Old 05-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 278/247/150

Height: 5' 2"

Just wanted to bump this up to see if there are any new people that have lost significant amounts of weight?

This thread is SO moving, inspiring, and motivating for me, also starting out with an insurmountable goal of losing >100lb, not only to make such a goal but meet it! Thank you all that have shared your successes, struggles, and stories here - these are what have gotten me to where I believe I don't have to carry this burden around forever - literally and figuratively.
batgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgirl View Post
Just wanted to bump this up to see if there are any new people that have lost significant amounts of weight?

This thread is SO moving, inspiring, and motivating for me, also starting out with an insurmountable goal of losing >100lb, not only to make such a goal but meet it! Thank you all that have shared your successes, struggles, and stories here - these are what have gotten me to where I believe I don't have to carry this burden around forever - literally and figuratively.
One step at a time & careful advance planning for special occasions.

Be sure to have spare packets everywhere in case you need one (I have them in my work desk, my car, DH's car, my purse, and my lunch bag).

Keep variety in the forefront & learn new ways of cooking veggies. Read the threads linked in the first post of the Daily Chat. LOTS of ideas there. Learn everything you can from those who went before you. That's what I did. And stick 100% OP, no excuses. Allowing little things in here & there is like allowing one ant in your house. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of brothers and sisters that will be joining him!

Also, make sure you have a blood test now. In addition to the CBC, have them do a thyroid panel. IP can be hard on a thyroid and it will be good to have those baseline numbers as you move along in the program, just in case something goes awry.

You'll do GREAT! As many of us with significant losses can attest: If I can do it, ANYONE can!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I have 126 lbs to lose. Your stories are so encouraging!! I browsed through the pic thread earlier and was amazed at the transformations. I'm committed to being 100% ip. For me it starts in the mind, once I make my mind up there is no stopping me. It's just hard getting to that point. I lost 120 lbs 14 years ago through diet and exercise and slowly gained all of it back plus some. I had promised myself that I would never get over 200lbs again, yet here I am and then some!!

I was looking into lap band surgery but my insurance doesn't cover it, then I stumbled upon ip and knew that it was for me. I KNOW I can and WILL do this!! As I am typing my coworkers are talking about me and saying how "stupid" I am for spending all of this money and how I will be off of it in a few weeks. That just fuels me to stick to it 1000% and show them! :-) (I haven't figured out how to do smileys yet).
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
One step at a time & careful advance planning for special occasions.

Be sure to have spare packets everywhere in case you need one (I have them in my work desk, my car, DH's car, my purse, and my lunch bag).

Keep variety in the forefront & learn new ways of cooking veggies. Read the threads linked in the first post of the Daily Chat. LOTS of ideas there. Learn everything you can from those who went before you. That's what I did. And stick 100% OP, no excuses. Allowing little things in here & there is like allowing one ant in your house. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of brothers and sisters that will be joining him!

Also, make sure you have a blood test now. In addition to the CBC, have them do a thyroid panel. IP can be hard on a thyroid and it will be good to have those baseline numbers as you move along in the program, just in case something goes awry.

You'll do GREAT! As many of us with significant losses can attest: If I can do it, ANYONE can!
Thank you for the advice and kind words! I'm using all alternatives and so had ordered some food - so far nothing tastes terrible! Need to bring some things in just to stock in my office besides protein shakes. Also finding I need to get an insulated lunch bag so I can have my food accessible...

I also agree with sticking 100% OP - I have read most of those threads (both the stickies and most of the linked threads IN the stickies!) and knowing that food is a fuel and not designed well as a coping mechanism, better to treat it that way (what do I need vs. what do I want)! Are there any resources I need to be successful besides the sheets that detail the phases? (I printed phase 1 to carry with me for reference in the grocery store, etc.)
Old 05-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Batgirl - it is NOT insurmountable by any stretch of the imagination. There are many who are current active posters who have done it by IP.

Set your mind to KNOW that you can and WILL do it. But I find it helpful not to look at the total amount you need/want to lose because that makes day to day IP difficult.

Look at one day, maybe one week at a time. The weight will fall off and it might help to make mini goals, just ignoring the big goal.

I set mine something like 10% off, 20% off, 50 pounds, half off, Onederland (passing from 200 to the magic 199), 75 pounds on so on. You and I started at about the same weight, so know that it is very doable.

My suggestion is to keep up with this site for support through both the good times and the tough times - it is an invaluable place to turn.
Thank you for the encouragement! I will definitely break the journey down into smaller goals as you suggested. And yes - I'm quickly finding there is a lot of support here - thank you so much!
Old 05-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #51  

Height: 5'7

I love this thread! Thanks for the encouragement! I am down 30 lbs... which is great, but have been hit or miss on IP for awhile. I did great at first, went to Mexico for a week and struggled getting back on point. Two weeks ago I started following super strict and I've lost my most recent 10 lbs within those two weeks... I'm hoping to continue on this strong! My 1st goal is 120 lbs, so 90 more lbs from where I'm at. But really I'd love to lose 145 total, if not more. As others have said...it's a one day at a time and making choices to keep going. I've recently decided I'm going to stop going to the clinic and start doing alternative. It's just so expensive.

Thanks again for all of the encouragement posted! I love reading others success stories and hope to be one myself!
SarahEileen is offline   Reply With Quote