3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Chubby & On a Budget (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295289-chubby-budget.html)

ems70508 04-28-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miholmes (Post 4993620)
Is there a specific kind of Quest Bar I should be looking at? Most of them seems to have between 19 & 24 carbs. Is that correct or are there specifics I need to look at? :)

when you calculate net carbs, subtract the fiber. that puts some quest bars in an acceptable range.

miholmes 04-28-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4993626)
when you calculate net carbs, subtract the fiber. that puts some quest bars in an acceptable range.

Bless your heart! Thank you! Adding that to my notes!

~Michael

ems70508 04-28-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphypuppy (Post 4993516)
This is a list I put together for myself to make it easier when I order from the Nashua website. I made the switch to alternatives earlier this month and am so glad I did! Good luck to you!!

thanks to this list, I just confidently made my first nashua order! Thank you! Excited to try non-restricted oatmeal and bars!

miholmes, not a problem! I'm going to try and find the list of acceptable ones for you! it's somewhere in a 'quest as an alt' type thread!

Bellamack 04-28-2014 03:47 PM

Wow Great Job doing your homework. Another bar option are the Detour Low Sugar. You can purchase individually at Wally or the Grocery. I buy an entire box at Sam's Club, they come out to around a $1.50 ish. Good Luck to you :)

ems70508 04-28-2014 03:52 PM

This is taken from the quest as an alternative thread and was posted by Lisa...

"The Quest Coconut Cashew bars don't fit our IP profile for alts (or maybe you could call them Super-restricted and limit to once/week). They have too much fat. Take fat calories (60) multiply by 3 (no more than 1/3 calories from fat) and you can see that there are too many calories from fat in this bar. You'd want no more than 56 calories from fat to be less than 1/3
The other Quest Bars that don't work (based on fat content) or would be Super Restricted:
Vanilla Almond Crunch,
Mixed Berry Bliss,
Peanut Butter Supreme,
Peanut Butter & Jelly,
White Chocolate Raspberry,
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

All of the other Quest bars would be restricted. There are two that fall right on the edge between restricted & non (Choc Peanut butter & Strawberry Cheesecake). Fat cals are under 1/3 (but not way under) and they both have 8 g net carbs. I'd still personally them restricted, altho some use them as nonrestricted. Make your decisions carefully and determine what works based on WIs."

Hope this helps!

65X65 04-28-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miholmes (Post 4993610)
Thanks I actually have both flavors in my fridge. I bought one of each to see which one I'd like better.

My next item to research is acceptable "free" drink choices. I know I can do tea, but like sweetener with it....so that isn't good...So now I'm on the hunt for that. Which I liked just plain old water......even though I'm choking it down today.....

There were some great teas out around the holidays...I found they were pretty good if I made them STRONG...I am NOT usually the tea drinker...really...I have always found tea a bit wimpy...(NO OFFENSE TO MY Irish relatives...and any other tea drinkers here...It's OK...you can tell me coffee is bitter!!!!)

Anyway...I do love my coffee....drink it black a mostly...and like espresso too. So tea with a kick probably works a little better if you are a coffee drinker. I'll look and see if I have any flavors left that had a bit more body and post them for you.

ReenHag 04-28-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4993633)
Wow Great Job doing your homework. Another bar option are the Detour Low Sugar. You can purchase individually at Wally or the Grocery. I buy an entire box at Sam's Club, they come out to around a $1.50 ish. Good Luck to you :)

I love the Detour lower sugar bars, too. Yum!

ChipnDip 04-28-2014 05:45 PM

Pure protein bars too. I get mine at costco or the grocery store or walmart. But I am in Canada

65X65 04-28-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4993681)
There were some great teas out around the holidays...I found they were pretty good if I made them STRONG... I'll look and see if I have any flavors left that had a bit more body and post them for you.

OK...Here is what i have left that helped me a lot...
Stash herbal tea: Acai Berry
Celestial Tea: Fruit Tea Sampler (has 5 flavors)
Biegelow: Orange and Spice
Eggnoggin

...And I think there was a gingerbread or gingerspice flavor and guessing it was Biegelow.

The other thing I discovered...after I got to maintenance, was the fruit drink mixes....are pretty good HEATED....so if you put a splash in a cup of tea that may also help. Others use the RTD vanilla in their coffee this way...I don't see why the orange or mango could not be used sparingly as a taste enhancer for tea.....if you don't use more than a splash. And don't use the entire package in a day. I'd say spread it out over about 3 days.

JLUS 04-28-2014 06:52 PM

Miholmes

The egg packet replacement is one whole egg and three whites (I think you had four) you can also use 4 whole eggs and two whites as your 8 oz "meat" if you like eggs (pretty inexpensive!)

I also really like Pure Protein shakes also available at WalMart/Target etc for $8/4 pack. A little larger and richer than EAS though I do both (love EAS Cafe Caramel, though VERY elusive!) (FYI drugstores seem to charge almost double for any of these ready-to-drinks so beware!)

I love to use Maple Grove Farms SUGAR FREE pancake/waffle mix found in the grocery store. Near Bob's Red Mill and gluten free products. $3.99 a box... Just use 1/4 cup mix with water to get batter consistency. No need to add egg or oil! Serve with Walden Farms maple or blueberry syrup.

Do you have the nutritional statistics info needed to select alternatives that mirror IP nutritional parameters? I am guessing you do as you seem very organized, but if not it is the second post of the Alternatives for Phase 1 thread.

You will do FANTASTIC!!

miholmes 04-28-2014 08:36 PM

Thanks SO much for being so helpful and welcoming!! It's so nice to know you have "people" when you need to ask a question! :)

Well I did my first day, and it wasn't terrible!!! :P Once my other food orders roll in I think it will be perfectly fine. Just need to keep reading through the forums and taking notes!

~Michael

JLUS 04-28-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miholmes (Post 4993786)
Thanks SO much for being so helpful and welcoming!! It's so nice to know you have "people" when you need to ask a question! :)

Well I did my first day, and it wasn't terrible!!! :P Once my other food orders roll in I think it will be perfectly fine. Just need to keep reading through the forums and taking notes!

~Michael

In some ways, you just took the hardest step... getting started. You got this, Michael... and we got you! Ask away, you will always find LOTS of helpful and knowledgeable people on this site. Keep reading, join in the Daily Chat and the 100% group - and the Men's group!

:goodluck:

Jmacsmith 04-29-2014 10:50 PM

Does this program use anything besides vitamins? I did medi weight loss and they did injections and a firm of phentermine

JLUS 04-29-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmacsmith (Post 4994675)
Does this program use anything besides vitamins? I did medi weight loss and they did injections and a firm of phentermine

Nope, just vitamins. There is a cleanse, though not a lit seem yo use it, and also a detox tea I think, but again, not many talk about either.

IP43 04-30-2014 12:09 AM

I think you'll do well because you're thinking through the program and understanding how it works. Taking time to read the threads is definitely showing through. You may be just starting, but mentally you're ahead of the game. Good luck!