Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

http://cathe.com/muscle-aging-the-im...power-training
Old 04-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I survived countless parties while staying OP since starting this IP journey, but all my carefully crafted plans for Easter were blown out of water. I had no intention of going off plan, but I did. In a big way. I refuse to beat myself for it and today is a new day with a renewed commitment and determination to this program that is working so well for me.

I did learn something that sort of really scared me. Once I gave myself permission to go ahead and have "forbidden" food, I could not stop myself. I kind of overindulged. I realize that I really have to start do to some work on my inner voices, my self control, whatever it is. I am definitely going to go get that book that Lisa quotes in her daily motivation "The Beck diet solution".

Have a great OP day!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
I survived countless parties while staying OP since starting this IP journey, but all my carefully crafted plans for Easter were blown out of water. I had no intention of going off plan, but I did. In a big way. I refuse to beat myself for it and today is a new day with a renewed commitment and determination to this program that is working so well for me.

I did learn something that sort of really scared me. Once I gave myself permission to go ahead and have "forbidden" food, I could not stop myself. I kind of overindulged. I realize that I really have to start do to some work on my inner voices, my self control, whatever it is. I am definitely going to go get that book that Lisa quotes in her daily motivation "The Beck diet solution".

Have a great OP day!
I think this is why 100% is necessary for many people. I had a fun day Saturday and it was really my first one since being on P4. Did a reset P1 day yesterday and sure enough all pounds are gone and I feel good today. Interesting the way that works.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

Have a great OP day!
kontesanera - I read this and remember some really trying times that I have been through that sound very similar to what you have posted. I have since then purchased the Beck book as well as others to try to get some insight into my behaviors.

All I can say at this point is that I KNOW that having forbidden food sends me on a downward spiral, unable to control my overindulging. It can take me a week or many weeks to get it back under control.

So I am not sure what I am going to do to deal with that in the future when I reach goal but I know, for me, that NOT going off is the key. I have not been cured of obesity, no matter what my weight is. I need to accept that and embrace whatever help I can get in trying to understand it.

A book which has helped me is "Fat Chance, Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Foods, Obesity and Disease". It does not necessarily help with figuring out my mental process, but it is so brutal and frank about what all the things mentioned in the title do to the human body that it almost scares me into compliance.

If I can keep that information in the forefront of my mind, it may make it easier to tackle those tough moments.

Good luck and just hang in there.

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Chance-Bea.../dp/159463100X
Old 04-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #20  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:

Have a great OP day!
kontesanera Thanks for your confession and showing us the "real" side of struggling to lose this weight... it sounds like you have a good mental attitude about it and you have learned from the experience... I indulged while on vacation and it resulted in me struggling for awhile to get back on track... prepare yourself!! I too should go get that book, Lisa has peaked my interest!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #21  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
....I did learn something that sort of really scared me. Once I gave myself permission to go ahead and have "forbidden" food, I could not stop myself. I kind of overindulged....

Have a great OP day!
It's an easy mindset to get into "Oh well - I've cheated now. I may as well go crazy and start again tomorrow". However, we've had many "I'll start tomorrow"s which is why we're here in the first place. Good for you for getting back on track and recognizing that you have to work on your mindset. The diet is temporary but eating is for life. If we don't fix how we look at food, the weight won't stay off later.

Maybe we should have a "thoughts of the day" or "Favourite quotes" thread and we could ask Lisa to post her "Beck" inspirational thoughts there - and others could put favourite quotes etc. When people need a morale boost, they don't have too look too far for some words of wisdom Just a thought...
Old 04-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #22  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

I just got the book and am super excited about reading it. This is the area where I really need help (mental side of things). I know I will lose weight if I stay OP but need to know what else to do mentally.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #23  

I've been on ideal protein since November 15, 2013. I weighed 171, my goal was 135. I lost an average of 2 pounds a week. My total loss was 25 pounds, which at that point I phased off for a week as I had a mexico trip which was planned long before I started this program. When I came back I immediately went back on the program, which was February 10th. Since I have gone back on the program I have lost 7 pounds in a total of 10 weeks (feb 10 to now). Most weeks have been a zero loss. It is extremely discouraging as I am 100% on plan all of the time, but I'm not seeing results like I did before I went on vacation. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?
Old 04-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Well, WI #4: 0 pounds lost.

I am trying not to let the negative thoughts creep in...the naysayer is trying deperately to tell me that this is yet another diet that is just not going to work for me, that I have now exhausted my last hope, that I am destined to be fat forever. That stupid, stupid voice. I am trying hard to remember all the great advice, encouragement, and words of wisdom I have read on here. Trying to remember that even though I have seen plenty of people with losses every week listed underneath their signatures, there must be plenty of people out there just like me. Trying to remember that just because I didn't lose anything this week doesn't mean that I am doing anything "wrong." I have been 100% OP (with alternatives) since Day 1. Trying to tell myself not to cut out the restricted item I've been having every day just because of 1 week with no loss.

The rational side of this diet is easy: follow the plan as written and it will work...the mental and emotional part is so tough when the loss doesn't always occur like we'd like it to! Sticking with it through the ups and downs is so hard for me, and something I am working to improve. Coming here and seeing how all of you are not just following the plan but living the plan is inspiring.

WHO'S WITH ME?? ANYONE WANT TO HELP ME BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE NAYSAYER IN MY HEAD TODAY?? LOL
On my third week I was actually up .5lb and I was like you feeling very disappointed and discouraged but I didn't give up. I also noticed many people on here did have a week where they didn't lose any weight as well. They next week I weighed in and had lost another 4.5. Today would've been my normal weigh in day but the clinic is closed so I have to wait until thursday but I am feeling optimistic.
So hang in there, keep good thoughts and look forward to the next week where you should have some loss to show for all of your hard work!! You are doing great!! Stay positive!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Have a great OP day!
I completely understand. I ate 3 pieces of pizza this weekend and I honestly could have ate more! I thought after one I would be so full that I wouldn't want anymore...not so! I also had some frosting from a cake and as soon as I ate it I got SO sick. It was immediately time to GO HOME. Anyone else experience this? On a positive side, I was able to FINALLY go the bathroom. Also positive? I've had NO desire to eat any Easter candy!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #26  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykadea View Post
... Since I have gone back on the program I have lost 7 pounds in a total of 10 weeks (feb 10 to now). Most weeks have been a zero loss. It is extremely discouraging as I am 100% on plan all of the time, but I'm not seeing results like I did before I went on vacation. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?
I have heard that it is harder to lose the second time around. Not sure why. So for those on track STAY ON! However, I'm about to start for the second time and I haven't been OP for a long time so I'm curious as to whether I will see the same results as I did a year ago when I started. Time will tell....
Old 04-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Thank you all for your support. I honestly think that if I had the time to check in on these boards yesterday, I probably would have stayed on track. I was also thinking of emailing my coach today, just to stay accountable. Trying to hide what happened yesterday could lead to revert to my old ways, pretending to eat healthy in front of others, then stuffing myself with junky things when no one is looking. I refuse to be that again, it is so shameful and humiliating to go back there. I also refuse to turn 1 day of relapse into 2, then 3, then weeks on end. I also refuse to beat myself for it because as we all know, "relapse is part of recovery", and this journey is not just about losing weight, it is also about freeing myself from the bonds of my addiction to food. I also think that I learned a valuable lesson yesterday that will spring me into action and make me more aware of my relationship with food.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #28  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well I survived... however I gained a pound since weigh in Saturday for the summer challenge making this weeks loss my lowest ever at 1.2lbs, I did eat a couple hard boiled eggs and I wasn't very good with my vitamins this week, but I'm still a little surprised to have gained from Saturday... Oh well there's always this week!! LOL
Old 04-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #29  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well I survived... however I gained a pound since weigh in Saturday for the summer challenge making this weeks loss my lowest ever at 1.2lbs, I did eat a couple hard boiled eggs and I wasn't very good with my vitamins this week, but I'm still a little surprised to have gained from Saturday... Oh well there's always this week!! LOL
Sometimes its not the eggs or vitamins.... sometimes your body is just holding onto a little water or adjusting to your weight loss. Your losses have been awesome! Keep up the great work!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #30  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I too struggled this weekend with eating properly. I drove home on Friday and figured there would be veggies at my boyfriend's parents' place - NOPE! No grocery stores were open so I wasn't able to get any veggies in all day. We went to a local bar to see a performance and by the time we got back I was starving - I gave in and had a venison pepperette. I felt so guilty the next day - I wish it was a bad dream. However it gave me strength for Saturday and Sunday. Even when family kept asking over and over for me to eat something I stayed strong. I'm nervous about letting my coach know but I'm human.
Closed Thread