3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP weekend chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #46
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Question for y'all....Monday will be 8 weeks since I started IP. I do not crave things, but I do want foods such as pizza, chips, cake and I'm worried about that in phase 4. It's very hard work losing all this weight, but I'm not necessarily wanting to give up food that I like forever....I still have a lot to loose so it's not an immediate concern, but does anyone have any thoughts?
I wonder about the same thing. I was just thinking about it today as I get closer to my goal. I want to be able to return to a "all things in moderation" lifestyle. I am torn because I'm not one who's always been heavy, I know how I got there and it wasn't a life of poor eating it was pregnancy, bed rest, depression and poor eating during that time that got me there. I was far from a carb junkie, other than fruit and wine lol, I'm not really a sweets eater other than during TOM. I just want to be sure I can return to some of my favorite things. Everyone says "remember that will be there when you're done with IP" which helps get me through a lot of things, but the question is WILL IT? Will I really be able to eat like other people ever again? I don't want to mess up my hard work so the thought ways on me a lot, what's going to happen when I drink some wine and have some pasta? Is fruit gonna be an enemy? Can I have a sandwich on occasion without fearing obesity? Yes I'm smarter now, I make better choices, but I want to be able to eat a salad with actual ranch on it (I hate WF products so far).

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
Old 04-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #47

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I wonder about the same thing. I was just thinking about it today as I get closer to my goal. I want to be able to return to a "all things in moderation" lifestyle. I am torn because I'm not one who's always been heavy, I know how I got there and it wasn't a life of poor eating it was pregnancy, bed rest, depression and poor eating during that time that got me there. I was far from a carb junkie, other than fruit and wine lol, I'm not really a sweets eater other than during TOM. I just want to be sure I can return to some of my favorite things. Everyone says "remember that will be there when you're done with IP" which helps get me through a lot of things, but the question is WILL IT? Will I really be able to eat like other people ever again? I don't want to mess up my hard work so the thought ways on me a lot, what's going to happen when I drink some wine and have some pasta? Is fruit gonna be an enemy? Can I have a sandwich on occasion without fearing obesity? Yes I'm smarter now, I make better choices, but I want to be able to eat a salad with actual ranch on it (I hate WF products so far).

No joke! WF products are terrible! I have a sweet tooth, but I'm okay with moderating it. But I do love carbs. Will I want to eat all carbs in one day? Probably not, but is also don't want to be so restrictive!!

~ Holly ~

"My chains are gone, I've been set free. My God my Savior has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercy reigns. Unending love, Amazing Grace"
Old 04-05-2014, 11:40 PM   #48

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeisallthereis View Post
I had two NSVs this week and one OSV(?):
1. I was travelling for work all week and was able to stay 99.9% OP (there were some shredded beets I couldn't pull out of a veggie mix)
2. When I wrapped myself in the hotel's towel, I felt adequately covered for the first time in a long time
3. I lost 2 lbs when I weighed myself for the first time since my return, which now brings me to my lowest adult weight ever ))))

Lots to be happy about today!
AWESOME!!!

W1-5.3 W2-2.8 W3-0 W4-3.1 W5-1.6
Old 04-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #49

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I only have one pair of capris so I was out today and got another pair. I still cannot get used to picking size 3's and 5's off the rack.
I want that!!!!! Reading your post makes me motivated!

W1-5.3 W2-2.8 W3-0 W4-3.1 W5-1.6
Old 04-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #50

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
Congratulations to everyone celebrating a NSV this week!

I am celebrating as well! BMI is no longer considering "OBESE", just OVERWEIGHT! I'll take it because I know that in a few months, it will no longer, be OVERWEIGHT, it will be NORMAL!
I can't wait until that day comes around. Congrats on your good health!
Old 04-06-2014, 01:44 AM   #51

S/C/G: 278.3 / 196.1 / 180

Holy cow! I had the chicken a la king packet for the first time today, and after 4 1/2 weeks with no sugar, the corn and peas in that thing were SWEET!
3/3: 278.3 | 3/13: 264.3 | 3/20: 258.3 | 3/27: 255.5 | 4/3: 251.7 | 4/10: 248.5 | 4/17: 243.5 | 4/24: 238.1 | 5/1: 235.4 | 5/8: 230.9 | 5/15: 226.5 | 5/22: 225.4 | 5/29: 219.5 | 6/5: 218.0 | 6/12: 214.5 | 6/19: 211.2 | 6/26: 208.3 | 6/30: 206.1 | 7/7: 204.6 | 7/14: 201.9 | 7/21: 197.3 | 7/28: 196.1 | 8/4:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/index11.php
Old 04-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #52
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Question for y'all....Monday will be 8 weeks since I started IP. I do not crave things, but I do want foods such as pizza, chips, cake and I'm worried about that in phase 4. It's very hard work losing all this weight, but I'm not necessarily wanting to give up food that I like forever....I still have a lot to loose so it's not an immediate concern, but does anyone have any thoughts?
Quote:
I frequently wonder what food life will be like at P4. I'm thinking that my taste buds will have changed enough that many of the treats I used to enjoy will be too sweet. I'm also hoping that I won't be so carb-intolerant that having pasta with my family will cause me to balloon up. I know I'm looking forward to ditching WF products and the highly processed packets! My daughter is certainly ready for me to be finished with my restricted eating

Old 04-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #53
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

So many good losses & NSVs this weekend -it is making my head Kudos to all!

Old 04-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #54

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
I frequently wonder what food life will be like at P4. I'm thinking that my taste buds will have changed enough that many of the treats I used to enjoy will be too sweet. I'm also hoping that I won't be so carb-intolerant that having pasta with my family will cause me to balloon up. I know I'm looking forward to ditching WF products and the highly processed packets! My daughter is certainly ready for me to be finished with my restricted eating
So far for me it is a practice of healthy eating most of the time and once in awhile a treat. I don't usually have the grain at breakfast because I simply do not need it. Sometimes I have a carb at dinner sometimes not. I have added the fat at lunch in the form of a little bit of cheese on my diet. I am more liberal with my veggies because veggies did not make me fat. My cheat day is more like a treat day where I just have something I normally would not have had. So far my weight is steady going into week 3.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #55
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Quote:
Maintenance is the rest of your life, and it will definitely require a mindset of "all things in moderation". You may find that some of the things you think you miss really aren't as good as you remember them; other things you may be able to transform a bit into healthier versions. Everything WILL be there after IP, but the way we look at them and fit them into our diets will be a lot different. It needs to be, or we will end up right back where we started. I think the Weight Watchers mindset is a decent one for maintenance- you can have a bit of anything, but you have to plan for it. I think Lisa has said something along the lines of, "You can have whatever you want, but not as much as you want whenever you want." There will be choices.

Amber, you mentioned being able to eat like "other people" eat. Interesting. I know my body doesn't process food like some of my skinny friends do, so I know I cannot eat like them. I am also not willing to spend an hour on the treadmill every morning like some of them do. So no, I will never eat/ drink like they do. And some of my other friends, well, to be honest, they look like I used to. I am PROUD to be developing a more healthy and realistic relationship with food, which is something I do not see often from others around me. Yes, I have had moments I am not proud of, but I got past them and moved on. I think my life in Maintenance will be like a P2-P3 lifestyle, although I cannot do the huge breakfasts every day like in P3. I will looko forward to and enjoy my fun days/ fun meals, and then do my P1 day the next day to keep everything in balance.

This plan is for life, and we can do it!

Renee
Old 04-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #56
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Last night we went to a Greek place for dinner. I got the low carb plate and even had them hold the tomatoes from the Greek salad. (With green peppers and cuties on a bed of romaine they actually gave me more than 2 cups of veggies!) I thought I was doing pretty good. I knew I would be a little high in the oil but I was ok with that. I was really enjoying it until I suddenly realized they probably used red wine vinegar! I worried all night as I know that's a no no. I used my ketostix this morning and I was fine. So I looked at the nutrition info on my RWV and it is 0-0-0! Even online at nutrition data it is 0.6 for a whole cup! And cider vinegar is 2.2 carbs for the same amount. I don't get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I started eliminating the restricted on days I eat out. I just figure probably SOMETHING will slip in no matter how diligent I am. Elminating the restricted creates what I consider to be "room for error" with something I may have forgotten to mention when ordering (or some "hidden" IP cheat I didn't even know about).

Balsamic vinegar is the one to be "scared" of. People like it because it has a high sugar content.

As far as one thing looking better than an allowed thing, I've taken this attitude: The plan works. The more I question the rules, the harder I eventually make it on myself.
The sugar is a big no-no for sure. However another point I did not realize about this diet at first is that it really is a "scientific formula" that has been well thought out. One reason some foods are restricted is also due to the acid in them. Caffeine, artificial sweeteners, diet pops (which have BOTH those in them on top of it...) all are very acidic. When the Ph in your body gets out of whack, it is the #1 priority of your body to "balance". One way to balance acid is to reabsorb calcium from your bones, for example, which can lead to osteoporosis etc. When I realized THAT part, I no longer questioned why I shouldn't have the 0/0/0 diet pops. As you learn more and more about the diet, things will make sense as to why they are restricted. At the beginning, just "go with the program" because there really are reasons for everything
Old 04-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #57
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Oh if I could only give one piece of advice.... your "after" plan is really important. If you don't phase off properly and just go back to eating pizza, chips, cake... the weight will come right back. (Experience speaking here -- I'm back for round 2 now). This diet works well BUT you need to think of how you plan to eat/live when you phase off. A good quote to remember:

"If you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got."
Old 04-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #58
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Great thoughts on maintenance! As I'm phasing off I'm doing a lot of thinking about how to eat for the rest of my life. I have this little voice in the back of my mind that keeps saying "you're going to gain it all back." I've decided instead of just ignoring that little voice, I'm going to embrace it to help keep me in check.

I'm not planning on letting fear of gaining run my life but, at the same time, a little concern can be an excellent way to help me regulate myself. I never want to go back to where I was and I am positive I can continue to control my weight but knowing how out of control my eating was and where it got me, that little reminder can be really healthy for my mindset I think.

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Old 04-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #59

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Anyone who has doubts about how they want to live the rest of their life should definitely spend time reading the maintainers threads. There you will find perspective from those who are maintaining...and those who have had to go round on this more than once as well as newbie maintainers...

There appears to be a metabolic difference as well for people who have a small amount of weight they want to lose by bathing suit season ( not an insignificant goal...!)compared to the challenges someone who is truly classified as obese, and has been overweight for a long time will face even after losing and reaching goal. Defining what your future life is going to look like after IP depends on those factors...plus where your head is on taking the weight off permanently and what level of health you hope to achieve. The end game in this will be all about your honest answers to those questions, and setting a plan in place. Simple answer: Some people will be able to eat pizza again...some are probably better off not. And the metabolic and mental components of that are equal.

Good luck newbies...there is a lot more to this than using protein meal replacements for a time period that allows you to reach your desired weight. There is a really great life on the other side...but this is not over when you manage to reach any weight loss goal you or your Dr. has set. That is only the first thing you need to do.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #60
maintaining since 9/2013

S/C/G: 244/149.6/143

I've been bingeing on weight loss books, lol. Something that's helping me is from Secrets of a Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney, who has maintained her weight loss for over 20 yrs. She talks about embracing change. We tend to shy away from the unfamiliar, at least I do. It's natural to want to maintain our sense of equilibrium with the familiar. Maintenance in a new body shape and WOE is ALL about the unfamiliar. I experience a longing for the safety & familiarity of P1, and sometimes have welcomed the old cravings as old friends. But they aren't friends!

Delaney suggests getting used to feeling different by making small changes each day or week, just to gain some sense of comfort with change itself. Trivial things like changing the bathroom stall you usually use at work, change for the sake of change. Since reading that, I've begun to notice my reactions more, and become more open to things that are different. It's kinda fun!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.