Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:39 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Good morning!

Connecticut is home to two National Championship teams! I am so proud of them, and so tired. It has been a fun week of late night tv. So far, it has been an OP week, although I have been hungry. Three days left until April vacation!
Congrats to your Huskies
Spartan Nation woke up this morning and began mourning little Lacey. I think most basketball fans know her story...
Old 04-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Thanks Lisa. I did see that Lacey lost her battle. So very sad. She had a great deal of impact on her world in such a short time. Your Spartan players were amazing with her, seems like they were lucky to know her too. Her beautiful smile will be missed.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #78  

Height: 5 '6

want2b.. I'm with you these days but I'm determined to stick this through to the end. I have no problem all day and then in the evening when I've had a stressful day or I'm really tired... I struggle. It seemed that once I went off plan a couple days in Hawaii I can't seem to get to where I was before mentally.. I found it pretty easy 95% of the time before and now I seem to have two good days and then a day or two where I struggle. So although my conscience didn't bother me at all about Hawaii... the after affects have not been worth it!! I've read a couple of places that after six months a low calorie diet can be hard to keep following so its probably a combination of my 'fun days' in Hawaii and how long I've been on the plan...

that being said, there are a lot of people on these boards who have been OP a lot longer than me and they continue to have success so now that I'm stocked up with my favorite IP food I'm determined to be 100%. I've always felt strongly that you need to be 100% on this diet and I'm not changing that opinion... In the evening I need to go have a bath or go to bed... both of which I've done.... I just may have to do it every night!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #79  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Slip,

Sorry to hear about that kid. My sister in law had a similar experience when she was hired for her first teaching job at a middle school. On her first day of class, the students wrote nasty notes to her on her whiteboard between class periods. Not a good start but she too decided to kill them with kindness and now they seem to like her.

Cool NSV for me. I love the Seattle Mariners, always have. I was at the game last year when they put Ken Griffey Jr (one of my favorite all time players) in the Mariner Hall of Fame. That weekend I bought myself a Griffey Jersey but I purposely bought it way too small for me at the time and it looked ridiculous. Wanted to help use it as motivation. I'm traveling to Seattle this weekend to watch my first game of the season and I tried it on last night and it fit comfortably, if anything it was a little big! Now to just avoid the beer and hot dogs and nachos and popcorn and peanuts and sunflower seeds and clam chowder and garlic fries and every other delicious stupid thing that will be eaten around me at the game!

Last edited by Jig; 04-10-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #80  

Hi everyone,

Hiker, I have had to white knuckle it some nights lately, too. I think for me, it is because the losses have slowed down so much. I have to really convince myself that I do not want something sweet. It is helpful to hear your honest feedback about the treat days, because some people suggest that to spark the metabolism and get the losses going again.

Jig, I thought a lot about the kid last night, he must have a great deal of pain inside to be so mean spirited. I am not going to add to it. Your NSV is great! What an accomplishment Motivation to stay away from all that ball park food.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #81  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig View Post
Cool NSV for me. I love the Seattle Mariners, always have. I was at the game last year when they put Ken Griffey Jr (one of my favorite all time players) in the Mariner Hall of Fame. That weekend I bought myself a Griffey Jersey but I purposely bought it way too small for me at the time and it looked ridiculous. Wanted to help use it as motivation. I'm traveling to Seattle this weekend to watch my first game of the season and I tried it on last night and it fit comfortably, if anything it was a little big! Now to just avoid the beer and hot dogs and nachos and popcorn and peanuts and sunflower seeds and clam chowder and garlic fries and every other delicious stupid thing that will be eaten around me at the game!
Jig - I'm having the same problem with all my Ms gear! My first game this year isn't until the end of the month but nothing fits me except my lucky hat (which wasn't so lucky last year). Guess I could wear my Seahawks jerseys.

I just take my food with me for the game - easier to keep me out of the food areas.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #82  
Jig

Slip-That's a great attitude to have. No sense in letting others bring you down to their level.

Ruth-From what I've seen in the stands in the game, I'm sure you would be in good company as I see lots of Seahawks gear. Or you could buy yourself some new Mariners gear! I'm hoping to have a good enough meal before the game and I might bring a pack of the new BBQ chips. Glad they came out with those. They're my favorite!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #83  

Omg! Have any of you made cauliflower fried rice? Tasted better than real fried rice, made it with chicken. It was just what I needed to satiate the cravings monster. Happy girl right now!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #84  
Jig

I have tried several different tricks with cauliflower, but not the fried rice. No matter what I try, I still get the same bland texture and taste. You're not fooling me cauliflower!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #85  

Jig, this did not taste at all like cauliflower Are you on Pinterest or FB? My clinic, Weight No Longer has great recipes. I do not usually use the recipes because I am a pretty creative cook, but I was in a rut. So glad that I tried it.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #86  

Height: 5'2

Hey, did you all notice that we're the cool kids? Everyone is starting a thread like ours lol.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #87  

Steph-

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-10-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #88  

Height: 5'2

Oh man, a lady taking the census came to the door and now I'm worried my house smelled like farts from all the broccoli I cooked for dinner!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #89  

Lol! Remember, you are trying to be the girl who does not care what other people think. She will just jot down in her notes, stinky house.

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-10-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Jig: Great NSV! Have fun at the game!

Slip: I LOVE the cauliflower rice, I think it is better then the real thing! We eat it at least once a week.
Closed Thread