Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello friends! I am still around, still not feeling the motivation thou. Plugging along anyway, I know the motivation will return at some point.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:01 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Want2b- 2 cups of tea for me tonight. Hungry, but I am toughing it out. We can do this!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #63  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

I feel like this diet goes three steps forward, one step back for me. I can do well for several weeks and make great progress, then for some reason I make dumb choices and screw up for a week and backtrack. Very frustrating! Guess I haven't completely got over my habits that lead me to being overweight in the first place. This train keeps rolling along though!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #64  

Jig, I feel your frustration. I really have not slipped, other than: 1. Having an extra restricted, 2 times since Oct., 2. Skipping dinner and having a packet instead, once. And yet my losses have slowed down incredibly. I sometimes, think it would be better to have a slip, because I see that some of you continue to have great losses. Then, I get afraid that my mind would play head games and I might not be able to keep my motivation and determination going.

I think both paths have their own challenges. We just need to keep going one meal at a time.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #65  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

I would say if you've done that well since October, then don't let yourself slip. It's amazing how much easier it is to convince yourself that cheating is ok once you do it a few times. Stick to your name!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #66  

My name is a coincidence it has been my email for 20 years. It is taken from a Springsteen song- "if our hands should slip free, I'll wait for you and you wait for me"

I just think slip sounds so much better than cheat. Too many past diet failures involve the word cheating. I really do believe this is a life long journey and we have to change our actions and our self talk vocabulary. When you slip, you have to quickly right yourself or you face plant. Same thing with healthy eating and keeping the weight off, either stop the slip or we go back to where we were-fat.

For today, I will remain slip-free.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #67  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
My name is a coincidence it has been my email for 20 years. It is taken from a Springsteen song- "if our hands should slip free, I'll wait for you and you wait for me"

I just think slip sounds so much better than cheat. Too many past diet failures involve the word cheating. I really do believe this is a life long journey and we have to change our actions and our self talk vocabulary. When you slip, you have to quickly right yourself or you face plant. Same thing with healthy eating and keeping the weight off, either stop the slip or we go back to where we were-fat.

For today, I will remain slip-free.
I agree, I don't want to use the word "cheat" ever again. I also talk about eating "badly" or eating something "bad" all the time. I'm not sure what other words I'll replace those with. Soon it won't be cheating because we will be maintaining!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:19 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quick note to all, I'm still hanging in there... Solid foods and I aren't getting along a whole lot, so I've been drinking hot cocoa/chocolate drink mix and eating chocolate pudding for pretty much days.. Worried some because veggies aren't staying down... Know I'm not getting enough calorie wise, but I'm doing the best I can. See the surgeon next week, unless I start to run a fever. Then it's off to the ER with me.

Hugs to all!!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #69  

Good morning!

Connecticut is home to two National Championship teams! I am so proud of them, and so tired. It has been a fun week of late night tv. So far, it has been an OP week, although I have been hungry. Three days left until April vacation!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #70  

My endurance is being tested by students! Today is a day, when I wonder how long I can continue to do my job. A child told me that everything about me, was annoying (at least it was said in private), I tried to get some resolution but he was not budging. At least I can say that I met his contempt with kindness. Can honestly say that in 27 years, I have never had a kid say anything like that to my face.

Really had to fight not to eat an extra restricted when I got home. Actually had it in my hand. Told myself- no, you only indulge for joy. Have a cup of tea, if you still want it after, then you can have it. Food crisis averted. Food was not going to make the situation better and in fact would have hurt my spirit more. Tomorrow is another day!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
My endurance is being tested by students! Today is a day, when I wonder how long I can continue to do my job. A child told me that everything about me, was annoying (at least it was said in private), I tried to get some resolution but he was not budging. At least I can say that I met his contempt with kindness. Can honestly say that in 27 years, I have never had a kid say anything like that to my face.

Really had to fight not to eat an extra restricted when I got home. Actually had it in my hand. Told myself- no, you only indulge for joy. Have a cup of tea, if you still want it after, then you can have it. Food crisis averted. Food was not going to make the situation better and in fact would have hurt my spirit more. Tomorrow is another day!
EXCELLENT in handling that Slipfree
Old 04-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Just a quick hello from Boston area. I leave Friday in AM back to DC area.

Having a nice time visiting the family MINUS hurting my neck and back but I will live. Have been going to chiropractor and massage while here.

My parents have been taking me to buy a lot of clothes. I went to J Jill and fit in that stuff. When I came out to show my mom she started to cry. When I landed at the airport my Dad said I look really good. Tonight at dinner he said my neck is smaller. I had lunch with my Aunt and cousin and my Aunt cried when she saw me. My husband knew she would. They could not believe it. I cant believe that people notice - but it is confirmation that I did lose weight. At my brothers hockey game all my cousins and friends couldnt believe how much I lost either. It is a little weird but it is nice. They are very happy for me. I cheated a little here and there - there is a lot of food up here I cant get in DC area so I am ok with that.

There is a clinic near my parents that I go to when I am visiting them-the lady sells stuff individually and she lets me buy from her. She has a weekly support group meetings and I went last night. It was amazing. It was nice to meet people doing the same thing I do. The lady that runs the clinic lost over 130 lbs. She is amazing. So she made pizzelles from the crispy cereal-u can have 9 of them from 1 packet. It tasted so good. It was great to have support and tips from others. My parents even went with me to see this "diet" I am on. It is nice they are supportive but I wish they would do it but I know they would not stick to it and cant afford to do it.

Slipfree--I would have killed the kid---hahahah I always wondered what slipfree was - Bruce Springtseen is my husbands ALL time favorite ANYTHING. He has seen him a lot and has everything about him. That is his only hobby or interest he has maybe besides Star Wars.

Will write more soon. I have been reading all the posts. Cant wait for the weekend so I can seem my dog - he looks for me every night in the house. I love him!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #73  

Luccilove all your good stuff brought a smile to my face. It is wonderful that your family is supporting you so much. Love that you have been treated to some shopping, and that it was a fun. I think it is fantastic that you went to the support group and got some good packets, want to know that pizzelle recipe when you get a chance. Most of all, you sound so happy.

Springsteen is a fav. He is fantastic in concert. I have seen him 7 times, not recently though. As for the kid, I am going to kill him with kindness. I have a little more than two months left with this group. If everything I do annoys him already, it is going to be a long 2.5 months for him, lol.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

slipfree--I think my hubby has seen him probably 10xs all over, NJ, NY, MA, WA, DC.

I am not sure if there is an exact recipe for it. She does not do things exact.
it is

1 bag of cereal crisp crushed
Some drops of anise if you like it - she also used carmel but use what u like
About 1/8 of baking soda (I think or powder)
2 egg whites. If you want them thicker put more batter on the maker. Thinner gets 9 out of the packet.

She put some splenda on the top so it was sweet and also on some of them drizzled WF caramel sauce-it was yummy. My parents even liked them. U could also do WF chocolate stuff

At her clinic she lets her clients have unlimited decaf tea but it does not count towards the water intake. Instead of the Spry gum she has them have Orbit gum for a quick chew. She lets them have Splenda as their main sweetner but not too much because she says the pancreas cant tell the difference between sugar vs sweetner so it will keep working. Thought that was interesting. She also sells rock candy that u have up to 6 per day it is made with Xyitol. All different flavors. I got pumpkin and coffee they were good.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Good for you for not turning to food after the kid comment. You are right, it is going to be a long 2.5 months for him.

Lucci: Sorry about your back and neck. Awesome that your family and friends are so happy and supportive of you. I can't wait to go home this summer and have my family see me!

I love Springsteen too!! I had my WI today, up .8. Not so great, but I am still trying. This is a new week, got to keep going.
Closed Thread