Old 04-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Not to belabor the subject, but... I looked at the IP P1 sheet and I respectfully think that the clinic may be misinterpreting the protocol. In the meal by meal iT shows 1 IP Packet per meal in bold. At the bottom of the sheet it states one IP Restricted item may be used per day. It does not further clarify that restricted is to replace a packet above, but that IS the protocol...

For example, I was allowed restricted from the beginning so my coach gave me 21 packets for week one and put a red R on seven restricted items so I would be sure to only use one per day and have two unrestricted packets.

Again, all just for clarification for the new IPers.

It is well known on these boards that not all clinics/coaches have as much knowledge as we would like or the complete training OR they decide to make "house rules" thinking they have leeway to change IP as they would like.

Last edited by JLUS; 04-10-2014 at 12:11 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #47  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good information from JLUS (as usual).

Don't mean to confuse you cschmandt. It sounds like your coach is making up his/her own rules. The added protein and carbs could potentially slow down your losses, not speed them up.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 198/174/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Not to belabor the subject, but... I looked at the IP P1 sheet and I respectfully think that the clinic may be misinterpreting the protocol. In the meal by meal iT shows 1 IP Packet per meal in bold. At the bottom of the sheet it states one IP Restricted item may be used per day. It does not further clarify that restricted is to replace a packet above, but that IS the protocol...

For example, I was allowed restricted from the beginning so my coach gave me 21 packets for week one and put a red R on seven restricted items so I would be sure to only use one per day and have two unrestricted packets.

Again, all just for clarification for the new IPers.

It is well known on these boards that not all clinics/coaches have as much knowledge as we would like or the complete training OR they decide to make "house rules" thinking they have leeway to change IP as they would like.
I went back and read the Phase 1 protocol sheet as well. I am confused, that is for sure. I have several friends who are on the program and I am checking with them as well.

I do not want to gain, that is not the ideal or stall. I am needing the best advise that anyone can give me so I can make the correct decision on what to do.
cschmandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #49  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmandt View Post
I went back and read the Phase 1 protocol sheet as well. I am confused, that is for sure. I have several friends who are on the program and I am checking with them as well.

I do not want to gain, that is not the ideal or stall. I am needing the best advise that anyone can give me so I can make the correct decision on what to do.
So glad you are checking it out! We all want you to succeed and I love that you are open to listening - you'll do great!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #50  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmandt View Post

You know, it suddenly dawned on me that your menu:

B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake, WF Syrup
S: IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar
L: IP Chicken Pasta Soup and Salad (with veggies)
S: IP NewYork Cheesecake Pudding
D: Southwestern Style Tilapia and Asparagus

None of those appear to be Ideal Protein products. Is your coach selling something other than IP products?
Old 04-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
You know, it suddenly dawned on me that your menu:

B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake, WF Syrup
S: IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar
L: IP Chicken Pasta Soup and Salad (with veggies)
S: IP NewYork Cheesecake Pudding
D: Southwestern Style Tilapia and Asparagus

None of those appear to be Ideal Protein products. Is your coach selling something other than IP products?
Looks like Health Smart products to me.....

I ordered the "NY cheesecake" from Nashua Nutrition.
sunflwr816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Looks like Health Smart products to me.....

I ordered the "NY cheesecake" from Nashua Nutrition.
YEP ... I also looked up the lemon chiffon pudding from another day and chocolate chip pancake and chicken pasta soup, and those are also HealthSmart products. Hmmmmmmmm......

Last edited by JLUS; 04-10-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #53  
Started IP 04/22/2013

cschmandt - I hope you check back in so we can see how you're doing.

There is nothing wrong with using Health Smart products that mimic the IP products -- lots of people have great success losing weight with alternatives. My concern is that you may be paying IP prices for non-IP products (wouldn't be the first time that has happened).
Old 04-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
cschmandt - I hope you check back in so we can see how you're doing.

There is nothing wrong with using Health Smart products that mimic the IP products -- lots of people have great success losing weight with alternatives. My concern is that you may be paying IP prices for non-IP products (wouldn't be the first time that has happened).
Yes, PLEASE check in with us!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 202.5/191/170

Height: 5'9"

Evening all - just checking in to say Hi! My clinic also does 3 total IP packets per day and only one can be Restricted. Tried the tomato basil soup today - not bad. And the banana pineapple mix drink for breakfast was good. Tilapia and veggies/salad for dinner. Then a pudding for snack. My coach said I was doing so well without eating restricted packets I should avoid because they would slow down weight loss. Have you all found that to be true?
emmy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy55 View Post
Evening all - just checking in to say Hi! My clinic also does 3 total IP packets per day and only one can be Restricted. Tried the tomato basil soup today - not bad. And the banana pineapple mix drink for breakfast was good. Tilapia and veggies/salad for dinner. Then a pudding for snack. My coach said I was doing so well without eating restricted packets I should avoid because they would slow down weight loss. Have you all found that to be true?
What seems to hold for most id that restricteds do not slow losses... People have even tested several weeks with and without with same basic losses. IP was designed to accommodate one restricted per day within the allowed calories, fats, carbs and sugars.

Some people who are extra carb sensitive have found a little slowing, and some people find the sweet ones can trigger desire for more. But the majority of people are just fine having them. Also, for many, they are something to look forward to as a way to satisfy a sweet or salty/crunchy desire.

Last edited by JLUS; 04-10-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #57  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

What a great amount of posts today and some fantastic advice.. Just my 2 cents worth but I read somewhere that some clinics do impose their own (loose) rules to keep people coming back so they make more money... I was sad to read that I also sure hope the price was less for the Health Smart packets... I finally feel not starving hungry today.. FINALLY... Wow that was a rough week and 1/2... Happy Day my friends
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #58  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Just bumping up hoping cschmandt will check in - I want to see how she's doing. (I'm a worrier, can you tell?)
Old 04-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #59  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

I am concerned to Ruth Ann and thank you so much for your information and insight...Can you tell if she has been on line at all???
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #60  

She posted to the Daily Chat early this morning so hopefully she will be back and share with us!!

Last edited by JLUS; 04-11-2014 at 02:42 PM.