Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #31  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I think it would be almost impossible for him to eat similar to the sample plan for a week and not lose! Even if he needs the fifth packet, I do not think his body would start holding on to fat that soon!! Mio, too little water... I just can't imagine those would give him 0 loss in a week!

I know you send his food with him and he eats the plan, but is it possible he is adding other things in as well? (Not trying to be mean and distrustful... But something besides IP is keeping him from losing.)
He is following 100%. He has no access to food at work. He gave up Tim hortons on his own and went from drinking XL dbl dbl to one cup of black. If I didn't give it him, he didn't eat it. I would guess maybe not enough water as being the only thing. I can't believe it either. I'm about to have weigh in 11. I feel like I understand the program. I was going to be using all alternatives for him but the order hadn't arrived so he still had some IP. He doesn't eat as much lettuce as me but he still has 2-3 cups at lunch.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
He is following 100%. He has no access to food at work. He gave up Tim hortons on his own and went from drinking XL dbl dbl to one cup of black. If I didn't give it him, he didn't eat it. I would guess maybe not enough water as being the only thing. I can't believe it either. I'm about to have weigh in 11. I feel like I understand the program. I was going to be using all alternatives for him but the order hadn't arrived so he still had some IP. He doesn't eat as much lettuce as me but he still has 2-3 cups at lunch.
Very strange then... Can you ask your coach for an opinion? I am sure he/she would understand that you can't afford to both come in, but maybe they would be willing to offer a suggestion?
Old 04-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #33  

Quote:
Very strange then... Can you ask your coach for an opinion? I am sure he/she would understand that you can't afford to both come in, but maybe they would be willing to offer a suggestion?
My coach is only learning! I educate her with stuff I learn here . I did order proti diet from a clinic. She was very helpful. I think I may speak to her about it. He has lost before on Atkins and Bernstein so I know he has been in ketosis before. Maybe he is just slow to get there this time. I'm trying to get him to give up restricted but he really looks forward to it.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #34  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
The crisps are definitely not restricted..I think your coach is mistaken..either that or my coach and many of the people on this site are!
Quote:
We had the SAME. debate when they first came out... Most coaches aid unrestricted but some were ABSOLUTELY adamant that they are restricted. Thing is, the nutrition info puts them in unrestricted (I looked up the salt/vinegar ones and they fit!)
I dislike the debate side! I realize that the nutritional information (ie net carbs (carb-fiber)) makes them unrestricted as far as carb wise, but maybe the coach is convinced for some other reason. He's pretty good about giving me good advice including ways I can indulge without IP, like a little teriyaki sauce is ok if I don't have a restricted that day, etc. He says my commitment to the plan makes him feel comfortable letting me know little tricks. I do trust him, I mean he is in it for the right reasons, he's a chiropractor and is pretty big on health. We have had very few issues other than that he's definitely got strong feelings about only using IP stuff but that's natural for all the coaches. I'm not saying anyone is wrong or right I'm just saying it makes me nervous lol I guess I will still just think they are restricted in my head
Old 04-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #35  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
help, please!!!
Has anyone heard of IP not working? My husband lost 0 last week and when he did ketostix this morning he is barely registering.

Typical day
B: IP peach mango, black coffee
L: RTD premier protein, salad with 2 cups mixed cucumber and peppers with homemade Asian dressing including 1 tsp EVOO
S: IP crisps
D: 8 oz chicken, grilled with 1 cup mushrooms, 1 cup broccoli
S: pure protein chocolate peanut butter bar

He's been pretty good with supplements and drinking his water and adding his salt.

He is following things just like me, except I don't eat the bars very often and he was putting Mio in his water pretty regularly. I use stevia in my tea a couple times a day without a problem.

I can't believe mio would make a difference and if it does there is no way he will stick to the diet that will be that sensitive. He has been weak and starving all week

He is 300 pounds. Is it maybe because he is only having 4 packets instead of 5? I really want him to give me another week but I can't say I would have stayed on this if my first week wasn't so inspiring.
Is he getting the 2nd tsp of oil in there somewhere? Seems like he is kind of low on healthy fats. Maybe change up the chicken with ground beef or steak a few nights?

Some obvious questions - is he suffering from the Big C? Maybe overdoing the salt?

It does seem awfully early for him to hit a 0 loss. Is he weighing at the same time every week?

Just brain storming...
Old 04-28-2014, 09:07 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Is he getting the 2nd tsp of oil in there somewhere? Seems like he is kind of low on healthy fats. Maybe change up the chicken with ground beef or steak a few nights?

Some obvious questions - is he suffering from the Big C? Maybe overdoing the salt?

It does seem awfully early for him to hit a 0 loss. Is he weighing at the same time every week?

Just brain storming...
Thanks for the suggestions.

It's only been one week as of this morning. I do get the second tsp in most times. Same as I do for me. I know it is better in its natural state but sometimes I have used a bit to cook with. We had ground beef and steak last week too, eggs, pork tenderloin and ground turkey. We have been a little light in the salt if anything. No problem with big C - that was my first question.

It doesn't make any sense at all!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
help, please!!!
Has anyone heard of IP not working? My husband lost 0 last week and when he did ketostix this morning he is barely registering.

He's been pretty good with supplements and drinking his water and adding his salt.

He is following things just like me, except I don't eat the bars very often and he was putting Mio in his water pretty regularly.
I can't believe mio would make a difference and if it does there is no way he will stick to the diet that will be that sensitive. He has been weak and starving all week

He is 300 pounds. Is it maybe because he is only having 4 packets instead of 5? I really want him to give me another week but I can't say I would have stayed on this if my first week wasn't so inspiring.
He may need more food (red meats)... and if he has any issues around blood sugars ie diabetic or pre-diabetic he should be on the IP Phase 1 Alternative plan. Check with the coach... and btw, for some people MIO does make a difference! Especially if he is generous with his squirts. Also, is he chewing gum? If it's not SPRY there are carbs involved and that can also make a difference. Just some ideas. Hope you guys can figure it out soon. Make sure you measure your oil for the salads

Liana
Old 04-28-2014, 09:12 PM   #38  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions.

It's only been one week as of this morning. I do get the second tsp in most times. Same as I do for me. I know it is better in its natural state but sometimes I have used a bit to cook with. We had ground beef and steak last week too, eggs, pork tenderloin and ground turkey. We have been a little light in the salt if anything. No problem with big C - that was my first question.

It doesn't make any sense at all!!!
Well, the only other thing I can think of is have you checked the batteries on your scale?

I wouldn't cut out the restricted yet - give it another week and see how he does. Has he lost any inches?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
I just got back from having my picture taken to be put in the newspaper and I'm dreading it coming out! I'm going back to school for my masters in social work and was awarded a scholarship from a local sorority. I'm happy to have the $500 but not for the newspaper on Thursday.
Congratulations on your scholarship. I have my MSW. What type of work are you hoping to do in the field?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #40  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
... and if he has any issues around blood sugars ie diabetic or pre-diabetic he should be on the IP Phase 1 Alternative plan.
I don't think that's necessarily true for everyone. I was pre-diabetic and, yes, I was having issues. The doctor was getting ready to put me on medication when I started IP. She was concerned about waiting but agreed to give me 3 weeks. At the end of 3 weeks my blood sugars were nearly normal and within 3 months my blood sugars were totally normal and have continued to be great.

Of course everyone should check with their doctor before starting IP and make sure they have all the blood work done.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I don't think that's necessarily true for everyone. I was pre-diabetic and, yes, I was having issues. The doctor was getting ready to put me on medication when I started IP. She was concerned about waiting but agreed to give me 3 weeks. At the end of 3 weeks my blood sugars were nearly normal and within 3 months my blood sugars were totally normal and have continued to be great.

Of course everyone should check with their doctor before starting IP and make sure they have all the blood work done.
I understood the alternative was mandatory for Type 1 diabetics, not necessarily type 2.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #42  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
I understood the alternative was mandatory for Type 1 diabetics, not necessarily type 2.
That was my understanding too JLUS.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I dislike the debate side! I realize that the nutritional information (ie net carbs (carb-fiber)) makes them unrestricted as far as carb wise, but maybe the coach is convinced for some other reason. He's pretty good about giving me good advice including ways I can indulge without IP, like a little teriyaki sauce is ok if I don't have a restricted that day, etc. He says my commitment to the plan makes him feel comfortable letting me know little tricks. I do trust him, I mean he is in it for the right reasons, he's a chiropractor and is pretty big on health. We have had very few issues other than that he's definitely got strong feelings about only using IP stuff but that's natural for all the coaches. I'm not saying anyone is wrong or right I'm just saying it makes me nervous lol I guess I will still just think they are restricted in my head
Amber - just wanted to clarify, I wasn't suggesting your coach was wrong or maybe viewing them with different info than just nutrition info... More I was pointing out that for some reason, there are two camps of coaches on these chips! I wonder how corporate intended them to be used?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #44  

Thanks everyone. I need to convince him to let me measure him. Originally he told me he didn't weigh himself at the start if the week and then when he said he hadn't lost weight I asked how he knew. Maybe he only guessed and was higher than he thought. Not being in ketosis is the part they bothers me when I know how compliant he has been.

We will stay the course for the rest of the week and I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #45  

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I need to convince him to let me measure him. Originally he told me he didn't weigh himself at the start if the week and then when he said he hadn't lost weight I asked how he knew. Maybe he only guessed and was higher than he thought. Not being in ketosis is the part they bothers me when I know how compliant he has been.

We will stay the course for the rest of the week and I will keep my fingers crossed.
Sure doesn't seem like he can know anything about his weight from day one until now!!

I know this really must be hard for you since you know this CAN work and know the benefits it will bring both of you! Keep encouraging him and see if he will work on it a few more weeks.

Also keep in mind that HE really needs to want this right now as much... No, even MIRE than you do! You can give him the structure and help him understand the plan, but it has to be the right time for him.

I went through this with my hubby. He was the one who started IP and I decided to join the next week. Then he had SOME stomach issues with some of the products and after about three weeks, gave it up. I actually don't think the stomach upset was really the issue... He travels... It was hard... He had to give up a lot....Etc.

He ended up gaining for a few more months. I was losing and doing well with it... All of a sudden, he started using the elliptical, cut out a lot of carbs, curbed his beer drinking, and lo and behold, he was losing too. It really had to be HIS choice to get going again, and although he doesn't "do" IP, he eats everything I do at home for dinner and continues to make less carby selections when eating out!!

So things can work out! Keep strong! It will happen!

Last edited by JLUS; 04-28-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Closed Thread