April Fantastic Loosers

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to
  • I started IP the 31st of March so Thought a Thread for first part of April might be fun....... I have dieted alot done every diet imaginable..
    Please join me in this skinny quest
  • Hi,

I added a post under the Day Two Looking for a Buddy in response to your post there!
  • Hi,

Thanks for the thread. I started on March 18th so I am on about day 19. I think I lost about 14 lbs so far!

I have also dieted a lot and done every diet imaginable.

The easiness factor for me on Ideal Protein is a 'ten'.

On every other diet, the easiness factor for me is about a 'zero' on all of the other diets... just failure... and failure in the first week!

I think IP is a God send!
  • I am on Day 2. My husband & I started April 4th. We are having a hard time leaving sugar behind. Focusing on the next 7 weeks!
  • I had a rough day yesterday ..... I was hungry all day.... BUT had a Whoosh and the scale was down 3# this morning..............YAHOO I am happy
    I have lost 8# and this was day 6
    I am reading the Book Fit for Life and it is so helpful to explain about why I have such a huge appetite and what to do about it
    I have searched for 50 years to an answer for that Huge appetite I have I hope I can take the advice in this book and get to my goal and stay there
    That will be my Glory.............Thanks for joining me my Friends
  • Quote: There are just a couple threads that were started sometime ago based on what month someone started... But that is not really the way the site operates. I suggest you jump right in he Daily Chat, where most everyone checks in and posts. The first thread of the day is RICH with helpful links that newbies will want to read carefully.

Also, in that thread as with most others, you will get a helpful balance of viewpoints from new starters and seasoned IPers alike. I think it is important to learn from those who have been on the journey and have the most experience from which to earn. You will also be able to connect with people just starting out which can also be helpful comparing notes with someone in a similar point of IP as you are.

Also READ READ READ everything you can on here and you will learn far more than a coach will ever tell you!

Hungry - did your coach tell you you could have an extra non-restricted packet in the first weeks? And - over 200 lbs is an automatic fourth packet until you get under. Also, you can have unlimited lettuce (anything with the word lettuce... Iceberg, romain, Bibb, etc) add your daily olive oil and cider vinegar or some Walden Farms dressing. Try scrambling an egg white or two with spices. Save a half cup of veggies to use as a snack (pickles do well to halt hunger). Drink hot teas or fat free broth to curb hunger. Also be sure to weigh ALL veg and meat RAW... Eyeballing it can shortchange the amount you are eating (or give you too much).

Headache - are you adding your salt? You need it every day because you do not get enough on IP with what you are eating. For the headache, lick salt right off your hand to help the headache!

The first 4-5 days are usually rough as you are also withdrawing from your usual carb in take and entering Ketosis, which, by the way, often curbs hunger! Yay!

HANG IN THERE and join us by posting your questions in any existing thread that fits your topic.
    Thought I'd repost this response from another thread b/c it was right on point
  • Thanks for the post! Any encouragement is much appreciated at this point! Congratulations at almost GOAL!
  • Thanks for the post Lisa............ I found the Daily thread talking too much about getting to goal and folks talking about going back to eating regular food...........
    I found it very helpful when I was doing the hCG diet to find a group who started about he same time as I did and we were all in about the same place and encouraged each other and it was very uplifting to all be in about the same place even though we all had different amount of # we wanted to loose.
    I saw a thread for October starters so figured a April Thread might be helpful
    Thank you
  • I am sure for me this is the hardest diet for being hungry..........
    I drink between 120 to 200 oz of water each day and take my salt but OH MY I am having a rough time with hunger issues
  • I started IP on February 5, and am down 37 lbs......this program works if you follow it right! Best of luck to everyone!!
  • Texas Chick ... Thank you that is encouraging......... all encouragement is soooooo helpful.... Did u deal with hunger issues.... A friend here at work is dealing with not being even hungry enough to be able to eat her required vegetables and I am eating tons of Lettuce...
    If u dealt with hunger issues what did u find as a solution??????//
  • Quote: I started IP on February 5, and am down 37 lbs......this program works if you follow it right! Best of luck to everyone!!
    What do you mean by "right"? Do you prefectly to a T? Just curious? Cause whatever you are doing it working. Thats averaging 4.5 pounds a week...whats your secret? 100 % no cheating?

Do you use restricteds?
  • I have been on plan for 45 days and have lost 37 lbs!!!!! Here's to another 40!!!
  • Darn I went to 2 different stores on my lunch to get Walden Farms 1000 Island dressing and neither one had any... Got a bottle of Ranch and Blue Cheese but I like the 1000 Island the Best... Feel a bit better in the hunger department since I had lunch..
  • [/B]
    Quote: I have been on plan for 45 days and have lost 37 lbs!!!!! Here's to another 40!!!
    TexasChick Would u mind sharing a daily menu or 2 of what you eat ????? and do you do any exercise or are u a pretty active person???