IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • I was able to stay OP but had to plan, plan, plan!! My parents wanted to take me out for supper last night and I said no... I eat in so many restaurants when I travel for work that I love being home and having control over how things are prepared. I slow cooked a roast and it was scrumptious! The folks leave this morning so last night I threw all the leftover carbs in the garbage and I'm making them take the bread and jam I bought for them. I now have a solid month before I have any travel or house guests so I'm looking forward to a whole month with no distractions!
  • I had a question forgot to ask at my appointment today. I've been using spinach to make my salads as I like that better. I'm not counting that as part of my veggies. Is that ok to do?
  • Quote: I had a question forgot to ask at my appointment today. I've been using spinach to make my salads as I like that better. I'm not counting that as part of my veggies. Is that ok to do?
    The suggestion they gave to me was to watch how my body responded - I am not very carb sensitive at all, so it made no difference to me using fresh spinach. On the other hand if you are eating 2C of cooked/wilted spinach that is definitely a vegetable that should be counted! See how your weight and measures go before you make the decision, or mix your spinach with half romaine or other robust lettuces like a good spring mix.

How long have you been on IP plan?

Liana
  • I'm wondering if I'm "sensitive" to some types of whey proteins. I ordered a bunch of single-serving sample products from Nashua Nutrition and I have experienced significant "tummy distress" (severe bloating/pain) when I tried two of the syntrax products. I tried them several days apart... one was the nectar product and one was the matrix. Both times, I felt miserable for hours!! Enough that I don't want to risk trying another even though I have several that I purchased.

I know I have used other products that have whey in them, but I'm wondering if there is something different about the syntrax whey protein?? I guess it's time to start researching the different types of supplemental protein and figuring out how they differ.
  • Quote: I've been on ideal protein since November 15, 2013. I weighed 171, my goal was 135. I lost an average of 2 pounds a week. My total loss was 25 pounds, which at that point I phased off for a week as I had a mexico trip which was planned long before I started this program. When I came back I immediately went back on the program, which was February 10th. Since I have gone back on the program I have lost 7 pounds in a total of 10 weeks (feb 10 to now). Most weeks have been a zero loss. It is extremely discouraging as I am 100% on plan all of the time, but I'm not seeing results like I did before I went on vacation. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?
    You have only 13 lbs to go...your body will fight to hold on to that, trust me - I know since we have similar weights - start & goal. I had a big stall and had to move on to Alternative Phase 1 to 'let my body know it wasn't being starved'. This is the plan used for people with insulin resistant diabetes. It includes 1 fruit/1 starch/1 lo-fat dairy a day. Once I did that, I began losing the last few pounds and phased into P3 at about 3 lbs over my goal weight where I CONTINUED to lose until maintenance. I am now 7 weeks into maintenance and having no problems whatsoever. You will be able to as well but remember that the less you have to lose, the slower it will come off. Hang in there, be patient and discuss this Alternative option with your coach. You can always google IP Alternative Phase 1 for a copy of the eating plan sheet if you are going it alone or to just get an idea of what I am talking about. Make sure you are drinking ALL your water, and taking all your vitamins especially calcium which helps with weight loss.

Liana
  • Quote: Oh -- and the other thing to remember: The crabbier/more emotional you feel, that means there's more estrogen floating around that has been released from your fat, which is a sign it's WORKING... If you remember that, you'll "embrace" the crabbiness
    Well, than I must be dropping about 20 lbs this week! At least that is what my husband and son would say . . . I have been a real bear this week. ugh
  • Quote: I had a question forgot to ask at my appointment today. I've been using spinach to make my salads as I like that better. I'm not counting that as part of my veggies. Is that ok to do?
    Spinach is on the "Select Veggies" list, so definitely count it as part of your 4 cups of veggies! I have 2 cups of spring mix (or spinach) as a salad for lunch and then 2 cups of cauliflower at dinner... that makes it pretty easy to get my 4 cups in every day.

I have also blended 2 cups (1/2 cup actual) frozen spinach into my protein shake, and you can't even taste the spinach! That's an even easier way to get 2 cups of veggies in.
  • Quote: ...I gave in and had a venison pepperette. I felt so guilty the next day ....
    If it makes you feel any better, a venison pepperette is the leanest pepperette and it IS protein. There are way worse things you could have gone for in this chocolate-fest filled weekend. Guilt is a wasted emotion. You learned. Move on. What do they say "The past is history. The future is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present". Do right today. Who could ask more from you?
  • Quote: Well, than I must be dropping about 20 lbs this week! At least that is what my husband and son would say . . . I have been a real bear this week. ugh
    What does a bear do? Gives BEAR HUGS. Let your hubby and son know that this diet may give you a wicked case of PMS. It doesn't help their pain at all, but at least they'll understand if you start to cry, or yell because someone left the toilet paper roll empty.... Give 'em fair warning and a headstart to run... all will be well

The ideal protein daily videos actually say you can substitute raw spinach for lettuce-some posters say the spinach has more carbs so its not a good idea
    others if its not on the sheet they aren't going to do it-no matter what

This is from comments on the ideal protein video on Handling social events. there was a recipe for a smoothie with spinach also shown on a video:
    J Peacock- is official from ideal protein

Bette Dixon Says:

Smoothie sounds very good. However, Comment #98 asked if raw spinach count towards the 4 cups a day. The response was, if raw it is unlimited like lettuce. With that being said, does the raw spinach in the smoothie then Not count towards your veggies?

Jae Peacock Says:

It is matter of choice. If it is raw like in the smoothie you can count it or not. Likewise if you use it as a lettuce. If you cook it, it is automatically a veggie. This is where you have some discretion as a dieter. It is nice to count spinach as a veggie for those who have a hard time eating all of their veggies because it is light, yet full of nutrients. On the flip-side it can be filling for those who find plain lettuce isn't enough. In both cases, your responsibility as a dieter is to monitor your results, the scale will tell you if your choice is working for you or not.

• Quote: What does a bear do? Gives BEAR HUGS. Let your hubby and son know that this diet may give you a wicked case of PMS. It doesn't help their pain at all, but at least they'll understand if you start to cry, or yell because someone left the toilet paper roll empty.... Give 'em fair warning and a headstart to run... all will be well
    LOL, you are cracking me up today. I'm glad to see you are back . . .wish it were under "maintenance" circumstances, but I will take you any way I can get you.

We are preparing for an out of town guest at the end of this week, so there have been many housekeeping "events" and those have been a challenge, both for the do-ers and for the delegater!

Anyway, welcome back.
  • Quote: Thank you! I do appreciate the feed back. It's my first (and only!) cheat so that's why it had such an impact on me. Hopefully my coach is just as understanding
    I wouldn't call this a cheat, Melly. That is guilt-filled language and that is not good for your outlook or morale, jmo. You did the best you could in a bad situation. Like IP43 said, you certainly did not make the worst choice that you could have, right? Right. And you have gained wisdom from this situation. Next time you are heading to your inlaws', you will be prepared and packing veggies, I am sure! Don't be so hard on yourself as to call it a cheat.
  • Quote: LOL, you are cracking me up today. I'm glad to see you are back . . .wish it were under "maintenance" circumstances, but I will take you any way I can get you. ...

Well me too on both accounts -- enjoying being back but also wish it was under maintenance. LOL. Thanks for the welcome back. I have 'infinite wisdom" to share -- if only I'd listen to myself more often! At least this time around I know the "key to success". If I were Oprah, I could write a book and become rich. For those just tuning in, here it is.... the "secret" is... (drumroll please)... (says in a hushed whisper so only those listening can hear)... "Follow the program."
  • Quote: Well me too on both accounts -- enjoying being back but also wish it was under maintenance. LOL. Thanks for the welcome back. I have 'infinite wisdom" to share -- if only I'd listen to myself more often! At least this time around I know the "key to success". If I were Oprah, I could write a book and become rich. For those just tuning in, here it is.... the "secret" is... (drumroll please)... (says in a hushed whisper so only those listening can hear)... "Follow the program."