3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #46
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
kontesanera - I read this and remember some really trying times that I have been through that sound very similar to what you have posted.

A book which has helped me is "Fat Chance, Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Foods, Obesity and Disease". It does not necessarily help with figuring out my mental process, but it is so brutal and frank about what all the things mentioned in the title do to the human body that it almost scares me into compliance.

If I can keep that information in the forefront of my mind, it may make it easier to tackle those tough moments.

Good luck and just hang in there.

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Chance-Bea.../dp/159463100X
Thanks, Schenectady,

I just ordered the book to my Kindle.

I want to be scared straight!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #47
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

okie.... I'm back! Guess it took this girl to hit rock bottom first...lol Day 1 and excited to get my body back! I forgot that we cant have balsamic vinegar though... : ( I didn't have too much, threw out my salad when I realized mid bite.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #48

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass2ander View Post
okie.... I'm back! Guess it took this girl to hit rock bottom first...lol
WTG! Welcome back, dive right in and sally forth! Mixed metaphors lol.
Seriously, good for you. I'm sure you are already feeling much better for getting back on track.

At goal or below since March 5, 2014
Old 04-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #49

S/C/G: 244/167/150

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Yayalaine[/b];4988709]I'm wondering if I'm "sensitive" to some types of whey proteins. I ordered a bunch of single-serving sample products from Nashua Nutrition and I have experienced significant "tummy distress" (severe bloating/pain) when I tried two of the syntrax products. I tried them several days apart... one was the nectar product and one was the matrix. Both times, I felt miserable for hours!! Enough that I don't want to risk trying another even though I have several that I purchased.

I know I have used other products that have whey in them, but I'm wondering if there is something different about the syntrax whey protein?? I guess it's time to start researching the different types of supplemental protein and figuring out how they differ.
Yayalaine, I am on IP food but after about six months I have been getting stomach aches as well, although in my case I believe its the soy. I'm trying to lighten up on the IP products with soy but its not so easy. The problem comes and goes and I just want to get the weight off ASAP so I can go off of soy as well as prosessed food!

I know that probably wasn't too helpful but wanted you to know that I'm facing some stomach issues on this diet!

Old 04-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #50
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass2ander View Post
okie.... I'm back! Guess it took this girl to hit rock bottom first...lol Day 1 and excited to get my body back! I forgot that we cant have balsamic vinegar though... : ( I didn't have too much, threw out my salad when I realized mid bite.
I'm restarting today too - we can commiserate together over the next 3 days. Welcome back too.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #51
IP since February 12/14

S/C/G: 249/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
What does a bear do? Gives BEAR HUGS. Let your hubby and son know that this diet may give you a wicked case of PMS. It doesn't help their pain at all, but at least they'll understand if you start to cry, or yell because someone left the toilet paper roll empty.... Give 'em fair warning and a headstart to run... all will be well
I've already told my kids that when I lose it they should (kindly) remind me that maybe it is time for a meal. Every time it has been because I am hungry. They leave me alone while I get dinner made now! No time for interruptions!!

WI 1: 8.5, WI 2: -6.5, WI 3: -4.5, WI 4: -2, WI 5: -2, WI 6: -3, WI 7: -3.5, WI 8: -2.5, WI 9: -2, WI 10: -4, WI 11: -1, WI 12: -3.5, WI 13: -2, WI 14: -3.5, WI 14: -2.5, WI 15: -2, WI 16:-2.5, WI 17: -2.5, WI 18: -4.5, WI 19:-2, WI 20: -.5, WI 21:-2, WI 22: -3, WI 23: -2.5
Old 04-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #52

S/C/G: 255/209.00/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Yayalaine, I am on IP food but after about six months I have been getting stomach aches as well, although in my case I believe its the soy. I'm trying to lighten up on the IP products with soy but its not so easy. The problem comes and goes and I just want to get the weight off ASAP so I can go off of soy as well as prosessed food!

I know that probably wasn't too helpful but wanted you to know that I'm facing some stomach issues on this diet!
No fun, is it?? I have done some "googling" since posted earlier and found different articles that basically said that some people may be sensitive to whey protein isolate, but not whey cassienate (sp??) and vice versa. And, some people are just more sensitive to certain brands of products. So, I'm just trying to make notes about the products that cause me some distress and avoid them from now on. I hope it doesn't begin to happen with all of them.

I have struggled with the Big C since starting IP, but have always had problems with that even before IP. I am still working on helping that issue.

But, this stomach pain is new. I hope that I can avoid products that cause it.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #53
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
I have done some "googling" since posted earlier and found different articles that basically said that some people may be sensitive to whey protein isolate, but not whey cassienate (sp??) and vice versa. And, some people are just more sensitive to certain brands of products. So, I'm just trying to make notes about the products that cause me some distress and avoid them from now on. I hope it doesn't begin to happen with all of them.

I have struggled with the Big C since starting IP, but have always had problems with that even before IP. I am still working on helping that issue.

But, this stomach pain is new. I hope that I can avoid products that cause it.
don't overlook the artificial sweeteners (esp sucralose) as a cause of the stomach pain. That and soy are HUGE culprits.

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

Old 04-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #54

S/C/G: 215/159.7/135

Height: 5'4

Does anyone else feel like the energy just gets sapped out of them? I find that by the end of the day I just want to go home and go to bed! I volunteered to help spread mulch at church today and a half hour in I was so weak! Wondering if there are any supplements to take that may help?
Old 04-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #55
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well today's weigh in and body comp analysis was a first, so remember I was joking/complaining that the two eggs I ate made me gain a pound from Saturday and made my loss for the week 1.2 which is my lowest so far. Well funny thing, we do the body comp thing and I actually lost 2lbs of fat but gained about a pound of lean weight (I attribute it to yoga and a ton of water). So anyway I'm ok with those results lol

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
Old 04-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #56

S/C/G: 301/289/240

Height: 6'3

Ok I have a question..I have not really eaten any red meat since starting the diet about 2 wks ago. I had some steak for dinner last night and felt so sick after. Anyone ever experienced this?
Old 04-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #57

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug470 View Post
Ok I have a question..I have not really eaten any red meat since starting the diet about 2 wks ago. I had some steak for dinner last night and felt so sick after. Anyone ever experienced this?
Why haven't you eaten any red meat? Just wondering... Also, how was your steak cooked, were you at a restaurant? Maybe if it was a fatty cut it was just a bit too rich for you after eating lo-fat for the past two weeks?

Liana

At goal or below since March 5, 2014
Old 04-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #58
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Does anyone else feel like the energy just gets sapped out of them? I find that by the end of the day I just want to go home and go to bed! I volunteered to help spread mulch at church today and a half hour in I was so weak! Wondering if there are any supplements to take that may help?
This is a low exercise diet specifically for that reason. If you do have to do something so exerting, you are allowed an extra packet or extra egg whites-- it is a very low cal diet and energy can be an issue for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug470 View Post
I hope it was an isolated incident. Someone I know was having a lot of discomfort from eating red meat and it ended up being a sign of gallbladder issues. We had never even thought of that so just mentioning it so you can check out gallbladder symptoms -- and hopefully rule that out
Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #59

S/C/G: 217/185/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbLover443 View Post
I have a question for you guys. My mother in law is doing Medifast and she gave me one of her packets to make ice cream. I'm not sure if I should eat it though..I'm nervous...but I would really love some ice cream. Here are the stats:

Cals 110
Fat 2.5 g
Total Carbs 14 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 11 g

Would I eat this as a restricted item? Or is the sugar way too high?
It would be a restricted because net carbs (14 - 4) are over 8. When looking at carbs, you do not have to look at sugars separately as they are factored into total carbs which is the important number (IP products have sugar as well). Do make sure there is no Aspartame in it.

Also the IP minimum for protein should be 12, but this won,t be a big deal unless you start having it every day as a packet.

FYI - many people mix up their IP puddings or shakes and put in the freezer to get an ice cream-like consistency. (I wonder if that is pretty much what this product is?)

Met Goal Aug 2013
Return P1 July 2014 for 15 lb additional

Old 04-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #60
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
WTG! Welcome back, dive right in and sally forth! Mixed metaphors lol.
Seriously, good for you. I'm sure you are already feeling much better for getting back on track.

Haha, I like your metaphors! Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be back and feel a little wiser now after falling off the wagon.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.