3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/10/2014

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #16

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug470 View Post
Day 2 for me today and I must say that I have one **** of a headache. Yesterday was not to bad however sitting at the dinner table watching the little one eat her dinner with ketchup made me a little jealous. I just have to stay strong and take on every day.
Firebug-- make sure you are getting your salt in. That will help with the headaches.

a for every 5 lbs lost:

Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Day 2 for me today and I must say that I have one **** of a headache. Yesterday was not to bad however sitting at the dinner table watching the little one eat her dinner with ketchup made me a little jealous. I just have to stay strong and take on every day.
I have had terrible headaches the first 5 days but suddenly they disappeared and I am on my 8th day. I guess my body has adjusted to the new routine. Everyone here on this site gave me so much support and I am going to do the same.
Just stay strong for the first week. It will get better. I cried on my 4th day and wanted to stop this but the wonderful people here gave me the strength to continue.Trust me it will get better.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #18

good morning everyone, I am so glad the first week is over and the headaches are gone. It's sunny and bright today.Feeling good. Tomorrow I have a weigh in and I am hoping I might have lost few pounds to keep me motivated.
Wish me luck!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #19

S/C/G: 255/209.00/150

Height: 5'4"

When I first started IP, I read suggestions about putting some salt in the palm of your hand and licking it (or stirring into shake/drink). That actually did help with headaches. I would put maybe 1/4 to 1/2 tsp in my palm and lick it, then swig down some water. It also helped with muscle cramps.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #20
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Default Headaches

I get bad headaches when I go off caffeine.
I'm guessing that the first week is hard for lots of folks because they have stopped coffee and because of lack of salt. A double whammy.

Hang in there, it's worth it.

I'm on day 3 of P3. Scale is up a little this AM but will not worry (yet) as the Big C is hanging around. WI is Monday, that's "real"
Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #21

S/C/G: 301/289/240

Height: 6'3

Does anyone have a app or program that they use to remind them of accepted foods and what needs to be taken supplement wise when? I am going to pack a cooler/lunch box with my foods for that day but given my long shifts (14hrs) and not knowing how much energy I will us during them I am allowed to have 1 more protein on hand. But I am having trouble with remembering the supplement schedule and which snacks are the restricted ones. I am sure this will all come together over time.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #22

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Quote:
Does anyone have a app or program that they use to remind them of accepted foods and what needs to be taken supplement wise when? I am going to pack a cooler/lunch box with my foods for that day but given my long shifts (14hrs) and not knowing how much energy I will us during them I am allowed to have 1 more protein on hand. But I am having trouble with remembering the supplement schedule and which snacks are the restricted ones. I am sure this will all come together over time.
For work, I had put all the different supplements in little baggies identifying them for example:

Vitamin C: 1 B / 1 L
CalMag: 2 L / 2 D
OMEGA-3: 2 S / 1 D etc...

But you'll see that you'll differenciate them in no time!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #23

S/C/G: 255/209.00/150

I make little baggies for supplements out of snack size zip locks, one for lunch and one for dinner/supper. I have an iPhone and set reminders to go off daily at 11:30 am and 5:30 pm. Those reminders help me remember to take the supplements. I would NEVER remember on my own… I know myself too well.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #24

S/C/G: 240.8/191.6/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
I have had terrible headaches the first 5 days but suddenly they disappeared and I am on my 8th day. I guess my body has adjusted to the new routine. Everyone here on this site gave me so much support and I am going to do the same.
Just stay strong for the first week. It will get better. I cried on my 4th day and wanted to stop this but the wonderful people here gave me the strength to continue.Trust me it will get better.
I too cried on my 4th day and wanted to stop. I came here and posted about my struggles and got some amazing support. I am on Day 18 and it has gotten much easier. Hang in there!!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #25

S/C/G: 198/174/130

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!!! Happy Thursday!!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #26

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Happy Thursday all! 2nd weigh in and down 3 lbs..pretty excited!
Congrats!!! That is awesome!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #27
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Happy Thursday all! 2nd weigh in and down 3 lbs..pretty excited!
CONGRATS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcjaug View Post
Good morning everyone. I had my 7th weigh in yesterday and am down 27.2 lbs. This is the most I have lost on any diet plan. It is so exciting. Today I will be breaking my daily weekday routine and will be going on a field trip with my son. Wish me luck! haha
AWESOME PROGRESS! Congrats!

Happy Thursday all!
I'm having a hungry day today for some reason so I jumped on the boards from work to get inspired.

I ate my afternoon snack already and will push lunch a little later and hope the afternoon isn't too bad. My snack today was the IP lemon wafers. I like them a lot because I like lemon... however, i don't feel as satisfied with those as I do with the bars or even the heartier shakes. It's interesting. (Even though I've moved to maintenance in the last couple of weeks, I still often use IP products for snacks) Anyone else feel that way about the items that are a little more "treat" oriented?

Hope you all have a great IP day!

Original Goal 171, met Week 17; Lowered goal:155 Phase 2:2/9/14 phase 3:2/22/14
W1:-2.4 W2:-4.4 W3:-6.2 W4:-1.6 W5:-4.1 W6:-1.4 W7:-3.7 W8:-2.0 W9:-1.3 W10:travel W11:-5.5(2 wks) W12:-4.9(tom) W13:-0.2 W14:-1.5 W15:travel W16:-5.8(2 wks) W17:-1.1 W18:-3.1 W19:travel W20:-3.9(2 wks) W21:-1.8(tom) W22.5:-2.6(1.5 wks) W24:-3.6(1.5 wks) W25:0(tom)
PHASE 2: W26:travel W27:-3.9(2 wks) PHASE 3: W28:+0.6 W29:+.9

CURRENTLY IN MAINTENANCE since March
Old 04-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcjaug View Post
Good morning everyone. I had my 7th weigh in yesterday and am down 27.2 lbs. This is the most I have lost on any diet plan. It is so exciting. Today I will be breaking my daily weekday routine and will be going on a field trip with my son. Wish me luck! haha

Congrats!!! You are doing an awesome job!!! Keep up the good work!!!

May you have great fun on your son's field trip!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #29

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
CONGRATS!

AWESOME PROGRESS! Congrats!

Happy Thursday all!
I'm having a hungry day today for some reason so I jumped on the boards from work to get inspired.

I ate my afternoon snack already and will push lunch a little later and hope the afternoon isn't too bad. My snack today was the IP lemon wafers. I like them a lot because I like lemon... however, i don't feel as satisfied with those as I do with the bars or even the heartier shakes. It's interesting. (Even though I've moved to maintenance in the last couple of weeks, I still often use IP products for snacks) Anyone else feel that way about the items that are a little more "treat" oriented?

Hope you all have a great IP day!
I found that following hungry days was a good loss. Hope that is the same with you!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #30
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I'm back from my 8 day trip to CA to tour colleges with my daughter (most of you probably didn't notice my absence ) and it was a very successful trip for her. She narrowed down her choices and had some great meetings with diving coaches there.

It is soooo hard to eat out every meal of the day (other than breakfast). I took my IP packets and WF dressings with me. I'd say I kept 85-90% OP while there, it's the cheats that killed me I'm sure. It was my daughter's birthday while there, so yes I did have a couple of bites of her desserts. Also, I was hanging out with family and had a few drinks out two different nights. For the most part, I stuck to the plan. All of my meals were IP compliant. Getting all the veggies in is hard when eating out, but I did eat at least one salad a day. That was easy to do in the college cafeterias with their salad bars.

So...I'm about to go WI. It's been two weeks. Was hoping for a loss, but at this point, I'll be greatful if I maintained. We walked A LOT...I hit over 10,000 steps 6 of the 8 days while gone, including tons of stairs. Those college tours are awesome for that.

Back to plan...working hard to my goal. It's hard to have some cheats and then get back to plan. However, I did shop for smaller clothes before going and was able to get into sizes that I haven't seen in a very long time. I cried in the dressing room...happy tears!! Hoping they're all too big soon though.

Anyway...hope everyone had a great couple of weeks!

Working hard to get to my tropical vacation!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.