Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness0915 View Post
Hi all, I started my program on October with all of you and in January I lost 64lbs. While going to work one day I passed out. I was so scared of what happened and I didn't continue on the program. During the time I gained 14lbs 😞. I started back on track last week and I lost 8lbs . 6 more to go to be at where I left off. I am so proud of all of u guys that stuck with it, u all are amazing! I can only imagine if I continued, where I would be now. Anyway I'm back and ready. I have a big goal which is my wedding day in August. I hope I can lose as much as I did before my big day.
Sweet!!!!! Welcome back! Good for you for getting back on track and making the choice to join us again! Can't wait to hear from you more often. Good luck on your goals of your wedding day! What day in August?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Kawaii: I hear you about the clothes. Last weekend when I was shopping I realized I don't have to buy things just because they fit! What a feeling. And it will only get better for us!!! Jealous that Slip gets to see the new you and outfit!!
Want2B, I'll have slip take a picture and I'll post it here either tomorrow night after the meeting, or first thing Friday morning.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #153  

Height: 5'2

Welcome back Sweetness! Don't worry about time lost. All that matters is that you're back on track!

I enjoy reading everyone's responses to Slip's questions. She scolded me for not doing my homework so here it is:

1. What is your next goal on our journey?

Maintenance! So far so good. You really have to watch the scale though to see how the change in diet is affecting things. No more turning a blind eye.

2. What is the best thing that has happened to you since losing your pounds?

Not sure but the funniest thing that happened was when my husband hugged me and said I didn't have any muffins any more. I said "what are you talking about?" and he replied "you, know muffins" while he patted my sides. He meant no more muffin top.

3. Do you have any fears/ concerns?

Of course! I think we are all scared of gaining the weight back. I still feel like I gain the 40+ lbs back instantly after I've eaten something "fun".

My doc said my thyroid felt bulky at my yearly physical. Got my blood work done last week and will go in for results on the 25th. I am a bit worried that something is wrong with it as a result of IP?

4. What do you think has contributed to your success?

Will power for the most part. Having to weigh in with my coach weekly. Having others watching me closely, knowing I'm on a diet. And of course, having you guys cheer me on!

I made a few big career changes in the summer prior to IP that allowed me to be home more which really helped. Being home and having more time to meal plan has been paramount. I couldn't imagine trying to do this while working 3 jobs like I was.

5. What is your favorite new clothing item so far?

Kawaii and Slip have already heard this but I bought EXTRA SMALL scrub pants for work today. 6 months ago I was in the same store looking for LARGE. It's surreal. I don't feel like an extra small. I keep thinking there has been a mistake! I am also thrilled to be rocking my old leather jacket. Seems that the little leather jackets are back in style this year so that was good timing!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
This was exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote the line. So wanted to be the pretty Jessica as a kid!
My Favorite Rankin Bass stop animation is "The Year Without a Santa Claus".. I wanted to be Mother Nature as a kid.. I loved the birds in her hair and her green dress with all the flowers..
Old 04-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!

Welcome back Sweetness! Congrats on getting back on track and On your upcoming wedding. I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress and whatever else you decide to post. Are you feeling better physically on the program this time?

Slipfree- I'm so happy for you that you had a fun and successful day shopping!

Steph- Yay for extra small scrubs!

I had my WI today. I lost 2.4 lbs, but I'm at 181.6 which puts me exactly at the 60 lb lost mark. I was really hoping to break into the 170's today, but I need to celebrate the 60 lb milestone and let the 170's motivate me for next week's WI.

I had a pretty good day after that. I went shopping and bought some cute jewelry and my favorite shower and bath stuff. Also, I bought a big wine rack to store all of my wine I'd bought prior to IP and haven't been able to drink. I want to make sure it ages well while it waits for me to drink it.

My mom and I went to the beach for a bit and did a little bit more shopping. Now it's time to fix dinner. Overall a good day!

Last edited by KookySuki; 04-16-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Hi everyone!

Welcome back Sweetness! Congrats on getting back on track and On your upcoming wedding. I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress and whatever else you decide to post. Are you feeling better physically on the program this time?

Slipfree- I'm so happy for you that you had a fun and successful day shopping!

Steph- Yay for extra small scrubs!

I had my WI today. I lost 2.4 lbs, but I'm at 181.6 which puts me exactly at the 60 lb lost mark. I was really hoping to break into the 170's today, but I need to celebrate the 60 lb milestone and let the 170's motivate me for next week's WI.

I had a pretty good day after that. I went shopping and bought some cute jewelry and my favorite shower and bath stuff. Also, I bought a big wine rack to store all of my wine I'd bought prior to IP and haven't been able to drink. I want to make sure it ages well while it waits for me to drink it.

My mom and I went to the beach for a bit and did a little bit more shopping. Now it's time to fix dinner. Overall a good day!
WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! 60lbs GONE forever!!!! Don't be upset about not making the 170's this week. Gives you something to look forward to next week. Happy dancing carrots for you!!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

60 pounds! Shopping! The beach! An amazing trifecta Glad you had a great day!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:55 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Sweetness: Welcome back.

Kawaii: A pic would be great!

Steph: Fingers crossed that your thyroid shows nothing. Extra small? Wow. You go girl!! Smile every time you have to put them on!!!

Kooky: Congrats on the 60lbs! That is wonderful.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #159  

Hi everyone,

Scale says 170 this morning! Hoping for 169 soon. I was so afraid that I would not make my goal by the May 17th phase off start, but things are moving in the right direction! Woohoo
Old 04-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Yahoo the scale is going down!! Remember that some people continue to lose weight on P2. I know you can get to your goal!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #161  

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Scale says 170 this morning! Hoping for 169 soon. I was so afraid that I would not make my goal by the May 17th phase off start, but things are moving in the right direction! Woohoo
Moving right along to your goal!

Good Morning Newbies! I'm up too early for a non-work day, but I can't fall back asleep, so I decided to do laundry before I procrastinate.

Last edited by KookySuki; 04-17-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #162  

Want2b and Kooky, see what lowering your stress level (vacation) can do for scale movement!

Busy day today. Going to do some more shopping. I really need some work pants, so I am going to head over to the dreaded mall! I also need some groceries, and will be meeting Kawaii for coffee and our Phantom fat seminar.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #163  

Quote:
Want2b and Kooky, see what lowering your stress level (vacation) can do for scale movement!

Busy day today. Going to do some more shopping. I really need some work pants, so I am going to head over to the dreaded mall! I also need some groceries, and will be meeting Kawaii for coffee and our Phantom fat seminar.
It definitely helps regulate the body. I've heard lower cortisol (stress hormone)= less belly fat.

Re: Your earlier post...I can totally identify with you about being on the precipice of breaking through to another 10 lb milestone (ie 170's, 160's, etc). It's exciting, but it seems like that last lb or two before you cross over takes its sweet time. When do you go back to see your coach? Is it May 17th for the phase off or before that?

Sounds like you have a great day planned! I don't like malls very much either because they get hectic and the parking at our mall here is awful. Shopping is much more fun now, but it is expensive getting a new wardrobe. I'd probably still be buying new clothes if I hadn't lost weight, it just wouldn't be that fun.

Last edited by KookySuki; 04-17-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #164  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Welcome back Sweetness

Congrats on the 60 mark Kooky!

Kawaii,

"1) Sheer straight up determination. I vowed that I wasn't going to be this way for the rest of my life. That I was worth the changes, worth it to be healthy. This is a BIG change for me. I spent most of my entire life hating everything about me, and the fact that I have come so far mentally and emotionally is a big deal. I finally feel good to be me.
2) THIS GROUP!!! Even when I'm at my worst, whining or whimpering about some such thing, you girls (and guy) have been mentally supportive! I know this is going to sound weird, but "seeing" someone that was around my size start and do this program (Yes Jig, I mean you) was huge (REALLY no puns intended there). Everyone else at my center that I've PERSONALLY met, not just seen their pictures on the board had at most 80lbs to lose. When you've got 200+lbs to go, well, it's a different story entirely. You have to be in "the game" mentally for a really long time."

I'm glad we've been able to help each other! I don't remember where, but I recently heard someone say that any strict form of dieting is almost impossible to stick with for more than 6 months. Well we are past that point and still going strong! Even if it takes us another year or two years we can still reach our goals because we're worth it!

I saw my cousin's family for the first time in 4 months or so last night. I walked in their door and they were pretty shocked to see me. Not sure if I'll ever get tired of that feeling. I'm also excited for my new weekly hike that I decided to start doing. It's raining today but I'm not going to use that as an excuse. If it takes a little longer and I get a little muddy, so be it, you have to push yourself to get the things you want.

Last edited by Jig; 04-17-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #165  

I am loving the positive messages here. I think it is amazing that we have built this bond of determination and support. We are experiencing real joy for each other as we conquer the obstacles in our personal journey.

Jig is right, we are over 6 months and rather than see our motivation lagging-it is growing. Our own personal motivation may wan for a bit, but another Newbie picks it up. Every one of us is going to make goal!

I do want us to stop and give Steph some big LOVE! She made it and is thriving in maintenance. I am grateful that she is learning about the next step in all of our journeys. And... She is wearing extra small scrubs!!! You are aMayzing, Steph.
Closed Thread