3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Friday 4/11/2014

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #46

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
I thought I was the only one fighting off temptations. I feel like I have been cursed from the day I started the IP diet.
Last weekend I was on my day 3 and I had to cook for 10 guests, this week I had to go to team lunches where one day was Indian food and the second day chinese.

But I didn't cheat and the reward is sweet. Today I went for my first weigh in and I lost 7 lbs :-) :-) :-)

BTW, does your coaches take out 1 or 2 pounds for clothes from the total weight lost?
Nope, mine didn't either. I just tried to wear the same/similar things and take off my shoes and empty my pockets!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

Old 04-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #47

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I thought I was the only one fighting off temptations. I feel like I have been cursed from the day I started the IP diet.
Last weekend I was on my day 3 and I had to cook for 10 guests, this week I had to go to team lunches where one day was Indian food and the second day chinese.

But I didn't cheat and the reward is sweet. Today I went for my first weigh in and I lost 7 lbs :-) :-) :-)

BTW, does your coaches take out 1 or 2 pounds for clothes from the total weight lost?
I wear almost the exact same thing to each WI (sweats, tshirt, even same sneakers) so that the clothes are not a variable. I assured my coach I do have other attire LOL. I was sooo glad when I recently switched to a smaller size of my "uniform" a couple of WI's ago.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #48

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Day 5 today. This really has felt like the longest week ever. TGIF indeed.
Hang in there I promise it gets better! I felt awful my first week and even called in sick to work one day due to headache/lack of energy. I am so glad I stuck with the program -if you follow it, the rewards will come! The first week or so I drank lots of hot tea (helped with hunger) and went to bed early a lot (due to hunger/lack of energy). I have also done lots of logging on and reading others' posts for inspiration
Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #49

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Quote:
Today I went for my first weigh in and I lost 7 lbs :-) :-) :-)

My coach suggested the same time each weigh in, same or very similar clothes. She said some of the girls have her close the blinds & doors in her office and strip down to undies, lol. I just wore sock feet and tights with a drapey jersey t-shirt top and the same bra every time so my measures would be accurate. The weight that showed is what we called it. Didn't take any off for clothes.

At goal or below since March 5, 2014
Old 04-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #50
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/174.6/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerin2014 View Post

Hang in there I promise it gets better! I felt awful my first week and even called in sick to work one day due to headache/lack of energy. I am so glad I stuck with the program -if you follow it, the rewards will come! The first week or so I drank lots of hot tea (helped with hunger) and went to bed early a lot (due to hunger/lack of energy). I have also done lots of logging on and reading others' posts for inspiration
Thanks, smallerin. I actually haven't had any headaches, I'm mostly just tired and go to bed really early. Today has been more challenging than I anticipated. I thought my work from home day would be easier because I'd have more time and flexibility to make my lunch, but lunch turned out terribly and I had to throw it away. I ended up eating a mish mosh of IP pudding, red pepper sticks and some ground turkey...bleh. Hopefully dinner will be better.

I did do a sneak peek on my scale at home and saw I'm already down 7 pounds, so that's awesome. I know I shouldn't make a habit of peeking, but I was curious. Official weigh in isn't until Tuesday.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #51
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Thanks, smallerin. I actually haven't had any headaches, I'm mostly just tired and go to bed really early. Today has been more challenging than I anticipated. I thought my work from home day would be easier because I'd have more time and flexibility to make my lunch, but lunch turned out terribly and I had to throw it away. I ended up eating a mish mosh of IP pudding, red pepper sticks and some ground turkey...bleh. Hopefully dinner will be better.

I did do a sneak peek on my scale at home and saw I'm already down 7 pounds, so that's awesome. I know I shouldn't make a habit of peeking, but I was curious. Official weigh in isn't until Tuesday.
Your lucky pishposh... I have had horrible headakes I am in my second week and still get awful headakes.. I weigh my self every morning and post it in myfitnesspal log... if the scale says up or down I write it down just for my own information... it helps keep me on program to be truthful with my self to write my weight BF% and all the food I consume down Just my way of staying honest with the diet
Old 04-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #52

S/C/G: 328.4/231.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerik View Post
Checking out Nashua Nutrition website, I notice there are several brands of shakes. What's your favorite and why?
I use the Proti-Thin Chocolate and Vanilla Ready To Drink. I find them to be nearly identical to the IP RTD ones.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ate-6-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...lla-6-box.html

They go on sale periodically and when combined with the 10% lifetime membership and free shipping, they cost about a third of the IP ones. I add an espresso shot to the chocolate one and heat it up to make a mocha for breakfast most days. The other days I add the espresso to the vanilla one over ice and have an iced coffee.

In case you don't know, there is a thread devoted to alternative products with opinions from various people if you are looking for more items to substitute.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #53
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Headaches

I felt nauseous and headachy that first week. I almost quit but had just invested chunk of cash.
For me, I wasn't getting enough salt (SALT) and I was taking my supplements on an empty stomach.

I know my coach had told me how to do it right but there's so much info to take in at that first session.

The unofficial coaches in this thread will steer you straight. Hang in there, it gets better.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I use the Proti-Thin Chocolate and Vanilla Ready To Drink. I find them to be nearly identical to the IP RTD ones.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ate-6-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...lla-6-box.html

They go on sale periodically and when combined with the 10% lifetime membership and free shipping, they cost about a third of the IP ones. I add an espresso shot to the chocolate one and heat it up to make a mocha for breakfast most days. The other days I add the espresso to the vanilla one over ice and have an iced coffee.

In case you don't know, there is a thread devoted to alternative products with opinions from various people if you are looking for more items to substitute.
Thanks again, Wahoofan.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #55

S/C/G: 250/215/155

Height: 5'8"

I also have a weigh in uniform. It was great not to have to shed layers of winter coats this morning when I got on the scale. I was rewarded with a 3.5 weight loss for sticking to plan so it was a great start to the day. Sometimes, I am a little bummed when I go to the salad bar and get my IP friendly meal, but I admit I feel very satisfied and happy once i eat it. Getting a real waistline again so it is making it worthwhile. I truly thought I would be overweight forever when I joined the day after Thanksgiving. This has made staying true to the program worth every second!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #56

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

had my WI and am down 3lbs. My clinic has a backorder on the Chocolate Brownies!! I like to take one of them a week as a good chocolate treat. I took two of the Vanilla peanut bar instead - which is my go to favorite as well and the salt and vinegar RIDGES! I got soups and my puddings to make waffles - which have become a staple for me. SO GOOD. Had a salad from SUBWAY the yesterday IT WAS SO GOOD!

I am consciously becoming a healthier & slimmer version me! (I own a scooter!)
I mindfully eat to fuel my body.
w1: 9.4lbs ,w2: 3.2 lbs, w3:3.0 lbs., w4: 1.4lbs w5: 4.8 lbs w6: 2.4 lbs, w7: 2.8 lbs w8: Christmas gain 1.8 w9: 2.00 lbs W10(tom): 2.00 lbs w11: 3.00 lbs w12: gained 3lbs over mexician vac w13: no weigh in. w14: lost 3lbs w15: [b]lost 1lb/B] w16:lost 4.00 w17: lost1.7lbs w18: lost 3.00lbs w19:lost .4lbs W20:gained 2lbs w21: lost 3lbs.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:32 PM   #57

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc85 View Post
EMS: we are getting a Panera Bread!! The CiCis pizza on Johnston will be closing and Panera Bread is moving in, but not until January 2015

Had a great weigh-in this week -5.5lbs and I have accepted a new job! Very exciting week and TGIF
Congratulations on your new job! What do you do? Your confidence must be through the roof!

I am consciously becoming a healthier & slimmer version me! (I own a scooter!)
I mindfully eat to fuel my body.
w1: 9.4lbs ,w2: 3.2 lbs, w3:3.0 lbs., w4: 1.4lbs w5: 4.8 lbs w6: 2.4 lbs, w7: 2.8 lbs w8: Christmas gain 1.8 w9: 2.00 lbs W10(tom): 2.00 lbs w11: 3.00 lbs w12: gained 3lbs over mexician vac w13: no weigh in. w14: lost 3lbs w15: [b]lost 1lb/B] w16:lost 4.00 w17: lost1.7lbs w18: lost 3.00lbs w19:lost .4lbs W20:gained 2lbs w21: lost 3lbs.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #58
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:

Mine doesn't but he doesn't weigh me in office. He has me weigh when I first wake up and takes that for my weight.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #59
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerik View Post
Please excuse me if this thread was not intended for my question.
I've seen a lot of posts comparing ingredients of non-IP shakes to IP shakes, but I can't seem to find any posts that compare the taste. I love the chocolate powder IP shakes, and I've been testing all kinds of commercial versions (GNC, whey, soy, you name it), but I can't find one that tastes as good as IP. I want to continue mixing the powder with water, and something about the IP shakes allowed the shake to thicken up, and that's been hard to find. Plus, as I said, the taste of them just don't compare. Any tried and true recommendations?
I know I bought some different shakes and tried to bake with them. I thought I was saving a lot of money. Now I just have two huge containers of some whey protein or something that I will never use. They tasted terrible and did not "bake" the way the IP ones do. So, I buy alternatives for a lot of things, but the IP shakes for my baking needs. To drink, I buy readymade shakes from Costco (Premier Protein ones)
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.