3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP weekend chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #16
IP Start Date: 3/27/14
 
dcs0826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Default

Happy Saturday all. I am in the midst of a camping weekend with lots of family and many tasty temptations (ice cream cake, chocolates, wine, chips, just to name a few). So far reminding myself that my weight loss is more important to me than these foods has been a great deterrent.
dcs0826 is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #17
IP Start Date: 3/27/14
 
dcs0826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Way to go!

So happy the weekend is here. I have been super hungry all week, hoping it will get better. Struggled with constipation. Someone suggested drinking Metamucil which is a fibre powder mixed in water but no calories. I thought it may also help with the hunger. Any thoughts?
My coach said no Metamucil. Don't remember the explanation she gave as to why not, though.
dcs0826 is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #18
AlaskaLadyie
 
AlaskaLadyie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fairbanks , Alaska
Posts: 87

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Default

Newbie Here... I wanted different vegetable while getting groceries last night so bought Parsnips thinking they were a limited.......... Of course I ate 2 cups it was late after getting groceries after working and putting groceries away and then cooking I then looked at the food list they are not allowed at all..OPPS
Can only go on from here....... Ironically they also affected my arthritis so I wont be even tempted again.. I try my best to not eat night shade vegetables due to arthritis ...but it very much limits the vegetables choices I also suffer from bad Gas (TMI) so a lot of the cabbage broccoli and cauliflower family is not a great choice...lettuce cucumbers get boring
AlaskaLadyie is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #19
IP 02/08/2014
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Happy Saturday all. I am in the midst of a camping weekend with lots of family and many tasty temptations (ice cream cake, chocolates, wine, chips, just to name a few). So far reminding myself that my weight loss is more important to me than these foods has been a great deterrent.
I've tried Smooth Move tea, it seems to help.
__________________
gnalosit is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #20
IP 02/08/2014
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Default

WI #8 down 4.4lbs! Glad to have a good loss before I hit the road next week. Went to pick up some clothes for my trip and took both 18's and 16's into the dressing room, 16's fit perfectly! Both great motivators to stay OP next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!
__________________
gnalosit is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
murphypuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 182

S/C/G: 215/153.4/135

Height: 5'4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Hello 16's good bye 18's WOOT WOOT... the last week has been good to me!
Woot woot!!
__________________
murphypuppy is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 04:32 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
catlady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 469

S/C/G: 206/139.9/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

WI #6 lost 1 lb. About what I expected. Stupid HRT.

The good news is that I discovered a Farmers Market right around the corner from my clinic. They will be there every Sat. so I can pop by there and pick up some great stuff. Veggies were in short supply since it's early in the season, but I found pastured eggs as well as grass fed beef, buffalo, pork and chicken. I picked up a couple lbs of ground buffalo and am looking forward to some tasty burgers.
__________________
- Andrea



Goal #1 - 150 lbs - Goal Met!! 149.9 10/11/14
Goal #2 - 136 lbs - By 12/31/14?

Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym.
catlady1981 is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Hiker88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 516

Height: 5 '6

Default

I'm enjoying a relaxing day at home. Its seems that I've been on a dead run since I got back from holidays. Between going off program a few days in Hawaii and pure exhaustion I've been struggling.... I decided to just be at home all weekend and relax (well... clean my room and do laundry but lots of relaxing going on in between!)

It feels good to take the time to refocus on why I'm losing weight in the first place and get determined to finish it through to the end... I needed to take some time to see how far I've come and look at those cute dresses I want to fit into for upcoming weddings. Last night I started feeling like it was time to phase off but I think it was the fatigue talking.

I'm hoping to get lots of rest and get back into the 'zone' I was in for so many months!
Hiker88 is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #24
Started IP 2/13/13
 
SylviesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Posts: 589

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
Newbie Here... I wanted different vegetable while getting groceries last night so bought Parsnips thinking they were a limited.......... Of course I ate 2 cups it was late after getting groceries after working and putting groceries away and then cooking I then looked at the food list they are not allowed at all..OPPS
Can only go on from here....... Ironically they also affected my arthritis so I wont be even tempted again.. I try my best to not eat night shade vegetables due to arthritis ...but it very much limits the vegetables choices I also suffer from bad Gas (TMI) so a lot of the cabbage broccoli and cauliflower family is not a great choice...lettuce cucumbers get boring
I'll chime in with a vegetable discovery I have made since being on IP. Okra. I have no idea if they are "night shade" or not, but you probably do. I do know that they are the bud of a flower. Anyway, it came to us in our CSA basket last year, week after week, so I figured I should find a way to use it. I now LOVE it and could not live without it, IP or not. My grocery store just started carrying it regularly in the produce department, so maybe yours does, too. I wash them, shake them dry, toss with olive oil and salt, and roast at 425* for approx. 20 - 25 mins or so. Sometimes I flip them half way through to make them a bit more evenly roasted, but not imperative that you do. They are a bit crisp and a bit chewy and roasted and yummy. I find that salting them well -- sometimes again out of the oven -- is very important, to my taste anyway. Anyway, just offering an idea if you feel the need to find something new.
__________________



NO GRIT, NO PEARL.
SylviesGirl is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #25
Member
 
sweetharmony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 40

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Hello 16's good bye 18's WOOT WOOT... the last week has been good to me!
Fantastic!!!
sweetharmony is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #26
Member
 
sweetharmony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 40

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Default

We had a friend stop by today that I haven't seen since the beginning of the year. He asked me if I had lost weight!!! :-) He's the first person to ask me that and it made me feel so good to have somebody actually notice!! (I realize it's not always as apparent to those that see me often) So a very nice NSV for me today!!!
sweetharmony is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #27
Member
 
sweetharmony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 40

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
WI #8 down 4.4lbs! Glad to have a good loss before I hit the road next week. Went to pick up some clothes for my trip and took both 18's and 16's into the dressing room, 16's fit perfectly! Both great motivators to stay OP next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!
That's great!!! Congrats!!!
sweetharmony is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #28
AlaskaLadyie
 
AlaskaLadyie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fairbanks , Alaska
Posts: 87

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I'll chime in with a vegetable discovery I have made since being on IP. Okra. I have no idea if they are "night shade" or not, but you probably do. I do know that they are the bud of a flower. Anyway, it came to us in our CSA basket last year, week after week, so I figured I should find a way to use it. I now LOVE it and could not live without it, IP or not. My grocery store just started carrying it regularly in the produce department, so maybe yours does, too. I wash them, shake them dry, toss with olive oil and salt, and roast at 425* for approx. 20 - 25 mins or so. Sometimes I flip them half way through to make them a bit more evenly roasted, but not imperative that you do. They are a bit crisp and a bit chewy and roasted and yummy. I find that salting them well -- sometimes again out of the oven -- is very important, to my taste anyway. Anyway, just offering an idea if you feel the need to find something new.
Thank you I also read somewhere that okra is good for lowering blood sugar not sure if true or not... I will have to look to see if stores here in Alaska sell raw Okra.. I also have boiled Radishes either the red ones or big long white ones and then mashed them up like Mashed Potatoes. I should have bought Radishes instead I ate them when I did the hGC Diet I do not like raw radishes at all YUCK but boiled they taste different..So I will look for the big ones next week

Last edited by AlaskaLadyie : 04-05-2014 at 08:15 PM.
AlaskaLadyie is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #29
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,521

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Last night we went to a Greek place for dinner. I got the low carb plate and even had them hold the tomatoes from the Greek salad. (With green peppers and cuties on a bed of romaine they actually gave me more than 2 cups of veggies!) I thought I was doing pretty good. I knew I would be a little high in the oil but I was ok with that. I was really enjoying it until I suddenly realized they probably used red wine vinegar! I worried all night as I know that's a no no. I used my ketostix this morning and I was fine. So I looked at the nutrition info on my RWV and it is 0-0-0! Even online at nutrition data it is 0.6 for a whole cup! And cider vinegar is 2.2 carbs for the same amount. I don't get it.
I started eliminating the restricted on days I eat out. I just figure probably SOMETHING will slip in no matter how diligent I am. Elminating the restricted creates what I consider to be "room for error" with something I may have forgotten to mention when ordering (or some "hidden" IP cheat I didn't even know about).

Balsamic vinegar is the one to be "scared" of. People like it because it has a high sugar content.

As far as one thing looking better than an allowed thing, I've taken this attitude: The plan works. The more I question the rules, the harder I eventually make it on myself.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 04-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #30
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,521

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Way to go!

So happy the weekend is here. I have been super hungry all week, hoping it will get better. Struggled with constipation. Someone suggested drinking Metamucil which is a fibre powder mixed in water but no calories. I thought it may also help with the hunger. Any thoughts?
Instead of metamucil, which can actually make the C worse, be sure you're getting all of your water (and then some) and buy some Calm. The added magnesium should clear you out.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2