Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Friday 4/4/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
Hello All ...Week 1 for me here and today was Day 4 and I was starving.... I ate 4 packets and lettuce for lunch and supper...Drank tons of water.. This was the roughest day yet... Am I off here or is that normal... I had been told that once u get past Day 3 you got it licked... ?? Another Question since I am very active (fitbit shows I burn 1800 to 2000 calories per day) and am lifting weights 3 or 4 days a week is it recommended I do consume the 4 packets per day???
On days you workout, you should have a 4 th packet and while you're acclimating to the diet if you're starving, have a 5th that day. I'm sorry your coach is not giving you info you need for success. It seems to happen frequently and is my biggest "complaint" about IP.

Many people are in Ketosis by days 3,4, or 5.

However some of our folks never get the appetite suppressant effect of Ketosis and others of us must spend time kearning the difference between hunger and cravings.

The biggest recommendation is that while acclimating to Ketosis, we curtail or step-back workouts. Exercise can be added back in when the body has acclimated to Ketosis. IP is a PSMF plan which preserves muscle.

Right now, the exercise may be a reason for excessive hunger
Old 04-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Currently dealing with the big C. Not sure if my body is rebelling against the long days at the hospital and lack of food, if I'm retaining from stress, or what's going on but my scale says I'm up 1.4 pounds. Hoping a day off and a ton of water and walking will move things along and help me get a big whoosh for tomorrow's weigh in.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I considered myself fairly active when on phase 1 and I never burned 1800-2000 calories in exercise a day. I think dialing it back a bit, at least until your body adjusts. I have read that can take about 4 weeks.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

I am on Day 12 today and some days I have trouble getting all my water down. I know we can add the Mio flavorings, but what about the 4C drink mixes? The one I have here at work is made with Splenda, not aspartame. I was thinking of using half a packet in one of my 24-oz. fill-ups of water...

Also, anyone else not have a great loss in Week 2? I lost 6.6 my first week, but I got on the scale this morning (official weigh-in is Monday) and I was only down 1/2 a pound. Do I still have time for a big WHOOSH before Monday's official weigh-in? I SO WANT THIS TO WORK.

TGIF!! And looking forward to soccer games and taking my boys to the circus tomorrow night!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I am on Day 12 today and some days I have trouble getting all my water down. I know we can add the Mio flavorings, but what about the 4C drink mixes? The one I have here at work is made with Splenda, not aspartame. I was thinking of using half a packet in one of my 24-oz. fill-ups of water...

Also, anyone else not have a great loss in Week 2? I lost 6.6 my first week, but I got on the scale this morning (official weigh-in is Monday) and I was only down 1/2 a pound. Do I still have time for a big WHOOSH before Monday's official weigh-in? I SO WANT THIS TO WORK.

TGIF!! And looking forward to soccer games and taking my boys to the circus tomorrow night!
I'm not sure about the 4C - some of it has a fair amount of caffeine which means you would need to up your water some. Might be better off making some decaf herbal tea really strong and adding some to your water for flavor or just add lemon.

Week 2 is often less than W1 - usually the first week you have a huge loss and then your body needs to catch up. Relax and stay OP, it will come off. And if getting on the scale every day is going to stress you, just use your weekly weigh in. Stress is not good for weight loss.

Congrats on a great 1st week loss! And have fun at the circus (I wanna go!).
Old 04-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom
Hooray! Don't forget to Accio some skinny pants
Somebody got the reference.

Thanks! And thanks to IPCali as well!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

What are your thoughts on doing Hot Yoga while on IP? A studio opened up near me, and in the past I really enjoyed the benefits of hot yoga. I am not sure whether this kind of workout (read "sweating") would be IP friendly.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
What are your thoughts on doing Hot Yoga while on IP? A studio opened up near me, and in the past I really enjoyed the benefits of hot yoga. I am not sure whether this kind of workout (read "sweating") would be IP friendly.
I think hot yoga is fine. I know you're not supposed to sweat in your workout but think about it a different way... You don't want to elevate your heart rate to the point of your body burning too many calories. That's where it becomes too much because we aren't taking enough in to support that. Hot Yoga is causing you to sweat because the room is hot, not because you're pushing yourself harder than another yoga class. I did yoga in an 85 degree room for a while at the beginning of IP and was fine. I switched gyms and now it's not hot. Haven't noticed a difference. If you feel like you're sweating so much you need to add more water back in, then drink up!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #10  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

TGIF! Gonna clear out my pantries this weekend. Also I'm giving my best friend the 21 day fix (I bought a month or so ago, tried to use it and was crazy hungry all the time). I might use it after I'm done IP to keep my portions in control.

I thought since I'm not using it she could . As for my foods and things that I don't eat: I have a few I'm going to give to her, and a few I'm going to bring to work (work has a full kitchen, with a fridge and everything) and maybe my coworkers will use it up. If not they can just toss it.

Hopefully I'll make some room in my pantry for all my new IP foods.

Also, Anyone have any ideas for the WF caramel and chocolate sauce. I've looked on the recipe threads, but there aren't any reviews on the foods/drinks. This food is way to expensive to waste...so I'm paranoid about recipes. I tried the potato puree puffs on the weekend and all I could taste was baking soda. Next time I'm gonna skip the baking powder and baking soda. I don't care if they're flat. I choked them down cause I can't afford to throw them out. So I'm being smart this time and asking for advice.

I have the dark choclate pudding. Which I haven't tried yet, but saw a cool recipe for bark...anyone tried it/improved it?

Last edited by kaylynt; 04-04-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #11  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

TGIF!
Had a huge woosh this week, after having very slow month or so. Lost 6.8 lbs this week! Hopefully it's not because I have been so stressed out with graduation, or my job. I spent 6 hours in the ER with one of my residents from my Dorm who was having health issues, and those 6 hours would have been fine, if it wasn't from 1AM - 7AM, and interrupted my sleep.... Can I just say that I will be extremely happy in 38 days when I walk across that stage, and don't have to deal with my Resident Assistant job anymore? Haha
Happy Weekend everyone!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #12  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
TGIF!
Had a huge woosh this week, after having very slow month or so. Lost 6.8 lbs this week! Hopefully it's not because I have been so stressed out with graduation, or my job. I spent 6 hours in the ER with one of my residents from my Dorm who was having health issues, and those 6 hours would have been fine, if it wasn't from 1AM - 7AM, and interrupted my sleep.... Can I just say that I will be extremely happy in 38 days when I walk across that stage, and don't have to deal with my Resident Assistant job anymore? Haha
Happy Weekend everyone!
Wow! the big '100 is getting awfully close!! I will be watching.... make sure we hear about it when you see that magical number!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 04-04-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Urgh. Today is going to be a hard one. I can feel it in my bones. I woke up to the kids fighting, which is how every mother wants to wake up, am I correct? My husband is home from work today, and since it's spring break I wanted to do something fun with the kids. Go somewhere, get out of the house. My husband doesn't want to spend money since we've made a couple big ticket purchases lately. Now they are all playing xbox and I'm bored and all I can think about is food I can't have. *rant over*
Old 04-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #14  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Happy Friday all! Going "camping" this weekend straight from work. Have my IP bag all packed with packets and veggies. I say "camping" because we have an RV, so it's not exactly roughing it. Good thing is, there is a fridge and stove, so preparing veggies will be no problem!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #15  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
TGIF!
Happy Weekend everyone!
Way to go!!!! You are doing so amazing.
Closed Thread