S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

2 year 7 months. 3 years here I come.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #62  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Hi Maile!

Congratulations to you! I am doing my own countdown. I am on maintenance 8 months as of April 30th and when I get to a year I want to be a part of the National Weight Control Registry. I think you are a part of that correct?
I do believe I have this but when that scale goes up I start to panic sometimes. I also see some of my old behaviors creeping back sometimes but the difference this time is that I nip it in the bud right away. Thanks IP!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
Hi Maile!

Congratulations to you! I am doing my own countdown. I am on maintenance 8 months as of April 30th and when I get to a year I want to be a part of the National Weight Control Registry. I think you are a part of that correct?
I do believe I have this but when that scale goes up I start to panic sometimes. I also see some of my old behaviors creeping back sometimes but the difference this time is that I nip it in the bud right away. Thanks IP!!!!!!
The scale wobble is really hard. Still dealing with that.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #64  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Wow, way to go, Maile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
Hi Maile!

I started maintenance almost the same day as you jelliehel, 9/1. And same here re old behaviors creeping back sometimes. I too find getting on track promptly to be the most effective. I'm thinking of calling the next year Phase 5. Hopefully by then I'll have learned all the pitfalls

Last edited by mars735; 05-02-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
The scale wobble is really hard. Still dealing with that.
Yes, this is freaking me out too. The scale has creeped up 2.8 lbs from my comfortable weight and I can't help but think I need to get back on a diet! Don't know if I'm pmsing like crazy or what but I've felt crampy and bloated all week. Planning on doing a very low carb week starting tomorrow. I guess this is all part of the maintenance process! Keeping things in check, watching the scale, and most importantly focusing on how the body feels. Right now this body feels blech!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #66  
Maile

Yes, the scale can be frustrating and scary. I am calmer now than I was in my first year. I give myself the 3 percent range that the National Registry suggests..so that amounts to a 4 pound up or down range. I also like the weight grapher and look at my trending weight average.
One of the comments I liked was: The scale simply tells you what you need to do. That takes the emotion out of it.

Drd1961and Jelliehel, I went through major panic reactions initially. I remember telling myself that going up 3 pounds did not mean that I was gaining all 100 pounds of my weight back..but it felt like it.

Jellie: That is great about 8 months! I did join the registry and like doing the surveys. Plus I like identifying myself as a maintainer. I used the IP data as proof that I kept the weight off for a year. Those old behaviors can creep back..especially when I am tired or stressed. You are right about nipping them in the bud and acting.

Mars735: I like the Phase 5 idea. You are also doing well to maintain for 8 months! In Refuse to Regain, the author says the most successful maintainers are the ones who quickly get back on track when they deviate. I am glad this is working for you.

Stephascope: I hope you feel better. Working off up pounds and eating low carb to get them down is part of my process. It is important how your body feels.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #67  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Been reading through all the old maintainers threads - you guys are so inspiring! Started maintenance today and am super nervous about getting it right. I figure I'll be doing some fiddling to see what works for me. P1 & P2 were super simple, P3 my coach added things back in slowly but now I feel kind of rudderless. I'll figure it out, I'm sure!
Old 05-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Thanks all you maintainers!! I'm going to be hitting 2 months soon and that scale wobble is definately scary but then I make sure I get back on track and am back to my happy weight. It'll be an interesting year ahead of me but I'm determined and I appreciate all your real and positive comments!!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #69  
Maile

Congrats on 2 months! Jumping back on track and getting to your happy weight is so helpful.

Ruthann: It is scary at first..Just take it slow. I ate p3 and slowly added foods. I think you will come to enjoy it!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:10 AM   #70  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks Maile!

How many on maintenance continue to track their food intake? I am right now because I want to continue to get an idea of the values of foods and be able to spot any problem areas in my diet. At some point does it make sense to quit tracking just because you pretty much have a good idea of what works and doesn't work? I don't mind the tracking - keeps me very aware of what I'm eating, but I can see where it would become tedious after awhile.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #71  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Maile,
That's just awesome!!
Three more weeks till my 1year maintenance anniversary!

I still use my fitness pal everyday! Keeps me accountable.
Just linked my fitbit to it, it's great!

Happy May everyone!!

D
Old 05-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thanks Maile!

How many on maintenance continue to track their food intake? I am right now because I want to continue to get an idea of the values of foods and be able to spot any problem areas in my diet. At some point does it make sense to quit tracking just because you pretty much have a good idea of what works and doesn't work? I don't mind the tracking - keeps me very aware of what I'm eating, but I can see where it would become tedious after awhile.
intermittently do a check...but witheing GF.....and I don't use the substitutes, eating is something that has turned into a boiler plate for me. 3 breakfasts that I rotate..lunch is salad and protein and dinner is like P1 except I use any and all select and occasional vegetables with out thinking about it. Snack is also boiler plate and we don't buy any prossesed foods or any thing with sugar. This would not work for a lot of families, but since WE HAVE NO KIDS AT HOME!! DH ..IS OK WITH THIS TOO.. He can get pizza /sandwiches at work when he eats out if he wants it but LOL..he usually gets a salad with chicken these day.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #73  

Hi Ruth Ann,

I am still tracking with MFP and it's linked to my Jawbone UP activity tracker. I am still new to maintenance but I will continue to track what I eat to keep myself accountable.

I am on day #2 of no carbs and I'm missing my morning toast! Oh well, I can have toast later when I feel less fluffy.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #74  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thanks Maile!

Hi Ruth Ann!

I continue to track also. On my fun day I am a little more relaxed with it but I go right back the next day. So funny because when I did WW tracking points started to get to me but so far MFP hasn't. I don't mind tracking at all. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #75  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks guys! I will continue to track for now since I have never really looked at the nutritional value of a lot of foods before so it's really good information. Who knew a small apple had so many carbs?

Congrat DRegan on almost 1 year! That is exciting!
Closed Thread