Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Random thoughts I've been having...

Its weird when you stop losing weight (at least for me) that you start feeling like you're GAINING, even when you're not. It's been like my body was so used to dropping weight, it became the norm and it feels weird to not be losing.

I keep telling myself I've gained all this weight w/o scale knowledge. This whole tyroid thing has made me scale phobic again b/c my weight can really jump around and I don't take it well.

But you know what? My smallest clothes fit.
Things I bought for the summer fit.
I'm not buying new, bigger sizes.

Someday my head will catch up. In the meantime, I think I'll read some of the books Malle has suggested. I've kept a list. And work on accepting the huge scale fluctuations. It's just gonna be part of it for me for a while. I need to get used to it.
Yes, this!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #212  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

DRD1961, Hawaii69 and Lisa32989: Although I am pretty happy most of the time, I still have days when I feel fat! I use my clothes as a reminder and tell myself..this is ridiculous. You are not fat if you are fitting size 6. Fortunately those days are decreasing.but definitely are emotion scars from being overweight for years.
I think using clothes as a measure is a good idea!

Hawaii69: Thanks for your support. I also think exercise is therapy for me. It does make you feel better when you eat better. Herbal tea is a main part of my life as well.

Lisa32989: That scale fluctuation with your thyroid issue can be hard. Hopefully you will see a pattern and get more used to it.

LizRR: It was lovely to see your post! You must be enjoying that 8 month old baby. Are you still running?

Joysh: Congrats on that 10 pound loss. You are on your way.

Ruthann: That was amusing about the ounces. I used to wear my absolute lightest clothes for weigh ins. I know you will figure this maintenance out!

Patns: Victoria is one of my favorite cities. It is charming and has lovely restaurants. Wow you have a long school year until the end of June.

Last edited by Maile; 05-30-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #213  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All..
Although I am not in maintenance, I read this thread every day. I get great advice and motivation from those of you that have been successful at this. I have been OP for six weeks and lost 20 lbs and 19 inches..this to me is unbelievable as I have never been able to say on a plan for this long. I appreciate all of you who post your successes, failures and everything else that you face as you maintain your weight loss. I can see that maintenance is much harder than the actual weigh loss phase. Thank you all and much success as you live your life in your new bodies!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #214  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Mailie, I am still running. Not as much or as far as I'd like, but usually 4 miles 3x/week. I joined myfitnesspal with my coworkers and have been recommitted to losing these last 20lb of baby weight. I am still nursing, but she is also eating 2x/day so I am not as worried about my supply dropping like when she was exclusively on my milk. Its tough to run in the mornings, now I have to wake up that extra hour to pump and prepare bottles before running...usually snooze a little, but that means less mileage.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #215  
Maile

Lizrr: You are amazing that you are getting running in while still nursing. Joining myfitnesspal with your co-workers is a good plan. I really find that using my pedometer has motivated me to get more exercise. I know you will lose those baby pounds in good time!

Naenae: Thanks for the encouragement. Losing 20 pounds is great. IP does work.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good goin' LizRR! I used to run, but now it just hurts... so I don't. I can't imagine breast feeding boobs on a run - just ouch, lol. Even if you are squeezed to death by a good running bra...
Liana
Old 06-03-2014, 01:34 AM   #217  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Lol...yeah, I have to time running just right with breastfeeding boobs! Luckily I have great supportive running bras. My daughter has been eating for about a month now and I am starting to focus more on my diet.

Tonight was Indian - rogan josh (beef instead of lamb) with cauliflower rice. An onion, kale, tomato paste, spices, grass fed stew meat, w/some almond milk. Its really filling, but low calorie and all organic/grass fed. Tomorrow is roasted chicken with rutabaga and celery, I also make stock from the bones/carcass. I told my husband if we are going to spend extra money on pasture raised poultry I am using all of that bird!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:53 AM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Tonight was Indian - rogan josh (beef instead of lamb) with cauliflower rice. An onion, kale, tomato paste, spices, grass fed stew meat, w/some almond milk. Its really filling, but low calorie and all organic/grass fed. Tomorrow is roasted chicken with rutabaga and celery, I also make stock from the bones/carcass. I told my husband if we are going to spend extra money on pasture raised poultry I am using all of that bird!
I hear ya there! After doing some reading on the healing effects of bone broth, I make it frequently! And the best kind is from pastured animals who have not fed on GMO corn.

Your menus and recipes always sound delightful.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #219  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Sounds like everyone is doing well!

I need to get a bit more creative - have tons of recipes and ideas but have been so slammed it's easy to just do the old familiar stuff. Been getting ready to move our office the end of the month along with all the regular work, just haven't had a chance. Dh usually does a bunch of the cooking but he hasn't been up to it lately so..... That's how it goes sometimes.

But maintenance is going well - staying stable and making good choices. Trying to keep upping my exercise, getting there slowly. I've never been an exerciser but I know I need to and am forcing myself into it hoping it becomes a habit!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #220  
Maile

Ruthann: I am glad your maintenance is going well. Good job on upping the exercise and turning it into a habit. Cooking does take time! Hope your move goes well.

Lisa32: It pays to spend the money on organic grass fed beef.

Lizrr: Have you posted that rogan josh recipe somewhere? I find it interesting that you use almond milk instead of coconut milk. I love Indian food and cauliflower rice.

I am cooking Indian lamb popsicles tonight.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I've never tried Rogan Josh with almond milk, might have to do this if I want a lot of rice that night, lol. I really do love a good coconut gravy tho, I usually make this a fat meal with a very creamy 11% Greek yogourt raita and extra veggies - no rice (sometimes shiritaki noodles).

Needing some savoury good Indian food - time for my midmorning snack anyhow. I had tuna with Hot Lime Pickle this morning for breakfast on my gluten free toast.

DH & I watched a sweet little Brewer's Blackbird fledgling on the lawn yesterday. I thought it was a chunk of steel wool on the lawn when I came home, but when I went over to pick it up, it blinked at me! Papa & mama were watching carefully from the fir tree, so I only got within a few feet of it so as not to scare them. I did the "chirk" sound that they make and the baby perked up and "chirk"ed back as did the parents who got all excited. We watched them all hop around on the lawn (from the deck) and the parents gathered food while the baby made incessant demands, the little beggar!

I hope they are all OK today, there are cats around the neighbourhood so I worry a bit, but now we can remove the nest from under our eaves at the back corner of the house.

Hope your day is going on plan, everyone.
Liana
Old 06-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #222  
Maile

I love coconut milk curries. I just made one last night. Yes, it is high fat but worth it. I also like raita.

Are you making your own hot lime pickles? That sounds good with tuna. I have been putting pickled jalapenos in my tuna.

I have never made Rogan Josh and am going to look for a recipe.

That was cute about that baby blackbird chirking back. I am enjoying watching our hummingbirds and finches feed out the window.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

All that food sounds so good! I think that I need to be more creative in the kitchen as well. I'm just past two months of maintenance and am still learning what works, scale moves up and down and feel that I'm getting the hang of it better. My measurements stay similiar so am very happy about that. I keep thinking of all the things that I learned when I was on P1 and the good advice from the videos. And its very helpful to have this forum. I keep reminding myself, 'you can't go back to how you ate before', its a life change. I look forward to my year anniversary of maintenance and to continue on, as many of you have experienced.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello all,

I have been thinking about maintenance since starting this diet but now seriously shifting into that mode. My highest weight was 305, started IP at 282 (did the first 25 the year before). Originally I picked 180 as goal but have moved it to 170. My plan was to move to phase 2 at 170 and see if I could still drop more weight, maybe another 5 or 7. Did you lose on phase 2? I have been exercising throughout so i would mot be adding that on. In the last 4 weeks I have increased exercise as I start to train for a 10km in July.

I will start reading this thread from the beginning and I look forward to participating in this forum. They say being part of a group helps keep the wrought off, I could not agree more.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #225  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies, I always realize how much I miss your advice and sharing when I come back to this forum!

Ishbel - congrats on your new little bundle of love! So happy your system has bounced back and the GD isn't a problem.

Lisa- loved your commentary about feeling like you're gaining if you're not losing. Sometimes I don't believe the scale, I go into my closet and try on my tightest skirt.

RuthAnn - your post about the 6 ounces made me laugh. My 'scream' weight is anything over 137 so I do watch that -I'm finding that I really like the way I look and feel at 133 but it's hard to stay there when I get there.

Canadjineh - I've been struggling for a guideline for max carbs per day so was happy to see your post and will work to stay under 150 gr - assume that's total, including veg carbs w/o subtracting the fiber?

Maile - I use you as my guiding star - you're eating well, tasty food, you've kept the weight-off and you're still so engaged. I calms me to so much, your steady optimistic approach.

Hawii69, I bought a pair of size 4 shorts and can't believe they fit, still getting used to the new me.

This is my journey, I have up days and down, still fighting the extreme sugar cravings (sitting in a meeting, just ate 3, yep, count 'em 3 white chocolate macadamia nut cookies OMG) but not beating myself. I've maintained since 1/18, and I've finally got a closet with all 'skinny' clothes - nothing that is too big. But I still see a chubby belly and fat arms when I look in the mirror, which makes me sad and mad at the same time, lol.
Closed Thread