Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

dlr: Getting to the next 10's(230,220etc) is always exciting. Good for you. Have a great Easter weekend.

Kawaii: Good luck at the surgeon tomorrow, hopefully they get you in soon.

Slip: How is your spring break? Getting time to relaxing? Thanks for the homework, I love those!!!

1. What is your next goal on our journey?

My next goal would have to be 65lbs lost, and I am almost there. That seems like such a large amount of weight. Not sure why that number has stuck in my head but it has been there for a while now. The goal after that is 160lbs. That is the number my Dr. told me I should stop at, but I'm not.

2. What is the best thing that has happened to you since losing your pounds?

The way I feel about myself. I never felt beautiful before, I now feel like the ugly duckling turning into the swan. My attitude about myself is changing, my confidence is growing. All good things.

3. Do you have any fears/ concerns?

I fear that I will not be able to maintain and will gain the weight back. Also the tummy flab that is hanging around there, my fear is it will always be there. Only time will tell for both of these.

4. What do you think has contributed to your success?

I think the support I get from my family, friends and Oct. Newbies! Couldn't/wouldn't have done it with out all of you.

5. What is your favorite new clothing item so far?

I don't think I have a favorite new clothing item. I sure do love the feeling of being able to put on smaller clothes. Still hard to believe at times.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Want2b- I am totally relaxing because our weather is terrible. There may even be snow in parts of the state tonight. It's okay, I was pretty exhausted. Never really caught up energy wise after being sick.

Heading out shopping tomorrow, I need some clothes for work! I have been on a splurge, ordered 4 pairs of shorts today. I have not worn shorts in years. The work clothes have been more challenging, still looking.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #138  

SNOW in CT on April 15th! Mother Nature is late with her April Fools prank.

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-15-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #139  

Height: 5'2

Woke up to snow here too Slip. Not cool, not cool at all!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #140  

Snow here as well. Yuck! Maybe this means we will have a hot summer!

I am down 2.8 this week! Very happy with that since the motivation was lost there for awhile! Still haven't been able to get thru the low's with the belief that my program works for me, I just need to stick to it. Another mental thing to work on.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #141  

Want2b, glad the scale is moving for you! I was 171 yesterday too. I think there is a need to refresh and renew with this program. Change some stuff up. I have made different dinners, switched some of my IP choices- but I am kind of stuck on the vanilla peanut bar. I am going to buy some new veggies too.

I noticed that my losses are better without the IP choc. brownie. (It has been back ordered) so I need to keep that in mind.

As for motivation, you are 21 pounds from your goal. You have lost 64 pounds in 6 months. That is an amazing accomplishment! You are changing your life forever. Believe me, I had doubts back in Jan. and even last month with 1 pound per week. But every day of making the right choices adds up to getting closer to goal. I am not even focused on getting to goal to have less restrictions food wise. I want the sense of accomplishment and pride that I know will come with sticking to this and doing the work. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, follow your plan, and focus on what you have already been able to do. The rest(motivation) will follow. Until then, we are here for you
Old 04-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone! It was nice catching up this morning and seeing all of the happy Newbies' posts.

DLR- Great job on working out and congrats on getting close to the 50 lb mark! Do you have anything in mind to celebrate 50 lbs lost?

Want2Be- Congratulations on your loss this week! You're so close to your goal...very exciting!

Sorry about the snow for those who have to deal with that.

I get really excited about each 10 lbs lost. I'm hoping that I will have broken into the 170s when I weigh in today. My next goal would be the 160's, then 150's, then 140!

2. What is the best thing that has happened to you since losing your pounds?

I would say the best thing to happen is to be happy when I look in the mirror and that I feel more comfortable in my skin. Equal to those feelings, are the more tangible physical rewards- no more back/neck or knee pain, being able to walk up three flights of stairs without getting winded, more endurance/comfort when I walk/exercise.

I'm afraid of stalls in my losses and deep down I think I'm afraid of not maintaining my losses. Although I have those fears, I am confident that I can get through stalls and that I can maintain. I've developed the skills necessary to do both and have great support in place between my dr., IP coach, Oct Newbies, friends, and family.

I've gotten a lot more support and been held a lot more accountable on this program than any other diet I've attempted. The weekly WIs and sessions with my coach hold me accountable and motivate me. My primary dr who owns my IP clinic regularly checks in with me and motivates me. Also, having the Newbies to cheer me on and push me to keep going has been very important.

Skinny cropped jeans in size 10! I also like some J Crew tees and sweaters I bought in Medium! Prior to IP, I never dreamt that I'd be back in 10's or medium tops. It's strange because I was in the 160's last time I was in these sizes. I think it's a testament to to the fact that IP keeps muscle and gets rid of fat, so we can look better at a higher weight. Also, it's an anti-inflammatory diet, so I'm not all puffed up and bloated from sugar, alcohol, wheat, etc.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:28 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Homework :D

So time for a little work:

I'm currently working on my next 25lbs. I don't really have huge goals for myself. I take my losses 25lbs at a time. I'm excited that 250 is coming up, 247 brings me below the diagnosis for "Morbidly Obese". At the same time, it doesn't quite seem real. I'm smaller now than I was in high school.

2. What is the best thing that has happened to you since losing your pounds? CLOTHES!!!! Being able to buy clothes that I like for the style of them rather than just because they cover my body. The idea that there are different styles of jeans (boyfriend, capri, skinny, etc.) all of that has been lost on me. I'm getting to a point now where I can try on *some* clothing at regular department stores, but I'm obviously still a plus size.

Biggest complaint/fear that I have is the excess skin. It messes with my head. I know it's a problem, and shapewear can only help so much. I mean when I wear a "slimmer" or something like that it looks like two kittens stuffed inside a sausage skin. It's just unflattering. Yesterday while I was out and about, I tried on a size 18 top. It fit! But because of the extra skin, I couldn't get it. pulled the excess away from my body, and it reaches half my arm length extended. Yeah.. no amount of toning is going to help. And that's just my abdomen.. It's just as bad everywhere else. I'm hoping that my insurance will cover to have some reconstruction done, but it's not a guarantee.

1) Sheer straight up determination. I vowed that I wasn't going to be this way for the rest of my life. That I was worth the changes, worth it to be healthy. This is a BIG change for me. I spent most of my entire life hating everything about me, and the fact that I have come so far mentally and emotionally is a big deal. I finally feel good to be me.
2) THIS GROUP!!! Even when I'm at my worst, whining or whimpering about some such thing, you girls (and guy) have been mentally supportive! I know this is going to sound weird, but "seeing" someone that was around my size start and do this program (Yes Jig, I mean you) was huge (REALLY no puns intended there). Everyone else at my center that I've PERSONALLY met, not just seen their pictures on the board had at most 80lbs to lose. When you've got 200+lbs to go, well, it's a different story entirely. You have to be in "the game" mentally for a really long time.

It's this one outfit.. I got it at Goodwill, but it's so lovely! Cream colored (*GASP* almost white) pants, a green top (two different ones, one a button down, and one a tank top), and a cream colored sweater. It's so springy and makes me happy! Slip, you'll get to see it on Thursday since I am going to wear it. I just need to get shoes to go with all these pairs of Capri pants I got!
Old 04-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, follow your plan, and focus on what you have already been able to do. The rest(motivation) will follow. Until then, we are here for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsz2d1H7s Slip.. I love you! This is one of my favorite things.. you reminded me of it. THANK YOU!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #145  

Slip: Thank you so much for the kind words and motivation, it means more then you know.

Kooky: I deal with my weight in 10lb increments as well.

Kawaii: I hear you about the clothes. Last weekend when I was shopping I realized I don't have to buy things just because they fit! What a feeling. And it will only get better for us!!! Jealous that Slip gets to see the new you and outfit!!

As slip mentioned I am 21 pounds away from my goal, doesn't seem real. I see the numbers on the scale going down, see the smaller me but still it doesn't seem real. I keep thinking one day I will wake up and be OMG I did this. LOL Anyone else not believe it?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #146  

Today, was a very good day. My mom went shopping with me and I spent $250 on really cute clothes All med. and small shirts, everything I tried on fit and it was fun! Also ordered Ray Ban aviator prescription sunglasses. Figured that I have been working so hard, it is time to enjoy.

It is feeling more real right now, because my logical mind knows that I would have never fit in these sizes and styles.

Loving the answers to the questions!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:32 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

Default I'm back!!!!

Hi all, I started my program on October with all of you and in January I lost 64lbs. While going to work one day I passed out. I was so scared of what happened and I didn't continue on the program. During the time I gained 14lbs 😞. I started back on track last week and I lost 8lbs . 6 more to go to be at where I left off. I am so proud of all of u guys that stuck with it, u all are amazing! I can only imagine if I continued, where I would be now. Anyway I'm back and ready. I have a big goal which is my wedding day in August. I hope I can lose as much as I did before my big day.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #148  

Welcome back Sweetness!!!!

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-16-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsz2d1H7s Slip.. I love you! This is one of my favorite things.. you reminded me of it. THANK YOU!
This was exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote the line. So wanted to be the pretty Jessica as a kid!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Welcome back Sweetness!!!!
Thank you Slipfree!
Closed Thread