Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 02:30 AM   #151  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I hit the 50 lb down mark after about 100 days.

I started on March 18th.

As a failure on all the 'other' diets, I am amazed by how well this plan works for me.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPCali View Post
I hit the 50 lb down mark after about 100 days.

I started on March 18th.

As a failure on all the 'other' diets, I am amazed by how well this plan works for me.
IPCali: WOW!!!! I am so proud of you! What an inspiration! I have been slipping a foot off the wagon since April. I started March 4th. Back to 100%, though. Super happy for you!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Just hit the 25lb mark today. Cant wait until there is only 25 left!

IPCali that is a great loss!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

Default stalled

Trying not to be frustrated this week as I experienced my second "stall" of sorts, only dropped .4 pounds over the last two weeks. Not sure what I am doing 'wrong' but I just want to stay motivated and focused and get into the 160's soon. I know I have lost inches but it is frustrating to experience less than 1/2 pound loss over a two week period when I have been following the protocol.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #155  
mamanerd

S/C/G: 208/192/170

Default March 2014 starter

Anyone still here? or where is the March thread now?

I started in March 2014, am down 46 lbs (from 208) and hope to go about 10 lbs more. I have been "slow and steady" with some variations accounting for less rapid loss, such as keeping my milk in my coffee, not freaking out if a few carrot shreds get in my salad, using a forktine to have tiny amounts of restaurant vinegrette on my salad etc. I'm happy with the progress. I had a stall for about 2 weeks, but it's moving down again.

I have tried some alternative shakes and bars, but the IP ones generally are MUCH tastier.

I like that I have LOTS of choices, all equivalent and handy and I don't have to "count" calories or points like other weight loss programs I failed on.

Not very fond of the rotini with tomatoes, butterscotch pudding, cranberry drink. Most fond of the crispy cereal, the maple oatmeal, chicken and broccoli soups, the mango drink and the strawberry drink. I can't handle most of the bars, mostly because i cannot stop at 1... they keep calling my name and I have zero will power over their siren song. The dark chocolate pudding is easier to enjoy and just have one.

I have had to buy new pants (tops I wear loose anyway) it's nice to go from a size 22 to a 14!!
Old 08-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #156  

mamanerd- great work! 46lbs is amazing.

I have been wondering where all the March IPers are as well.

My body has been very slow to let go of the weight, though I am using alternatives. Almost at 30lbs gone, which I will take!

I have been having trouble the past few days with eating an extra half or whole restricted. I am trying to work on it today and limit myself. I think after my quest bars are gone, I will have to do a week detox from restricteds just to get rid of the trigger of wanting more.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:06 AM   #157  
mamanerd

S/C/G: 208/192/170

Default temptations

so I decided I was pretty content with this weight level and asked to move to phase 2.

The meals and the prescribed packets are fine.

However, I have also been having too many temptations to having an extra snack, kinda "don't I deserve it" in my head. and everyone's noticed the huge loss, and i'm doing the "do I have to keep on?"...

and realizing I am seeing the pattern of wanting something else in the evening... that used to be my downfall that put on that weight to begin with.

I'm trying to set an alarm to say "here's the time for my snack" so I can try to delay the official one, try to avoid the extra one, and drink extra water instead of succumbing. Or tea. or....

Last edited by mamanerd; 08-19-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

CONGRATULATIONS to March Starters on your weight loss!!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #159  

i have the same problem of wanting a snack after dinner- its completely mental but very hard to deal with.

Some days I will save my quest bar until after dinner or split it up and have have in the afternoon and half after dinner. I also use tea as a late night snack with stevia. Pickles as well.

I am still struggling to find a way to curb hunger between lunch and dinner while having something for later. Unfortunately I dont have the hunger suppression while ketogenic.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:07 PM   #160  

Bumping this...one year is coming around fast!

Who is still here? How is the weight coming off? Hit goal?
Old 01-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Bumping this...one year is coming around fast!

Who is still here? How is the weight coming off? Hit goal?
I am still here! Not checking in as frequently but I realize I should be. I met my goal of 155 on IP in later October and phased out in November/December. I did gain about 7-10 pounds since stopping IP. I understood that weight was going to come back on once I stopped the program and while I am okay with where I am right now, I felt best when I was 10 pounds lighter so I am planning to do a reboot in February once I can afford it. I think I will work on getting down to 150 this go round so when I regain the glycogen stores and water weight I am hovering more around 155.
I don't like fixating on a number but I feel better at that weight so I am going to give it a try.

How are things going with you?
Old 05-31-2015, 03:12 PM   #162  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up 2014 Starters - new thread starting monthly!

The May, June, July, August, September Starters have gathered together as the Summer 2014 Starters for the past several months, and we think we'd like to be more open and invite any 2014 Starters to join us for conversation and support that's pertinent to those of us who have been on IP for 5 months or more.

Of course, like all the 3FC threads, everyone is always welcome to join in on our Summer 2014 thread, but I am posting here today to especially invite the 2014 Starters to join the Summer 2014 gang -- we have a few Winter, Spring and Fall IPeeps who have already made our thread a frequent hang out, and we'd like you all to know you are welcome!

Those of us who started IP in 2014 are at varying stages of diet fatigue, or we're slugging thru the last 10 pounds to reach goal, about to dip toes into phasing off, or actually in P4 and dealing with the challenge of lifestyle change for life. We have found that 3FC IP support has really been a critical success factor for us, and we are thinking that continued support will make a big difference to us in keeping the losses off.

We are inspired by the Oct/Nov 2013 group (O/N 2013) that has continued to hang out together for going on 2 years, and we see their good results in maintenance! If we collaborate, we can create that kind of long term success, too!

Please note - this is not an attempt to divert attention from the IP Community Weekday and Weekend Chats -- those threads are such a good way for all of us to pay it forward for the benefit of newcomers, and to provide general support across the whole IP community - Lisa is so committed to providing leadership in those threads by keeping the initial postings with all the links to resources fresh and informative, and most all of us IPeeps feel it is important to pass along the support we have received there -- it has been invaluable. So don't pass it the IP Community threads up!!!

Most of the 2014 monthly starter threads no longer show up on page 1 of the Ideal Protein sub forum, but we believe there are plenty of you out there still working your journey -- So do look for the new thread of 2014 Starters tomorrow, and come join us!
Closed Thread