Old 04-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #1  

Default Gluten free on IP

I am noticing that I am limited on the Ideal Protein products that are labeled "gluten Free." There are many items that don't have gluten in the ingredients but aren't listed as gluten free. Does anyone know if this is due to cross contamination? I have Celiac so I need to be careful. I'm getting pretty bored eating the same few items. Please help me! Thanks

Last edited by szvegas; 04-10-2014 at 03:28 PM.
szvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-8"

Yes, Cross contamination is on most items that are listed as gf but not celiac safe. I managed to figure things out however I ended up going to most alternatives to have something more then just shakes.
The list was created in 2012, you might want to ask for coach for an updated list
http://bothellchiropractic.com/clien...ed_5.31.12.pdf
willsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #3  

Thanks for the list---I am getting pretty bored of the shakes and am starting to crave salty, crunchy things and celery just ain't cutting it.
szvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-8"

Don't forget that a lot of people make muffins out of the pudding. Take a look at the recipes link on the first post of the daily chats. Don't quote me on that as I haven't played too much with packs. Simple for me is how I stayed on track.
willsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #5  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
Don't forget that a lot of people make muffins out of the pudding. Take a look at the recipes link on the first post of the daily chats. Don't quote me on that as I haven't played too much with packs. Simple for me is how I stayed on track.
Other than the dbl choc cookies made from the drink mix I haven't liked anything I have made with the packets. What a waste! I still need to try the zucchini muffin recipes but I am not that hopeful. Since I don't like the oatmeal as is I figure I have nothing to lose if I don't like it anyway.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
Yes, Cross contamination is on most items that are listed as gf but not celiac safe. I managed to figure things out however I ended up going to most alternatives to have something more then just shakes.
The list was created in 2012, you might want to ask for coach for an updated list
http://bothellchiropractic.com/clien...ed_5.31.12.pdf
I got an updated list in November 2013 and updated again in Jan 2014 - for non-sweet things that are labelled GFree - Broccoli Cheddar soup - which makes a chewy sort of tortilla - there's an easy recipe online - google. also the Chicken soup (not the noodle one but the one that looks like cream of chicken) is labelled GF. Leek soup & both regular omelette and Fine herb/cheese omelette are GF labelled. Maple Oatmeal is also labelled GF, all the puddings and every drink are GF labelled except Pina Colada which is only called GF but not labelled.
You may also have to get your vitamins separately since they cannot guarantee GFree for some of them. I had to do my own. They contacted the Science Dept of IP to get more info for me.
For your restricted I'd use the Quest bars if dairy is ok for you. I used Vega Tropic Tango (vegan/GF labelled protein smoothie powder) and Garden of Life Raw Protein in Cacao Kiss (also vegan/GF labelled smoothie powder) Low in calories & very low carb and no sugar alcohols either.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #7  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Other than the dbl choc cookies made from the drink mix I haven't liked anything I have made with the packets. What a waste! I still need to try the zucchini muffin recipes but I am not that hopeful. Since I don't like the oatmeal as is I figure I have nothing to lose if I don't like it anyway.
Remember that your tastes will change a bit so retry the muffins etc. in awhile. The IP food has a "taste" to it and some of the packets I hated. Once I made them into someting else they were better. Sometimes it's the lesser of two evils until you find the things you like (or learn to like...)
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:22 AM   #8  

I'm both gluten free and restrict soy protein

For salty/crunchy restricted, I use Simply Chips
You can find on their website or netrition.com
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote