Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #46  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
I am so hungry so so hungry.... I sure dream of getting tot he place you all are taking about where 4 cups of vegetables iis to much........I could eat a whole large frozen bag of any kind of vegetables plus a large bowl of Lettuce
I will I will keep pushing on
I sooo feel the same as you. Before this diet my husband and I would eat like a head of broccoli each, if not some more veggies on the side. I have to measure my veggies carefully to control myself. I've always loved all of them and it is hard to hold back sometimes.
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #47  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
Good morning everyone! I was wondering if someone can tell me why we cannot have Jello sugar free jello? Thanks
Hunts brand snack packs, the sugar free kind... they are made with sucralose instead of aspartame... they are ok, ate them when I was sick.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #48  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
.....the diet to lose...& then there's your diet for life.

Depends on how much of things like curly fries you want to eat...you can taste just about anything at some point...problem is...will you be satisfied?

How overweight are you now...and how long have you been overweight? Are you insulin resistant...which a lot of very overweight people are.

The maintainers thread is a dose of realism. It is not just IP realism...but deals realistically with what made you overweight originally. Heading in to the future with out making some major adjustments to change behaviors that got you where you are now might mean your head needs more time. Your body won't be able to listen if your head is not where it needs to be.

Some "graduates" of IP have made 180 degree lifestyle changes and are off and running to a great life-ever-after of health and happiness at a normal (even slim) weight. If they stay on track. And you will be able to read words of wisdom from some who slipped back to old ways. Some find themselves back here...or looking for another diet.

IP will get the weight off faster and better in most cases than any other diet you might try...what happens down the road depends on decision making and attitude adjustments. The ones who do well feel blessed to have found a thinner life...and do not feel deprived. The trade off is worth it to those who decide to adopt a healthy diet for the future.
But if your goal is fries as part of your diet again, and that means more to your happiness...you may not be ready for this or any diet. Your own metabolism will determine how often and how big a bite of something is safe for your maintenance.
You are always so insightful!!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I am so hungry so so hungry.... I sure dream of getting tot he place you all are taking about where 4 cups of vegetables iis to much........I could eat a whole large frozen bag of any kind of vegetables plus a large bowl of Lettuce
I was the same way until just this weekend (Days 13 and 14). The ravenous feeling finally eased up and I am just "normal" hungry for my meals. Hang in there...it WILL get better!!
MarylandMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #50  
AmberLS

So I was asking my coach today if he wants to phase me off before I go on my vacation in June. I will be at about 85% of my goal, and plan to return to IP after I return, but I figured he'd want to phase me off. He said no, that I should just add a few carbs the day before and get my body used to it. He said I should enjoy my vacation and when I come back we will jump back on the wagon, lose the last 20-30 I need to lose and then phase off. Sounds like a good plan I guess. I'm getting so excited for my vacation and for what my body will look like. I already feel more comfortable in a swimsuit (had to buy a smaller one this weekend and expect to buy a smaller one before I go once or twice).
Old 04-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #51  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

The ladies at my work weigh in every Monday. They saw my weight and asked me how much I've lost, in how much time.

They think I'm losing weight to quickly and it's not healthy, but they say they can really notice the loss in my face and tummy area.

I love them, they just worry too much.

On a side note I was busy all weekend organising. I gave a lot of stuff to my best friend (gave her 3 bags of ********** since I won`t be using it for awhile). I also have a few things to take to work and leave.

My muscles are really sore from cleaning up the backyard all Sunday and going swimming with my boys, I was starving yesterday and was wondering if I should have an extra packet, but didn`t. It`s too expensive. Really considering just placing a huge order from NashuaNutrition.com for the alternatives. I have to buy a lot at once, because the shipping cost is $40 at least to Canada.

Any favorites?

Last edited by kaylynt; 04-07-2014 at 07:47 PM.
kaylynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #52  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I was the same way until just this weekend (Days 13 and 14). The ravenous feeling finally eased up and I am just "normal" hungry for my meals. Hang in there...it WILL get better!!
Thank you for the words of encouragement... I appreciate it very much ..I of tough Montana Farm stock so I will do my best to keep it up and look to next week for relief from this hungry feeling
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #53  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64peppergirl View Post
I sooo feel the same as you. Before this diet my husband and I would eat like a head of broccoli each, if not some more veggies on the side. I have to measure my veggies carefully to control myself. I've always loved all of them and it is hard to hold back sometimes.
64pepper have u tried boiling cauliflower or radishes and mashing them like mashed potatoes... It is so good... I do not like radishes raw but cooked they are good I have done the big white ones and the smaller red radishes.. I just put salt and pepper on them and yum yum... Cauliflower and broccoli give me gas but if I have the next day off I can eat them then toot toot all by my self the next day he he
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #54  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
64pepper have u tried boiling cauliflower or radishes and mashing them like mashed potatoes... It is so good... I do not like radishes raw but cooked they are good I have done the big white ones and the smaller red radishes.. I just put salt and pepper on them and yum yum... Cauliflower and broccoli give me gas but if I have the next day off I can eat them then toot toot all by my self the next day he he
Hehe, your post just made me laugh out loud.."toot toot." I love mashed cauliflower..just had some tonight.
dcs0826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #55  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
You've got me really curious. I've never had mashed radishes but is on my "to try" list now. Thanks for the tip!
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrztina View Post
Hello everyone. I stated IP on Friday, April 4th. I spent the weekend reading a number of the IP threads here.

I'm short, so I'm only looking to loose 30 lbs. Those extra 30lbs registred a 32% BMI = obese! I'm tired of being uncomfortable and I refuse to go up another pants size. Exercising and calorie counting didn't show more than a 5 lb. fluxation in my weight, so it was time to try something new.

So far I really like the IP diet. I haven't felt the urge to cheat and I've honestly never ate such a large volume of food. 4 cups of veggies is a lot! I'm really going to try hard not to cheat so that I can move on as quickly as possible.

Christina
Christina-
I only have 30ish to lose too. We have similar stats and I had to go off plan twice now due to medical issues. But I'm back again( third restart) and am happy to get back to losing! Today is day 8 and so far I'm down 7. Woot, woot!
It's a great diet to keep you motivated so good luck!
trynagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default Hungry gals...

For those of you who are hungry, even for more veggies (lol) - try eating them raw, it takes a lot longer to eat a 'marinated salad' of cauliflower, broccoli, celery, etc (mixed veg) with EVOO & AC vinegar than if you cook it all down. Especially the stuff like kale & spinach & mushrooms. Try a couple days eating raw and see if that gets you through it. The 'starving phase' usually doesn't last very long so hang on, it gets better.

Once you are in maintenance, you could probably eat that whole bag of broccoli if you really want. Just watch out for the frozen mixed peas, carrots, beans, corn mix - ALL high carb veg that may screw you up after a whole bag,

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #58  

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
For those of you who are hungry, even for more veggies (lol) - try eating them raw, it takes a lot longer to eat a 'marinated salad' of cauliflower, broccoli, celery, etc (mixed veg) with EVOO & AC vinegar than if you cook it all down. Especially the stuff like kale & spinach & mushrooms. Try a couple days eating raw and see if that gets you through it. The 'starving phase' usually doesn't last very long so hang on, it gets better.
LOL! I was going to suggest eating all veggies cooked. Cooked satisfies me much more than raw.
I guess each person needs to experiment with what works best for them, huh?

And I put my meat on a BIG bed of salad (4 cups) when I'm hungry.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
LOL! I was going to suggest eating all veggies cooked. Cooked satisfies me much more than raw.
I guess each person needs to experiment with what works best for them, huh?

And I put my meat on a BIG bed of salad (4 cups) when I'm hungry.
Piling the meat & veg on the salad greens is a great idea. I've used that one when I was desperate, but found the extra salad didn't make it into my diet all that often.
LOL, cooked veggies disappear way too fast for my liking although I prefer to have hot food too. If you can stand to eat them without dips (but lots can't), raw worked pretty good - for me at least.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Weighed in today..... -4.6 this week which equals a total of a 31 pound loss!! 5 pounds to go before I'm half way to goal!!
wildirishrose is offline   Reply With Quote