Old 04-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #31  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Exercise is overrated for weight loss

That being said, it is extremely helpful for toning and for healthy lifestyle and maintenance.

When I started IP, I was such a mess physically I couldn't work out. As I stated feeling better, I added physical therapy (for extreme back pain). I did PT exercise exclusively for many months and then added about 20 minutes of gentle yoga. While on my plateau, I've added weight traing at a local gym and I've igradually ncreased myoga sessions to 45 minutes.

I'm certainly stronger and healthier than a year ago. My 2 year IP anniversary will be late summer.

Thank you Lisa
Hope you have a great easter weekend.
sweetenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #32  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

I have a very active job, on my feet running around for nearly 12 hours a day 3 days a week. I walk about a mile every day that I have off. Other than that, no formal exercise! (at this time!)
brelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

I think I do... I'm sure I do, but I've never been "thin" since I was a child. My highest weight was 255. I have NO idea what a healthy weight should be for me. Using online calculators, I get ranges anywhere from 130-160. (I'm almost 52.)

Speaking of online calculators... I did that "true weight" quiz on the dukan diet website and did NOT like the result. I can't remember their words exactly, but the message said I shouldn't try to lose to less than 160 (my "true" weight) because my weight loss history and family history meant I wouldn't be successful. Kind of a bummer.

So, I guess I'll be finding out as I get closer to 160... if that's a healthy weight for me or if I can keep losing past that.

I did hit the -40 mark today and that was a big deal for me. When I've dieted in the past, I never made it past 40 pounds. I would usually "fall off the wagon" when I had lost somewhere in the 30's.

I don't feel anything like giving up this time. I think it's because the weight loss is faster and therefore more exciting.... that keeps up the motivation. Plus, I think I'm more successful with "abstinence" of the sugar, sweets, and other no-no's. When doing Weight Watchers, I didn't always use my points in the wisest ways...
Yayalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #34  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Yayalaine: Don't be afraid to adjust your goals as you go along. I picked 150 as a goal weight just because I couldn't imagine weighing that little. I just started P3, but my scale today (which is always a couple of pounds higher than my coach's) showed 138. I really think you'll know as you get closer to your goal weight whether you should go up or down a little.

One on-line calculator told me I should be between 97 and 107. Really? Not going to happen. So I pretty much ignore the on-line calculators and go by how I feel (although I did celebrate when I went from "obese" to "overweight" on the standard BMI charts).

And congrats on the -40! You're doing great!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #35  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I liked IP because it was successful. I felt better with no sugar and low carb. It took me a year to lose 100 pounds.

Like Ruth Ann..I lowered my goal weight.

Ideal Protein is great and it works.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
In short, do not let yourself be guided by exterior forces that do not know you, your health, your family medical history, whatever. The goal is not a magic number. It can be adjusted up and adjusted down. As one loses, reflect on what feels right and armed with a little knowledge of weights and heights, make up your own mind.
So true! It will be an exciting journey to find where that destination is for me.
Yayalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #37  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

I did. It only took me 9 months to lose 110 pounds. I got cocky trying to find out what would work and what wouldn't while I was in maintenance. I am rebooting now. It's taken me since December to get the weight loss started again, but now I am losing the weight I put back on. IP works, I'm 60 years old and never felt better. Hang in there this is a great protocol.

Last edited by shathom; 04-20-2014 at 05:36 PM.
shathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Wow, shathom, you look GREAT!
Fearciuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I did, lost 142lbs in 10 months and been maintaining for almost 2 years now. Trying to lose another 10lbs but doing it with a mix of P1-P3 as i'm in no rush.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Amazing...all of you and inspirational.

Esp the KEEPING it off!!!!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 AM   #41  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Wow, shathom, you look GREAT!
Thank you very much.
shathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 250/215/155

Height: 5'8"

Once upon a time, I had 120 to loose. I lost some with qysmia, but my doctor felt IP would be a better alternative. I now have 57 to go. I had lost hope until IP and never thought I would be able to lose ever. I started the day after Thanksgiving and started IP during the Christmas holidays. I made a lovely IP friendly prime rib with mashed cauliflower and a salad with homemade dressing for Easter. My mom wants my recipes now and my Dad has been inspired to try again. Used my packets to make a mug cake for my birthday. Don't want to mess this up as it is a gift to myself. If you follow it you'll be surprised how fast the weight comes off. This board and the recipes people shared helped me create a very doable plan!

Last edited by CrimsonKitten; 04-22-2014 at 07:42 AM.
CrimsonKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #43  
Started IP April 2014

please keep posting - this is great.

I too have a LOT (150lbs) of weight to lose and it helps to know that others are in the same situation even tho I don't post much.

My coach used to weigh over 300 and she looks great but since I think she prefers my daughter over me I don't feel comfortable talking to her. And I have all these questions to ask that can't be asked of her.

My daughter is doing great and you can tell she has lost weight. I am wondering if it is because I have more to lose? But since I don't lose as fast as my daughter does and I don't lose the inches either - I tend to get discouraged and reading your posts keeps me sane. ♥

anyone else notice that they are more emotional on IP? or is that just me? Worse than being on the depo shot.
WABelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #44  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABelle View Post
please keep posting - this is great.

I too have a LOT (150lbs) of weight to lose and it helps to know that others are in the same situation even tho I don't post much.

My coach used to weigh over 300 and she looks great but since I think she prefers my daughter over me I don't feel comfortable talking to her. And I have all these questions to ask that can't be asked of her.

My daughter is doing great and you can tell she has lost weight. I am wondering if it is because I have more to lose? But since I don't lose as fast as my daughter does and I don't lose the inches either - I tend to get discouraged and reading your posts keeps me sane. ♥

anyone else notice that they are more emotional on IP? or is that just me? Worse than being on the depo shot.
I'm sorry you aren't comfortable with your coach but ask your questions here! There are so many people here who are so supportive, someone should be able to come up with an answer for you. And we're always up for giving encouragement!

I don't know how old you are, but it is harder to lose the older we get. I don't know the technical explanation for it, but it just seems to be the way it is.

I have been way more emotional on IP. Women store hormones in their fat so as we lose we get flooded with hormones. Aren't we lucky? I actually had to go back on hormone replacement therapy which I'm hoping I can stop at some point after I'm finished phasing off.

We are all here to help and support each other - I couldn't have done this without all these wonderful people.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #45  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I also have over 100 pounds to lose. My MD recommended that I get 100 off, and then maintain at that weight for at least 6 months. I started IP at 279lb, after losing ONE pound during a month of Weight Watchers. (Why is there no angry carrot smiley?)

I have chosen 170 as my goal, which is a 110lb loss. That would put me at my lowest adult weight. After I have maintained for 6 months, I can see if another lower goal is reasonable.

Congratulations to all of you who have had such great success. It is so encouraging to know that others have been able to climb this mountain!
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote