Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 07:01 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
kcdoe: I love that last post from 2010 about cheating! Thanks for doing the research. This is a truism that I'm living: maintenance is as much a mental thing as finding the right WOE. I never read self-help books before but I tried some that Maile mentioned & they have all been enormously helpful: mostly Brain Over Binge. I've read others too and patched together from each one what works for me & disregarded what doesn't fit.

After P1 I had some experience with binge eating that I never had before. I gained 12 lbs over the holidays. Each time I went back on P1, I was triggered to binge after a week or so. It was very humbling! I still long for that 'perfect dieter' that I lived from P1 thru the start of maintenance, when I couldn't stop losing weight and thought I had permanently lost interest in junk food. But I now feel more myself, more relaxed in regard to food: I know I'm totally fallible but also capable of course correction over & over, if necessary. The weight does not magically re-appear with a slip here & there that's promptly corrected.
Mars, you sound like you just described me to a T. I did this diet with a vengeance, now issues, no cravings so desires to cheat for 3 months and lost 40 lbs. Then hospital stay came out and went crazy, couldn't seem to go back as dedicated, lost another 20 and here I am going to maintenance ....... I'm the late night kitchen stalker myself, not hungry, just looking for something to munch, eat. comfort food. Old habits. Introducing carbs and dairy back into my diet seems to be saying, "hello old habit, welcome my comfort friend" I have to kick this one to the curb!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
All of this is real common sense eating, which is what we all need to do to stay on the straight and narrow to maintain, but there is still the issue of carb sensitivity.
The book "The art and Science of low Carbohydrate Living" by Jeff Volek and Stephen Phinney had the best advice for me personally... the take away message for me, with my instinct that I am very carb sensitive, was people who are carb sensitive should GO SLOW on adding carbs after a ketogenic diet...I never did the P4 thing adding those carbs at dinner regularly...I knew it was NOT going to be good for me. And I don't miss it.

Gaining during maintenance is scarier for me than seeing those normal fluctuations during weight loss...you KNOW it's likely real in maintenance. When you are 100% compliant in the loss stages...you know there is no way its fat. A much kinder reckoning with the numbers.

It goes back to how over weight were you...and for how long. That is pretty telling on how you will tolerate a diet with carbs. I do not separate the fat and carbs...but my diet is on the lower end in carb intake, getting carbs daily from vegetables, nuts and berries. So I don't find that rule necessary to maintain. I avoid rice and potatoes other than a nibble...and the only really starchy thing I eat is an occasional rice cracker with cheese. Really have increased the vegetable portions of my diet though eating them 3X a day...but careful with beans other than green beans, and the things like sweet potatoes and beets. I pay particular attention to the glycemic index of the veggies, and don't keep a daily tab of calories or carbs. I just know food numbers and the daily diet I have worked out now is ball park plus or minus 1200 cals and under 40g carbs or on a higher day between 40- 50 g carbs which for my BMR works. Adding things like more than a taste of chocolate, wine or some GF item like bread or cookies ...will necessitiate days of P1/2 with daily weighing and abstinence to get back! NOT WORTH IT!!! That is a personal reckoning though...at 65 I don't ever want to spend months of what life I have left trying to lose weight.
65 Wow it sounds like you have fought and won with all your eating demons, congrats on the determination. Have you always been this strong even in the beginning of phasing off 1? Also Could you share with us some of your menu's and daily eating?
Thank you
Quote:
addendum to my last ramble, in case anyone else is struggling with post diet bingeing: for now, I avoid getting extremely hungry, and avoid my trigger foods. I avoid fun days except social occasions. For treats, I stick with things like an apple or avocado & eat extra protein or low carb veggies if I need extra food. Mio in reasonable amounts keeps the sweet craving happy. So far so good with binge urges.
Mars, I do the protein, try to find something to munch that is low in sugar and carb. Hey that is a great question for those reading: WHAT FOODS DO YOU USE TO KEEP THE BINGE ZOMBIE AT BAY ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi all:

I've lost another pound so I will have to watch that things don't get out of hand but here's my menu from yesterday (posted on another thread too)

From MFP so #'s are cal, carbs, fat, protein, fibre, sugars

BREAKFAST
Blue Diamond - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk Updated, 10 oz 50 3 4 1 1 0
Nature's Path - Mesa Sunrise Gluten Free Cereal, 3/4 Cup 120 24 1 3 3 4
Market Pantry - Tequila Lime Chicken Breast, Ultra-thin Deli Slices, 2 oz (56g) 60 1 3 9 0 0
Sunmaid - Raisins, 1/8 cup 65 16 0 1 1 15
Add Food Quick Tools 295 44 8 14 5 19

LUNCH
Cauliflower - Raw, 0.34 cup 9 2 0 1 1 1
Generic - Baby-Cut Carrots, 2.8 carrots (85g) 3oz 6 1 0 0 0 1
Green Onion - Green Onion Raw (Whole), 0.5 medium (15 g) 3 1 0 0 0 0
Uncle Ben's Bistro Express (Canada) - Quinoa and Brown Rice With Garlic Flavour, 187.5 mL (90 g) 195 36 3 5 3 0
Veggie - Broccoli (Raw), 1 Cup (91g) chopped 30 6 0 3 2 2
Lilydale - Turkey Breasts (Oven Roasted, Seasoned, Carved), 0.25 container (27 strips (50g) ea.) 158 2 3 32 0 2
Huy Fong - Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, 6 tsp (5g) 30 6 0 0 0 6
Saporito - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp (10 ml) 40 0 5 0 0 0
Add Food Quick Tools 471 54 11 41 6 12

DINNER
Freybe (Cdn) - Ham Garlic Sausage, 30 g 55 1 4 4 0 1
Generic - Bell Peppers-mixed (Yellow, Orange, Red), 0.33 cup 6 1 0 0 1 1
House Foods - Tofu Shirataki (Spaghetti Noodles) (Correct), 4 oz. 20 3 1 1 2 0
Mushrooms - Raw, 2 medium 8 1 0 1 0 1
Onions - Raw, 0.4 medium (2-1/2" dia) 18 4 0 0 1 2
Quality Clover Leaf - Grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 tbs 70 0 5 6 0 0
Saporito - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp (10 ml) 40 0 5 0 0 0
Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 0.5 medium 16 3 0 1 1 2
Tre Stelle - Traditional Light Feta, 6 cm cube (30g) 140 0 10 14 0 0
Vegetable - Celery Stalk 7 -8" Long (Kym), 1 stalk 6 1 0 0 1 1
Classico (Canada - Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce, 1/2 cup 60 10 2 2 3 6
Danone (Canada) - Oikos 0% Greek Yogurt, Plain, 3/8 cup (175g) 50 4 0 9 0 2
Danone Oikos - Canada - 2% Greek Yogurt Strawberry on the Bottom, 50 g 50 7 1 4 0 5
Welch's - Wild Blueberries (Can) Frozen, 0.25 cup 20 5 0 0 2 3
Add Food Quick Tools 559 40 28 42 11 24

SNACKS
Apples - Raw, with skin, 0.75 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 54 14 0 0 2 11
Curves - Yogurt & Berry Bliss Protein Bar, 1 bar 180 23 6 13 8 8
Add Food Quick Tools 234 37 6 13 10 19

Totals 1,559 175 53 110 32 74
Your Daily Goal 1,590 199 53 80 25 60
Remaining 31 24 0 -30 -7 -14

And yes about 1/2 my days I eat over goal on cal. just usually not more than 200. I am not a gonzo exerciser either as I have Fibromayalgia and Arthritis.

Liana
WOW liana, thank you so much for the time typing all of this. Awesome information. You did great on keeping the carbs low!!! I've just added a few things to my grocery list from this post!! tx
what do you use to track, you said Fitness pal previously I think?
Please keep sharing your food LOVE your posts so helpful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Wow, I've away from the boards for a week or so and have missed all this activity. I have been struggling with how many carbs make your meal a 'carb' meal and how many fats make your meal a 'fat' meal. And for combining, I get the no butter on bread or potatoes, but what about a cereal that's got fat and carbs - is it a percentage that defines it? Can/should I only have fruit for breakfast? Is dairy a fat, protein? My nonfat yogurt is a ton of protein but not many carbs and no fat - so how do I count it, protein or carbs. These are the things I struggle with.

Here's what I ate yesterday:
B: 1 Vitatop muffin with 2 teaspoons of Almond butter, 3 tblspns egg whites with herbs, 1 cup sliced strawberries, coffee with 1 teaspoon of fat free milk
L: 4 ozs broiled cod over romaine lettuce, sliced asparagus, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers, 4 kalamata olives, 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
D: 3 small tortilla chips, 2 ozs sliced raw tuna, 1/2 cup green beans, 6 ozs broiled salmon, 1 vodka martini, 3 olives. (and 1 bite of cheesecake)

Since I the dinner involved alcohol and the cheesecake, I'm on a P2 day today.
ecdcslim, welcome, I smiled big reading your menu. 1 Vodka Martini, 3 olives my kinda day!!! except hard to stop at 1, with a bite of cheese cake so honest I love it. That's reality I just love it. Olives are forbidden in phases has you found it hard keeping within the regulations of maintenance eating them? I will be adding them after phase 3 for sure, miss my olives. Vitatop Muffin's going to look those up, are they sold in any store, are they something special, low in everything ?

Reference your questions above, anyone out there help please these are questions we all have and one of the reasons for my starting this thread. ECD, I found a post I put in earlier on this thread about the Yogurt, I found that helpful, see if you do. I'm going to look through the threads see if I can find any information on your above questions, I will have the same in Maintenance. Anyone reading this thread have some advise??

OK today I didn't do so well.
Breakfast: My old faithful: Wildberry muffins, to busy to have the big breakfast and running late.
Lunch: Chicken breast with broccoli
Dinner: Lean Beef (a lot of it like 10 ounces) with spinach
Hubby made homemade mac and cheese knew I would have a bite so was careful with the carbs all day. Had 3 tbsp.'s. hurried and cleaned the kitchen to put it all away so I wouldn't eat more.

Kitchen stalker came out later that evening, handful of goldfish is all it got before I beat it

THANK YOU ALL!!! I'LL BE SKIMMING THE ARCHIVES FOR GEMS AND POSTING THEM REAL SOON, I'M DETERMINED TO FIND THE SECRET TO MAINTENANCE THAT WORKS FOR ME, I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS ALSO...

""What are you eating Maintainers help please keep us in the loop
Old 04-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #47  
maintaining since 9/2013

[QUOTE=kcdoe;4977266
OK today I didn't do so well.
Breakfast: My old faithful: Wildberry muffins, to busy to have the big breakfast and running late.
Lunch: Chicken breast with broccoli
Dinner: Lean Beef (a lot of it like 10 ounces) with spinach
Hubby made homemade mac and cheese knew I would have a bite so was careful with the carbs all day. Had 3 tbsp.'s. hurried and cleaned the kitchen to put it all away so I wouldn't eat more.

Kitchen stalker came out later that evening, handful of goldfish is all it got before I beat it

THANK YOU ALL!!! I'LL BE SKIMMING THE ARCHIVES FOR GEMS AND POSTING THEM REAL SOON, I'M DETERMINED TO FIND THE SECRET TO MAINTENANCE THAT WORKS FOR ME, I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS ALSO...

""What are you eating Maintainers help please keep us in the loop[/QUOTE]

I actually think you did well! 10 oz lean beef in reference to P1 would be technically over, but not in the big picture. I sometimes ate 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast (weighed AFTER cooking) on P1 and it never slowed my progress. You were able to keep the munchies in check too--really quite a victory, imo. IP doesn't claim to eradicate our old habits, urges, cravings. it certainly gave a vacation from them.

Lately I feel that it's these ongoing struggles like you are describing that are how we can establish successful maintenance. For me, and clearly from the posts of long term maintainers, it becomes easier over time.

I stumbled across a book that helped me with the idea of pushing ourselves to live differently from before--try new things just to get used to "different." Even tiny changes like using a different restroom stall at work. I'll post the title when I find it. Work is calling early today! Anyway, I think you're doing great--rubber to the road as 65 x 65 once wrote.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #48  

Hey all. This thread is fantastic. Kcdoe...thank you for starting. It is so nice to get ideas on what folks are eating (or not eating I should say) to keep them on track.

Hello Mars75 and Canadjineh! How are you both?

I would have to agree on here that most maintenance is all about customization. It really is a game of adding in new things, experimenting with the scale, and trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

I would say for the most part I always eat a phase 3 bfast and phase 2 lunches and dinners when I want the scale not to talk back to me. When I add in the carbs is when I see a gain or just the jump around jive that drives me nuts (5lbs up in a day...no thanks). I notice bloat, gas, etc. which are all signs that this body does not like to digest that stuff.

Contrary to the IP way, my coach actually said that one should eat phase 1 dinners for life with no carbs. She did say not to worry about BBQ sauces, etc. and to be realistic but that pasta in the evening is never a good idea. For the most part, I have followed her advice but I think I am going to mix it up with the separation and see what happens.

Doing a phase 1 day today. I decided to quit smoking (its been 6 days) and I fear the weight gain that everyone talks of. In fact, I have even been reading that smoking increases metabolism and burns 200-250 calories each day. Anyone heard of this or think there is any merit? I always thought the weight gain when people stopped smoking was related to their eating habits but of course I am perusing the internet and reading horror stories of folks who say they didn't change anything when they quit and gained 20. Hmmmm, while it may be true smoking certainly never kept me from gaining in the past so I will continue onward silencing the voice of fear that brings up weight gain.

Great to see all of you here and doing well. Tomorrow I am looking forward to a delish phase 3 bfast and pulled pork recipe that I found on here.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #49  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Kcdoe - thanks for your help and comments! The Vitatops have been great - you find them in the freezer section, pop them in the toaster, they're like a muffin 'top' - here's the nutritional information: 100 cal, 1 g fat, 5 g fiber, 22 carbs, 5 g protein. I eat olives off the salad bar as an added oil since I have my fats for lunch. I don't eat meat, so hard boiled eggs and dry tuna are my standards if I eat at the office - try to stay away from cheese cause it's a trigger. I find the candy and fun sized bars that the office receptionist keeps on her desk hugely tempting for me so I've started to cut up a pure protein chocolate caramel bar into 6 little pieces and keep them in a baggie on my desk so if I'm jonesing for chocolate or sweets, I eat a couple of little bites and it's been working - I do the same with the new IP chocolate mint bar (the Quest bars aren't coated, so it's more difficult).

Here's what my day is looking like for food:

B: 1 Light Thomas Eng Muffin, 2 tsp's organic PB, 3/4 cup sliced strawberriers, 3 tblspns egg beater omelette
Snack: 1/2 ounce of raw cashews
L: 6 pieces sashimi (salmon, tuna, yellowtail), soy sauce, wasabi, sliced ginger, shredded raddish, 1 cup seaweed salad (seaweed with sesame oil and seeds)
Snack: Pure Protein bar
D (planned): 6 ounces grilled Tilapia, lettuce, cucumber, tomato salad with WF dressing, 1/2 cup of roasted butternut squash, 1/2 cup roasted cauliflower. 1.5 ounces vodka with lime, on the rocks.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Simplicity is key for some of us...

Yes... interesting to see what is working well and taking note of the overlap in philosophies!

KC- One of the reasons I loved IP was it's simplicity...
and the fact it worked made it easy for me to stay the course. Losing all the weight I wanted to lose in my mid 60s in under 8 months...what a miracle!!!

Taking advantage of the lessons for P1 and 2 seemed to be a no-brainer for me to apply for life. P2 lunch is easy either at home or out with friends...P1 dinner also was good at home and worked uber well for social occasions. I like simple...a lot. (I liked it even better because it worked!!)

Increasing and widening the selection of veggies to give me more volume and a wider selection to eat went into my "simple" plan. The "big" breakfast is more of a challenge for me since I am GF..but also know that the GF alternatives to bread and cereal tend to contain a lot of processed carbs. Most are made from rice...which I do not eat. i(I do not eat white carbs...) Easy again...that big breakfast was a NO-GO for me.

Since I like the paleo breakfast of eggs over vegetable...either a salad or asparagus, or egg white veggie omlette or adding berries a few times a week to some dairy...and then still like the option of the protein shake diluted with almond milk and coffee for an on the run turned breakfast, choices for me are straight up and simple Monday thr Saturday . Some days I do a protein shake... AND hard boiled eggs. I do not let myself feel hungry...esp early in the day. This give me three breakfasts that are not too difficult...easy to have what I need on hand and are not going to be full of processed carbs everyday, and on Sunday we a nice sit down brunch with eggs, berries, cottage cheese...pork cutlets and salad and sometimes avacado..if I remember to get one so it is ripe!!
Some nuts for snack daily...a little cheese 1 or 2X a week.

Don't do a regular fun day or fun meal thing...but am careful with most meals ..so when the occasion arises, or I am out I do not fret about things that are out of my control. I don't eat sugar and I pass on that except for an occasional piece of VERY GOOD chocolate....and a lot of people do not do desserts even when out so that is not a challenge. I allow myself 1 drink socially when out...and depending on the time frame of the event tell myself I can make a decision on having a second one...and usually do not. I have found it means less to me now than it did when I was heavy. The glass of wine with dinner out has become more like part of the food experience...and is not about alcohol.

Being 65 has it's benefits...puts one eyeball to eyeball with mortality.

It is also true I am pretty black and white. I like definition and gray areas frustrate me. That is why I have often come out so strong about people not trying to make those lifestyle changes and cheats when they are in P1...I do not apologize for my philosophy. There are plenty who are able to be more forgiving of themselves...but I am not one. I am my own hardest critic. So everyone needs to forgive themselves...not look to someone else for that.

Also, I had 15 miserable years of trying to lose weight. Where nothing worked. Even though I was compliant. And used to promise myself if I ever got it off...I would be able to keep it off by changing the things that mattered so much less..for me.

Point #1)Making food and drink choices indiscriminately would end.
Psychologically it got to the point that was the case after it was clear nothing helped or mattered. Counting calories and things like WW did not work...I gained in spite of in addition to regular exercise.
Point#2)The joy of understanding my metabolism has made it easy to stay lo carb and lo glycemic in making 95% of my food choices. It is about what I now want for me...not what I crave. Just like understanding hunger...it is good to understand craving. The cravings actually have not been something out of control for me I must admit that. Partly because I don't keep anything in the house...no jelly..no candy...no pastry etc. My husband has artisian whole grain breads and cereals...but I am GF because of wheat intolerance for over 8 years now...and that stuff makes me feel bad.... so no craving there. Carbs make me fat...and that makes me feel bad psychologically...no craving there for that mental pain again either. He also drinks wine with dinner every night...but I am happy NOT to have added calories...and know it is paying off not to add that back into my day. We do not go to restaurants that specialize in high calorie foods...mostly stick to seafood and places that grill chops and steak.

I can and DO have extra protein if I am hungry...and there is a fridg full of prepped celery, cukes and bell pepper strips and hot mustard dressing for dipping, and salad greens are always cleaned and ready to serve. Another habit from P1 that is a keeper.. I truly feel blessed...and satisfied enjoying my new way of eating and the way I feel. It is motivating me to keep this weight off. That and how much I like SIMPLE.

What IP advocates for P4...does NOT sound simple to me..and I see where too many people have trouble with it eventually. Too many choices...too many carbs for anyone who had a serious issue...and is probably carb sensitive to begin with. It is my understanding this diet was NOT developed originally for insulin resistant people...but rather for athletes to get "off" the "up" poundage between seasons. Athletes for the most part do not have metabolic problems!! That is where and why I began to read more and more about the effects of adding carbs back in after a ketogenic diet. I learned there is credibility to the advice to go slower in adding carbs for people with insulin resistance so as to gauge the spot where too much is too much becomes apparent.....and makes it easy to back off. It also holds off the craves....

Know thyself.

Both in what you can handle as far as decision making...but more importantly...if nothing else worked for you before this diet...you are probably insulin resistant...and adding all those carbs is opening the door for gain.

At 65...I do not have the kind of time needed for a "redo". Instead, SIMPLY plan to travel... socialize with my friends and family...drink SOME wine...and eat a lot of meals on the road...!! Shop....Go to art shows...Broadway shows...participate in book groups...and learn a lot of new things and meet new people.

This SIMPLE way of eating is going to let me do all of that with out ever looking/going back to what 15 fat years was like...except to say "Thank heavens I found something that works...while I can still do all those things and before being overweight ruined my health"

So
I
May
Play @
L
ife
Enjoyably!!!

Last edited by 65X65; 04-04-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #51  

Quote:
I actually think you did well! 10 oz lean beef in reference to P1 would be technically over, but not in the big picture. I sometimes ate 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast (weighed AFTER cooking) on P1 and it never slowed my progress. You were able to keep the munchies in check too--really quite a victory, imo. IP doesn't claim to eradicate our old habits, urges, cravings. it certainly gave a vacation from them.

Lately I feel that it's these ongoing struggles like you are describing that are how we can establish successful maintenance. For me, and clearly from the posts of long term maintainers, it becomes easier over time.

I stumbled across a book that helped me with the idea of pushing ourselves to live differently from before--try new things just to get used to "different." Even tiny changes like using a different restroom stall at work. I'll post the title when I find it. Work is calling early today! Anyway, I think you're doing great--rubber to the road as 65 x 65 once wrote.
Mars; Thank you, yes If I look back at what I use to call a cheat, like eating a big mac and a fish filet LOL or a whole cheeseburger sub, I guess not so bad. My scale is up today, but I think that is salt. Great look forward to the title of that book!!! Rubber to the road LOL Love it!! Don't forget to come back and tell us what you are eating!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hey all. This thread is fantastic. Kcdoe...thank you for starting. It is so nice to get ideas on what folks are eating (or not eating I should say) to keep them on track.

Hello Mars75 and Canadjineh! How are you both?

I would have to agree on here that most maintenance is all about customization. It really is a game of adding in new things, experimenting with the scale, and trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

I would say for the most part I always eat a phase 3 bfast and phase 2 lunches and dinners when I want the scale not to talk back to me. When I add in the carbs is when I see a gain or just the jump around jive that drives me nuts (5lbs up in a day...no thanks). I notice bloat, gas, etc. which are all signs that this body does not like to digest that stuff.

Contrary to the IP way, my coach actually said that one should eat phase 1 dinners for life with no carbs. She did say not to worry about BBQ sauces, etc. and to be realistic but that pasta in the evening is never a good idea. For the most part, I have followed her advice but I think I am going to mix it up with the separation and see what happens.

Doing a phase 1 day today. I decided to quit smoking (its been 6 days) and I fear the weight gain that everyone talks of. In fact, I have even been reading that smoking increases metabolism and burns 200-250 calories each day. Anyone heard of this or think there is any merit? I always thought the weight gain when people stopped smoking was related to their eating habits but of course I am perusing the internet and reading horror stories of folks who say they didn't change anything when they quit and gained 20. Hmmmm, while it may be true smoking certainly never kept me from gaining in the past so I will continue onward silencing the voice of fear that brings up weight gain.

Great to see all of you here and doing well. Tomorrow I am looking forward to a delish phase 3 bfast and pulled pork recipe that I found on here.
Eandc, So glad you agree and are finding this helpful I agree as well, we all have to customize this phase that is what makes it SO DIFFICULT That is why I absorb what everyone else is eating to try to figure out what my custom plan will be......still no clue.....
You mention bloat and gas... I have noticed that adding dairy back has caused that for me. I had a day of being nauseous and my stomach really isn't happy of late, everything I read says its normal though so I'm not going to overthink it.
Love that statement of your Scale doing "the jump around jive" made me laugh, I will use that some time I'm certain LOL mine does exactly that. drives me crazy but I can't not step on it, just can't.
I am thinking your description of Phase eating is what will work best for me. I'm still exploring and hope to have some plans put together by the end of this weekend.
Good luck with the quitting smoking, I did it 3 years ago. I can and have blamed my weight gain on the quitting but it was just an excuse. A way to have people look at me and my gained 10,20,50,80 lbs and say "Oh so it's worth it and I understand, it couldn't be helped" But that was such whooy What happen is I told myself "poor thing you can't have that cigarette so you can have that ice cream, cake, cheeseburger esc... after all you are doing so good not smoking". I had a split personality develop during that time, the one who wanted to smoke and the one that didn't and they negotiated and pacified each other only to replace one bad habit with another, food. You have a tool now and I commend you for doing it now!! Only piece of advise I would give is to say, when the negotiation in your mind starts recognize it and stomp that negotiator voice that creeps up and you will win!! Perhaps some extra phase 1 days will be needed to offset, but you can do it!!! How was the pulled Pork? What did you eat the whole day ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Kcdoe - thanks for your help and comments! The Vitatops have been great - you find them in the freezer section, pop them in the toaster, they're like a muffin 'top' - here's the nutritional information: 100 cal, 1 g fat, 5 g fiber, 22 carbs, 5 g protein. I eat olives off the salad bar as an added oil since I have my fats for lunch. I don't eat meat, so hard boiled eggs and dry tuna are my standards if I eat at the office - try to stay away from cheese cause it's a trigger. I find the candy and fun sized bars that the office receptionist keeps on her desk hugely tempting for me so I've started to cut up a pure protein chocolate caramel bar into 6 little pieces and keep them in a baggie on my desk so if I'm jonesing for chocolate or sweets, I eat a couple of little bites and it's been working - I do the same with the new IP chocolate mint bar (the Quest bars aren't coated, so it's more difficult).

Here's what my day is looking like for food:

B: 1 Light Thomas Eng Muffin, 2 tsp's organic PB, 3/4 cup sliced strawberriers, 3 tblspns egg beater omelette
Snack: 1/2 ounce of raw cashews
L: 6 pieces sashimi (salmon, tuna, yellowtail), soy sauce, wasabi, sliced ginger, shredded raddish, 1 cup seaweed salad (seaweed with sesame oil and seeds)
Snack: Pure Protein bar
D (planned): 6 ounces grilled Tilapia, lettuce, cucumber, tomato salad with WF dressing, 1/2 cup of roasted butternut squash, 1/2 cup roasted cauliflower. 1.5 ounces vodka with lime, on the rocks.
ecdcslim, So glad if I can help in any way Vitatops added to my shopping list yeah. Love the snack bag idea and will do that to. they do the same thing at my work. My boss actually keeps a big basket full of snickers, M & M's and all the top candy bars. I snitch a dark chocolate ever now and again. temptations harder these days so definitely doing this tx
thank you for giving your meal detail, keep them coming what brand on the Pure Protein bar?
And wow wow on the 1.5 ounces of vodka!! You are so well behaved. I have to admit we had company last night and I stayed up till 2 talking music and my vodka consumption was more in the 8oz area. I made drinks with Lime club soda 0 carbs 0 fat 0 Calories and I add a Stevia to make it sweet. I have made sure to drink a ton of water this morning to flush the system. Oh well I do not do that often most of the time about 2.5 ounces does the trick.
Olives on my grocery list though since I read this yeah keep sharing PLEASE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Yes... interesting to see what is working well and taking note of the overlap in philosophies!

KC- One of the reasons I loved IP was it's simplicity...
and the fact it worked made it easy for me to stay the course. Losing all the weight I wanted to lose in my mid 60s in under 8 months...what a miracle!!!

Taking advantage of the lessons for P1 and 2 seemed to be a no-brainer for me to apply for life. P2 lunch is easy either at home or out with friends...P1 dinner also was good at home and worked uber well for social occasions. I like simple...a lot. (I liked it even better because it worked!!)

Increasing and widening the selection of veggies to give me more volume and a wider selection to eat went into my "simple" plan. The "big" breakfast is more of a challenge for me since I am GF..but also know that the GF alternatives to bread and cereal tend to contain a lot of processed carbs. Most are made from rice...which I do not eat. i(I do not eat white carbs...) Easy again...that big breakfast was a NO-GO for me.

Since I like the paleo breakfast of eggs over vegetable...either a salad or asparagus, or egg white veggie omlette or adding berries a few times a week to some dairy...and then still like the option of the protein shake diluted with almond milk and coffee for an on the run turned breakfast, choices for me are straight up and simple Monday thr Saturday . Some days I do a protein shake... AND hard boiled eggs. I do not let myself feel hungry...esp early in the day. This give me three breakfasts that are not too difficult...easy to have what I need on hand and are not going to be full of processed carbs everyday, and on Sunday we a nice sit down brunch with eggs, berries, cottage cheese...pork cutlets and salad and sometimes avacado..if I remember to get one so it is ripe!!
Some nuts for snack daily...a little cheese 1 or 2X a week.

Don't do a regular fun day or fun meal thing...but am careful with most meals ..so when the occasion arises, or I am out I do not fret about things that are out of my control. I don't eat sugar and I pass on that except for an occasional piece of VERY GOOD chocolate....and a lot of people do not do desserts even when out so that is not a challenge. I allow myself 1 drink socially when out...and depending on the time frame of the event tell myself I can make a decision on having a second one...and usually do not. I have found it means less to me now than it did when I was heavy. The glass of wine with dinner out has become more like part of the food experience...and is not about alcohol.

Being 65 has it's benefits...puts one eyeball to eyeball with mortality.

It is also true I am pretty black and white. I like definition and gray areas frustrate me. That is why I have often come out so strong about people not trying to make those lifestyle changes and cheats when they are in P1...I do not apologize for my philosophy. There are plenty who are able to be more forgiving of themselves...but I am not one. I am my own hardest critic. So everyone needs to forgive themselves...not look to someone else for that.

Also, I had 15 miserable years of trying to lose weight. Where nothing worked. Even though I was compliant. And used to promise myself if I ever got it off...I would be able to keep it off by changing the things that mattered so much less..for me.

Point #1)Making food and drink choices indiscriminately would end.
Psychologically it got to the point that was the case after it was clear nothing helped or mattered. Counting calories and things like WW did not work...I gained in spite of in addition to regular exercise.
Point#2)The joy of understanding my metabolism has made it easy to stay lo carb and lo glycemic in making 95% of my food choices. It is about what I now want for me...not what I crave. Just like understanding hunger...it is good to understand craving. The cravings actually have not been something out of control for me I must admit that. Partly because I don't keep anything in the house...no jelly..no candy...no pastry etc. My husband has artisian whole grain breads and cereals...but I am GF because of wheat intolerance for over 8 years now...and that stuff makes me feel bad.... so no craving there. Carbs make me fat...and that makes me feel bad psychologically...no craving there for that mental pain again either. He also drinks wine with dinner every night...but I am happy NOT to have added calories...and know it is paying off not to add that back into my day. We do not go to restaurants that specialize in high calorie foods...mostly stick to seafood and places that grill chops and steak.

I can and DO have extra protein if I am hungry...and there is a fridg full of prepped celery, cukes and bell pepper strips and hot mustard dressing for dipping, and salad greens are always cleaned and ready to serve. Another habit from P1 that is a keeper.. I truly feel blessed...and satisfied enjoying my new way of eating and the way I feel. It is motivating me to keep this weight off. That and how much I like SIMPLE.

What IP advocates for P4...does NOT sound simple to me..and I see where too many people have trouble with it eventually. Too many choices...too many carbs for anyone who had a serious issue...and is probably carb sensitive to begin with. It is my understanding this diet was NOT developed originally for insulin resistant people...but rather for athletes to get "off" the "up" poundage between seasons. Athletes for the most part do not have metabolic problems!! That is where and why I began to read more and more about the effects of adding carbs back in after a ketogenic diet. I learned there is credibility to the advice to go slower in adding carbs for people with insulin resistance so as to gauge the spot where too much is too much becomes apparent.....and makes it easy to back off. It also holds off the craves....

Know thyself.

Both in what you can handle as far as decision making...but more importantly...if nothing else worked for you before this diet...you are probably insulin resistant...and adding all those carbs is opening the door for gain.

At 65...I do not have the kind of time needed for a "redo". Instead, SIMPLY plan to travel... socialize with my friends and family...drink SOME wine...and eat a lot of meals on the road...!! Shop....Go to art shows...Broadway shows...participate in book groups...and learn a lot of new things and meet new people.

This SIMPLE way of eating is going to let me do all of that with out ever looking/going back to what 15 fat years was like...except to say "Thank heavens I found something that works...while I can still do all those things and before being overweight ruined my health"

So
I
May
Play @
L
ife
Enjoyably!!!
65 I do believe you missed your calling to be a writeryou are a wealth of information thank you so much. I commend you and your determined, disciplined mind set. I can tell by all you have shared you have mastered the negotiator voice in your life I had it down during phase 1 and was there for the diet, I'm now in search of that for maintenance, which is what fuels my need to find all the detail I can!!! Your eating routine is great thank you for sharing your journey is immensely helpful. I have made a list of pointers and food ideas in my journal and my grocery list, from this post. I am forwarding this to my friend also. She has been on maintenance for months now and is miserable there. The choices are what have made her crazy. She is in her 60's also and finds the simple way to be what works best for her. The IP Plan is wonderful but like you and many others have pointed out they really drop the ball with Maintenance. I believe they have heard our cries though and are at least trying to get better Keep us posted on your food please!!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #52  

Some new Posts I have found in the Archives:

Originally Posted by kplus80

I have a couple phase 4 questions if you all don't mind, since I'm not even close yet. I saw on the protocol sheet that no fat is allowed at dinner - so if you're having vegetables at dinner, does this mean absolutely no fat, as in no olive oil to cook vegetables and no butter on a baked potato? Also, regarding the cheat day, in the information sheet where it says it is mandatory, does that mean mandatory once when you go into phase 4 or mandatory once per week? And I know the next day after a cheat day you follow phase 1 protocol, but the day after that do you go right back into the phase 4 protocol?

It means use fat sparingly... a little olive oil or butter, a small amount of grated cheese on your pasta, etc. The cheat day is once a week in Phase 4... even if that is dinners from Friday through Sunday. On Monday, no carbs, and you're good to go. Last weekend I got up to 133, and was down to 128.4 after one no-carb day. This weekend, same pattern... got up to 132+, and just weighed in after yesterday at 128.6.

But don't worry about being too rigid in Phase 4. Keep the separation of foods in mind, but just live your life in a healthy, comfortable way. Watch your weight and monitor how your clothes fit, and you'll know what to do when the numbers creep up too far.
My experience on phasing out.
I was absolutely terrified about phasing out. I think I was actually too comfortable in Phase 1 because it was easy, no thinking, have a shake some veggies and your good to go. With phasing off I had to start to think all over again. I've been on the IP protocol since Oct.24 so it just became second nature. SOME GOOD NEWS...... I started Phase 3 7/9/10, and still losing weight...5lbs to be exact..which is way better than my weekly totals in Phase 1.....go figure right.....eat more loose more?! Who Knows....But I'll take it. I just thought I should share with you that you can still lose in phase 3.
I'm moving to Phase 4 starting Thursday and I'm sure I'll be anxious about that too....but really like Novak said we've ALL been given a weight loss tool for life.......
Originally Posted by pitakitten
I am heading to phase 3 tomorrow although I keep going back and forth on it. I have my low sugar alpine muesli, low fat yogurt, blueberries all ready for my breakfast; just need to buy almond butter and low carb toast I guess. My plan is do it for sat,sun,monday and tuesday. I get weighed in at the Gym on tuesday evening so if I have gained then I can run around all worried and if I haven't then I can do the happy dance.
Don't waver... it's time. You are there.

FYI, I never did find the Arnold low carb bread, and I used peanut butter instead of almond butter. Otherwise, sounds like my work breakfast! Yum!

You shouldn't gain on Phase 3, except possibly the one-time 3 pounds, though that didn't happen to me. But even if you do, just keep going. Things will even out. Enjoy the big breakfasts, and don't let your insulin spike more than the one time a day. Soon you'll be gliding down the home stretch to maintenance.
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie
When you go back on Phase I for a day (after a "cheat day", for instance), do you go strictly back to protocol (using 3 IP packets, one regular meal) or do you just cut out carbs? I am wondering if I need to plan on buying a bunch of IP packets, or find some alternative, before I stop seeing my coach.

Dreaming on....
It is not necessary to do anything other than cut out the carbs. So you can follow Phase 1/2 for that day, but substitute your own protein. On the other hand, it is okay to use IP (or other protein products) if that is easier for you. I have not used packets, though I still have some on hand. I DO use the premade drinks from New Lifestyle, which I keep stockpiled in my pantry. Sometimes it's just easier for me, since I don't eat meat, and a quick shake ensures that I'm getting adequate protein.
I use my NOW whey protein isolate or Lindora packets. Dr. Tran also has some suggestions in his book if you don't have any packets. You can read the book at trantiendiet.com.

Last edited by kcdoe; 04-05-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #53  

P3 What I ate yesterday
B
low fat apple spice Oatmeal and Lowfat vanilla Yogurt
L
Chicken Breast with broccoli
raw asparagus dipped in 2 tbsp. Almond butter (my first try, bought for me by someone at work) loved it. Do not recommend eating raw asparagus though, yuk tried it didn't work.
D
Lean Beef Burgers 9 0z
Green Beans

cheated with a spoonful of mashed potato's off my granddaughters plate. She really needs to not sit so close to me with mashed potatoes.

And as I stated above had some drinks.

MAINTAINERS WHAT DID YOU EAT YESTERDAY??????
Old 04-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #54  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

65 -- That was beautiful and oh-so simple. You have articulated EXACTLY the way I want my maintenance to be. It is inspirational to see it in action with you.

Also, thank you for so beautifully expressing the JOY in eating the way we eat now. I have several friends that are convinced that I am not enjoying my life anymore, that I cannot possibly "keep this up," and that I have forgotten that "life is short." I feel sort of sorry for them because their views on the way I am living my life betrays the imbalanced perspective they have on food and role it should play in (most of) our lives. I told her yesterday, it is not so much about being "strict" with myself, but in being protective of myself. Certain foods hurt me and my ability to live and feel and look the way I enjoy looking. I intend to protect myself from those foods in order to protect all the things I have gained through this weight loss. Some people just don't get that.

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 04-05-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Because I really do know the difference between "role" and "roll." egads.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
65 -- That was beautiful and oh-so simple. You have articulated EXACTLY the way I want my maintenance to be. It is inspirational to see it in action with you.

Also, thank you for so beautifully expressing the JOY in eating the way we eat now. I have several friends that are convinced that I am not enjoying my life anymore, that I cannot possibly "keep this up," and that I have forgotten that "life is short." I feel sort of sorry for them because their views on the way I am living my life betrays the imbalanced perspective they have on food and roll it should play in (most of) our lives. I told her yesterday, it is not so much about being "strict" with myself, but in being protective of myself. Certain foods hurt me and my ability to live and feel and look the way I enjoy looking. I intend to protect myself from those foods in order to protect all the things I have gained through this weight loss. Some people just don't get that.
Thank you Sylvie...somethimes I fear others don't get my point a lot of times because I think when it's so simple...others think ??? what??? there must be more. And the simple just gets lost. AND....Thank-YOU...you have articulated well...something I PROFOUNDLY feel too...the protective mode of self.

....And as for the life is short comment...Ummm...that's the point! Another piece that gets lost...life IS short...much shorter than we anticipate ...LOL as I face B-day # 66 in less than 6 moths now....and can not imagine how I went from 20 YO to knowing 70 is right around the corner in such a short time!!! Any one who says that life is short in regard to food..has really missed the point. What a pity!! Lady at the gym this AM who is extremely obese.. told me she lost 29 lbs but gained it all back pretty fast...when I mentioned a lo glycemic diet with fresh foods and meat and fish and eliminating sugar.......said...

"well that will never work for us...we use ALL processed and prepared frozed food at our house....and I don't want to lose too fast .." Really ??? What the heck?? She is pushing an (unhealthy) 50...How much time does she think she has!!!? I think Ruth Ann said it best a while back...so I silently channeled her wisdom and kept quiet but thought...
"OK...Then just stay fat..."
Honestly I can say I prefer the quality of my current life...the actual food we eat and my personal mental state more that anything others think I am missing. You are going to do great with your maintenance. You have the right mindset to succeed and you will!!

BTW...where in the Middle Atlantic are you?? You can PM me if you don't wish to put it out here in a post....I too live in the Middle Atlantic area...
kathie

Last edited by 65X65; 04-05-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post

65 I do believe you missed your calling to be a writeryou are a wealth of information thank you so much. I commend you and your determined, disciplined mind set. I can tell by all you have shared you have mastered the negotiator voice in your life I had it down during phase 1 and was there for the diet, I'm now in search of that for maintenance, which is what fuels my need to find all the detail I can!!! Your eating routine is great thank you for sharing your journey is immensely helpful. I have made a list of pointers and food ideas in my journal and my grocery list, from this post. I am forwarding this to my friend also. She has been on maintenance for months now and is miserable there. The choices are what have made her crazy. She is in her 60's also and finds the simple way to be what works best for her. The IP Plan is wonderful but like you and many others have pointed out they really drop the ball with Maintenance. I believe they have heard our cries though and are at least trying to get better Keep us posted on your food please!!!!
Thanks so much KC...I know I come out strong of opinion...but wimpy won't work for me...and suspect others who may have struggles as I did need to be honest and mean with them selves cause no one else will stick their neck out be the mean monster for them!! We need to be harder on ourselves than anyone else...and that is the simple truth.

Also- I draw a big difference between cheating on the diet and slipping up. I consider a slip up an unplanned weak moment. Some are more prone to that than others, but the head knows ... regain control ASAP...and no harm in most cases...
Planning to go off the rails is not the same thing. Sometimes I think folks think they are the same...

It is so much better (and easier)to learn how to save yourself from going over the cliff in P1......because you will find ways to use that skill set in maintenance to help you follow through with your maintenance plan. And it is and must be a plan.

You too will do great...so much thought into the process...and asking great questions so we can all participate in this important discussion.Take the pieces that you know will help you and get yourself ready. Good luck!!
kathie
Old 04-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #57  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Mars; look forward to the title of that book!!! Rubber to the road LOL Love it!! Don't forget to come back and tell us what you are eating!!
back atcha kcdoe!
The book is Secrets of a Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney, 2007 I stumbled across it while browsing my new favorite section of the library: self-help weight loss books. I don't agree with everything she wrote, but found some very helpful & practical ideas. My favorite was the one about practicing 'change.' It's a lighthearted, funny yet serious read.

Here's what I ate yesterday, kind of ho hum compared to the creative meals I enjoy reading here. I eat almost the same thing daily, with a little experimentation here n there. Since you opened this great thread, I've been trying & liking bigger meals less often. Also trying to conquer the 'gotta eat the whole thing' behavior with avocado:

Breakfast:
Cytosport whey protein shake with unsweetened almond milk 2:1 in strong coffee (I love Tasters Choice instant, espresso strength)
Tofu Yuba (thin sheets) wraps filled with lettuce, basil, julienne carrots, scallions, olive oil, garlic powder
1/2 navel orange (still feels like rocket juice so 1/2 is just about right)

Lunch:
Green salad/romaine,arugula, julienne raw beets & carrots, shredded red cabbage, 1/2 avocado (2.5 oz), crumbled tofu (looks like bleu cheese almost) WF Italian dressing (if eating at home, I use olive oil)

Dinner:
Broiled chicken breast with garlic powder (sounds bland but the chicken itself has so much flavor it doesn't need anything else)
Broccoli steamed in chicken broth
Butternut squash cubes roasted in coconut oil & cayenne pepper

Snack 1/2 navel orange

The avocado was a nice treat. It wasn't as hard as I thought to cut it in half and save the rest-so far. I might tackle raw nuts next. While these things aren't exactly triggers, anything that is quick to eat and tasty can pose a challenge for me.

Last edited by mars735; 04-05-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #58  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

What do you maintainers do for vitamins now? It really hurts me to have to shell out for all those IP vitamins right now, but I do it because I know it is important. How and when did you go "normal" . . . or did you? Thanks.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #59  
maintaining since 9/2013

SylviesGirl: I took Reviva liquid multivitamin & Reviva liquid calcium when I first came off P1. I found them at Costco online. Now that I eat regular amounts of a healthy diet, I don't take anything but Superior Source sublingual D, 2000 units most days.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Talking Maint. & Vitamins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
What do you maintainers do for vitamins now? It really hurts me to have to shell out for all those IP vitamins right now, but I do it because I know it is important. How and when did you go "normal" . . . or did you? Thanks.
I have always taken vitamins (my MD suggested it 30+ years ago) but because I have to be gluten free, I have researched and take my own, not IP since they can't guarantee they are GF. I take a Vitex (to help with perimenopause) and a potassium in the morning at breaky, 2 Omegas + D & a Super Multi at lunchtime. 1000 mg Extra C vitamin chewables for "dessert" after supper, and 2 Cal-Mag at bedtime to help with sleep & fat burning metabolism.

I figure my health is priceless and way cheaper than illness. I just bite the cost, lol. You can probably find equiv. supplements at a cheaper price, but check with Consumer Digest to make sure they are actually giving you the nutrients safely that they state on the label.

Food diary from Sat.

BREAKFAST Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
Blue Diamond - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk Updated, 10 oz 50 3 4 1 1 0
Nature's Path - Mesa Sunrise Gluten Free Cereal, 3/4 Cup 120 24 1 3 3 4
Garden of Life Raw Protein-cacao Kiss - Protein Powder, 26 grams 90 5 1 18 4 1
Sunmaid - Raisins, 1/8 cup 65 16 0 1 1 15
Add Food Quick Tools 325 48 6 23 9 20

LUNCH
Generic - Bell Peppers-mixed (Yellow, Orange, Red), 0.25 cup 5 1 0 0 0 1
Generic - Grape Tomato Raw, 0.75 oz (approx. 12 tomatoes) 6 2 0 0 0 1
Green Onion - Green Onion Raw (Whole), 1 medium (15 g) 5 1 0 0 0 0
Lettuce - Red leaf, raw, 0.75 cup shredded 3 0 0 0 0 0
Lilydale - Turkey Breasts (Oven Roasted, Seasoned, Carved), 0.5 container (27 strips (50g) ea.) 315 5 7 63 0 5
Tostitos Simply Natural - Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, 56 g about 6 chips 280 38 12 4 2 0
Steinfeld's - Homestyle Sauerkraut, 10 tbsp (30g) 25 5 0 0 0 0
Add Food Quick Tools 639 52 19 67 2 7

DINNER
Everyday Market - Canned Lentils, 1 cup 160 27 1 12 6 0
Generic - Bell Peppers-mixed (Yellow, Orange, Red), 0.5 cup 9 2 0 0 1 1
Onions - Raw, 0.25 medium (2-1/2" dia) 12 3 0 0 0 1
Stagg Chili (Canada) - Silverado Beef (97% Fat Free), 1 cup (250g) 260 30 8 17 7 7
Vegetable - Celery Stalk 7 -8" Long (Kym), 2 stalk 12 2 0 1 1 1
Rice - India Gate Basmati Rice Premium White, 0.66 cup cooked 99 23 0 2 0 0
Spaghetti Squash - Fresh Steamed, 0.33 cup cooked 14 3 0 0 1 1
Danone - Silhouette's Yogurt 0% Pomegranate Blueberry, 100 g 40 6 0 3 0 4
Add Food Quick Tools 606 96 9 35 16 15

SNACKS
Gort's - Extra Aged Raw Milk Gouda, 30 g or 1 oz 120 2 10 7 0 0
Add Food Quick Tools 120 2 10 7 0 0

Totals 1,690 198 44 132 27 42
Your Daily Goal 1,689 211 56 85 27 64
Remaining -1 13 12 -47 0 22

Liana