IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: There is soooo much in your body that can alter this reading. We used these in my kinesiology classes. We actually had a lab that used this, a caliper and bmi to test which we thought was most accurate. On most people the caliper was the best measure of the things we had available. That can vary depending on the level of skill the person doing it had. One thing to remember about bio-impedance is that it can only measure a short way. So unless you have electrodes all over the body it can only measure what is closest. So one you stand on gives more of a measure of lower body and one that is hand held will measure upper body. It is also very, very, very dependent on hydration measure. They say scale weight should be done first thing in the morning and bio impedance should actually be done at the end of the day. Most people do not drink a gallon of water before weigh in, so your water levels are probably down when you get measured.

Also, body fat does not change a whole lot week to week. It is actually a measurement that should be done less frequently.
    Actually I do drink a lot of water before I go because I weigh in first thing in the morning on my scale so I don't stress about what I have or haven't eaten or had to drink before my appointment. The thing he uses measures hydration.
  • Quote: I buy it at Martin's, which also has stores in PA called Giant. Also check their website "Where to buy" section at http://www.maplegrove.com/content_wtb.asp
    Thank you! We don't have those stores here.

I used the store locator, and it gave me several stores in my area which carry their products. When I went to the store to buy the mix, I learned that they only carry the Maple Grove maple syrup. I'll keep trying. At least I can always get it from netrition.com!
  • Quote: I buy it at my local grocery store chain Shop Rite (and Stop and Shop). I find it in a special section of "healthy" type baking products with whole wheat mixes, gluten free baking mixes. It is somewhat near the Bob's Red Mill products, and in my store happens to be across from the syrups.
    Thanks! I don't have a Stop and Shop near me, but we will be near one in June. Might be a chance to stock up and not pay shipping, if it turns out to be something that I like.