IP daily chat Tuesday 4/8/2014

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: WI #5 today! -1.8 lbs. Total 15 lbs so far! I always want more, but I'll take 15 lbs in 5 weeks. Haven't been able to lose that much weight in years.

Feeling very grateful for this opportunity, thankful to have found IP (and this forum), and excited for the next WI!

Pauline
    WOO WOO!!! Keep it up!!
  • Quote: hehe sorry...JARS of Sumac (a lot)! Not a different type of spice!
    LOL too funny........duh!!!
  • ARGH! I've come down with the worst case of full-on laryngitis I've ever had. It was threatening Sunday and yesterday, and by the end of the day today, I had effectively no voice left. I think it's a combination of IP (my skin has been unusually dry for at least a couple of weeks), dry weather, impending TOM, and spring break ending (didn't have to talk all day, every day for 10 days!) Lemon green tea is definitely on the menu for a few days. WI is the day after tomorrow, so I can ask my coach then if it doesn't get better....

Speaking of my coach: lisa32989, my coach thinks your packet zucchini muffins are amazingly creative and she'd like the recipe to pass along to other IPers. Would you mind if I gave it to her?
  • Quote: WI #5 today! -1.8 lbs. Total 15 lbs so far! I always want more, but I'll take 15 lbs in 5 weeks. Haven't been able to lose that much weight in years.

Feeling very grateful for this opportunity, thankful to have found IP (and this forum), and excited for the next WI!

Pauline
    Losing THREE POUNDS PER WEEK for five weeks in a row is an amazing accomplishment!! Congrats!
  • Quote: ARGH! I've come down with the worst case of full-on laryngitis I've ever had. It was threatening Sunday and yesterday, and by the end of the day today, I had effectively no voice left. I think it's a combination of IP (my skin has been unusually dry for at least a couple of weeks), dry weather, impending TOM, and spring break ending (didn't have to talk all day, every day for 10 days!) Lemon green tea is definitely on the menu for a few days. WI is the day after tomorrow, so I can ask my coach then if it doesn't get better....

Speaking of my coach: lisa32989, my coach thinks your packet zucchini muffins are amazingly creative and she'd like the recipe to pass along to other IPers. Would you mind if I gave it to her?
    It's not really my recipe. I found it here!
  • Quote: Renee, love the positive support that you give to everyone! 3 days until spring break for me, can not wait.
    Thanks! Three days for me, too, and this week is just dragging. We have what is shaping up to be a difficult parent meeting tomorrow after our weekly pointless waste-of-time called a faculty meeting. Then I am out at a math meeting all day Thursday. I am also stressing about ending my year with my eighth grade. A challenging group of kids, for sure, so i am struggling with how to best wrap up their year in math and language arts and prepare them for high school.

Enjoy your three days and (more importantly) your break!

Quote: I asked my husband to take the scale and hide it since Day 1. I weighed like 5 times a day knowing full well that is just ridiculous! But I did it anyways. On my WI days, I ask him to put it out in the morning so HE can see how much I weigh before I drink anything...and without clothes. Now, he looks at the number, but not me. My WI is at 9:30am...so I give him a call on my home. I tell him the number from my official IP WI and he tells me what I had at home. May sound complicated, but I like it this way. I always way a little less at home...I'm sure since it's first thing in the morning and I'm naked!
    Hey, it sounds like you have developed a plan that really works for you. Excellent!

Quote: WI #5 today! -1.8 lbs. Total 15 lbs so far! I always want more, but I'll take 15 lbs in 5 weeks. Haven't been able to lose that much weight in years.

Pauline
    Way to go! Amazing losses!

Quote: ARGH! I've come down with the worst case of full-on laryngitis I've ever had. It was threatening Sunday and yesterday, and by the end of the day today, I had effectively no voice left. I think it's a combination of IP (my skin has been unusually dry for at least a couple of weeks), dry weather, impending TOM, and spring break ending (didn't have to talk all day, every day for 10 days!) Lemon green tea is definitely on the menu for a few days. WI is the day after tomorrow, so I can ask my coach then if it doesn't get better..
    Any chance it may be related to allergy season?
  • Quote: is there a LEGAL Chewing GUM..... I miss something sweet after lunch and supper YES YEs I have a HUGE Sweet tooth...... I find gum helps but I can not find a Chewing Gum that does NOT have Aspartame in it BLAH
    IP allows Spry gum but not unlimited. Not even suggested for everyday. It is sweetened with xylitol. I bought it at a health food store. 1.7 calories. .72 carbs, .72 xylitol. I looked at Pur gum as it is xylitol too but 5 calories a piece.

The Spry recommendation was found in the "chats" that follow my daily videos back when they talked about bad breath from ketosis.
  • Quote: My mother used to use a diet drink mix called "Alba." It never worked for her -- maybe because she used to use it as a base for milk-shakes with ice cream.

See where I inherited my problem??
    You are funny! I got a chuckle out of this! Thanks...made my evening!
  • "Thanks! Three days for me, too, and this week is just dragging. We have what is shaping up to be a difficult parent meeting tomorrow after our weekly pointless waste-of-time called a faculty meeting. Then I am out at a math meeting all day Thursday. I am also stressing about ending my year with my eighth grade. A challenging group of kids, for sure, so i am struggling with how to best wrap up their year in math and language arts and prepare them for high school."

Renee, so funny! I had my useless faculty meeting today, a parent tried to give me heck(but backed down), and I am at an all day evaluation meeting on Thurs. I think we have earned our break! Biggest frustration is that the kids just do not do their work outside of class. (I get 20 turned in on time/80)

Question for you, do you know of a bar that can be used for an unrestricted?
  • Quote: Any chance it may be related to allergy season?
    I've never had allergies before, and I don't have sniffles/itchy eyes/sneezing/etc.

Actually, a quick chat with Professor Google suggests my post-Nexium reflux rebound might be at fault.
  • Oh I wish Friday would get here, spring break can not come fast enough. Ready to relax and enjoy some time with my kids.
  • Quote: "Thanks! Three days for me, too, and this week is just dragging. We have what is shaping up to be a difficult parent meeting tomorrow after our weekly pointless waste-of-time called a faculty meeting. Then I am out at a math meeting all day Thursday. I am also stressing about ending my year with my eighth grade. A challenging group of kids, for sure, so i am struggling with how to best wrap up their year in math and language arts and prepare them for high school."

Renee, so funny! I had my useless faculty meeting today, a parent tried to give me heck(but backed down), and I am at an all day evaluation meeting on Thurs. I think we have earned our break! Biggest frustration is that the kids just do not do their work outside of class. (I get 20 turned in on time/80)

Question for you, do you know of a bar that can be used for an unrestricted?
    After reading about your long and busy week, I misinterpreted your last question. I thought you were looking for a bar that served IP-friendly cocktails, as if there were such a thing!
  • Thank you..for the information about the Spry gum . i will see if our local health food store has it or see about ordering on line... Not for every day but just once in a while Thanks
  • http://cathe.com/veggie-fast-track-s...the-table-fast

http://cathe.com/5-common-cardiovasc...takes-to-avoid

http://cathe.com/obesity-and-carbohy...es-differently
  • Quote: After reading about your long and busy week, I misinterpreted your last question. I thought you were looking for a bar that served IP-friendly cocktails, as if there were such a thing!
    so funny! Mars, you started my day with a great laugh. No, I am looking for an alternative protein bar, that is unrestricted.