Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Noodles, I made a vow to myself that I would only indulge for joy. Right now on Phase 1, that leaves my restricted for joyful indulgence. If I allow myself to use food as a panacea for school stress, I will find myself right back where I started in Oct.

To be honest, it is a hard choice to stay OP. I drink a lot of herbal tea and water! I also check to see if it is a craving. If I am really hungry, I would be willing to eat a bowl of lettuce. That never happens I try to remember that if I add food to my school stress- I will have two problems. Good luck
Old 04-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks slipfree. I've told myself that many, many times. This was my first actual "slip" and it scared me! I am going to three separate houses for Easter tomorrow so I just spent 30 minutes prepping salads and veggies bags so that I can stay 100% OP. I'm nervous that I did some major damage for the weeks weigh in, but since it was strictly protein I'm hoping it's not horrible. Yay for 36 school days left!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:53 AM   #48  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I can't believe people are done teaching in MAY for the summer. Do you go back the beginning of August? I go till the last Friday in June. Sniff....

It is so lovely having a long weekend. I've had a brutal cold so was home sick Thursday, and have Good Friday and Easter Monday off.... I feel like a lady o' leisure! The eggs are now ready to be delivered tomorrow a.m. and our "treasure hunt" is set around the house. The Easter Bunny and I bid you all good night.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:00 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I can't believe people are done teaching in MAY for the summer. Do you go back the beginning of August? I go till the last Friday in June. Sniff....

It is so lovely having a long weekend. I've had a brutal cold so was home sick Thursday, and have Good Friday and Easter Monday off.... I feel like a lady o' leisure! The eggs are now ready to be delivered tomorrow a.m. and our "treasure hunt" is set around the house. The Easter Bunny and I bid you all good night.
Ip43
My first day was Aug 5
And in St Louis it feels like summer by the end of May (thru until end of Sept usually). The pools are open and warm enough for swimming by then.
I'm originally from Michigan & it's not usually that warm there for several more weeks. MI has a law that school can't start until after US Labor Day (first Monday in Sept),

We had Fri off - they called it Spring recess (we don't get religious holidays) and we work Monday.

Wishing you quick recovery from your cold

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-20-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I find that I get about 1 1/4 c of shredded zucchini from a med. size (7"-8" long) squash. I buy the smaller ones because they are not as watery as the big ones. So if you used 3 you probably have close to 4 c. of raw.
Thanks! Your info was helpful to me! I think my muffins came out OK, but I didn't like the flavor of the packets I used (pineapple banana). I will try it with different flavors next time.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Thanks! Your info was helpful to me! I think my muffins came out OK, but I didn't like the flavor of the packets I used (pineapple banana). I will try it with different flavors next time.
I've found the drink mixes don't work for my muffins as well as the oatmeal or pudding mixes. I used to like blueberry before they discontinued the blueberry pudding. Now, wildberry yogurt, banana or lemon. Potato for savory rolls. Unfortunately for me the oatmeal & vanilla pudding mixes contain either gluten or soy. I restrict those.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've found the drink mixes don't work for my muffins as well as the oatmeal or pudding mixes. I used to like blueberry before they discontinued the blueberry pudding. Now, wildberry yogurt, banana or lemon. Potato for savory rolls. Unfortunately for me the oatmeal & vanilla pudding mixes contain either gluten or soy. I restrict those.
I think I only have chocolate and vanilla pudding right now, but I bet those would be good. I want to try a "savory" version next... I think I would really like that with the zucchini. I bet the broc/cheese soup or chicken soup would be tasty. I haven't bought any potato puree, yet. I'll have to order that next time.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:41 AM   #53  

I just did a quick search for an alternative version of the IP potato puree. I didn't find anything. Do any of you know of an alternative product? Thanks!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
I just did a quick search for an alternative version of the IP potato puree. I didn't find anything. Do any of you know of an alternative product? Thanks!
No one has found one yet, unfortunately!! I still buy those and a couple other favorite items from my IP clinic even though I went to alt products months ago.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #55  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Happy Easter, Happy Passover Week, Happy Sunday everyone!

The potato puree has proven versatile as a muffin mix, like Lisa said, and I like it as a 'tortilla' or wrap for fajitas. Has anyone tried making a potato soup out of it? With maybe some fresh herbs and perhaps some chunks of cooked cauliflower to 'mimic' chunks of potatoes? I have not tried this yet, but just wondering if it is any good as a soup.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #56  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Happy Easter, Happy Passover Week, Happy Sunday everyone!

The potato puree has proven versatile as a muffin mix, like Lisa said, and I like it as a 'tortilla' or wrap for fajitas. Has anyone tried making a potato soup out of it? With maybe some fresh herbs and perhaps some chunks of cooked cauliflower to 'mimic' chunks of potatoes? I have not tried this yet, but just wondering if it is any good as a soup.
I used it to make a potato soup but what I actually did was combine the chicken noodle and the potato packets and split it in to two servings when I was sick one day.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #57  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
We had Fri off - they called it Spring recess (we don't get religious holidays) and we work Monday.
Well Lisa, they can call it whatever they like, or say "Seasons Greetings" in the winter but if you're not working on Good Friday or December 25th then you get religious holidays.

Thanks for the well wishes -- cold getting better but still pretty brutal.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Up a pound this morning. I seem to have a small gain about every five days, for no discernable reason, and this morning fit the pattern. Ah, well. It'll be gone in a day or two.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

Hope everyone is having a great Easter. I'm a teacher so we got the four day weekend and it couldn't have come at a better time. I needed the break.

I had a couple NSVs this weekend that I am pretty pleased about. First, we had friends over for Easter dinner yesterday (I know, early, but DH worked today) and I stayed 100% completely on plan. We decided as a group to do steaks, so I added cucumber salad, fried mushrooms and onions, and roasted peppers as our sides. I made an apple pie with vanilla ice cream for them for dessert and I saved my restricted for when they were eating dessert so I could 'join' them. Not a morsel of chocolate has passed through these lips today when normally, I have eaten a ton of it and be excited for tomorrow's 50% off chocolate.

I also painted my toenails last night! That is a HUGE NSV for me. It's been over three years since I've been able to do that for myself. I always have to get a pedicure because my stomach gets in the way of me bending to reach my toes. I did it last night without any issues!! YAHOO!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #60  
Diane on track July 2014

We "toe"st your victory Mulse! It's those types of things that make you appreciate the changes in your body. I know Lisa posted her "seatbelt" pic of there being extra strap left on the airplane seatbelt.

Now just to keep strong and stay away from the chocolate sales! We can do it!

Last edited by IP43; 04-20-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Closed Thread