Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Nope..it's kind of a "zesty" taste if that makes sense.
nope not spicy! It's definitely got some zest and an almost citrus zing to it. If that makes sense.

DCS, I'll have to try it with ground meat tonight! I made a salad dressing/meat marinade with Olive Oil, Sumac, Oregano, Basil, Salt and Garlic. As much fresh as I can use.

Last edited by ems70508; 04-08-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Default The Protein Store?

Do any of you order from www.theproteinstore.com? Their prices seem much higher than nashua or netrition, but I like the concept of shake or smoothie in a bottle. It sounds like a bottle with powder... you add water and shake, then can throw away the bottle. I don't remember seeing those before.

The site also have an option to pick six products to sample for free. I picked six, but didn't actually order anything else.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 278/247/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisado View Post
My favorite alternative is Premier Protein chocolate drinks from Costco.
11 oz. and 160 calories, 2 net carbs. Much cheaper than IP drinks and those taste fine.

Welcome to IP
Thank you! What about EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control? Kind of trialing these, have been drinking one for breakfast and sometimes one for a snack. Vanilla is OK (decent cold), Chocolate Fudge flavor is of course, much better. One shake = 17g protein, 2.5g net carbs, 100cal. They are RTD so pretty convenient. And got them at Sam's Club (I get a discount for membership through employer, we don't have Costcos nearby) so they were really affordable compared to IP. Some coworkers are doing IP and have such great success, and then finding this website I'm definitely convinced this has potential.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #49  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Do any of you order from www.theproteinstore.com? Their prices seem much higher than nashua or netrition, but I like the concept of shake or smoothie in a bottle. It sounds like a bottle with powder... you add water and shake, then can throw away the bottle. I don't remember seeing those before.

The site also have an option to pick six products to sample for free. I picked six, but didn't actually order anything else.
I like the idea of the Orange Drink cause I miss eating fruit.. I will defiantly give that a try next time I place an order But NO I have not yet ordered from The Protein Store
Old 04-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgirl View Post
Thank you! What about EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control? Kind of trialing these, have been drinking one for breakfast and sometimes one for a snack. Vanilla is OK (decent cold), Chocolate Fudge flavor is of course, much better. One shake = 17g protein, 2.5g net carbs, 100cal. They are RTD so pretty convenient. And got them at Sam's Club (I get a discount for membership through employer, we don't have Costcos nearby) so they were really affordable compared to IP. Some coworkers are doing IP and have such great success, and then finding this website I'm definitely convinced this has potential.
I used EAS carb control along with IP products as I wanted some RTDs that were gluten free and EAS CC shakes are that.

The vanilla, choc or cafe carmel are all delish if you take to a coffee shop and have them use THAT (instead of their milk and flavoring) with the espresso shots...for a steamed latte. Wish I knew to do that LAST year when I was using them daily...but at any rate..it is something to try.

Recently I bought my own frother and now make them at home a few times a week...It's a nice alternative to a coffee shop latte full of calories and fat...(and if they ONLY use the RTD as you instruct them...it is IP compliant!) Nice way to start the day once in a while.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

What is the scoop on horseradish? My coach says no but I've seen it in IP recipies
Old 04-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #52  
AlaskaLadyie

Quote:
I use the EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes I use a little bit of the vanilla in my coffee on the days I don't work then drink the rest of that container later in the day as my other product..I love tons of creamer in my coffee but of course there is not legal creamer that I know of on IP .. I have some of the Chocolate ones but I have not tried them yet I keep one in the frig at all times for emergencies.. I also am having success eating the Quest bars gotta watch cause some have to many carbs even when u minus the fiber but they are a great alternative product for me
Old 04-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #53  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
nope not spicy! It's definitely got some zest and an almost citrus zing to it. If that makes sense.

DCS, I'll have to try it with ground meat tonight! I made a salad dressing/meat marinade with Olive Oil, Sumac, Oregano, Basil, Salt and Garlic. As much fresh as I can use.
Sounds delicious!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
Thanks JLUS. I definitely learnt a lot on what kind of instructions to be given to the chef. The first 4 or 5 days were really tough and I was sad that all my hard work was thrown away.

I will probably cut some protein from my dinner tonight.

Thanks for responding.
FYI - your hard work has NOT been thwarted by what you described at the Mongolian BBQ. A little extra, unplanned oil and some tofu are not going to do anything to your losses, especially since you ARE subtracting the tofu from your evening protein and aren't adding any oil to anything else today.

RELAX or the stress itself could make you gain!!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #55  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Popping in for a quick hello. I am really enjoying my new exercise routine and scale break. hope all is well with everyone.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #56  
AlaskaLadyie

is there a LEGAL Chewing GUM..... I miss something sweet after lunch and supper YES YEs I have a HUGE Sweet tooth...... I find gum helps but I can not find a Chewing Gum that does NOT have Aspartame in it BLAH
Old 04-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #57  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I need to repeat this all day long until it sinks into my stubborn little brain: "I WILL NOT GET ON THE SCALE EVERY DAY! I WILL ONLY USE MY OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN!"

Someone talk me down from this .5 gain and remind me NOT to get on the scale every day!!!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!
Hey, don't beat yourself up. We have all done it. Definitely avoid daily weighing while on program; however, it can be a useful tool when maintaining, and many people do weight daily on maintenance. It helps keep us honest and aware, especially once you can step back and see the number as a data point on your lifetime journey of a healthy weight.

You are doing great! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natta1125 View Post
Hi! I don't post often, more of a reader than poster... But today I have a question! I don't go out to eat often, and when I do it's usually to restaurants that I have no problem sticking to the plan. Today I am meeting some friends at Panera for dinner.... I'm on phase one and haven't had Panera since I started a month ago. I was just wondering what you guys order if you go to Panera?
I have had a green salad with extra veggies and grilled chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisado View Post
Feeling good this morning. WI yesterday and I met my original goat set by coach and today starts P3.

Going to get real food for breakfast in a few minutes. I've really missed my yogurt.
Good luck and congrats! You will do great on P3. Enjoy your breakfasts!

Quote:
I am new, and haven't started just yet, still reading and getting organized so I can be successful. However, I thought I'd share that I got an email from Nashua Nutrition - free shipping on orders $49+ today, code "TODAY49" at checkout. I have been reading extensively through the forums so I plan to order some alternatives, just thought I'd share since I didn't see it posted yet! It says "today only" though I am sure they offer similar promos periodically. Have a good day everyone!
Thanks, and welcome! I have loved ordering from Nashua. I enjoy the ProtiDiet banana bread bars, cereals, wafers, chicken noodle soup, and shakes. Best of luck!

Quote:
My husband used the EAS shakes with great success. I did not like the flavor of them, but they should be fine. I also use the lower sugar Detour bars as a restricted snack. I love the caramel nut bars!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Renee, love the positive support that you give to everyone! 3 days until spring break for me, can not wait.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I need to repeat this all day long until it sinks into my stubborn little brain: "I WILL NOT GET ON THE SCALE EVERY DAY! I WILL ONLY USE MY OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN!"

I am doing IP with alternatives, and my self-imposed official weigh-in day is Monday. I lost 6.6 pounds the first week. Got on the scale yesterday morning for official weigh-in #2, and I was down 2.3. I got on the scale this morning and I was up .5. Now I am a rational person who knows that the .5 gain is probably water retention because I have been 100% OP since starting, but there is an irritational part of me (that has tried AND FAILED at numerous diets) that is messing with my brain and making me so fearful that this diet won't work...that this past 2 weeks is it. I've always been able to lose weight on the first few weeks of a diet. After that, nothing. It's hard to trust in the diet when so many have failed me before (or I have self-sabotaged).

Someone talk me down from this .5 gain and remind me NOT to get on the scale every day!!!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!
I asked my husband to take the scale and hide it since Day 1. I weighed like 5 times a day knowing full well that is just ridiculous! But I did it anyways. On my WI days, I ask him to put it out in the morning so HE can see how much I weigh before I drink anything...and without clothes. Now, he looks at the number, but not me. My WI is at 9:30am...so I give him a call on my home. I tell him the number from my official IP WI and he tells me what I had at home. May sound complicated, but I like it this way. I always way a little less at home...I'm sure since it's first thing in the morning and I'm naked!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

WI #5 today! -1.8 lbs. Total 15 lbs so far! I always want more, but I'll take 15 lbs in 5 weeks. Haven't been able to lose that much weight in years.

Feeling very grateful for this opportunity, thankful to have found IP (and this forum), and excited for the next WI!

Pauline
Closed Thread