Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Kontesanera, my best friend since age 16 is also my SIL. I have noticed a change in our relationship too. She has always been thin and does yoga, so I know that she wants me to be healthier. But... I do not see her very much now, because we used to go to dinner or meet for wine. I still go out to dinner, but I guess it is not the same for her. She also does not comment about how I look, maybe because she does not want me to feel bad about before? I try not to focus on it. I also make a point of not bringing up the plan unless someone asks. Thank goodness, for this thread though because The IP journey is very much on my mind.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 204/198/150

Height: 5' 3"

I am going on my 3rd week and am feeling great! Went to the IP Clinic on 3/6/14 (actually starting the IP on that Monday 3/10/14) and found what I had already known that I needed to get doing something about it so I did not feel bad that day but good that I walked in the door and started a process! 198 that day. My second week was a 6.6 loss and the third was only .4 loss but it is going better than I thought. Have not strayed from staying OP. Here in New Orleans it is one party after another from Christmas through Mardi Gras. I will have visitors in for Jazz Fest and hope that I can just eat the protein out there at the Fairgrounds and not have a complete wipe out. I will be 6 weeks on IP when the Fest starts so wish me luck. I'll post after that to let you all know how it went. I really love reading all the advices and how people on the IP a lot longer have done! Let's keep this up!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #93  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
I discovered Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon tea few weeks ago. I was double checking and googling nutritional information as I was convinced that it had sugar in it. It definitely satisfies a sweet craving. Every evening I drink 2-3 large mugs of various caffeine-free herbal teas. Celestial Seasoning and Stash teas are my favorites.
I know it's nerve wrecking to think about it. I knew my mint tea was fine, but wow! Turtle mom was right this is sweet and yummy! I'm gonna go through the whole box this weekend.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

Does anyone know how Mio affects ketosis? I'm having one of those days where water just doesn't want to go down, but I'm okay with adding Mio for flavour. Will drinking my water this way affect ketosis?
Old 03-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Kontesanera, my best friend since age 16 is also my SIL. I have noticed a change in our relationship too. She has always been thin and does yoga, so I know that she wants me to be healthier. But... I do not see her very much now, because we used to go to dinner or meet for wine. I still go out to dinner, but I guess it is not the same for her. She also does not comment about how I look, maybe because she does not want me to feel bad about before? I try not to focus on it. I also make a point of not bringing up the plan unless someone asks. Thank goodness, for this thread though because The IP journey is very much on my mind.
Slipfree, you lost 60 lbs and I am sure that it is very hard not to notice! You must look and feel fantastic. I do find it amazing how people that I am not particularly close to are approaching me and giving me compliments on the way I look. Sometimes they do not realize immediately that it is the weight loss and resulting confidence (i have to admit that my skin has been pretty great too!). I do find it slightly unnerving that those that I consider the closest friends have been mum about it. I think that as women we are always in a little bit of competition with each other when it comes to weight. Wish it was not true, but I know that is the way it is. So when my friend, who is struggling with losing her weight, that was always mine wine and party buddy does not ask me a single thing about it, I interpret is as a tiny bit of jealousy. Not that I consider her less of a friend because of it because I wonder how I would feel if it was reversed. Just being honest with my self. Also, our relationship is being redefined because for the time being, I am no longer willing or wanting to share a bag of tostitos and a bottle or two of fine.

Last edited by kontesanera; 03-30-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #96  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
Does anyone know how Mio affects ketosis? I'm having one of those days where water just doesn't want to go down, but I'm okay with adding Mio for flavour. Will drinking my water this way affect ketosis?
My coach says I can have as much mio as I want
Old 03-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #97  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
Slipfree, you lost 60 lbs and I am sure that it is very hard not to notice! You must look and feel fantastic. I do find it amazing how people that I am not particularly close to are approaching me and giving me compliments on the way I look. Sometimes they do not realize immediately that it is the weight loss and resulting confidence (i have to admit that my skin has been pretty great too!). I do find it slightly unnerving that those that I consider the closest friends have been mum about it. I think that as women we are always in a little bit of competition with each other when it comes to weight. Wish it was not true, but I know that is the way it is. So when my friend, who is struggling with losing her weight, that was always mine wine and party buddy does not ask me a single thing about it, I interpret is as a tiny bit of jealousy. Not that I consider her less of a friend because of it because I wonder how I would feel if it was reversed. Just being honest with my self. Also, our relationship is being redefined because for the time being, I am no longer willing or wanting to share a bag of tostitos and a bottle or two of fine.
Ladies I too have experienced differences in the amount of interaction with my friends, and although my friends are supportive and regularly compliment when I do see them, I still see them less for the same reasons, going out to dinner and drinking isn't an activity choice anymore. Sitting outside and drinking margaritas doesn't work. However I have chosen to be a leader and convince my friends to do other things with me, so now we go to yoga and water aerobics, we might even actually see each other more now that I think about it, just the time is different and we are focused on healthy choices rather than drinking and gossip (all though we still talk just not at yoga lol)
Old 03-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 350/284/185

Height: 6'

Hi everybody. I'm on day 7 and this is the first day I've felt sorry for myself and been really tempted to eat off plan. I'm looking at my kids' food, what's left on their plates, thinking they are crazy for not eating it because it looks so delicious. I don't want to, but I get resentful that this - obesity, food addiction, compulsive overeating, slow metabolism - is my burden to bear rather than something else. I want to keep going, I know I need to... I want impossible results (go to sleep and wake up a size 6) and I have trouble with the marathon of healthy eating opposed to a sprint. Also I keep wondering if adding some calories could be helpful. My Fitness Pal app tells me everyday that I'm not eating enough calories which can make it harder to lose weight. I'm at about 750/day, they recommend 1200 minimum. If you have time, I'd love to get some encouraging words. Thanks for reading.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Ladies I too have experienced differences in the amount of interaction with my friends, and although my friends are supportive and regularly compliment when I do see them, I still see them less for the same reasons, going out to dinner and drinking isn't an activity choice anymore. Sitting outside and drinking margaritas doesn't work. However I have chosen to be a leader and convince my friends to do other things with me, so now we go to yoga and water aerobics, we might even actually see each other more now that I think about it, just the time is different and we are focused on healthy choices rather than drinking and gossip (all though we still talk just not at yoga lol)
Hmmm..I have 2 friends ...same age range as myself..that am seeing a lot less of these days...one is thin...one struggles up and down with her weight. Although not overt...I've wondered for a while...and now accept my new healthy body may have something to do with that....

Ms. thin really liked NOT having a weight problem...and perhaps enjoyed her status as the thinnest littlest older woman in our shared social settings...Well...not the only one now. In fact my husband says I'm actually noticeably smaller since last summer...and he noticed and mentioned her shift in personality around me last year. And the other...well..as I said...she struggles ... I miss them both...but not enough to once again be the person who makes them happier with themselves. There are new friends now at my gym...and I look forward to seeing them and hearing what is going on with them...and there are a lot of old friends that are happy for me...and have gone out of their way to not make me feel I need to "share" my journey.

They accept I've made changes and they are looking at the road ahead...and it is a new day. I'll still be around if the other two decide they do want me in their circle...but the ball is in their court.

Last edited by 65X65; 03-30-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity311 View Post
Hi everybody. I'm on day 7 and this is the first day I've felt sorry for myself and been really tempted to eat off plan. I'm looking at my kids' food, what's left on their plates, thinking they are crazy for not eating it because it looks so delicious. I don't want to, but I get resentful that this - obesity, food addiction, compulsive overeating, slow metabolism - is my burden to bear rather than something else. I want to keep going, I know I need to... I want impossible results (go to sleep and wake up a size 6) and I have trouble with the marathon of healthy eating opposed to a sprint. Also I keep wondering if adding some calories could be helpful. My Fitness Pal app tells me everyday that I'm not eating enough calories which can make it harder to lose weight. I'm at about 750/day, they recommend 1200 minimum. If you have time, I'd love to get some encouraging words. Thanks for reading.
Serenity: If you have a coach, call or text them now and talk. If not, visit these boards every day, several times a day. Go to the 100% forum, read the daily chat. Get your inspiration from the great people here who can give you advice and help you on your path. This is not easy. It's a choice. Bad choices about food got you here. You made a good choice by deciding to do IP. Stick with it. It works. I've only been doing this for 5 weeks and have lost almost 15 lbs. That feels wonderful. Just remember, that once you put something in your mouth that is off plan that you think will make you feel better, your guilt and remorse about what you have done will only make you feel worse. Also, stay off MFP while on Phase 1. The two plans are not in any way similar. Do what is on your protocol sheet, don't stray, and this will work.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable alternative to the IP Crispy Cereal?? I tried the pancakes made with this an WOW they were delicious. Need to find a less expensive one. thanks
Old 03-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Fearciuil good morning. Is your user name an Irish language word? I'm curious. I'm Irish. you are doing very well with IP.
You're close; it's Scots Gaelic for "minstrel" or "bard" (and actually hyphenated: fear-ciuil.) Thanks!

Last edited by Fearciuil; 03-30-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Never mind. It will show on my next post. :D
Old 03-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #103  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
OK, I've got some time, so here are some encouraging words . . .

Don't give in to the mood you are in. It is a mood, a passing moment. Stay on the wagon and ride it out. You will eventually catch back up to yourself and you will be so glad that you did. Pay no attention to what MFP is telling you. It is currently calibrated to a traditional weight loss/weight maintenance rubric. I do not use MFP, but I know others on here do and have found a way to restructure it so that it reflects the IP goals. I suggest you take time to do that so that you do not subject yourself to mixed messages about whether or not you are doing it "right."

I started IP approximately 13 months ago. I have lost 112.5 lbs so far. I can tell you in complete honesty that it is ALL worth it -- all the food "missed," all the hungry days, all the struggles with doubt, all the mood swings, all the thoughts of "how long it will take," ALL OF IT. I would do it all again. I would do it all for the rest of my life to feel the way I do now . . . and I've still got a good 10lbs more to goal. I currently wear that size 6 you spoke about. If I can do it, you can do it. And, know what? It is even better than you are imaging it. It is well worth scraping your kids' leftovers right into the garbage where they belong. When you are zipping up your new size 6s, you won't even remember that food that seems to be speaking to you right now, trust me.

IP, at least for me, is a snowball effect. You are in the most difficult time right now. The snowball is formed, it is beginning to roll, but it is just starting to get heavy. You are at the point, right now, where you need to bear down and give it another big heave. Push hard and push through and that snowball will get up some momentum and speed (as reflected by the number on the scale and on the tape measure), and you won't have to push as hard to keep it moving . . . it all starts kind of working together. So, for today, just set your mind to giving that big push forward again. Don't discuss any other options with yourself. Shut down that little voice that is arguing with you about needing 1200 calories. Just shut it down. That voice is not your friend. That voice is the unhealthy side of yourself trying to self-preserve. Don't listen. Bear down and push forward and wait until you see what that rolling snowball will have done for you by this summer.

Good luck!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #104  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Hang in there! Like Catlady said, hit the boards for daily inspiration. We can't control how we feel (like resentment) but we CAN control how we react. So don't give in or give up! I would suggest start pampering yourself. Why wait until you get to your "goal" to start feeling really good? Look for the NSVs (non scale victories), and be proud of what you have accomplished so far. Dang it, this is HARD work sticking to plan, and you have already finished the 1st week! You can do it
Old 03-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe View Post
Happy Weekend Wohoooo!

Last night was the first night since I started (its been a week Thursday) that my stomach was growling I am eating all 4 IPs and my 8 oz of meat and 4 cups of veggies... Drinking all my water.... It shocked me cause I was feeling full all week. I did start my monthly.....but what da heck? I didn't cave but it damn near killed me! I am 5'4 and 288lbs ....ugh Hoping it doesn't happen again. Anyone else notice that happens when they are on their monthly?

Yes! this is totally normal. your body can burn 100-300 extra calories per day during this time of the month. that explains the extra hunger.
Closed Thread