IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/10/2014

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: I know I'm only supposed to have one cup of coffee a day. But what about decaf?

You can have decaf. Some people say it counts towards your water, some don't. I have always counted decaf tea towards my water (don't like decaf coffee).
  • Everyone at work again is saying how much they've noticed already that I'm losing weight. I feel like I'm not anymore. The first week all I got were hot flashes. This 3rd week I'm not feeling that anymore, and I miss it cause I know it was my body burning fat. The first week it was like the fat was melting off. This week is not going as well.

Please help. I'm looking for any advice. Maybe I should tighten up portion sizes? Get rid of my restricted? I've been wavering more and more often (stretching the rules). I had a great loss 2 weeks in a row, and I'm not feeling it this week. Not feeling confident at all.

My eyes and tummy keep wandering to the Atkins Advantage bars....ug! Please talk me out of the poor alternatives.

I miss carrots too.

Sorry if it just sounds like I'm whining.
  • Quote: Everyone at work again is saying how much they've noticed already that I'm losing weight. I feel like I'm not anymore. The first week all I got were hot flashes. This 3rd week I'm not feeling that anymore, and I miss it cause I know it was my body burning fat. The first week it was like the fat was melting off. This week is not going as well.

Please help. I'm looking for any advice. Maybe I should tighten up portion sizes? Get rid of my restricted? I've been wavering more and more often (stretching the rules). I had a great loss 2 weeks in a row, and I'm not feeling it this week. Not feeling confident at all.

My eyes and tummy keep wandering to the Atkins Advantage bars....ug! Please talk me out of the poor alternatives.

I miss carrots too.

Sorry if it just sounds like I'm whining.
    Hang in there kaylynt! Many people have a smaller loss the 3rd week as their body catches up. If I remember correctly, I think I was a 0 loss the 3rd or 4th week and I was 100% the whole time. Remember, the scale just shows one point in time, not the whole downward trend.

There is nothing wrong for you to fix if you are measuring and weighing your food, getting all 3 packets and your protein and all your water, salt & supplements. Honest - some weeks it just goes like that.

As far as your cravings go - drink some hot tea, eat a pickle, drink more water, go for a walk or do something to distract yourself. Those cravings do pass after awhile. I still get them on occasion and just sometimes have to white knuckle it through. Remember all the reasons you started this diet - they are still valid and you don't want to slow yourself down now.
  • Quote: my old coach said that in a bind its ok to grab the Wendy's Santa Fe salad i think its called? Just no dressing, cheese, gaucamole etc.. just get the chili and get a sour cream for a dressing. I would have it every now and then and it wouldnt stall my progress.
    Wendy's in Canada has some very yummy salads - I like the Asian Cashew Chicken one with grilled edamame and just have some vinegar or their hot sauce packet for a dressing on it.
    The nuts are in a separate package so you can just leave them off.
    Another easy thing to order is small chili meal with the side green salad. Put the chili on top and voila, 'taco' salad. When you get the meal combo it's under 5 bucks and you can have coffee, herb or green tea, or Diet Coke included.

Liana
    I'm in maintenance and my fave is the Apple Pecan Chicken salad with Extra Blue cheese crumbles.
  • Quote: Thanks so much. I'll give that a try. I haven't bought bottled dressings in over 20 years. I always make my own. My go to dressing before IP was 3:1 Evoo and Balsamic with garlic and herbs or a killer honey mustard recipe. I guess I am just going to have to play with it until I find something that I like. The WF are ok when first starting but basically they are too sweet and full of things I can't pronounce!
    If you have WF 'peanut spread' lurking in your fridge, you can do the EVOO & AC vinegar, add a bit of the peanut spread, hot sauce tabasco or Frank's, and a splash of Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce to make an asian dressing - if you wish use lime juice instead of AC vinegar and add a touch of stevia to taste if you like it sweeter. This was my go-to dressing because I love Thai and Indonesian flavours. ALL P1 COMPLIANT.
  • Quote: Thanks so much. I'll give that a try. I haven't bought bottled dressings in over 20 years. I always make my own. My go to dressing before IP was 3:1 Evoo and Balsamic with garlic and herbs or a killer honey mustard recipe. I guess I am just going to have to play with it until I find something that I like. The WF are ok when first starting but basically they are too sweet and full of things I can't pronounce!
    Just do your same dressing but change the vinegar from balsamic. You can do honey mustard with WF or other sugar free syrup. On the recipe threads I picked up an Asian dressing that I love. I mix everything but the oil in it and then I add a teaspoon to the portion I am using just before adding to my salad

Asian DRESSING
    1/3 c. olive oil
    2 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar (I use rice wine vinegar)
    1 Tbsp. Ginger
    1 Tbsp. soy sauce
    ¼ tsp. each splenda, salt, pepper
    ¼ tsp. hot sauce
  • Quote: Hang in there kaylynt! Many people have a smaller loss the 3rd week as their body catches up. If I remember correctly, I think I was a 0 loss the 3rd or 4th week and I was 100% the whole time. Remember, the scale just shows one point in time, not the whole downward trend.

There is nothing wrong for you to fix if you are measuring and weighing your food, getting all 3 packets and your protein and all your water, salt & supplements. Honest - some weeks it just goes like that.

As far as your cravings go - drink some hot tea, eat a pickle, drink more water, go for a walk or do something to distract yourself. Those cravings do pass after awhile. I still get them on occasion and just sometimes have to white knuckle it through. Remember all the reasons you started this diet - they are still valid and you don't want to slow yourself down now.
    Thank-you Ruth Ann you're always so helpful ))
  • Today I was able to make a signature! Here is a test post to see if it works. Fingers crossed!
  • Hello Fellow IPer's,

Sounds like people had great victories both on and off the scale today.
    It has been a busy week for me, my DH has been travelling since Monday and Our nanny is away so just me and the kids. I'm exhausted! It has been a challenge to not eat more this week, likely due to the added stress. Have been pretty good - the odd nibble of dried cereal.
    Looking forward to the weekend, going to buy a dress for a wedding we are going to at the end of the month. Super excited to try stuff on for the first time in a very very long time.
  • Day 2 for Me
    Hi all! I will be 60 on Monday...don't tell anyone please! This is my last diet and I am glad to be on this journey with all of you. I am not a bit hungry but have the dreaded headache. Thanks for all the support, encouragement, tips, and tough love you provide in the forums I am reading. Day 3, here I come...
  • Quote: Hi all! I will be 60 on Monday...don't tell anyone please! This is my last diet and I am glad to be on this journey with all of you. I am not a bit hungry but have the dreaded headache. Thanks for all the support, encouragement, tips, and tough love you provide in the forums I am reading. Day 3, here I come...
    I had the headache too pretty badly..don't worry, it goes away!
  • Quote: I have been looking for an all purpose salad dressing to replace the WF products. I've spent time looking through all the recipe stickies and most of what I am seeing contains things that are not allowed in Phase 1, like sesame oil, chili oil, lime juice, poppy seeds. Does anyone have a homemade version that is Phase one compliant? Also, if you are using a 3:1 or 2:1 oil to vinegar ratio, then how do you determine how much a serving is?
    I make my own homemade good seasons salad dressing. It has been essential for keeping me interested in this diet otherwise I'd be out of my mind. LOL I do NOT ADD OIL to the mixture. I use my oil mister & spray my salad first then I add as much of the dressing as I like. I also use this to dip my chicken into and makes it much more flavorful minus the oil.
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1 packet of Stevia (My coach said only 1 packet was allowed)
    2 tablespoons dried oregano
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 tablespoon dried parsley
    1/4 teaspoon celery salt
    2 tablespoons Ideal salt

Directions

In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, stevia packet, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt and Ideal salt. Store in a tightly sealed container.
    To prepare dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup apple cidar vinegar, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
  • Quote: I FREAKING love you! Thank you!
    ME TOO ME TOO!!
  • Quote: Hi all! I will be 60 on Monday...don't tell anyone please! This is my last diet and I am glad to be on this journey with all of you. I am not a bit hungry but have the dreaded headache. Thanks for all the support, encouragement, tips, and tough love you provide in the forums I am reading. Day 3, here I come...
    I just turned 59 and this ALSO is my last diet. Not hungry....felt awful first 5 days then started feeling good, then better and now I'm feeling the best. Hang in....