Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Red face

So I went for a WI today. I was really emotionally struggling with the fact that I slipped yesterday. First time in 28 weeks. I've talked to Kooky and Stephascope ad nauseum about this, but I was still feeling a bit out of sorts. My cheat? A cup of nonfat yogurt. 80 stinking calories/12 grams of protein, but way too many carbs. What I did yesterday is what I did yesterday. It doesn't change what I do today. No more beating myself up for the past. Got on the scale expecting not great numbers since I've been all over the place with food whether it's staying or going or what have you.

Down 13.2lbs!!! (8.8lbs of that was retained "water"). I'm really officially (even according to my coaches lol) past the 50% mark. I only have 115.4lbs to go.. I don't really look at that number as a whole. It's 4.5 more "25lb challenges". I can TOTALLY manage that!!!

Today I'm actually sort of feeling better.. less pain, and I am sitting out in the sun. Going to go to the movies with my hubby and a friend later. I have a snack to take with me so I don't miss the popcorn experience. Back OP. I'm going to make this work.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Kawaii, girl give yourself a break. You are rocking this!and you are dealing with a pretty serious medical issue. Acceptance of the circumstances is part of this bumpy path. I am sure that the coach told you to chill out and do what your capable of digestively. This too shall pass.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Steph- Congrats on graduating to maintenance! You look incredible!

Kawaii- Wow..awesome WI! I'm so happy for you that you continue to succeed even though you've been dealt some painful and stressful health issues.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #109  

Hi everyone,

Nice time at the party. Behind on all my food, because there was nothing there to eat. Water was my friend.

Hope you are all well! Luccilove, are you home yet? Friend posted pictures of the Cherry Blossoms, gorgeous.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
So I went for a WI today. I was really emotionally struggling with the fact that I slipped yesterday. First time in 28 weeks. I've talked to Kooky and Stephascope ad nauseum about this, but I was still feeling a bit out of sorts. My cheat? A cup of nonfat yogurt. 80 stinking calories/12 grams of protein, but way too many carbs. What I did yesterday is what I did yesterday. It doesn't change what I do today. No more beating myself up for the past. Got on the scale expecting not great numbers since I've been all over the place with food whether it's staying or going or what have you.

Down 13.2lbs!!! (8.8lbs of that was retained "water"). I'm really officially (even according to my coaches lol) past the 50% mark. I only have 115.4lbs to go.. I don't really look at that number as a whole. It's 4.5 more "25lb challenges". I can TOTALLY manage that!!!

Today I'm actually sort of feeling better.. less pain, and I am sitting out in the sun. Going to go to the movies with my hubby and a friend later. I have a snack to take with me so I don't miss the popcorn experience. Back OP. I'm going to make this work.

KAWAII - you are doing fabulous! We at time have slip up's. I've been there, you beat yourself up, feel bad, shameful. Move on, give yourself some credit and get back OP!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #111  

Hi,

So, thanks to the inspiration of some friends, I ate 4 cups of cucumbers with my Evoo and 2 packets at 10:00 last night. Caught up on the food, but then had to stay up late to meet the eating x hours before bed rule. Glad I did it, because I did feel physically better after eating. In 6 months, I have been to at least 40 parties and events at restaurants and houses and this had never happened. Catered parties complicate things. There was a salad, but the only thing in it that we could eat was iceberg lettuce. There were veggies but they were smothered in butter. Oh well, I survived and would not have missed my friend's surprise.

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-13-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Steph: You look AMAZING!!!!! Congrats on getting to goal, so proud of you.

Kawaii: That is awesome, you CAN totally do this. Enjoy the movie.

Slip: Good for you for sticking to plan and doing what you had to. Your thinking has come along way since Oct., and will be a huge help in maintaining.

Went to a party last night and another lady that is on IP was there so we had a good chat about it. She has the same tummy issues of lose skin in that area and wondering if it will ever go away. For me I don't even care if it goes away, just shrinks more would be great with me. I know it will only be DH and I who see me naked so I shouldn't be so worried but...Anyone else have parts of their bodies they don't like now?

Yesterday while shopping I realized that I don't have to buy clothes JUST because they fit, this is new for me. I had to stand in the dressing room and process that for a minute, tried to figure out how many years it had been since I wore regular sizes. I figure it was around 1998-2000. Wow, that was an eye opener. Usually while shopping I would buy anything that fit because it was so hard to find clothes. I think shopping is going to be a whole new experince for me.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Slipfree- You have done so well with all of the events you've attended! I think you've got it down.

Want2be- My stomach is my main problem area, but I've still got about 40 more lbs to lose so I'm not sure how it will end up looking. I'm much happier with it now than when I started IP for sure! I'm worried about stretch marks in that area too. They've faded into white, but I hope that goes away eventually.

I'm happy that shopping has become a much more positive experience for you. I love having more options too. I just need to be careful not to become a shopaholic.

I'm excited I weighed in this morning at 181.4! This unofficially puts me at the 60 lbs lost mark. This was at home which is usually a little more than the IP clinic scale. I'm hoping to lose more before my WI this Weds. I think drinking more water is helping.

Last edited by KookySuki; 04-13-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #114  

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the 'grats everyone. I'm so happy that I lost the weight and am feeling confident heading into maintenance. It's a bit weird to get out of the "diet" mode. I am doing phase 1 today to correct the "fun" eating I did on Friday and Saturday. It actually feels good to have the control of a phase 1 day. This is going to be the new norm I guess.

want2beskinny - My problem area tends to be my extremities - arms and legs. I was thinking once I lost the weight and could maintain it that I would get plastic surgery to snug up my upper arms because I hate them so much.

Pretty soon you will want to buy everything you try on because it will fit properly and look good! This is the problem I had on my trip to LV. Spent a lot of moola!!!

Kooky - Congrats on the 60 lbs! You gotta be feeling awesome this morning! Scale victories in the morning make for pretty great days!

Slip - You have such a great attitude about IP. I felt sorry for myself quite a few times in social situations when I couldn't eat with everyone else. I have been a hermit for the past 6 months to avoid the temptation and frustration. You will be wildly successful in maintenance!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Hello IP Friends --

I am back in DC. Weather is amazing here. Just got back from house hunting. Not much out there right now. Yesterday did a yard sale in my community and sold some of my clothes. Made a little money.

Steph--thanks for sharing the photos-u look so awesome. I really liked seeing the size differences. It started to make me think what my goal should be. I really like how you look at 138ish. I am thinking maybe that might be a size for me as well. I even showed my hubby your before and after photos. For some reason it seemed to be a nice visual guide for me. thanks for doing that.

Parts of my body I dont like at this point is of course my lower stomach area and for some reason sort of above my knees. near my inner thighs - lots of flab there. Noticed this when I tried on shorts the other day. LOTS of flab under my arm. At this point I dont care too much - and neither does my hubby.

Trying to be real good this week since I might have gained some weight visiting the folks. It is nice to be back in my routine to be on track.

Kooky -- congrats on 60lbs that is fantastic!!! So proud of u.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Never got clothes from them but this is a great deal if you need a new wardrobe. I might take a peak

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1356714/
Old 04-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Here are my before/after photos. I'm really happy with my results and look forward to maintenance. Thank you all for your support and can't wait to see you reach your goals!

Wow! You look fantastic So happy for you.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #118  

Funny, but these past two days of social events have been my most messed up! Ate OP at my parents, but we started at 2:00 and I just got home. Trying to catch up on some of the food I missed is hard. Never thought the party would go on so long, but it was so much fun! My niece asked me to go wedding dress shopping with her this Friday, so excited. The entire family had a relaxed and wonderful time.

Though sometimes, I would like to head smack people who are trying to give compliments about my weight loss. My fav. Uncle was telling me how great I look. He said, there has always been a beautiful girl, yearning to get out and now she is here. I looked him straight in the eye and said, I never felt- not beautiful. But you are right, I am happier because I feel healthier.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #119  

SV here-when I started IP, I made up a visual chart the boxes were filled with weight numbers from 237-172. Every time I weighed in, I would use a copper colored paint pen to cross off the result number. Today, I crossed off the last number!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip that is so wonderful! So proud and happy for you. As for your uncle...I think people sometimes want to comment on the weight loss they just don't know what or how to say it. I think for me, I like for people to say something rather then nothing.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and we ALL see losses this week.
Closed Thread