Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/278.9/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Unhappy help!!! can't stop eating peanut butter :-(

Hi,
It's my second time around on IP. Last time , I didn't phase off properly and du to a lot of stress, I gained everything back and some more! So now I'm back for round 2. The first 3 dadidn't lose and was 100% OP, so on the fourth day I had a tbsp of pb then I lost 2.5 pounds. But then the cravings got bigger. And now, I can't stop :-( my last coach told me that if I wanted to cheat pb was the best option, so I can't get it out of my head! Everything else is perfect, except the stupid pb! Any advice?

My kidneys hurt all the time... is it normal?

Thanks for your time
Cath138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath138 View Post
Hi,
It's my second time around on IP. Last time , I didn't phase off properly and du to a lot of stress, I gained everything back and some more! So now I'm back for round 2. The first 3 dadidn't lose and was 100% OP, so on the fourth day I had a tbsp of pb then I lost 2.5 pounds. But then the cravings got bigger. And now, I can't stop :-( my last coach told me that if I wanted to cheat pb was the best option, so I can't get it out of my head! Everything else is perfect, except the stupid pb! Any advice?

Thanks for your time
Get rid of the PB now! Out the door... No more... Nada!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Cath138

I would join a group for peanut butter addicts if I could. The stuff is like crack for me (just to clarify never done crack). My coach suggested Walden's PB but I would agree about getting it out of the house or moving it out of site when you open the cupboard.

You can do it, just "take it one day at a time".
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I too have a peanut butter addiction..haven't touched it since starting this plan 7 days ago. I agree that you have to get it out of the house, I know I wouldn't be able to have a tsp with out over doing it!!
NaeNae2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #5  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Could you try the IP Peanut Butter Bar for your snack? If you can limit yourself to one a day (they are delicious), you could still have PB and stay on plan!
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath138 View Post
Hi,
It's my second time around on IP. I can't stop :-( my last coach told me that if I wanted to cheat pb was the best option, so I can't get it out of my head! Everything else is perfect, except the stupid pb! Any advice?

Thanks for your time
WTH!, I can't believe your last coach suggested that if you 'want to cheat' PB is the best option. Not if it's your trigger food! Also... do you REALLY "want to cheat?' It sounds simplistic but cheating won't get you to your goal, so which do you want more?? GET THE PB OUT OF THE HOUSE!

Bad coach.... BAD, BAD coach!! Take a deep breath, and don't eat anything that reminds you of or tastes like peanut butter, since it is your craving. And yes, you CAN stop! Believe in yourself and your reasons for getting back on the plan. Do it one day at a time - don't look at how long you will have to do without pb, just do it for today. Then tomorrow - do it for that day, etc.

We have faith in you, hang on

How do you know it is kidneys? just wondering... Kidneys should be checked out - some people may have problems with higher protein if they have kidney issues so watch your levels of protein - you should be eating normal amounts of protein and not high - go to the doc or if your clinic is at a doctor's office mention it asap. I know it's easy to say 'cause I'm in Canada and our health care is covered, but it IS your health and you should be sure.

Liana (ok, off my rant now... )

Last edited by canadjineh; 04-23-2014 at 12:39 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #7  

Cath138:

I agree with JLUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Get rid of the PB now! Out the door... No more... Nada!
Not only would I throw out the peanut butter, but I wouldn't take the advice to use IP peanut-flavored products. You may need to detox from that flavor for awhile until cravings subside.

The best treatment for cravings is abstaining.

I also cannot believe your coach would suggest you cheat with PEANUT BUTTER!!! WTH! What are we gonna do with those coaches?
Good choices for extreme hunger include an 80 calorie IP packet, a boiled egg, or some chicken broth.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-23-2014 at 01:02 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #8  

Thank you ladies :-) I can't get rid of the peanut butter since my parents and brother eat dome daily... but I asked my brother to find a good place to hide it and never tell me until I'm done with IP and I did the same with my boyfriend! I never liked the peanut butter products so that won't be a problem :-) I'm starting a clean slate tomorrow (same day as my first round) . I will succeed and be sexy for me :-D
thank you again! I don't know what I would do without you (and the instagram IP community)
Old 04-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #9  

Sorry, Cath138 - I didn't notice you were in QC, you should be able to make an apptmt with your doc about the kidneys easily then.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #10  

canadjineh, I already have my annual exam in 2 weeks so I will mention it then :-) I go to a private doctor so I only go when I really need it (ot gets expensive! )
Old 04-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/196/185

Height: 5'8"

Default my vice is ...

The Slaw.. any type of cole slaw...... looking for 12 step program.
... Did you know that you can even get sauerkraut slaw.. and Spicy Mustard Sauerkraut relish....
So I totally understand the peanut butter addiction.
dchild8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #12  

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for your time
I have a SERIOUS peanut butter issue. It has been the hardest thing to deal with on this diet. I have to tell myself a hundred times a day not never, just not now. The only thing I have found that has helped me a little bit is the choco peanut butter bar. Just be careful to only have one a day.
babykadea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I did IP for 6 weeks, and then quit for a variety of reasons. I don't eat much peanut butter and don't crave it, except when on an extreme diet. I have done HCG twice and during then and on IP, I couldn't stop craving peanut butter. On days I was light headed, a spoonful would make me feel normal again, and not sick. I lost 15 pounds in the 6 weeks on IP, so a spoonful here and there didn't hurt my losses too much. When not dieting (current status) a jar of peanut butter will last for months.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchild8989 View Post
The Slaw.. any type of cole slaw...... looking for 12 step program.
... Did you know that you can even get sauerkraut slaw.. and Spicy Mustard Sauerkraut relish....
So I totally understand the peanut butter addiction.
Not sure I understand slaw as a vice - cabbage is allowed P1 - slaw or sauerkraut or even spicy mustard kind?? Or is it the dressing really - mayo with extra sugar?
Do an EVOO/spicy mustard/apple cider vinegar dressing (with stevia if you need to) and put it on your cabbages (mix colours to make it interesting), chop up some celery and add bit of caraway seed & S&P.

Liana
Old 04-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #15  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Everyone is so caught up on the PB they failed to notice the real problem.

Kidney pain is not normal.

Go see a doctor pronto.

As for the PB? Peanut Butter is a terrible choice for a "cheat".

Calories matter. Peanut butter is loaded with calories. LOADED. It also has plenty of sugar. If you can't stop eating it than throw it away.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote