Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #61  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Went for my annual physical today. Told my doc about Ideal Protein. She was not as supportive as I would have hoped. She was glad I was loosing weight, but her main comment was "I don't see how eating protein packets is sustainable in the long run". I tried to explain about the protocol but I could tell she had lost interest. Oh well. When I go back next year at my new incredible maintained weight, maybe then she will pay attention.

On another note, NSV in my closet this morning. Two pairs of dress pants are too big! My work wardrobe is shrinking...just like me!
I sympathize catlady1981 ...After I had lost my first 60# I went to the Dr for a check up and he just gave a off handed complement of oh u have lost a few #'s... then went on with checking me over Blah I felt very non supported... but have NOT been back loosing weight and eating better food has kept me healthy so I have not needed the Dr yea ME... Great job on the clothes being to big
Old 04-15-2014, 09:44 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I know it has to be TOM or something but I am having these near slip moments today, honestly I haven't really had any problems, I didn't have to clean my house of all the food I just don't eat it, but twice now today I contemplated that one fruit snack (not the bag just one out of my kids) and one cheeto won't hurt what's one going to do... now this is what I literally just thought in my head as I picked up the bags off the counter to put them away while making my lemon water. I DIDN'T do it which I know is the important part but for me I want to know why the sudden complacency in my head... for 8 weeks I've told myself, one is one too many, one leads to more and maybe it takes just one carb or one gram of real sugar and junk to kick me out of ketosis and I don't want to lose 4 days to get back into the system.. one cheat in my head equates 4 lost days, one day of cheats makes a week of make up! It was a strange thought, I put everything down and left the kitchen, came immediately to my computer for a moment of regroup. It was like there was an alternate me in my head, the little devil on my shoulder, where the he$% did she come from? LOL
That feeling must be going around... I am craving pizza and beer like crazy - 1st time since I started this diet... Won't give in but my goodness! I really want to!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 195/169/160

Height: 5'9"

Two months, 23.1 inches, almost 19 pounds. Considering my goal is 35 pounds and I have had a Vegas 40th Birthday vacation in there, I'm feeling awesome There have been a few cheats, I won't vouch for 100 percent, but I can't believe the amount of jeans I have gained in my closet since I started the gaining 3 years ago. Thank goodness I didn't throw them out! I can justify the cost of the program with the amount of clothes I can now wear again. I'm happy, getting healthy, and can't wait to start running and working out hard to keep this body! Congrats to all of the hard work and persistence that I've read. And Thank you to everyone who shares their story. It is help to all of us who had nearly given up….
Old 04-16-2014, 06:10 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
That feeling must be going around... I am craving pizza and beer like crazy - 1st time since I started this diet... Won't give in but my goodness! I really want to!
What do you want more?
THAT is the positive self-talk to use. For example: yes, xyz sound good and it feels like I really want it but I started this diet because ___ and my goal is ____. Eating xyz or drinking abc, won't help me get to my goal. Instead, I can plan ahead and make ____ for dinner which has a similar flavor and keeps me on track.

This is an approach the Beck Diet Solution teaches. I highly recommend the book or audio version

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-16-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

lisa - I have read Beck and he is very helpful but I think your suggestion of the book on audio is a great idea. I think that hearing the material may be a stronger reinforcement. I am going to check about getting that and listening while on the road between old house, interim house, building house which occupies a lot of time and energy these days.

Thank you, as always, for your great and supportive ideas.

(Added note - just ordered Audio CD from Amazon!)

Last edited by schenectady; 04-16-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 186/165/145

Height: 5'9

Good Morning IP peeps- I must say the Beck diet talk is really helpful because it's all a head game and to do this long term I need to continullay find new ways to talk to myself. For example I have been jogging for the last 20 years I took it up in my late 20's but I've always been a "HEAVY RUNNER " above 160. Now my new goal is I am not going to be a filly. Which means I am going to do a road race and be under 150 Lbs. so my speed will change when my thighs and rear end are not slowing me up! My NSV is today I got on the scale and I am out of the 170's ! Thanks for everyone sharing . I read you all everyday and it is so inspiring and helpful. Love IP !!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
First, congratulations!!!

When I am in those situations and I have politely declined the item(s) that are not OP, I truly feel that I am in control of the situation. I am making these positive decisions for my future self and all of my future experiences that I am working so hard to make my reality!
I have to say that I admire all of you who think this way... I still (after two months on this diet) feel deprived. I don't feel like superwoman, but rather like a child who didn't get what she wanted.... lol
Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
What do you want more?
THAT is the positive self-talk to use. For example: yes, xyz sound good and it feels like I really want it but I started this diet because ___ and my goal is ____. Eating xyz or drinking abc, won't help me get to my goal. Instead, I can plan ahead and make ____ for dinner which has a similar flavor and keeps me on track.

This is an approach the Beck Diet Solution teaches. I highly recommend the book or audio version
I will pick it up.... Thanks for the tip!! I won't give in to cravings because in the past, when I have, it's been the end of my diet. I really, really want this!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
lisa - I have read Beck and he is very helpful but I think your suggestion of the book on audio is a great idea. I think that hearing the material may be a stronger reinforcement. I am going to check about getting that and listening while on the road between old house, interim house, building house which occupies a lot of time and energy these days.

Thank you, as always, for your great and supportive ideas.

(Added note - just ordered Audio CD from Amazon!)
I downloaded the audio version to my phone and listen to a chapter per day every morning in the car on the way to work. When I get to the end, I just start over. Today I listened to Day 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicnana View Post
I have to say that I admire all of you who think this way... I still (after two months on this diet) feel deprived. I don't feel like superwoman, but rather like a child who didn't get what she wanted.... lol
The Beck Diet Solution is great at helping change mindset. The feeling of deprivation is what we create in our own minds.

I have said frequently that allowing the inner child to be in control of the food plan is what got me fat. The adult must be in charge. Children don't make good decisions!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #70  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicnana View Post
You have to think about it different or you'll always feel that way. One of these lovely people on here told me to remind myself that "all that stuff will still be there when you are not dieting" Holidays will happen again, for me gummy bears will always exist and hopefully I won't even like them when I'm done. Pizza will be there, it will all be there! Another great thing I heard on this site is : It's hard being overweight, it's hard dieting, it's hard maintaining, so pick your hard!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #71  

Height: 5'-8"

ChipnDip: Your question yesterday was do do with kidney stones: Do you know what type of Kidney stones you are prone to (calcium or Uric acid)? Remember that article was for high protein diets, we are on a moderate. I personally am prone to Calcium stones , therefore over the years have known to watch my intake and drink a lot of water. I also am unwilling to take anything for constipation (Eg the smooth moves tea, or any laxative) as misuse and dependency on them may help form kidney stones (and I already know I am prone to them). Instead I make sure I have lots of natural fiber in my diet, and suffer along on days that it doesn’t work as well. Everyone is different; a lot of it listening to and understanding your own body.
I will tell you that I started IP a year ago, reached my goal, went on maintaince and now am back on IP to lose a little bit more, just because. The entire time I have had embedded stones, have had MRI’s and have not had more form, I am simply being monitored. So for me IP has not change/effected my stone formation.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The Beck Diet Solution is great at helping change mindset. The feeling of deprivation is what we create in our own minds.

I have said frequently that allowing the inner child to be in control of the food plan is what got me fat. The adult must be in charge. Children don't make good decisions!
Yeah... I wanted to look into that book. I'll check it out!

And true that it is my inner-child crying-out (there are times when there is a whole conversation in my head, and then I pout and get angry at myself if I don't get what I want... but feel guilty when I give-in...lol) I definitely need to change that, because this is hard!! lol
Old 04-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
You have to think about it different or you'll always feel that way. One of these lovely people on here told me to remind myself that "all that stuff will still be there when you are not dieting" Holidays will happen again, for me gummy bears will always exist and hopefully I won't even like them when I'm done. Pizza will be there, it will all be there! Another great thing I heard on this site is : It's hard being overweight, it's hard dieting, it's hard maintaining, so pick your hard!
Yup! That is true!
It's all work in process for me... Thank you ladies!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default I Found It

I have been looking all over tarnation and back for the elusive Café Caramel EAS shake and I FOUND it today!! They had them on sale for $4.99 per 4 pk at Cub foods!!! I bought 4 packs. I opened one up when I got and it is so freaking goood!!!!! this is a victory for me today!:car rot:
Old 04-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #75  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

That's great sarahbell
My NSV victory for today is walking by the Easter potluck at work. It smelled delicious but I brought a mint chocolate bar for lunch so I grabbed it from the fridge and b-lined to my desk. Walking by everyone was just awkward. But Yay for not cheating I don't trust anybody else to cook for me right now so I didn't even check to see if anything was OP
Closed Thread