Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I just saw an awesome video a man made where he took a picture of his daughter once a month from birth to 17. he put the clips together to make a 4 minute video and it was awesome to watch her "grow up" before my eyes. I'm sure we could do a similar thing, but we'll watch ourselves "grow down" instead
That would be fun. Unfortunately I have very few pictures. Mine would be in huge chunks!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #137  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

IP43 - obvious question - have you cleared your cache and cookies and rebooted the computer? I use a couple of sites that have a tendency to "eat" my responses, so if I'm doing anything long I pause every few lines and highlight all the text, right click the mouse and hit "copy". Saves the text to the clipboard so if it goes away I can just "paste" and I don't lose the text.

Excited to be starting P3 tomorrow. My coach does P3 a little differently than the standard IP protocol and has me adding in grains the 1st week & fruit the 2nd week. She thinks it's better and easier to add things a little slower and since she hasn't steered me wrong yet I will follow her advice! So I'm adding toast and peanut butter (Dave's Killer Bread thin sliced and PB2).
Old 04-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #138  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
IP43 - obvious question - have you cleared your cache and cookies and rebooted the computer? I use a couple of sites that have a tendency to "eat" my responses, so if I'm doing anything long I pause every few lines and highlight all the text, right click the mouse and hit "copy". Saves the text to the clipboard so if it goes away I can just "paste" and I don't lose the text.

Excited to be starting P3 tomorrow. My coach does P3 a little differently than the standard IP protocol and has me adding in grains the 1st week & fruit the 2nd week. She thinks it's better and easier to add things a little slower and since she hasn't steered me wrong yet I will follow her advice! So I'm adding toast and peanut butter (Dave's Killer Bread thin sliced and PB2).
Awesome!

I have found that I just do not want grains much. On the weekends I may add cereal or steel cut oats but during the week my breakfast is usually protein, fruit and dairy.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #139  

Quote:

You know you can have "real" peanut butter, right?
I think we get scared of real food.
I think you'll like the idea of adding the breakfast in stages, you won't get so overstuffed. When will you add dairy?

I didn't add "grains" but gluten-free subs like coconut flour and almond meal.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-18-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #140  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Awesome!

I have found that I just do not want grains much. On the weekends I may add cereal or steel cut oats but during the week my breakfast is usually protein, fruit and dairy.
I think I will have to play with what will work for me. I'm so used now to a totally different kind of breakfast from what I used to have. I do know I need to eat in the mornings, I do better with food in me. I think it's going to be fun figuring it out!

Love the new pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You know you can have "real" peanut butter, right?
I think we get scared of real food.
I think you'll like the idea of adding the breakfast in stages, you won't get so overstuffed. When will you add dairy?

I didn't add "grains" but gluten-free subs like coconut flour and almond meal.
I do know I can have real PB, but I'd heard a lot about PB2 and wanted to try it. And I think you're right on getting scared of "real" food. People have been trained to go for the "light" stuff so much never thinking that in order to make the food light on fat or calories, etc., something has to be added in and that something is usually chemicals.

I will add dairy towards the end of week 2. As far as I know I've never had a gluten issue but I like adding in the grains separately since I figure that will tell me if I have an issue. I've had so many gut issues that it is hard to know any more what will be a problem, so adding more real food slowly is probably a good idea.

Like a lot of people here, I hesitated at using IP because of the highly processed nature of the IP foods but I figured on the short-term it made sense for me (and I was right!).
Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #141  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
IP43 - obvious question - have you cleared your cache and cookies and rebooted the computer?...
What seems obvious to someone is not to someone else! I am actually pretty unsavvy on the computer. Here is my question? If I "clear" my cache will I lose passwords that are automatically saved on my computer? You know how when you open 3FC it just magically opens? Next question... how do I clear them?

Man, this is one tough diet. I'm not even allowed for my COMPUTER to have "cookies"

Last edited by IP43; 04-18-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #142  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
What seems obvious to someone is not to someone else! I am actually pretty unsavvy on the computer. Here is my question? If I "clear" my cache will I lose passwords that are automatically saved on my computer? You know how when you open 3FC it just magically opens? Next question... how do I clear them?

Man, this is one tough diet. I'm not even allowed for my COMPUTER to have "cookies"
Ok, it kind of depends on the passwords issue. If they are saved in your browser then you should be fine but if you have allowed the website itself to save the password then you could lose them. Does that make sense? I would make sure you know what all the log in information is before you clear just in case.

And you made me giggle - no cookies allowed!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #143  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for your help Ruth Ann -- got your message. I hope I lose more today than just my passwords! (hee hee)
Old 04-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I have to laugh because when I read the above conversation, my mind went right to "cookies" and started looking to see what THAT was about. A small disappointment when it turned out to be computer related, a total loss to me!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=Ruth Ann;4986919
Excited to be starting P3 tomorrow. My coach does P3 a little differently than the standard IP protocol and has me adding in grains the 1st week & fruit the 2nd week. She thinks it's better and easier to add things a little slower and since she hasn't steered me wrong yet I will follow her advice! So I'm adding toast and peanut butter (Dave's Killer Bread thin sliced and PB2).[/QUOTE]

PB on toast. One of my all time favorite snacks!!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #146  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I need encouragement today or this week I guess, I'm not sure where all these cravings and near misses are coming from. I've been doing well, I've had great success, I feel good. Why suddenly this week are these negative thoughts invading my head? Maybe it's because I'm on spring break and I am bored... I mean I'm not really we're staying super active but I"m home a lot more. So far today I've had my "chocolate muffins" (IP pudding made into muffins) I've had 64 oz of water already and it's only 2, I've had my 2 cups of veggies, and a lemon wafer and 2 cups of tea. Why do I feel like I just want to gorge myself on food? Maybe this is one of those times I should have an extra packet.. my coach says if I'm ever having issues just go for a 4th packet (non restricted). If I drink anymore fluid right now I'm going to float away. Maybe I'll have a salad....
Old 04-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I need encouragement today or this week I guess, I'm not sure where all these cravings and near misses are coming from. I've been doing well, I've had great success, I feel good. Why suddenly this week are these negative thoughts invading my head? Maybe it's because I'm on spring break and I am bored... I mean I'm not really we're staying super active but I"m home a lot more. So far today I've had my "chocolate muffins" (IP pudding made into muffins) I've had 64 oz of water already and it's only 2, I've had my 2 cups of veggies, and a lemon wafer and 2 cups of tea. Why do I feel like I just want to gorge myself on food? Maybe this is one of those times I should have an extra packet.. my coach says if I'm ever having issues just go for a 4th packet (non restricted). If I drink anymore fluid right now I'm going to float away. Maybe I'll have a salad....
Amber...do you use a few restricted items every week? I found because I did NOT use the restricted items because I was GF and the IP restricteds all had gluten at the time I was in P1...that periodically the calorie deficit "caught up" to me.. People ask all the time if they will lose better with out them...I think it is individual metabolism because both answers appear here according to individual experience. However; they are part of the program. I have also seen that when some one skips a meal ...it catches up...so it makes sense that over a week or 10 days extra calories from restricted items are going to contribute to satisfying hunger....and if you eliminate them completely...you are going to hear that growl in your stomach in response to the deficit....and that is probably real hunger.

You are several inches taller than me...so I would suggest to make sure you are not skimping on those. I eliminated them by necessity...not choice. The hunger/deficit for me needed to be addressed and I did it with my coach's advice...to add some protein, and would add a serving of shrimp, or 2 HB eggs to my lunch once in a while to fix the deficit. After that it was at least a week to 10 days until I needed to address it again!

Think outside the box...and use common sense!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #148  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
When I felt ravenously hungry I would have a hard boiled egg and a couple of dill pickles. That was always so satisfying. I would use my sea salt on the egg and it was delicious. The extra protein always helped me when I had those days where my body was telling me I was hungry.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #149  

Quote:
Having the extra packet may help. Maybe do something you have been putting off. I cleaned out the rest of the clothes that needed to go to good will. Then put winter stuff away and organized my closet, tried on things I was not sure of including swim suits(yes multiple, I am a swimmer). Last, chew gum. I know we are not suppose to chew just any gum, but in times like this, it might help.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #150  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Amber, I've had days where I feel like I just want to eat. I'm not really hungry, I just want to eat. I think it's really important to identify what you are feeling. Lisa had a great piece in the daily chat about not being hungry and just wanting to eat.

When those feelings hit me, I try to distract myself. I tell myself I can have more food (OP of course) in 30 minutes if I still want it and then I take a walk, get busy cleaning something, take a shower, sort out my closet or drawers, etc., etc. You get the idea. And you know what? 30 minutes later I realize I don't really want to eat - the feeling has passed.

Eating just because I'm bored or whatever made me fat. I think learning the difference between being hungry and just wanting to eat is so critical.

Of course, if you really are hungry - eat something! A big bowl of lettuce works, a hard boiled egg - you got some good suggestion.

Hang in there, this too shall pass!
Closed Thread