Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 07:35 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Be sure to post updates about how you feel with the alternative plan. I hope it helps you feel better!
Thanks! Will do! Good luck to you as well!
Old 04-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #47  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Just walked a 5k in an hour, goal for next year... jog
Old 04-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Congrats AmberLS!
Old 04-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
9 weeks on the program and I think I'm in the "zone" now... We went to a dinner party last night at an Italian restaurant and I wasn't even tempted to cheat. I had a bowl of grilled cauliflower and asparagus and drank my water. In the past, I would have been miserable watching everyone else eat bread, pasta and yummy desserts but it was great! I had a fabulous time visiting and while the food smelled delicious, my bowl of cauliflower was perfectly on plan and I have no regrets this morning!
I'm with you murphypuppy. I have gotten to a place where I can go out and not be tempted to cheat (with planning ahead). In the beginning I didn't know if that would happen. I had lost 25 pounds as of WI 8. WI 9 is on Monday. Seeing the results is motivating! I have never experienced this success with any other diet program. I wish you continued success
Old 04-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

The other night we had grilled steak, and I use to LOVE A1 sauce. While today I was packing some of the leftover meat into a to go container before we headed out and apparently some of the meat had A1 sauce on it and I snuck a bite, not knowing it was an A1 piece, and it was awful! Haha funny how in such a short time period how my taste buds have changed!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:42 PM   #51  
AmberLS

So anyone else get TOM every other week, as in TOM for a week, stop for a week then tom for a week.. seriously tonight marks the end of week 8 and well I think this is my 5th TOM.... and I don't mean a little spotting! I know it's a good sign and that makes it slightly less irritating.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Fantastic!
I love small goals. Some people would want to go from walking 5K to marathon in a year and push too hard too fast and end up with sports injuries. I had to go REALLY slow due to muscle weakness and back pain. Not sure if running is for my body type but a nice brisk walk is!

The great thing about IP is low carb lowers inflammation in the body, which can reduce injury as well

Congrats!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #53  

Default alternative products list

Quote:
That would be great!!!

AmberTS - I could use an alternative list as well - this diet is breaking me.
I don't have enough posts to private message you. Are we able to lose weight and eat food in moderation in the future like lasagna, etc. I want to lose weight and keep it off; however, to eat food in moderation later sounds like it wont be possible.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #54  

Default Alternative - after awhile the products on IP get boring and my store is always out

Some other products have different flavors of coffee drinks and mixing with iced coffee makes them so wonderful. Same carbs and sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I use a combo of 3 or 4 different brands. I wrote out a long list of ones that are IP compliant with net carb count, calories and fat. I have a 5 hour layover at an airport this weekend - I will message it over to you then if you want.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #55  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Last week I was surrounded by temptations and I ignored them. A three day tournament this past weekend and I planned and packed for it. Today I am really struggling. I am sure I am just tired. But I always step on the scale Mo day morning (WI day is Wednesday) and it hasn't budged. So disappointing. I also have to watch myself and my mood. The lack of calories and low blood sugar sure can turn me nasty pretty quick.

I know I will snap out if it after dinner when I have a hot meal. My soup at lunch just wasn't enough.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #56  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
So anyone else get TOM every other week, as in TOM for a week, stop for a week then tom for a week.. seriously tonight marks the end of week 8 and well I think this is my 5th TOM.... and I don't mean a little spotting! I know it's a good sign and that makes it slightly less irritating.
Not exactly the same but I was barely having TOM every 3 months before IP. In 8 weeks I have had it 3 times. The only good thing is it doesn't appear to effect the scale for me. But it is still a pain!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:05 PM   #57  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Fantastic!
I love small goals. Some people would want to go from walking 5K to marathon in a year and push too hard too fast and end up with sports injuries. I had to go REALLY slow due to muscle weakness and back pain. Not sure if running is for my body type but a nice brisk walk is!

The great thing about IP is low carb lowers inflammation in the body, which can reduce injury as well

Congrats!
Ya I started this because I have some major back problems and they were looking at surgery, but I feel great. Not a back pain in 6 weeks or more. Walking a 5k was big and I wasn't even sore after. I don't think any marathons are in my future but if I could jog a 5k that would be an amazing leap of health.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #58  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Konopski View Post
AmberTS - I could use an alternative list as well - this diet is breaking me.
I don't have enough posts to private message you. Are we able to lose weight and eat food in moderation in the future like lasagna, etc. I want to lose weight and keep it off; however, to eat food in moderation later sounds like it wont be possible.
murphypuppy posted the list on the alternatives page! I saved it on my computer. It was a huge help when ordering today!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #59  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by danilynn View Post
my doc says that spotting is normal.. i on the other hand do not think its normal. lol. So mine have been where i spot for 1.5 weeks, then full TOM comes and it only hangs for 3 days then i am done. In the beginning when i started, i think it was because of the diet, my body getting used to the hormones or lack there of etc, now that i have been dieting consistently for 2 months.. the spotting is starting to get less and less.
My doc informed me about it and says that losing fat means losing the hormones stored in fat. I don't spot, I literally have a period they are actually heavier then the periods I normally have off IP. I'm even on birth control (to control hormones) but I think I'm going quit taking the birth control it seem pointless since it's not controlling anything lol.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
My doc informed me about it and says that losing fat means losing the hormones stored in fat. I don't spot, I literally have a period they are actually heavier then the periods I normally have off IP. I'm even on birth control (to control hormones) but I think I'm going quit taking the birth control it seem pointless since it's not controlling anything lol.
Wow.....I have experienced this too. Glad I'm not the only one.....was starting to think something was wrong. I asked my Doctor about it too last Friday and she said the same thing. Mine are heavier, a lot heavier and a lot longer than a normal period. I guess we should be happy though, since we are still losing and losing how we are supposed too. I am on birth control too (got on them when I was 17 because of cramping and heavy periods) and it's not helping me either. Definetly glad to hear this is happening to other people though!
Closed Thread