MAY 2014 starters

You're on Page 2 of 25
Go to
  • IP beginner
    Hi All, I started IP on May 1st, my first WI is this friday, so far I am down about ten lbs according to my scale, ( very interested to see what their scale says at the clinic) I had a hard time with the IP lunches, so have been doing EAS carb control shakes and loving them! They had 17g protein, 1g carbs, 0g sugar and 0g fat..they seem to be hitting the spot for lunches, and are very filling.

I am also looking for subtitutions/alternatives for IP foods. I feel like a lot of the lunches are inedible...(chickan a la king in powder form from a packer)

if anyone else would like to help try to be motivation for each other, let me know! good luck everyone
  • I have my start up meeting tomorrow. Excited but nervous. I've been reading all the info in these threads. I Feel better knowing someone else is going through this with me. Sometimes I feel so alone in my weight. I have a feeling I wont feel like that anymore.
  • I am the same way, feeling very full. I have been having babyspinach and peppers for lunch with lemon, super tasty. My energy levels are fantastic. I never took vitamins before so that may be why. I actually feel more alert and organized...and as it is I am super organized. Down 6.5....hoping to reach 8 or 8.5 by Friday. Will try adding another 8 oz of water or maybe 16. I haven 't tried the WF products yet...will probably pick up a package or bottle to try when I go in on Friday. Welcome Sotian! The important thing is you started...don't look back Together we can do this!!
  • NEW PHASE 1 SHEET?

Hi May Starters! I got wind that there might be a new P1 Protocol sheet. The latest we have in the files is Dec 3013. Anyone receive a newer sheet from their clinic (it says at the bottom of the sheet).

Thanks!!
  • Hi Everyone!
    I started May 2nd, so I'm finally getting over the fatigue and headaches. My mom referred me to IP, she's on her fourth week and almost 20lbs down, and never been able to lose.

My first WI is tomorrow so I'm excited to see the results. I've been 100% and I haven't stepped on a scale all week so it'll hopefully be a good number!

It's great to have a support system like this forum. I hope it can help me stay motivated!
  • Quote: I started this week to. Another thing I do that helps me is Fitday. It a Free Online food/exercise tracking system... this took some time, but once I got all my IP foods in with cal, protein and carb.... your done.
    Quote: Also wish they had an IP app... Would make journal inputs easier.
    A lot of people use My Fitness Pal -- most of the Ideal Protein stuff is on that one so saves you typing things in. I'm sure there are lots of good tracking apps out there -- it's definitely worth using for tracking and seeing progress
  • Tomorrow the big weigh in! Waiting anxiously...was hoping for a bigger loss but a loss is a loss right? Having Lemon Ice Tea....not loving it. Very sweet.
    Momotrips how did you get your ticker? for weight status?

• Got it!!
  • Hi I started May 1st. I was used to carb cycling which worked well for me. I need to have the current knee replacement that I have, replaced again ASAP. I decided to try ip through my doctor hoping for better and faster weight loss. I had lost 10lbs the 2 weeks prior to starting IP.
    I was a bit sad that I only lost 4lbs my first week on IP. I am not able to walk well due to my knee. So figuring out exercised are challenging.
    Happy to have found this site. Love the creative receipes!
    Looking forward to making friends and supporting each other.
  • May 5th 2014 starter here!
    First time on this diet..I am encouraged by the weight loss my co worker and her husband had last week. Any other 5th starters?
  • IP virgin, day 1
    Just started today with IP and am so excited. Like others, been drinking a ton of water and running to the ladies....

Was a little hungry a few times, actually heard my stomach growl, haven't heard that in years! That would have sent me running for a snack last week, today I tried to embrace it..........

I am looking forward to checking in and helping others and being helped...thank God for support groups.
  • Hi everyone! I started IP on 5/6/12. Hasn't been bad so far other than a horrible headache today but that may be due to weather changes. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and support each other on this journey.
  • I start next week
    Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this site, and to the IP diet! I tried to start it about 3 weeks ago, and I REALLY STRUGGLED with the soups and the 2x/day food I could eat. I love the 1x/day food, though and wish I could eat it more!!! The bars & salt/vinegar chips are DELISH!!!

I'm really anxious to start, as I have about 65-70lbs to lose, and I want to follow this strictly since I know cheating is a BIG no-no. I just had a major event two weeks ago where many people in my association saw me (and lots of photos... ugh... I didn't realize how bad it had gotten!) My next big event is the first week of September, and I'd LOVE to really "wow" people with a weight-loss transformation.

Soooooo, in order to not cheat:

Anyone else had issues with the food and found ways to make the food tasty?

~Jenn
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this site, and to the IP diet! I tried to start it about 3 weeks ago, and I REALLY STRUGGLED with the soups and the 2x/day food I could eat. I love the 1x/day food, though and wish I could eat it more!!! The bars & salt/vinegar chips are DELISH!!!

I'm really anxious to start, as I have about 65-70lbs to lose, and I want to follow this strictly since I know cheating is a BIG no-no. I just had a major event two weeks ago where many people in my association saw me (and lots of photos... ugh... I didn't realize how bad it had gotten!) My next big event is the first week of September, and I'd LOVE to really "wow" people with a weight-loss transformation.

Soooooo, in order to not cheat:

Anyone else had issues with the food and found ways to make the food tasty?

~Jenn
    The salt & vinegar chips (not the ridges) are unrestricted so you can have them along with your restricted. Look at the first post of the daily chat and there are links to recipes, packet hacks, ideas for spicing things up, etc. So much good information!
  • I am not really creative yet but I salt and put italian herbs on my broccoli. It is delicious, I actually crave them. I am only on day 3 so we will see how it goes.
    My first weigh on is on the 16th.

They have me taking sugar free metamucel and stool softners. Anyone else taking these?