Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #241  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
CONGRATULATIONS, RUTH ANN!!! That is just awesome! That is a whole 'nuther person!
OMGosh! That is so true. Ruth Ann, you lost a person!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #242  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Today, I am so happy with the weeks I have now managed to be 100% OP because the needle is moving consistently, albeit slowly, down. For me, there is a pretty direct correlation between my being absolute on the program and the consistent weight loss.

Now that my husband has joined me, it is much easier and I chuckle to see him make his Big Mac bowls! He is no and does not intend to be 100% OP but is doing extremely well on his modified version. I am not upset, just happy that he is at least taking the issue seriously.

Yesterday, he hit -20 pounds after three weeks. We celebrated at Applebee's with a completely legal, carefully chosen meal. He found a new pair of jeans waiting for him at home because he loved to show how he could 'drop' his current pair by just shrugging.....
So cool that your husband is doing this with you! I loved your airport story too! And every pound you take off is one pound you never have to see again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
I agree with you. The more I thought about it overnight the more I realized that the machine has no way of knowing what is muscle vs skin, blood, water, etc. Thank you!
As long as you're feeling good and losing - keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Congratulations on such an incredible journey! You are amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
OMGosh! That is so true. Ruth Ann, you lost a person!
Thanks dak! I like to say I've lost my niece - who is now giving me hand me downs, which is pretty cool.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations Ruth Ann and Sweetenuff!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #244  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Congratulations Ruth Ann and Sweetenuff!!!
Thanks deelee!

I am so glad it's Friday - long week and still have tons to do today that I don't feel like doing. I guess the only way to get it done is to start.

Ramped up my PT yesterday - boy can I feel it today! Amazing that I'm finding muscles that I didn't even know I had. The PT guy is working towards a goal of me being able to either join a gym or be able to do all the work at home. Right now though I need adult supervision since I have a tendency to push too hard - if 10 reps is good, 15 is better, right? Apparently not in some cases.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Although it is spring, it does not feel much that way today, so I am dressing spring in a way I never would have if I had not been 100% and knocking myself silly on this program.

White knee length jeans skirt, white knit top, periwinkle blue vest with matching flats (I am a very matchy matchy sort) with a gorgeous silk pink, periwinkle, blue silk scarf.

I never would have worn a white short skirt before...cause big fat ladies like me of old dress in dark colors...right! Makes you look thinner? Yea, right!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #246  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Although it is spring, it does not feel much that way today, so I am dressing spring in a way I never would have if I had not been 100% and knocking myself silly on this program.

White knee length jeans skirt, white knit top, periwinkle blue vest with matching flats (I am a very matchy matchy sort) with a gorgeous silk pink, periwinkle, blue silk scarf.

I never would have worn a white short skirt before...cause big fat ladies like me of old dress in dark colors...right! Makes you look thinner? Yea, right!
Re: the bolded up there - you aren't knocking yourself "silly", you're knocking yourself "healthy"!

And that sounds like a great outfit - I just bought a pencil skirt and was surprised how good it looked. Who would have thought I could wear that? Have to find summer shoes though - none of them fit any more!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #247  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Re: the bolded up there - you aren't knocking yourself "silly", you're knocking yourself "healthy"!

And that sounds like a great outfit - I just bought a pencil skirt and was surprised how good it looked. Who would have thought I could wear that? Have to find summer shoes though - none of them fit any more!
OK - knocking myself silly getting healthy. My son called from Korea today and when I told him, he did the typical son/young adult sort of flip response. I said in the nicest way "Hey, bud, your 'ole Mom is showing up at your wedding at about half her previous weight - I think I deserve some credit here". He backed off and apologized and said "you know how it is mom with guys. It is hard for us to be complimentary to women".

What he means is that he is like his Dad - non confrontational and non verbal. Lucky I love all my guys.

And in regards to shoes, Ruth Ann, my problem is that I never have a hard time finding them - I think they call out to me. Particularly the nice Italian ones with cute heels in great colors...I am running out of room but it is my approved vice.

When we got married, I had 66 pairs (I was single, great job in the public, traveled a lot). My husband cracked up that my periwinkle blue suit not only was accompanied by matching shoes but a matching briefcase!

Not tough when Nordstrom's is around...then came marriage, 6 pregnancies, life challenges and the shoes became sneakers and sandals and whatever fit....

Last edited by schenectady; 04-25-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:14 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning all

well today is the day of our National training and awards dinner - I'm prepared - I'll be out all day - so I've eaten my natural protein for breakfast - my eggs - I've packed a protein chocolate shake blended with 2 cups of baby arugula, some mint & I've been throwing in a dollop of walden farms chocolate peanut spread; I have a salad of lettuce & 2 cups of mushrooms with some walden farms balsamic vinagrette; I have some crepes(alternative product) that I'll eat as a snack during the day. I'll eat the salad at work and drink the shake before the dinner tonight - I have a lot to do today just making sure everyone has what they need etc - I'm the one who coordinates all the travel, hotels etc for this event - so I'll be so happy to be driving home tonight. I'm ready bring it on -
this was my second week of not seeing my coach and I managed to lose a bit less than a pound - but that's okay - I'm going the right way - should be hitting the 30 pound loss soon.
have a good one we deserve it

Last edited by maureen kempster; 04-26-2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #249  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I knew what you meant schenectady - just had to have a little fun with you.

I told a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a couple of years (we talk on the phone and Skype) that I was down 120 lbs and he said "I didn't think you had that much to lose." Kind of sweet, but just shows you how oblivious some guys can be!

I'm with you on the shoes - I like shoes! Getting ready for a major shoe run since all I currently have that fit are boots and sneakers. I haven't worn heels in awhile because of my back so I think I'll start with modest heels and see how I do. Kind of waiting though for the niece to sort out her shoes, she has a lot of shoes and we wear the same size. I did pick up a pair of flip flops though - I buy the everyday flip flops in the boys department (better made and cheaper) but my "dress" flip flops are all worn out so need some of those.

Maureen - sounds like a fun, if exhausting, day. Sounds like you are well-prepared though - yeah you! Hope you have a great time.

Still plugging away on P3. Haven't branched out much - I like easy in the morning. Going to have an apple with breakfast today and strawberries tomorrow. The added grains made me a little gassy the first few days (you needed to know that!) but that seems to have settled down. I haven't gained any, in fact lost 2 lbs last week. Nervous about maintenance but coach and I are having a long appointment next week to map out my plan. I'm sure it will be some trial and error.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 04-26-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:12 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:

Have to find summer shoes though - none of them fit any more!
Ruth Ann-my shoe size changed 1-1/2 sizes! I just bagged up the rest of them (3 bags) that I "thought" I might be able to wear over the winter with socks and an insole "or something". They were really good shoes that I just hated to get rid of last year and did not.... then when switching over my closet, took a really good look at the summer shoes still left and did a purge there...(another bag on top of the 2-3 bags from last summer I gave up)...then re looked at the clothes....MORE gone...

Recently bought about a dozen summer-sunny dresses ( Schnectedy..I too love to shop....and have a dh who encourages it.) for summer vacation, and everyday stuff. They are showing are a lot of dresses these days, not just for dressy occasions, which I am not sure if it means I notice now because I can wear them ...or if fashion has just gone a bit retro again...whatever!! Now ..If it only will only get warm here in the middle-atlantic! We are still needing fleece over T neck shirts, sweaters and jackets, warm socks and even if we see the sun...it is struggling to hit/stay at 50-60 degrees....Hoping I did not make a mistake with the summer dresses!!! We planned to grill dinner last night...only to have a cold rain start around 5 PM that turned into a steady downpour all night. I did NOT but any new umbrellas. Or a new raincoat.

Last edited by 65X65; 04-26-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #251  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
LOL - exactly 65! It's hard to believe where I am now. The reality of putting on size 4 slacks in the morning sure makes it seem more real though! Who would have though I could lose 10 pant sizes in less than a year?
Ruth Ann I will be following you all around when I start next week. Size 4 slacks....holy moly! I am so happy for you and love that you stay on the program like you are suppose to. That is my plan! So many amazing people here...I feel so blessed.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #252  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Ruth Ann-my shoe size changed 1-1/2 sizes! I just bagged up the rest of them (3 bags) that I "thought" I might be able to wear over the winter with socks and an insole "or something". They were really good shoes that I just hated to get rid of last year and did not.... then when switching over my closet, took a really good look at the summer shoes still left and did a purge there...(another bag on top of the 2-3 bags from last summer I gave up)...then re looked at the clothes....MORE gone...

Recently bought about a dozen summer-sunny dresses ( Schnectedy..I too love to shop....and have a dh who encourages it.) for summer vacation, and everyday stuff. They are showing are a lot of dresses these days, not just for dressy occasions, which I am not sure if it means I notice now because I can wear them ...or if fashion has just gone a bit retro again...whatever!! Now ..If it only will only get warm here in the middle-atlantic! We are still needing fleece over T neck shirts, sweaters and jackets, warm socks and even if we see the sun...it is struggling to hit/stay at 50-60 degrees....Hoping I did not make a mistake with the summer dresses!!! We planned to grill dinner last night...only to have a cold rain start around 5 PM that turned into a steady downpour all night. I did NOT but any new umbrellas. Or a new raincoat.
I haven't bought any new outerwear either 65 - all my jackets are currently too big but I didn't want to guess at what size I will be next winter! The only good thing about that is we're going to the baseball game this evening and I can wear lots of layers since we aren't even supposed to hit 60 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Ruth Ann I will be following you all around when I start next week. Size 4 slacks....holy moly! I am so happy for you and love that you stay on the program like you are suppose to. That is my plan! So many amazing people here...I feel so blessed.
You're so sweet! Congrats on getting going, you'll be so happy you did! And you exactly right - there are so many supportive, generous people on this site it makes doing IP so much easier!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #253  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
... I did NOT but any new umbrellas. Or a new raincoat.
Ok, you ladies DO love to shop if you even buy new umbrellas and raincoats! LOL. I don't know if I've ever even owned one umbrella.

It's nice to be able to hear in the posts the confidence returning, as well as the flexibility to choose what we want to wear vs. what will fit... You're giving us all hope ladies!
Old 04-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Ok, fit... You're giving us all hope ladies!
That is the reason to post some of this stuff......and if you get a laugh...so much the better!!
Old 04-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #255  

65X65 - if ladies like you were not posting, where would we be? It is not just the sharing of laughs, it is the shoulder to cry on, the knowledge to push on, the understanding when we fall.

There is NO doubt in my mind at all that I could not be where I am today (-103 total, 77 of that IP) if it were not for this board.

So hugs and blowing kisses to all who have been there.

Last edited by schenectady; 04-26-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Closed Thread