Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arich View Post
I am on day 4. Day 2 & 3 I had horrible headaches & dizzy but I woke up feeling better today. My only concern is that I hopped on the scale this morning and I am not down at all. I have been really pushing water because I thought that the headache may be due to dehydration. Have most people experienced a drop in the first few days or does it drop later in the week?
I've decided that it would be best if I hid my scale. I get obsessed with weighing myself and my weight can fluctuate so much. If I weigh myself everyday I get discouraged if I'm not losing the same amount each day, however, if I only weigh once a week i'll be excited at whatever the loss is. For instance if I weigh myself on Tuesday and i'm down 4 lbs and then I weigh myself again each day and the scale stays the same I get frustrated. Where as if I were to weigh once a week and was down 4 lbs I would think that was a great. Does that make sense?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #137  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I've decided that it would be best if I hid my scale. I get obsessed with weighing myself and my weight can fluctuate so much. If I weigh myself everyday I get discouraged if I'm not losing the same amount each day, however, if I only weigh once a week i'll be excited at whatever the loss is. For instance if I weigh myself on Tuesday and i'm down 4 lbs and then I weigh myself again each day and the scale stays the same I get frustrated. Where as if I were to weigh once a week and was down 4 lbs I would think that was a great. Does that make sense?
Kelly, I am in the exact same boat. I weigh myself several times a day and it is NOT HELPFUL! So, wanna make a deal? Let's hide our scales until... um... Monday. And then we'll report back and see if we liked it or if it drove us crazy. Does that sound good? Anyone is welcome to join us, and we'll regroup on Monday. Thoughts?
Old 05-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 261/224/160

Height: 5-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
I too am on day 4, and no loss! Be patient! Just follow the plan. Many people have been successful on the diet. We will be too! Don't weigh yourself until ur next weigh in. The pounds will drop! Hang in there!
so glad to hear! I am feeling much MUCH better physically today and it is nice to know others are having similar experiences.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 261/224/160

Height: 5-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Kelly, I am in the exact same boat. I weigh myself several times a day and it is NOT HELPFUL! So, wanna make a deal? Let's hide our scales until... um... Monday. And then we'll report back and see if we liked it or if it drove us crazy. Does that sound good? Anyone is welcome to join us, and we'll regroup on Monday. Thoughts?
count me in!
Old 05-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #140  
Started IP 5/1/14

Quote:
count me in!
Awesome
Old 05-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
count me in!
OK It's a deal!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #142  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Julz: Not sure if I'm reading incorrectly but P1 is 3 packets (2 non-restricted, 1 restricted) 4 cups of veggies, 8 oz of meat, 2 tsp of oil per day.

Veggies and meat are to be measured raw. It could be the way I was interpreting it but just checking to make sure that's what you're having per day.

Good luck, you can do it!
My "coach" has it all on a calendar, so I can't screw it up. Yesterday I had a shake packet for breakfast, a soup packet for lunch, 8oz of meat and two cups of veggies for dinner and a snack bar for snack. The veggies were sautéed in oil. I was short two cups of veggies ad I hadn't planned on four cups being ad much as it is. All measurements are taken pre-cooked.

Oh...and a salad, just lettuce, with my soup packet.

Is this not correct?

Last edited by Julzfatnomore; 05-22-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #143  
Start date 05.21.2014

Day two has brought on the sugar withdrawal headache...can't wait for day four to get here!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #144  
Started IP 5/1/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Day two has brought on the sugar withdrawal headache...can't wait for day four to get here!
Ugh, I'm sorry. It gets better, I promise! And soon!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #145  
Start date 05.21.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Ugh, I'm sorry. It gets better, I promise! And soon!
Day four seems to be the day that things look up for me when I'm doing sugar/carb cleanse. Generally I'd go for a run and build some endorphins to attack the headache but no exercise permitted. Guess I'll nap instead
Old 05-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #146  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
My "coach" has it all on a calendar, so I can't screw it up. Yesterday I had a shake packet for breakfast, a soup packet for lunch, 8oz of meat and two cups of veggies for dinner and a snack bar for snack. The veggies were sautéed in oil. I was short two cups of veggies ad I hadn't planned on four cups being ad much as it is. All measurements are taken pre-cooked.

Is this not correct?
It is:

1 packet for breakfast
1 packet & 2 cups of veggies for lunch
8 oz protein & 2 cups of veggies for dinner
1 packet as a snack
2 tsp of oil and your salt
All the lettuce you want

The Phase 1 sheet is in the 1st post of the daily chat.

Some people use a bit of their veggies for breakfast (like in the omelet) and break their protein up between lunch and dinner.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 05-22-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #147  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:

Is this not correct?
My coach told me a packet for breakfast, packet with 2 cups veggies and lettuce for lunch, 8oz meat with 2 cups veggies and lettuce for dinner and a packet for a snack. With a "packet" being any IP product as long as I only have restricted item once a day.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #148  

Height: 5'3"

Down 5lbs since last Thursday and so happy about it!

Today I was really, really hungry. I felt like I couldn't stop eating - all good, OP but still. This weekend we are doing a crab leg/shrimp boil with the family which I think is kind of perfect timing because it fits right in with IP. I'm going to miss the potatoes, corn, and kielbasa slices though. I'm making some cheesy cauliflower tots to be our "cheddar biscuits" Red Lobster style.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #149  
IP start date May 6, 2014

Height: 5 ft 7

Totally hungry today. I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow. Been drinking a lot of water but not that filling.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:28 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
My headache left today and I just completed day 4! They are such a pain. Wishing you a headache free day soon!
Closed Thread