Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #76  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

CHipnDip: GREAT NEWS! It's WORKING! The fact that you have extra estrogen floating around means that it's coming out of the fat stored in your waist area -- belly fat has a lot of estrogen.

So, EMBRACE THE BEAR!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #77  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

i just reread a couple of my posts that i produced with one pecking finger on the screen keyboard while in bed with my ipad... good grief... that autocorrect gets some doozies going. Must be more attentive to spelling... I am going to look for a way to turn off the auto correct.

I am better at typing when I am actually typing ... not pecking with a finger!

sorry about the poor delivery~ i'll get it going the right way!

Last edited by Annik; 04-06-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
i just reread a couple of my posts that i produced with one pecking finger on the screen keyboard while in bed with my ipad... good grief... that autocorrect gets some doozies going. Must be more attentive to spelling... I am going to look for a way to turn off the auto correct.

Ha! Annik
It bugs me when I review things I have fat-fingered on a small keyboard as well. I'm on the computer right now so hopefully my typos will be a minimum.

I have 3 college degrees (BA and 2 advanced) and it is embarrassing to me when I do not represent myself well in writing, having written 2 extensive research papers.

I've learned to re-read the gibberish the phone and tablet sometimes produce and correct before hitting send (or shortly thereafter). However sometimes when I'm tired or have just awakened, it does not always happen.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #79  
Started IP May 17, 2013

it's embarrassing for me, too.
i pledge to re-read more carefully and 'self-correct'!
Old 04-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Question for y'all....Monday will be 8 weeks since I started IP. I do not crave things, but I do want foods such as pizza, chips, cake and I'm worried about that in phase 4. It's very hard work losing all this weight, but I'm not necessarily wanting to give up food that I like forever....I still have a lot to loose so it's not an immediate concern, but does anyone have any thoughts?
Monday will be 8 weeks for me on IP as well. I have thought about the same topic. I think there will be lots of foods that I will be able to eat in moderation again. However, there are a few foods that are trigger foods for me- rather than leaving me satisfied they make my brain think, "More!" Just like many former alcoholics or smokers can't have just one, for me there are a few foods that might be in that category.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

I am almost 8 weeks into IP. I went to social gatherings two times over the weekend. It was rewarding that people noticed that I had lost weight. That helped me to stay 100% OP and pass up the cheeses, cakes and other goodies that I would have been helping myself to before IP. I had a wonderful time with friends and left happy that no calories were involved
Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #82  

Love love love the conversation re: looking forward.

My mindset is that I won't be able to eat like everyone else b/c I didn't! I ate too much and got myself into a mess.

My thoughts on everyone else is that I'm comparing what they may eat occasionally to what I think is done all the time. A thin person may eat xyz at a bar with friends but will probably balance that with less calorie-dense foods at other times. I was also in the habit of eating whatever I desired whenever I desired it. I'm pretty sure my thinner friends practice more restraint when home alone than I did.

Today I just planted my lettuce and spinach in the garden. It may be a tad late for where I live, however the winter was a doozy and I didn't want to go too early. There is a pretty short window for lettuce and spinach in STL. It tends to get hot quickly. Hoping I can at least keep it going thru Memorial Day & I'll get my warmer-weather veggies planted when I'm sure the weather has warmed-up!

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-06-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #83  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerin2014 View Post
Monday will be 8 weeks for me on IP as well. I have thought about the same topic. I think there will be lots of foods that I will be able to eat in moderation again. However, there are a few foods that are trigger foods for me- rather than leaving me satisfied they make my brain think, "More!" Just like many former alcoholics or smokers can't have just one, for me there are a few foods that might be in that category.
I call it 'the great divorce.'

There are some foods for which I have no 'red light'. I just can't have 'one' and therefore cannot have them around at all.

My 'sobriety' is too valuable to me. Fleeting pleasure v good health? There's no contest when I am in my right mind. Therefore, some foods -- cheese, popcorn, bread, potatoes -- just will not be part of my life ever again.

You are right smallerin2014: they are trigger foods for me. Rather than leaving me satisfied, them make my brain think, 'More!'

I do liken my journey to that of an alcoholic.

On my last journey to Europe, I had more than a foot left over on the plane's lapbelt. Last March 2013, I was wedging myself into the seat and I had to ask for a lapbelt extender. The plane was full. A guy was scheduled to sit next me. He took one look at me in the seat next to him and asked the flight attendant if there were any open seats anywhere in the plane. She immediately obliged. I tried not to pay attention but it was humiliating.

The sense of relief I had this time around -- ease of mobility, I could fit, the lapbelt had room for me and more -- wow. Wouldn't trade that for any food any day!

Annik
Old 04-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #84  

Quote:
I call it 'the great divorce.'

There are some foods for which I have no 'red light'. I just can't have 'one' and therefore cannot have them around at all.

My 'sobriety' is too valuable to me. Fleeting pleasure v good health? There's no contest when I am in my right mind. Therefore, some foods -- cheese, popcorn, bread, potatoes -- just will not be part of my life ever again.

You are right smallerin2014: they are trigger foods for me. Rather than leaving me satisfied, them make my brain think, 'More!'

I do liken my journey to that of an alcoholic.

On my last journey to Europe, I had more than a foot left over on the plane's lapbelt. Last March 2013, I was wedging myself into the seat and I had to ask for a lapbelt extender. The plane was full. A guy was scheduled to sit next me. He took one look at me in the seat next to him and asked the flight attendant if there were any open seats anywhere in the plane. She immediately obliged. I tried not to pay attention but it was humiliating.

The sense of relief I had this time around -- ease of mobility, I could fit, the lapbelt had room for me and more -- wow. Wouldn't trade that for any food any day!
I, too, liken my journey to that of an alcoholic.
There are things I just can't start on b/c they lead me down a rose-colored-glasses path that is in no way good for me.

I can SO.MUCH relate to the airplane story. I even took a picture of excess belt, after having been one who needed an extender

Saturday nite I went to a concert with DH and another couple. They are bigger people and overflowed their chairs. I fit comfortably in mine. I sure noticed! And I plan to stay this way

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-06-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #85  
Started IP May 17, 2013

yay, Lisa!

That's fabulous!

That lapbelt photo is one worth framing!

xoxo
Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Love all of this... "The Great Divorce..."

Incredible experience here...but the ability to size up the problem into a pretty a clear phrase!! Pure genius .... and so great to share these tidbits...

We need an anthology of these just right phrases!!! Some are to use when we are put on the spot...some we should remember to use on ourselves...but mostly ....they are good words to live by.

Last edited by 65X65; 04-06-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

If you haven't found it yet: Settings --> General --> Keyboard --> Auto-Correction

I had to turn it off on my iPad, too, though I've left it on on the iPhone. I don't type often on the phone, and it seemed like I'd need if with the itty-bitty "keys"!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #88  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
If you haven't found it yet: Settings --> General --> Keyboard --> Auto-Correction

I had to turn it off on my iPad, too, though I've left it on on the iPhone. I don't type often on the phone, and it seemed like I'd need if with the itty-bitty "keys"!
Thank you, thank you!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #89  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post

I just saw a posting on facebook recently where someone shared all the "oops" texts of moms who are new to texting to their kids. A lot of them were the "autocorrect" errors and were quite hilarious. Some were just a general lack of knowledge. One girl kept saying "Mom! Why do you keep saying 'WTF' to me?" -- and the mom's innocent reply "Doesn't it mean "Well That's Fantastic!"? ...

We have lots of "acronmys" here as well. I usually figure them out but sometimes I laugh at what my brain fills in until I get the letters sorted out. Just don't ask my "DH" what "WF", "TOM", "OP", etc are. He'd be totally
Old 04-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #90  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerin2014 View Post
We must all be on the same wave length. I keep thinking what will be ny first funday foods once I reach goal! I do realize that I can't go back to "everything in moderation" as I day of treats turns into two and before I know it I am eating fast food lunches with full dinners and the lbs will return. I'm not one of those people who gained 10 pounds a year. I can manage ten pounds a month easily!
Closed Thread