Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I started on Feb. 26th. Have been 100% the whole time. Dropped out of ketosis for about 3 weeks because I had too many carbs from restricted once a day and too much romaine. But now back in and doing great!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Has anyone else having struggles lately? I've stayed OP but this week I've had lot's of almost moments. I've almost "cheated" more times. I had a day yesterday where I just felt totally famished! I was starving. I was so worried I had somehow gotten out of ketosis (maybe just by thinking about eating the stupid cookie) anyway it's been rough.
I felt that way a couple weeks ago... Awful cravings! I almost caved and went out for pizza and beer one night. Stayed strong but it was so hard! Thank goodness those cravings went away! I dealt with it by going to bed early a lot... Sending you willpower!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #123  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I started on Feb. 26th. Have been 100% the whole time. Dropped out of ketosis for about 3 weeks because I had too many carbs from restricted once a day and too much romaine. But now back in and doing great!
One day like that wouldn't drop someone out of Ketosis for 3 weeks.

Lettuce is unlimited and one restricted per day is OP. Only a small number of people are so carb sensitive they can't have restricteds. For most of us, a planned treat (one restricted) helps keep us OP
Old 05-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #124  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Still battling cravings and hunger. It shocks me that almost 12 weeks OP and I'm struggling harder now than at any other time. I remember my coach saying at some point "I know you're not hungry now, but remember you will be again" I wonder if this is what he meant and if so he could have warned me that it'd be worse than during transition... It's been a week or more now. I keep thinking TOM must be coming cause it's so bad, but no sign of TOM yet, which is also weird since I was having TOM like every other week and now I've had nothing for a couple weeks and its my regularly scheduled TOM time! Then I start thinking that maybe it's because I switched to alternatives... my losses have slowed a little and maybe I've done something wrong with alternatives... but so many others use them that I can't imagine they wouldn't work for me... pffffft the diet is starting to play mind games on me. I don't know if I'm weakening mentally I don't know if everyone experiences this, I just know that I want desperately to lose 12 more lbs and meet onederland before my vacation.. I know I know my body will decide. But darn it I WANT it!!!! I have worked hard and I deserve it. If my body wants to have a slump it can weight till I weigh 199lbs!!!! SHEESH lol
Old 05-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #125  
AmberLS

Oh and I guess I should note I haven't fully switched to alternatives, I use both!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #126  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
One day like that wouldn't drop someone out of Ketosis for 3 weeks.

Lettuce is unlimited and one restricted per day is OP. Only a small number of people are so carb sensitive they can't have restricteds. For most of us, a planned treat (one restricted) helps keep us OP
I have been having a very foggy brain lately. Really absent minded and not thinking clearly. Yesterday in a rush to get out the door I grabbed a bar, which I never do. In the afternoon, again in a rush I ate my fave lemon wafers. Later that night I realized I had two restricted? plus having one of the occasional veggies last night at dinner!

I was so worried that I did a ketostix this morning and all is still good. Phew!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #127  

Quote:
Oh and I guess I should note I haven't fully switched to alternatives, I use both!
I bought alternatives for DH so I ended up mixing some into my program too and I had my lowest loss ever. Could be coincidence. It was TOM for me too but it has made me second guess myself and other than one bar, I have stayed all IP since my last WI.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hang on AmberLS & Chipndip! Don't give up now, this is only temporary, there WILL BE more progress, even if you feel crappy at the moment.

Liana
Old 05-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 235/170

Red face Started Feb28

I started this program with less than super enthusiasm. Last year I lost 45 lbs low carbing, gained it back as quickly as I lost it. I need a knee replacement and my doctor is convinced weight loss will help. I dont think it will, but thats a whole other subject. I am now down 33 lbs, still not fired up, but I think I will get there :-) I chose the IP program because of the maintenance,I can lose, but keeping it off is the key. I have lost 18" inches total off of my body, so that is encouraging.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 235/170

[email protected]
Old 05-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschick0925 View Post
Well I have officially screwed up......

I have been on a two day carb binge, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

I am so mad at myself....I've had everything from donuts to pizza - I know I've gained at least 3-5 pounds in the last two days. Have had 3 sodas!

I have been on this program for so long, why now?! I don't even know what triggered it.

All I know to do is get back on track tomorrow, and don't turn back. This is ALWAYS how my weight has come back!!

Someone HELP!! This cannot be happening again!!

It seems that several of us (that started in February) have hit this big craving urge at about the same time. Maybe something just happens about this far into the diet... I just know that I don't want to give up and I don't want to gain back what I had lost. I had a three day carb binge this week and feel sick about it. Emotionally and physically. It triggered a migraine, even. I am also getting back on track. Like you, I don't like feeling this way.

We are stronger than we know! Don't give up! Think of other areas in your like that you have accomplished big goals and achievements and know that you can do the same with weight loss.

I'm jumping back on track, too. We can do it!
Old 05-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #132  
AmberLS

Maybe there is something... like a 10-12 week wall, I know that there is a lag in the 4-6 week somewhere for most. Between slowed losses, hunger, ridiculous cravings, almost slip ups, and almost feeling a little depressed it's just not my couple of weeks. I really hope Tom is starting soon just because at least then it makes since. However I so far have had my biggest losses the week before and the week of TOM so who knows what is going on. I'll just keep trucking a long.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #133  

A bit of diet fatigue I suppose but this is supposed to be a lifestyle change and if I fall back on junk food and what is easy in maintenance all this work will be for nothing.

I just survived watching people eat a whole bunch of things that I won't mention here because I don't want to entice anyone. At first I was jealous. And then I looked at how every one of them was extremely overweight and I don't want to look like that anymore! I enjoyed my chicken without skin and salad. Home now and cooking my veggies. Deciding what IP treat I will have.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #134  
AmberLS

I'm trying hard not to deprive my children of what's good for them, but cutting up that watermelon today almost spelled disaster!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
I'm trying hard not to deprive my children of what's good for them, but cutting up that watermelon today almost spelled disaster!
It's OK Amber, you are getting closer to goal, you will be able to work in the fruit on Phase 3 & maintenance
Closed Thread