Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #76  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
"Thanks! Three days for me, too, and this week is just dragging. We have what is shaping up to be a difficult parent meeting tomorrow after our weekly pointless waste-of-time called a faculty meeting. Then I am out at a math meeting all day Thursday. I am also stressing about ending my year with my eighth grade. A challenging group of kids, for sure, so i am struggling with how to best wrap up their year in math and language arts and prepare them for high school."

Renee, so funny! I had my useless faculty meeting today, a parent tried to give me heck(but backed down), and I am at an all day evaluation meeting on Thurs. I think we have earned our break! Biggest frustration is that the kids just do not do their work outside of class. (I get 20 turned in on time/80)

Question for you, do you know of a bar that can be used for an unrestricted?
We definitely have earned our break! I, too, have the issue with lack of work being completed and with very poor quality work. (Not to the point of only 25% completion, but still low.) I am just feeling so burned out at this point! Two and a half more days!

I do not know of a bar that I would be willing to use as unrestricted. I know some of the Quest bars straddle the line, but I do not remember which they are. (I only like two flavors of the Quest bars.) The Quest bar thread should have more information. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
After reading about your long and busy week, I misinterpreted your last question. I thought you were looking for a bar that served IP-friendly cocktails, as if there were such a thing!
LOL! Great way to start my Wednesday! And I need one of those IP friendly cocktails and the IP Bar!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
I use the EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes I use a little bit of the vanilla in my coffee on the days I don't work then drink the rest of that container later in the day as my other product..I love tons of creamer in my coffee but of course there is not legal creamer that I know of on IP .. I have some of the Chocolate ones but I have not tried them yet I keep one in the frig at all times for emergencies.. I also am having success eating the Quest bars gotta watch cause some have to many carbs even when u minus the fiber but they are a great alternative product for me
I can't drink my coffee or tea without creamer so I use the RTD vanilla shake as a substitute... I love it! I don't put enough in to affect my losses..
Old 04-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgirl View Post
Thank you! What about EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control? Kind of trialing these, have been drinking one for breakfast and sometimes one for a snack. Vanilla is OK (decent cold), Chocolate Fudge flavor is of course, much better. One shake = 17g protein, 2.5g net carbs, 100cal. They are RTD so pretty convenient. And got them at Sam's Club (I get a discount for membership through employer, we don't have Costcos nearby) so they were really affordable compared to IP. Some coworkers are doing IP and have such great success, and then finding this website I'm definitely convinced this has potential.
These shakes are the only thing I use for bfast (cafe caramel and french vanilla in my coffee!!), I then have a shake in the evenings (either chocolate fudge or dark chocolate) and have them really really cold! It's a great treat. I still use the IP foods during the day. I usually have a bar or a bag of the IP chips. I have stayed consisten with my weight loss. Highly recommend these shakes!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #79  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Can we switch dinner and lunch?
Old 04-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #80  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Yes, lot of people do that! If it works better for you, go for it.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Of course you can. I usually do that on the weekends or if I am having a team lunch at work.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #82  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

thank you ladies!
Old 04-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Is it okay to eat the pre-cooked chicken strips (not the marinated ones) that you find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store? I'm often in a pinch on soccer nights and they would be easy to saute with some veggies.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Is it okay to eat the pre-cooked chicken strips (not the marinated ones) that you find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store? I'm often in a pinch on soccer nights and they would be easy to saute with some veggies.
I have used the pre-cooked chicken before and it did not make a difference in my weight loss for the week....Just make sure it is chicken BREASTS!! I accidentally bought chicken fajita meat once that was pre-cooked and ate some, maybe 2 ounces. It was disgusting though because it wasn't lean. I looked at the package and it had thigh meat in it. So I quit eating it!! Hope this helps! Lean lunch meat works well too when you are in a pinch!
Old 04-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #85  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschick0925 View Post
I have used the pre-cooked chicken before and it did not make a difference in my weight loss for the week....Just make sure it is chicken BREASTS!! I accidentally bought chicken fajita meat once that was pre-cooked and ate some, maybe 2 ounces. It was disgusting though because it wasn't lean. I looked at the package and it had thigh meat in it. So I quit eating it!! Hope this helps! Lean lunch meat works well too when you are in a pinch!
I would add that you want to carefully read the ingredients. The one I looked at the other day (I don't remember which brand) had all kinds of stuff I couldn't pronounce in it! You might be better off on a weekend just cooking up a ton of chicken breasts and freezing them in portion sized bags for quick dinners.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I would add that you want to carefully read the ingredients. The one I looked at the other day (I don't remember which brand) had all kinds of stuff I couldn't pronounce in it! You might be better off on a weekend just cooking up a ton of chicken breasts and freezing them in portion sized bags for quick dinners.
I was learning towards doing that since a lot of those pre-cooked chicken strips are in a "solution" to keep them fresher longer, and the quality of the meat is just not all that good. I look so forward to my dinners that I might as well have the good stuff, right?? I think I will be cooking up a bunch of chicken breasts this weekend!
Old 04-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #87  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Anyone else find they do some silly things on weigh in days? I try and pick my "lightest" clothes. I make sure I pee right before and I hardly eat or drink in the few hours before I go. I remember at WW wrong ins how many women would be taking layers off. Every ounce counts!
Old 04-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #88  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Default WI uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Anyone else find they do some silly things on weigh in days? I try and pick my "lightest" clothes. I make sure I pee right before and I hardly eat or drink in the few hours before I go. I remember at WW wrong ins how many women would be taking layers off. Every ounce counts!
I've worn the exact same clothes for each weigh-in. Yoga pants and a matching T-shirt. I just bought yoga pants in smaller size but that will still be my WI uniform.

And, I've been known to save my afternoon snack until "after"

Old 04-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #89  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I'm hoping Lisa is ok? Im used to the next days thread being posted nice and early!

NSV. My husband is starting on Monday with alternatives. I've been trying not to push him. This plan only works when you personally commit to it. He hates salad so I am a little concerned. I'd never get him in to a coach so I figure we can mix and match IP an alternatives together.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #90  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Default Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I'm hoping Lisa is ok? Im used to the next days thread being posted nice and early!
Yes, also wondered about Lisa.

Hoping that she won the lotto and is on her way to a cruise to Fiji or somewhere warm.
Closed Thread