Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 11:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default October Newbies-Amazing in April

Welcome to Amazing April! This is an amazing group of people! Supporting each other on our journey toward a healthy body and goal. We are all in this together.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5 '6

I was wondering what you were going to use as a heading for April... I like it!! Yes I truly appreciate all the comments/encouragement I read on here... Its really helped me, especially on the tough days!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Happy April

Thanks Slipfree for keeping us strong each month!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #4  

The thread name credit goes to Steph this month. Would not have made it this far without all of you, so setting up the thread is a pleasure.

Another 3 hour SBAC test this afternoon, poor kids. On a great note, my scale said 175.8 this morning.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
The thread name credit goes to Steph this month. Would not have made it this far without all of you, so setting up the thread is a pleasure.

Another 3 hour SBAC test this afternoon, poor kids. On a great note, my scale said 175.8 this morning.
Slip,
Not sure if you're a Muppets fan but I wanted to run around the house with floppy kermit arms screaming Yaaaay this morning when I read your post. It made me smile.

This group of women (and men) have truly become friends. I'm so thankful that I found you all at the beginning of my journey, because it had been pretty easy to keep plugging along with my hubby doing it to. Since it's just me now, I can definitely tell I feel a bit more frustration in my weaker moments. I don't really want to eat the food, who knows maybe I do want to.

I know that I went from a constant poster to a bit of a lurker, but I read the boards every single day. I'm so happy for all of you! You're doing great!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello April! This board is truly a blessing, the post I read the encouragment I get from all of you here is wonderful. Some days are harder then others, and I know those days I can come here and find encouragment from all of you, it is nice to have friends to share the journey with. Thanks everyone!

Kawaii: You sound like you are having a tough go right now, lean on us, that is why we are here. Hang in there, the tough times are a test to see how badly you want to reach your goal. You can do it.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Thanks for the new thread! Let's hope for great losses, lots of NSVs and good weather this month.

Kawaii, I hope things look up for you soon. I'm sorry you've been feeling so poorly.

Question: does anyone else get a really weird, salty, sweet, sour taste in their mouth on ip?
Old 04-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Hello April! This board is truly a blessing, the post I read the encouragment I get from all of you here is wonderful. Some days are harder then others, and I know those days I can come here and find encouragment from all of you, it is nice to have friends to share the journey with. Thanks everyone!

Kawaii: You sound like you are having a tough go right now, lean on us, that is why we are here. Hang in there, the tough times are a test to see how badly you want to reach your goal. You can do it.
Thanks so much want2be! I'm still sticking with it, staying OP.. food is staying down today, and I was able to get my liquids in today too.. Sick or not, I'm on this for the long haul. The numbers are going down, other than being sick, I feel like a totally different person. I was able to fit into a size 16 top yesterday. 16?? that's a size I haven't seen since I was in 5 grade. Nothing like sobbing into your tank top in the dressing room of the Goodwill...

Every step is a victory. I will make it. Sickness can't keep me down forever!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #9  

Absolutely true! Every good choice is a victory, a step closer to a healthy life.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

So all this talk about sizes got me thinking. A friend and I were talking about what size my clothes were the other day. Then she asked what size did I want to get to? Did I have a goal size in mind when I started this journey? I never even thought about what size I wanted to be when I was at my goal weight, it has always been a number on the scale for me. It never mattered to me, any size was going to be smaller then I was wearing. LOL. Does anyone else not have a goal clothing size?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

I have no weight goal, size goal or clothes goal. My mind has not caught up with my physical loss. I can't grasp I have loss this weight. It is overwhelming in a weird good way.

So I don't remember if we ever went over our Bios. It would be nice to know people's back ground if they wanted to share.

I am 41 years old. Married. No kids. 1 cute dog that I love to death named Lucci. I live in Alexandria, VA outside of Washington, DC. Currently not working. Love to travel - use to be a travel agent.

Who are you? : )

Last edited by LUCCILOVE; 04-01-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #12  

I thought that I would be happy to fit in my size 12-14 clothes,but I skipped through those clothes. Ordered some size 12 Levi boyfriend capris and 2/3 are too big, have to send them back.

My focus is on making it to the goal suggested by my clinic (160) I have been on a lot of diets in my life, but I have never made it to goal. Somehow, I just think that making it to goal will set me up for success in maintenance. No baggage left, a fresh new start at a healthy lifestyle.

NSV- last fall, I admired a sweater that one of my very fit colleagues was wearing. I checked out buying it, but it was $$. Today, she gave it to me. Said that the neckline would look better on me. What amazed me was that she sees me as that small. I need to get my head around that.

Do you think that you have a grasp on what weights and sizes look like on real people?

What do you think when you look in the mirror now?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
I have no weight goal, size goal or clothes goal. My mind has not caught up with my physical loss. I can't grasp I have loss this weight. It is overwhelming in a weird good way.

So I don't remember if we ever went over our Bios. It would be nice to know people's back ground if they wanted to share.

I am 41 years old. Married. No kids. 1 cute dog that I love to death. Currently not working. Love to travel.

Nice to really meet you Luccilove

I didn't really care about sizes when I started. I am wearing a size 6-8 right now but 4-6 would definitely be nicer! We'll see where I'm at when I get to my deadline.

I am 32, married, no kids, but have a furbaby weiner dog named Dee. I live in Calgary AB, work as an orthodontic assistant, and also run my own small business applying eyelash extensions. I am also starting part time school to obtain a certificate in HR. I'm a busy lady!

I also have a tendency to overeat and the idea of being able to maintain my IP weight loss is scaring the **** out of me.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #14  

Luccilove- we were writing at the same time with very similar feeling.

I am 48, single, no kids. Teacher for 27 years. Love to travel, decorate (indoor and outdoors), I love my home and my garden.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post

I am 41 years old. Married. No kids. 1 cute dog that I love to death named Lucci. I live in Alexandria, VA outside of Washington, DC. Currently not working. Love to travel - use to be a travel agent.

I'm 33, mom to three kids (8,5, and 2), and a 1 year old yellow lab named Gus! I'm a stay at home mom and part time student almost done with a masters degree in education. I live outside DC in Fairfax, Va.
Closed Thread