Maintainers P4 What are you eating today?

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: 65 - are you still taking vitamins as well? One thing IP is doing for me is making me realize the nutritional things I was missing with my old way of eating.
    YES!! Absolutely!

I take OTC Omegas, Calcium(1000mg daily in 2 doses)
    and a multivitamin daily (plus a baby aspirin as directed by my MD). I get my vitamins from the Vitamin shoppe (also available on line...but we have a store very close to my home. Also I take both Rx Synthroid and Lipitor daily (the lowest dose ) and monthly Boniva started in the last 15 months due to my bone density beginning to show changes into osteopenia as I neared 65th B-day last year. Osteoporosis runs in my family and also is documented to be a side effect of both celiac disease as well as gluten/gut absorption issues. Also issues for me.

As for my diet now...I just try to be sure to get enough protein, still eat the 4 C veggies ( don't worry about select or occasional...just eat lots of them) and unlimited salads with lemon and olive oil or my horseradish hot mustard/rice vinegar dressing...added nuts, berries and some 2% cottage cheese and enjoy good cheese as a snack or social nibble. Try to leave the (Gluten Free) crackers alone. (But I do like the C-R-U-N-C-H...and do not always resist!) None of the rice carbohydrate gluten free substitutes have come back into my life...(bagels, cereal, waffles etc) ..all too high on the Glycemic Index...so I never added that stuff back into my diet. I don't crave it or miss it. Been GF for over 8 years now. Drinking alcohol has become passe...I consider wine as a food now ..much as my European relatives (Italian) do...and do not drink much other than a very good red esp a burgandy with an nice meal. The carbs and extra 100 calories/glass would mean even more time on the treadmill...and I'm not sure even that would help! In the past we drank wine daily with dinner..I walked 5 miles on the treadmill...and still had a weight problem. Not willing to test that one out.... Occasional is enough. I like being thin, healthy and my new wardrobe...a lot!!

I like my new life. And no one else has to........and more importantly, no one is able to pressure me off my game. 18 months and counting in June!! There is a 4lb window from my goal weight where I tolerate some fluxuations but think some of that is probably muscle because of the exercise. All clothing still fits fine since end of last summer. My P3 was different from everyone else's because with out the grains...and keeping carbs lower, my breakfast is usually smaller and under 300 calories...where it gets closer to 400 on Sundays only. My maintenance is very much a boilerplate. It is easy-peasy.... That is the real prize at the end. Figuring out what is worthwhile to you. Because I have simplified it...there is no need to track every day. I'm on auto pilot for the rest of my life, and my spouse is riding shotgun.
  • Quote: YES!! Absolutely!

I take OTC Omegas, Calcium(1000mg daily in 2 doses)
    and a multivitamin daily (plus a baby aspirin as directed by my MD). I get my vitamins from the Vitamin shoppe (also available on line...but we have a store very close to my home. Also I take both Rx Synthroid and Lipitor daily (the lowest dose ) and monthly Boniva started in the last 15 months due to my bone density beginning to show changes into osteopenia as I neared 65th B-day last year. Osteoporosis runs in my family and also is documented to be a side effect of both celiac disease as well as gluten/gut absorption issues. Also issues for me.

As for my diet now...I just try to be sure to get enough protein, still eat the 4 C veggies ( don't worry about select or occasional...just eat lots of them) and unlimited salads with lemon and olive oil or my horseradish hot mustard/rice vinegar dressing...added nuts, berries and some 2% cottage cheese and enjoy good cheese as a snack or social nibble. Try to leave the (Gluten Free) crackers alone. (But I do like the C-R-U-N-C-H...and do not always resist!) None of the rice carbohydrate gluten free substitutes have come back into my life...(bagels, cereal, waffles etc) ..all too high on the Glycemic Index...so I never added that stuff back into my diet. I don't crave it or miss it. Been GF for over 8 years now. Drinking alcohol has become passe...I consider wine as a food now ..much as my European relatives (Italian) do...and do not drink much other than a very good red esp a burgandy with an nice meal. The carbs and extra 100 calories/glass would mean even more time on the treadmill...and I'm not sure even that would help! In the past we drank wine daily with dinner..I walked 5 miles on the treadmill...and still had a weight problem. Not willing to test that one out.... Occasional is enough. I like being thin, healthy and my new wardrobe...a lot!!

I like my new life. And no one else has to........and more importantly, no one is able to pressure me off my game. 18 months and counting in June!! There is a 4lb window from my goal weight where I tolerate some fluxuations but think some of that is probably muscle because of the exercise. All clothing still fits fine since end of last summer. My P3 was different from everyone else's because with out the grains...and keeping carbs lower, my breakfast is usually smaller and under 300 calories...where it gets closer to 400 on Sundays only. My maintenance is very much a boilerplate. It is easy-peasy.... That is the real prize at the end. Figuring out what is worthwhile to you. Because I have simplified it...there is no need to track every day. I'm on auto pilot for the rest of my life, and my spouse is riding shotgun.
    Ditto for me too, re: vitamins and Gluten Free (4 years), My drink of choice is good wine also. We live in a fairly famous wine producing region of Canada with lots of international winners, and I am Italian descent with relatives who own a large vinyard & winery in Australia - my maiden name is De Bortoli and the founder Vittorio is my grandpa's ("Nonno") cousin. http://www.australiasfirstfamiliesof...ortoli-Wines-4

DH & I have a little wine cellar (never more than 2 dozen bottles at any one time) and we drink about a bottle a week. Alcohol calories can kill you - they go down so easy, interesting website from the UK - National Health Services - you just have to figure out some of the non-familiar terms ie: pork scratchings lol - http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/alcohol/P...n-alcohol.aspx

Liana

April 30 Maintainer Menu: I was out all day in town
    BREAKFAST Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Blue Diamond - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk Updated, 8 oz 40 2 4 1 1 0 
    Generic - Banana - Large 8 Inches! , 0.8 banana (136 g) 97 25 0 1 3 13 
    Nature's Path - Mesa Sunrise Gluten Free Cereal, 3/4 Cup 120 24 1 3 3 4 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    257 51 5 5 7 17

LUNCH
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 1.25 cup slices 20 5 0 1 1 2 
    Danone - Silhouette's Yogurt 0% Pomegranate Blueberry, 100 g 40 6 0 3 0 4 
    Generic - Egg Large- Hardboiled, 2 egg 156 1 11 13 0 1 
    Pinapple - Fresh Fruit, 0.75 cup (diced) 59 15 0 1 2 11 
    Summer Fresh - Hummus Roasted Garlic, 8 tbsp (30g) 240 20 16 8 8 0 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    515 47 27 26 11 18

DINNER
    Fresh - Large White Mushrooms, 4 mushroom 20 4 0 4 0 0 
    Veggie - Broccoli (Raw), 1 Cup (91g) chopped 30 6 0 3 2 2 
    Onions - Raw, 0.25 medium (2-1/2" dia) 12 3 0 0 0 1 
    Generic - Bell Peppers-mixed (Yellow, Orange, Red), 0.33 cup 6 1 0 0 1 1 
    Bragg - Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning From Soy Protein, 2 tsp (2.5ml) 0 4 0 12 0 0 
    Saporito - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp (10 ml) 40 0 5 0 0 0 
    Maple Leaf - Fully Cooked Sausage Rounds, 2 round (60 g) 200 2 17 9 0 0 
    Kuhne - Traditional Barrel Sauerkraut, 3/4 Cup 53 11 0 3 5 6 
    Safeway Select - Saskatoon Berry Sorbet (Canada), 125 ml 110 28 0 0 0 24 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    471 59 22 31 8 34

SNACKS
    Atkins Advantage - Peanut Fudge Granola Bar , 1 bar 210 17 10 16 9 1 
    Cottage cheese - Lowfat, 2% milkfat, 1 cup (not packed) 203 8 4 31 0 1 
    Quaker - Rice Cake - Buttered Popcorn, 1 cake (9g) 35 8 0 1 0 0 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    448 33 14 48 9 2

Totals 1,691 190 68 110 35 71
    Your Daily Goal 1,960 245 65 99 31 74
    Remaining 269 55 -3 -11 -4 3

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
  • Here was my menu for today:

Breakfast:
    2 Freybe Canadian back bacon
    2 Silver Hills Little Big Bread toast
    1 tbsp almond butter
    3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
    200g strawberries

Lunch:
    2 cups baby spinach
    1/4 cup yellow pepper
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 can light tuna in water
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 tsp balsamic vinegar
    Snapea Crisps 100 Calorie Pack

Dinner:
    2 turkey burger patties
    2 cups broccoli
    1 tsp coconut oil

Snacks:
    Gala Apple
    IP Peanut Butter Crunch Bar
    1 slice homemade coconut flour bread (only 40 calories and 2 g carbs)

MFP calories: 1497
    Jawbone UP Activity Tracker: Total burn 1486 calories
  • Friday's menu
    I got accidentally glutened at lunch and have been sick since then... now Sat evening Hopefully better soon. Not exactly eating on plan.

Ideal Protein - Peach Mango Drink Mix, 1 packet 80 1 0 20 0 1 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    80 1 0 20 0 1

LUNCH
    Deluxe Stir-Fry - Mixed Vegetables, 1 1/2 cup 50 2 0 0 12 0 
    Edo Sukiyaki Beef - Thinly Sliced Beef, 75 g 109 14 3 6 1 1 
    Huy Fong Foods - Chili Garlic Sauce , 25 g (1 tsp) 0 0 0 0 0 0 
    Add Food Quick Tools Whaaaah! They didn't clean the grill before cooking my lunch and I didn't notice.
    159 16 3 6 13 1

DINNER
    California 1 Cup - Seedless Red Table Grapes, 1 cup 104 27 0 1 1 23 
    Cauliflower - Raw, 1 cup 25 5 0 2 3 2 
    Grana Padano - Parmesan, 66 gr 253 1 18 24 0 0 
    Wine - Table, white, 2 glass (3.5 fl oz) 140 2 0 0 0 0 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    522 35 18 27 4 25

SNACKS
    Generic - Egg Large- Hardboiled, 1 egg 78 1 5 6 0 1 
    Vega One - Protein Smoothie - Tropical Tango, 1 scoop 90 4 0 15 1 2 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    168 5 5 21 1 3

Totals 929 57 26 74 18 30
    Your Daily Goal 2,191 274 73 110 34 83
    Remaining 1,262 217 47 36 16 53
  • Liana-
    Hope you are better today..the risks with eating out at some types of restaurants is sooo tricky. We are so careful where we go...and what we order, but it's never a sure thing is it??

We are quite nervous about our upcoming trip to Mexico. My daughters and I are all used to how we have to travel and order and know what is most often the safest bet...(not always right about that tho' are we???) ...but our 12 YO granddaughter is newly diagnosed and still not healed. She also has seafood, tree nut and a lot of fresh fruit and vegetable allergies. We are taking a lot of food for her with us. My daughter already contacted the resort and the airlines...and we are going to be allowed to pack and even carry on a lot of food (with a Drs letter.) I am still worried. Her parents want her to learn what she has to do to take good care of herself, and international travel is going to be part of her life.

Makes her granny a wreck......I can't stand to see her hurt or be sick. She is my first grandchild, (named after me even) and has the sweetest disposition of all the kids. She always comes and crawls in my bed when we travel or vist them. I will have to be on 24-7 to protect her .. as will all the adults in our group.

How long does it take you to recover? I usually feel it for a few days after an exposure. So does my youngest daughter. We don't know what to expect with this kid..for how long or how bad she might get....
  • What a lucky kid 65 to have all the adults so vigilant about protecting her! Kudos to all of you!
  • Quote: What a lucky kid 65 to have all the adults so vigilant about protecting her! Kudos to all of you!
    Thx RuthAnn..we all carry epi pens when with her...(peanut /nut/shellfish allergy is really serious)...and even the 9 YO sibling has been trained and able to administer. Don't know how my daughter deals with it 24-7 esp when she is away from home at school. This kid carries a cell phone even in a school that does not routinely allow kids to have them in class or during the school day.
  • So, after reading the last couple of pages, I strolled over to MFP and calculated my BMR at my goal weight. Feeling light headed now . . .

I'll get it together . . . I can do this . . . youch.
  • Quote: Liana-
    Hope you are better today..the risks with eating out at some types of restaurants is sooo tricky. We are so careful where we go...and what we order, but it's never a sure thing is it??

We are quite nervous about our upcoming trip to Mexico. My daughters and I are all used to how we have to travel and order and know what is most often the safest bet...(not always right about that tho' are we???) ...but our 12 YO granddaughter is newly diagnosed and still not healed. She also has seafood, tree nut and a lot of fresh fruit and vegetable allergies. We are taking a lot of food for her with us. My daughter already contacted the resort and the airlines...and we are going to be allowed to pack and even carry on a lot of food (with a Drs letter.) I am still worried. Her parents want her to learn what she has to do to take good care of herself, and international travel is going to be part of her life.

How long does it take you to recover? I usually feel it for a few days after an exposure. So does my youngest daughter. We don't know what to expect with this kid..for how long or how bad she might get....
    Mexico is actually fairly easy for those of us with gluten problems; where I have to watch is in Europe, and Asia where they use a lot of soy sauce based dishes, and fish sauces can have gluten in too.

I am feeling not too bad this evening but it takes me about 2-3 days to be OK tummy wise, and a week or so for the joint pains to calm down. I usually have no problem at this particular restaurant, but there was a new guy on and he didn't get the big explanation - I just assumed the other cook would fill him in... my bad! I am the only one who can be responsible for my health, I shouldn't have assumed he would understand and I should have supervised while he cleaned the grill & got new utensils

At least I don't have to carry an EPI pen for this. It must be hard for your granddaughter & family. I know it takes LOTS of planning. I can carry my own food onto airplanes too with Dr's note - which comes in handy if you are trying to watch your figure anyhow, lol.

Today's menu: DH made breaky for me

Blue Diamond - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk Updated, 4 oz 20 1 2 1 1 0 
    Prairie Naturals (Canada) - Organic Rice Protein (French Vanilla), 0.9 Scoops (30g) 50 1 0 11 1 0 
    Steel Cut - Oatmeal, 0.75 cup cooked 120 10 2 4 3 6 
    Amaranth, 0.2 cup 146 26 3 6 6 0 
    Fruit - Raisins, 0.0625 cup 33 8 0 0 1 6 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    369 46 7 22 12 12

LUNCH I kind of grazed while I made dh's sandwich - maybe not a good idea...
    Gort's - Extra Aged Raw Milk Gouda, 45 g or 1 oz 180 3 15 11 0 0 
    Cook's Baked Ham - Sliced Baked Ham, 0.75 Thick slice 3/8" thick 81 0 4 11 0 0 
    Avocado, Raw - Avocado, No Skin or Seed, 0.7 fruit 225 12 20 3 10 1 
    Veggie - Broccoli (Raw), 1 Cup (91g) chopped 30 6 0 3 2 2 
    Kraft (Canada - Calorie Wise Greek Feta & Oregano Dressing, 2 Tbsp (15ml) 60 2 6 0 0 0 
    Tomato - on the Vine, 0.75 Medium Tomato 24 5 0 3 2 4 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    600 28 45 31 14 7

DINNER Fire Roasted peppers & onions, FRESH LOCAL ASPARAGUS oven roasted in EVOO yaaay + free range
    Generic - Bell Peppers-mixed (Yellow, Orange, Red), 1 cup 18 4 0 0 2 2 
    Green Onion - Green Onion Raw (Whole), 0.66 medium (15 g) 3 1 0 0 0 0
    Saporito - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tsp (10 ml) 80 0 9 0 0 0 
    Veggie - Asparagus - Asparagus, Fresh, 11.2 spear(s) 3.8 ounces 24 4 0 2 2 0 
    Potatoes - Russett, 150 g 120 27 0 3 2 1 
    Danone (Canada) - Oikos 0% Greek Yogurt, Plain, 0.2475 cup (175g) 33 3 0 6 0 1 
    Generic - Pork Chop - Free Range Hogs, 145 gr grilled/ oven baked 286 0 13 39 0 0 
    Safeway Select - Saskatoon Berry Sorbet (Canada), 125 ml 110 28 0 0 0 24
    Add Food Quick Tools
    674 67 22 50 6 28

SNACKS
    Curves - Yogurt & Berry Bliss Protein Bar, 1 bar 180 23 6 13 8 8 
    Quaker - Rice Cake - Buttered Popcorn, 2 cake (9g) 70 16 0 2 0 0 
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72 19 0 0 3 14 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    322 58 6 15 11 22

Totals 1,965 199 80 118 43 69
    Your Daily Goal 1,590 199 53 80 25 60
    Remaining -375 0 -27 -38 -18 -9

Liana (a bit over on MFP suggested levels today, but I have been under fairly often - I should be OK)
  • Quote: Mexico is actually fairly easy for those of us with gluten problems; where I have to watch is in Europe, and Asia where they use a lot of soy sauce based dishes, and fish sauces can have gluten in too.
    THANKS for this...
    I am feeling not too bad this evening but it takes me about 2-3 days to be OK tummy wise, and a week or so for the joint pains to calm down.
    Interesting...that is also what I experience! The joint problems linger..
    I usually have no problem at this particular restaurant, but there was a new guy on and he didn't get the big explanation - I just assumed the other cook would fill him in... my bad! I am the only one who can be responsible for my health, I shouldn't have assumed he would understand and I should have supervised while he cleaned the grill & got new utensils

At least I don't have to carry an EPI pen for this. It must be hard for your granddaughter & family. I know it takes LOTS of planning. I can carry my own food onto airplanes too with Dr's note - which comes in handy if you are trying to watch your figure anyhow, lol.
    When you didn't post I was worried for you. Some are like the canary in the coal mines....and can spiral dowh hill with very little cross contamination as you well know. My youngest daughter had descended into sprue and it finally took steroid treatment to reverse her immune-response even after 10 months on a GF diet....! So glad you are getting back to you! We adults who have to watch were OK the last few trips to Mexico...but this is a different game with a kid. The food is everywhere...and while we don't want to make her paranoid...her recovery is just underway, and she is very frail. My daughter said the resort was super accommodating on the phone with her and assured her they will do everything to make this part of the trip OK. Some resorts do have a GF area in the buffets now. We tend to do dinner in the ala carte restaurants as a family ...(photo ops for all of us with the kids and each other...dressed up and with sun glow from the long day of being outside and in the water...LOL!)... so keeping our fingers crossed. Again... you feel better.
  • 65x65: It was easier for us as adults to eat at the little local restaurants (where most did not speak English), since they didn't try to cater to NA or European type wheat based diets. There were only corn tortillas available and rice & beans and fresh veggies with fresh salsas and fresh fruit and cheese. BUT, of course your gd is also in a difficult position due to anaphylactic shock from food - which is a different ball game altogether.
    I've read in several places that it can take up to two years of eating GF for celiacs to have their villi heal again. That's without getting glutened in the meantime of course...

Here's a website for celiactravel.com with the link for 'cook cards' in other languages which inform the cooks of your dietary needs. They are provided free but you can make a donation toward the site as a thank you gesture.
    http://www.celiactravel.com/cards/

Also you can get a multi lingual phrase passport from here: http://glutenfreepassport.com/

I hope these help!! (We do travel a lot and they have come in handy to be certain the restaurant/server/cook understands clearly)
    Liana

Todays Menu: I went to an Aquafit class today so there were extra calories/fat/carb to play with

Blue Diamond - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk Updated, 8 oz 40 2 4 1 1 0 
    Nature's Path - Mesa Sunrise Gluten Free Cereal, 3/4 Cup 120 24 1 3 3 4 
    Prairie Naturals (Canada) - Organic Rice Protein (French Vanilla), 1 Scoops (30g) 55 2 0 12 1 0 
    Seeds - Pumpkin and squash seed kernels, dried (pepitas), 0.25 oz hulled (142 seeds) 38 1 3 2 0 0 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    253 29 8 18 5 4

LUNCH Multitasking during lunch - not one of my better 'menus'
    Cauliflower - Raw, 2 cup 50 11 0 4 5 5 
    Ip Protein - Broccoli Cheddar Soup, 1 packet (36 g) 130 7 4 18 1 4 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    180 18 4 22 6 9

DINNER Yummy 'carb-lite meal'
    Fresh - Large White Mushrooms, 6 mushroom 30 6 0 6 0 0 
    Saporito - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1.5 tsp (10 ml) 60 0 7 0 0 0 
    Green Onion - Green Onion Raw (Whole), 0.66 medium (15 g) 3 1 0 0 0 0 
    Lettuce - Red leaf, raw, 2 cup shredded 9 1 0 1 1 0 
    Grana Padano - Parmesan, 50 gr 192 1 14 18 0 0 
    Avocado, Raw - Avocado, No Skin or Seed, 0.25 fruit 81 4 7 1 4 0 
    Rocky Mountain Grain Products - Hemp Hearts, 0.4 oz (55g, 5 tbsp) 63 1 5 4 1 0 
    Brianna's - Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing, 2 Tablespoons 120 5 11 0 0 4 
    Salmon / Blue Water Seafoods - Canada - Pacific Salmon Grill Lemon Herb, 1 fillet (89g) 100 0 3 18 0 0 
    Nuts - Hazelnuts or filberts, 12 nuts 106 3 10 3 2 1 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    764 22 57 51 8 5

SNACKS
    Cottage cheese - Lowfat, 2% milkfat, 0.5 cup (not packed) 102 4 2 16 0 0 
    Quaker - Rice Cake - Buttered Popcorn, 1 cake (9g) 35 8 0 1 0 0 
    Danone - Silhouette's Yogurt 0% Pomegranate Blueberry, 100 g 40 6 0 3 0 4 
    Mc Donalds - Cafe Latte Small Skim, 260 ml 60 9 0 6 0 8 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    237 27 2 26 0 12

Totals 1,434 96 71 117 19 30
    Your Daily Goal 1,907 239 64 96 30 72
    Remaining 473 143 -7 -21 11 42

• Today's Maint menu May 6
    Powerplant - Chocolate Sprouted Seed Spread, 1 tbsp (26g) 65 6 4 2 2 4
    Walden Farms - Peanut Butter Spread - Cdn, 1 Tbs. 0 0 0 0 0 0 
    Udi's (Gluten Free) - Ancient Grain Omega-3 Flax & Fibre Bread, 2 slice (58g) 160 22 6 6 6 3 
    Raw - Jícama , 1 cup 46 11 0 0 6 2 & tbsp. cinnamon
    Add Food Quick Tools
    271 39 10 8 14 9

LUNCH Egg & veggie scramble with pepperoni & cuke on the side
    Avocado, Raw - Avocado, No Skin or Seed, 0.5 fruit 161 9 15 2 7 1 
    Veggie - Broccoli (Raw), 0.75 Cup (91g) chopped 23 4 0 2 2 1 
    Fresh - Large White Mushrooms, 6 mushroom 30 6 0 6 0 0 
    Green Onion - Green Onion Raw (Whole), 1 medium (15 g) 5 1 0 0 0 0 
    Fresh is Best - Salsa - Medium, 60 ml 20 4 0 1 0 2 
    Generic - Egg Large- Hardboiled, 2 egg 156 1 11 13 0 1 
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 1 cup slices 16 4 0 1 1 2 
    Helmut's Sausage Kitchen - Habanero or Jalapeno Pepperoni, 2 stick (50 g) 320 6 26 16 0 6 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    791 35 59 41 10 13

DINNER
    Cloverleaf (Canada - Chunk Light Tuna In Water, 1/2 can, drained 60 0 1 15 0 0 
    Lettuce - Red leaf, raw, 1.25 cup shredded 6 1 0 0 0 0 
    La Costena - La Costena Salsa Hot, 46.5 g (2tbsp) 15 5 0 0 2 0 
    Katryna's - Gluten Free Perogies (Sauerkraut), 6 perogies 220 40 4 4 2 0
    Cottage cheese - Lowfat, 2% milkfat, 0.75 cup (not packed) 153 6 3 23 0 1
    Add Food Quick Tools
    454 52 8 42 4 1

SNACKS Glass of wine while preparing dinner - so relaxing...
    Wine - Table, white, 1.5 glass (3.5 fl oz) 105 1 0 0 0 0 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    285 24 6 13 8 8

Totals 1,801 150 83 104 36 31
    Your Daily Goal 1,664 208 55 84 26 63
    Remaining -137 58 -28 -20 -10 32

Liana
  • May 7 Maintenance Menu
    Found $5.00 fudge for $.99 and bought it! DH & I split it for dessert tonight.

Danone (Canada) - Oikos 0% Greek Yogurt, Plain, 9/10 cup (175g) 120 10 0 20 0 5 
    Strawberries - Raw Strawberries (Fresh) 100 g, 75 g 24 6 0 1 2 4 
    Rocky Mountain Grain Products - Hemp Hearts, 0.4 oz (55g, 5 tbsp) 63 1 5 4 1 0 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    207 17 5 25 3 9

LUNCH Mediterranean Tuna with olives on one side of the plate and Chinese 5 Spice Veggie & Cashew Stirfry on the other side
    Cauliflower - Raw, 1.33 cup 33 7 0 3 3 3 
    Generic - Bell Peppers-mixed (Yellow, Orange, Red), 1 cup 18 4 0 0 2 2 
    Green Onion - Green Onion Raw (Whole), 1 medium (15 g) 5 1 0 0 0 0 
    Bragg - Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning From Soy Protein, 3 tsp (2.5ml) 0 6 0 18 0 0 
    Generic - 10 Raw Cashews, 13 pieces 113 6 9 4 1 1 
    Tonno - Solid Light Genova Tuna-In Olive Oil, 4 oz (56g/about 1/4 cup) 180 0 12 26 0 0 
    Mclarens - Manzanilla Olives Stuffed W/Pimento Paste, 7 Olives (15g) 15 0 2 0 0 0 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    424 24 30 51 6 6

DINNER Chicken Cacciatore sans pasta
    Onions - Raw, 0.2 medium (2-1/2" dia) 9 2 0 0 0 1 
    Classico - Roasted Portobello Mushroom Pasta Sauce (Canada), 3/4 cup 75 14 2 3 3 8 
    Fresh - Large White Mushrooms, 3 mushroom 15 3 0 3 0 0 
    Vegetable - Celery Stalk 7 -8" Long (Kym), 1.5 stalk 9 2 0 0 1 1 
    Saporito - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp (10 ml) 40 0 5 0 0 0 
    Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 1 cup, chopped 20 4 0 2 1 2 
    Raw, Boneless, Skinless - Chicken Breast, 4 ounces (112g) 130 0 1 27 0 0
    My Favourite Fudge - Mint Chocolate Fudge, 72 g 193 52 11 2 2 43 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    491 77 19 37 7 55

SNACKS
    Nuts - Macadamia nuts, raw, 1.5 oz (10-12 kernels) 305 6 32 3 4 2 
    Strawberries - Raw Strawberries (Fresh) 100 g, 20 g 6 2 0 0 0 1 
    Add Food Quick Tools
    491 31 38 16 12 11

Totals 1,613 149 92 129 28 81
    Your Daily Goal 1,986 249 66 100 31 75
    Remaining 373 100 -26 -29 3 -6

Liana
  • hey guys.. I am on Phase 1 and was wondering what kind of food would I eat when in maintenance mode. I am an Indian and I was wondering if Dal and roti will be a good combination for lunch and dinner? I was a very heavy rice eater and thanks to IP I don't have any cravings for rice anymore but I was worried if I start eating curries and roti I will gain weight.
    Here is the recipe for dal and roti you can advise me if having them will be disastrous.
    Toamato Dal:
    Toor dal ( Indian Lentils) - 1 cup
    Tomatoes - 2 chopped into medium
    Jalapenos - 1 (depending on your spice level)
    Cilantro - 2 tbsp
    oil - 2 tbsp
    Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbsp
    Cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp

Wash the dal and add the dal,tomatoes to a pressure cooker until they are completely cooked.
    Add little salt and in another pan add oil and after it's heated up add mustard seeds and let them splatter and then add cumin seeds , cilantro and add this oil mixture to dal.

Roti:
    Wheat flour - 2 or 3 cups
    water - may be 1 cup to make it a good dough

Add water to wheat flour and make it into a nice dough. The dough shouldn't be too watery. You should be able to make little balls and roll them into round roti. Warm up a pan and roast the roti until the dough is cooked. Some people apply some oil to roti or add some oil to roti to make the roti's more tasty.
    You can cut some onions and add some lemon, pinch of salt and pepper and take them with roti and dal. It tastes really good.

Dal is protein, oil is fat and roti is carbs. I was wondering if this can be consumed during maintenance phase?
  • Quote: hey guys.. I am on Phase 1 and was wondering what kind of food would I eat when in maintenance mode. I am an Indian and I was wondering if Dal and roti will be a good combination for lunch and dinner? I was a very heavy rice eater and thanks to IP I don't have any cravings for rice anymore but I was worried if I start eating curries and roti I will gain weight.
    Here is the recipe for dal and roti you can advise me if having them will be disastrous.
    Toamato Dal:
    Toor dal ( Indian Lentils) - 1 cup
    Tomatoes - 2 chopped into medium
    Jalapenos - 1 (depending on your spice level)
    Cilantro - 2 tbsp
    oil - 2 tbsp
    Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbsp
    Cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp

Wash the dal and add the dal,tomatoes to a pressure cooker until they are completely cooked.
    Add little salt and in another pan add oil and after it's heated up add mustard seeds and let them splatter and then add cumin seeds , cilantro and add this oil mixture to dal.

Roti:
    Wheat flour - 2 or 3 cups
    water - may be 1 cup to make it a good dough

Add water to wheat flour and make it into a nice dough. The dough shouldn't be too watery. You should be able to make little balls and roll them into round roti. Warm up a pan and roast the roti until the dough is cooked. Some people apply some oil to roti or add some oil to roti to make the roti's more tasty.
    You can cut some onions and add some lemon, pinch of salt and pepper and take them with roti and dal. It tastes really good.

Dal is protein, oil is fat and roti is carbs. I was wondering if this can be consumed during maintenance phase?
    I cook & eat Indian a lot (I am gluten free) and this is a perfect meal for your fat-light meal in maintenance. You may want to add a few other low carb veggies in with this meal for more vitamins. Just watch the amount of oil or ghee you use with the roti and if you can, lower the amount of fat in the recipe by 1/2. I don't do roti because of the wheat - I use chickpea flour 'breads' - but those are higher carb foods with little fat. If you use yogourt for a raita or to mix into your egg/meat curries, try to make it 0-2% max fat. There is actually a forum thread for IP Indian style - me and a few others are on it although I think they are still on IP1. Sorry I can't think of the name of the thread off hand, but I will look & post here and you can do a search.

Liana

"Indians on IP" - found it!!!