Old 04-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default There are two parts to weight loss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I will check Checf Verati's page and also look for some veggie recipes.
I thought we could eat all the foods in moderation after our IP diet is complete. So I can never eat my beloved curly fries or chinese?

.....the diet to lose...& then there's your diet for life.

Depends on how much of things like curly fries you want to eat...you can taste just about anything at some point...problem is...will you be satisfied?

How overweight are you now...and how long have you been overweight? Are you insulin resistant...which a lot of very overweight people are.

The maintainers thread is a dose of realism. It is not just IP realism...but deals realistically with what made you overweight originally. Heading in to the future with out making some major adjustments to change behaviors that got you where you are now might mean your head needs more time. Your body won't be able to listen if your head is not where it needs to be.

Some "graduates" of IP have made 180 degree lifestyle changes and are off and running to a great life-ever-after of health and happiness at a normal (even slim) weight. If they stay on track. And you will be able to read words of wisdom from some who slipped back to old ways. Some find themselves back here...or looking for another diet.

IP will get the weight off faster and better in most cases than any other diet you might try...what happens down the road depends on decision making and attitude adjustments. The ones who do well feel blessed to have found a thinner life...and do not feel deprived. The trade off is worth it to those who decide to adopt a healthy diet for the future.
But if your goal is fries as part of your diet again, and that means more to your happiness...you may not be ready for this or any diet. Your own metabolism will determine how often and how big a bite of something is safe for your maintenance.

Last edited by 65X65; 04-07-2014 at 02:41 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hi all. Today is day 1 of my restart. Due to the emotional/physical stress I've been under I pretty much put the diet aside. I needed to focus on my relationship and make the steps to keep it going. Luckily I didn't gain any weight but my partner lost 20 lbs.
I need to be sure that we are eating healthy nutrient rich meals, so off to the recipes I go now.
Nolasmurf - it is nice to see you back in the site - you were missed!

Congratulations on the restart. It takes courage and strength to go back when you have been off and under such stress. No gaining any weight suggests that maybe you were still putting some of the principles you have learned into place, maybe?

Look forward to reading more from you....
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #33  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Today is day 12 for me and I noticed throughout the weekend that I have so much more energy than I did before. The first week was rough, but I've finally settled into a routine and have found the plan to be pretty simple to stick with. I really need the structure and limitations that this plan provides. Hoping for a good loss this week, but I'll take the increased energy even if there's no loss!
dcs0826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #34  

canadjineh.. great outline and good plan for what you are eating. What phase are you in?
hope2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #35  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Hello everyone. I stated IP on Friday, April 4th. I spent the weekend reading a number of the IP threads here.

I'm short, so I'm only looking to loose 30 lbs. Those extra 30lbs registred a 32% BMI = obese! I'm tired of being uncomfortable and I refuse to go up another pants size. Exercising and calorie counting didn't show more than a 5 lb. fluxation in my weight, so it was time to try something new.

So far I really like the IP diet. I haven't felt the urge to cheat and I've honestly never ate such a large volume of food. 4 cups of veggies is a lot! I'm really going to try hard not to cheat so that I can move on as quickly as possible.

Christina
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

I love taking everyone's advice from this forum!!Keep up the great WORK!!!!
texaschick0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
canadjineh.. great outline and good plan for what you are eating. What phase are you in?
I'm in maintenance and have been for 6 weeks. My coach and the IP videos have focused on the main ideas of not worrying about your mix of carbs & fats proportion for breakfast when you need to get your body powered up for the day, and making sure you keep your fat-poor meal separate from your carb- poor meal.
I was having difficulty with a 3:1 ratio of fat to carb for my carb-poor meal so I've changed it up with their assistance to more like 1:1 and it's working great for me.
It's important to do your Funday though, so you don't feel out of sync with your friends. Just make sure you've planned it and it's not just some random day because your friends want a movie, pizza & beer.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Phase 1, day 1 starts today!! Very excited! Have a whole week of good meals planned. I've enjoyed thinking of ways I can doctor up my IP packets with veggies and spices to make them interesting. It's a fun challenge!
Good for you! Planning is key to success. And if the day is going to be less structured, it is always good to have a Plan B.

Check the first post of this thread for links to TONS of recipes. That'll keep you busy jazzing up your packets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisado View Post
I've read part of the Beck book and rather than reading cards during the day, I have appointments pop up in Outlook throughout the day.

Subject line has the reasons for losing weight and keeping it off (this time)

"Don’t disappoint husband again, Look better, Be healthier, New clothes, SIT DOWN, CREDIT, hunger quotient"

Meaning: Sit down to eat, give myself credit for walking past that darn bowl of candy at the front desk and decide how hungry I really am. Is it hunger or craving?

I start P3 in morning.
I've been reading posts and think I have breakfast figured out.
I want the same thing every day, something I can eat at my desk. I start work at 6 so have no intention of cooking eggs at 5AM.
I am thinking I'll do greek yogurt, blue berries, thin WW toast and couple tbsp. of almond butter. Will see what my coach says at WI today.
P3 is really easy if you read the breakfast thread and pick 1-3 standard breakfasts (one will work, too)

I set reminders to pop up on my computer too for CREDIT & read ARC (advantages response card), which I keep in the notes section of my phone, tablet, and computer. Thank goodness they all sync!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
They contain aspartame, which is not allowed. I have seen on other threads that some people will make their own homemade gelatin using water flavorings and plain gelatin.
Thanks for the answer.
Rubygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #40  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64peppergirl View Post
I just got back from a week long trip and was able to stay completely OP. I went with my daughter and son-in-law by car on a 21 hour drive to see my grandson graduate from army boot camp. I packed a week's worth of chopped up miscellaneous veggies, along with Rainbow's travel kit and lots of protein packets. The ice chest sat beside me in the back seat and worked out perfectly. The kids always ate somewhere for my benefit although I kept telling them I could eat anywhere since I was so prepared.
Today, I weighed and lost a pound since I left but that's better than what could have happened if I had not been prepared for the trip. I am so happy with myself and that I can successfully get to the end of this journey if I keep at it.
As a side note I was able to walk the length of the football sized field along with the crowd at a good pace. I couldn't have done that 6 months ago before losing all this weight.
WOW!! Congrats!!! That behavior is inspiring!!!
cray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Hope2781
Quote:
BTW a Question: I don't like a lot of veggies but I like cucumbers so that is all I am eating for my 2 cup vegetables for lunch and dinner. Is it ok if I eat just one type of vegetable?
I am also not very adventurous with veggies - partly because I am allergic to peppers and tomatoes. I agree with the roasting tip - a little EVOO and sea salt and a little time in the oven make a big difference. I roast mushrooms, fennel, kale, zuccini, etc. Plus, since we measure them raw, and they shrink when cooked, it makes those 4 cups a day much easier to eat. And leftovers taste good mixed with scrambled eggs, or even tuna.

I've also made it a goal to try a different veg every week. Just whatever is on program and looks good in my grocery store.

And then some weeks I eat 2 cups of celery 5 days in a row for lunch because I bought a big bag and don't want it to go to waste.
LuvA1exa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

I weigh in today and I'm really excited to see how I've done. I just got back from a 4 day band competition with my son to Disneyland. I did great! Not one off program item crossed my lips. I did, one day, have 2 of the restricted chocolate mint bars, but I think that it will be fine.
Staceyhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #43  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hi all. Today is day 1 of my restart. Due to the emotional/physical stress I've been under I pretty much put the diet aside. I needed to focus on my relationship and make the steps to keep it going. Luckily I didn't gain any weight but my partner lost 20 lbs.
I need to be sure that we are eating healthy nutrient rich meals, so off to the recipes I go now.
Welcome back! I hope the spring brings better things and less stress. You will continue to rock this diet as you were before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisado View Post
I've read part of the Beck book and rather than reading cards during the day, I have appointments pop up in Outlook throughout the day.

Subject line has the reasons for losing weight and keeping it off (this time)

"Don’t disappoint husband again, Look better, Be healthier, New clothes, SIT DOWN, CREDIT, hunger quotient"

Meaning: Sit down to eat, give myself credit for walking past that darn bowl of candy at the front desk and decide how hungry I really am. Is it hunger or craving?
Love these reminders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc85 View Post
Good Morning everyone!! Had a wonderful weekend and a great NSV, I went to a job fair Saturday morning and was not even tempted to eat the doughnuts from one of my favorite bakeries No popcorn, finger sandwiches, cookies, meatballs or doughnuts for me, I am way too close to onederland for any derailment Have a great OP day everyone!
Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrztina View Post
Hello everyone. I stated IP on Friday, April 4th. I spent the weekend reading a number of the IP threads here.

I'm short, so I'm only looking to loose 30 lbs. Those extra 30lbs registred a 32% BMI = obese! I'm tired of being uncomfortable and I refuse to go up another pants size. Exercising and calorie counting didn't show more than a 5 lb. fluxation in my weight, so it was time to try something new.

So far I really like the IP diet. I haven't felt the urge to cheat and I've honestly never ate such a large volume of food. 4 cups of veggies is a lot! I'm really going to try hard not to cheat so that I can move on as quickly as possible.

Christina
It is a lot! That 8oz for dinner plus the two cups- some days, I am stuffed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
I weigh in today and I'm really excited to see how I've done. I just got back from a 4 day band competition with my son to Disneyland. I did great! Not one off program item crossed my lips. I did, one day, have 2 of the restricted chocolate mint bars, but I think that it will be fine.
Excellent! And how cool for your son!
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #44  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

I am so hungry so so hungry.... I sure dream of getting tot he place you all are taking about where 4 cups of vegetables iis to much........I could eat a whole large frozen bag of any kind of vegetables plus a large bowl of Lettuce
I will I will keep pushing on
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #45  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
I am so hungry so so hungry.... I sure dream of getting tot he place you all are taking about where 4 cups of vegetables iis to much........I could eat a whole large frozen bag of any kind of vegetables plus a large bowl of Lettuce
I will I will keep pushing on
That's the attitude... keep pushing on! I had severe hunger and never understood why others who were in ketosis didn't. Ended up I was taking a baby aspirin every day and it was coated with something. I quit taking it and the hunger left.

Keep up the good work!
calypso58 is offline   Reply With Quote