Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #61  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
I had an interesting Friday.....I was at the grocery store yesterday and I wasn't feeling well, but was trying to push through it. I was standing in the checkout line and started sweating and my head got dizzy and I just knew I was going to faint...and down I went. Embarrassing. I wasn't out for long, when I came around there was about 5 managers standing around me. They had a wheelchair and helped me in there. I had bought some water and they gave me that and ran to get me a protein bar. I was really shaky, and had only eaten about 1/2 my lunch. My husband came and took me to the ER and the only thing they determined was I had an ovarian cyst rupture, but they are unsure of why I fainted. Anyone else experience this?
I get light headed on occasion but never fainted! Hope it doesn't happen again!!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #62  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I just had a fantastic moment. I fit into and bought 4 different-size 10 clothing items including jeans. At first I was just grinning with happiness then when I got into the car, I cried. Just can not believe that 6 months ago, I was wearing an 18. I have not worn a size 10 for the past 20 years. I am so grateful for the change in my life and for the support of all of you.
Amazing! Congratulations! You deserve every shred of happiness and joy in this moment. Remember this when you may get tempted to stray. You are so worth it! I am with you. I started at size 16 (and tight 16's at that) at the end of August. I am in loose tens and snug eights right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
OMG! What is with these cravings??? I've been doing great...no cravings, feeling good, and even energized a little. Now for the past 2 days, my cravings have kicked in and I am wiped out and kind of down. Not sure what's going on. I've been OP. Haven't had my TOM in 41 days. Not pregnant. I am usually very consistent at every 32 days.

Pauline
Has there been any change in what you are eating, even on program products? I find when I have things that are more dessert-y, I get cravings that are hard to fight. Like, if I have a bar for breakfast rather than cereal, I get cravings for sweets later in the day. Just something to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetharmony View Post
I am almost through my second week and this has been the toughest day so far. It's a gloomy overcast and cold day and I am having a hard time fighting the cravings! Especially now that's it's getting closer to dinner time and I'm getting hungry. I was feeling low. So DH is going to grill steak for dinner!! Some fresh green beans and salad should make a very nice saturday night meal!!
Wow, what a nice dinner! Enjoy! I am sure it will perk you right up! We bought green beans for dinner tomorrow, with hubby's famous baked chicken "stag party" style. He made stuffed peppers tonight with half gr beef and half gr turkey. Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
I had an interesting Friday.....I was at the grocery store yesterday and I wasn't feeling well, but was trying to push through it. I was standing in the checkout line and started sweating and my head got dizzy and I just knew I was going to faint...and down I went. Embarrassing. I wasn't out for long, when I came around there was about 5 managers standing around me. They had a wheelchair and helped me in there. I had bought some water and they gave me that and ran to get me a protein bar. I was really shaky, and had only eaten about 1/2 my lunch. My husband came and took me to the ER and the only thing they determined was I had an ovarian cyst rupture, but they are unsure of why I fainted. Anyone else experience this?
Wow. I do not have experience with this, but I sure hope you are doing better. Glad thee were people to take care of you!

Quick question: I have Splenda at the house, and I use it in my tea once a day. However, I was out last week and actually had tea with stevia in it. Is stevia better for us than Splenda? If so, I will buy some when the Splenda is gone.

Thanks!

Renee
Old 03-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #63  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I need to get better at just letting things go. Things that don't really matter, things I can't change because you can't change other people. My ex husband has to be the biggest douchebag on the face of the earth, I know that, I've known for a long time, why do I let him drag me into drama? I'm usually so good at staying out of it but when I fall in I really fall in. I'd love to just tell him to eff off and stay away from the kids and I, I'm sick of being called a effing c word and being told that he hopes I die... I don't know how we stayed married so long.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #64  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I guess the moral of my life is that when it rains it pours, either everything is wrong or nothing is wrong lol. Oh well, at least I'm getting healthier and my kids have me. Bring on the down pour I'll just get out my umbrella again and remember that this too shall pass.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I just had a fantastic moment. I fit into and bought 4 different-size 10 clothing items including jeans. At first I was just grinning with happiness then when I got into the car, I cried. Just can not believe that 6 months ago, I was wearing an 18. I have not worn a size 10 for the past 20 years. I am so grateful for the change in my life and for the support of all of you.
That's so awesome! Congrats!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quick question: I have Splenda at the house, and I use it in my tea once a day. However, I was out last week and actually had tea with stevia in it. Is stevia better for us than Splenda? If so, I will buy some when the Splenda is gone.

Thanks!

Renee[/QUOTE]

Stevia is from natural sources and Splenda is made from chemicals. So, stevia is the only sweetener I use for my coffee and yogurt etc, it is healthier.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Thank you Turtlemom, I will try the Tazo!
Congrats Slipfree!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:51 PM   #68  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
Stevia is from natural sources and Splenda is made from chemicals. So, stevia is the only sweetener I use for my coffee and yogurt etc, it is healthier.
Thanks!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Moving to P4 today. What is interesting is that this has been a tough week. With work, the show, my SI joint being jammed causing pain, my period started, when I went in to weigh yesterday my weight was up 2. My coach said, it is ok, just follow the plan. I did despite all of this. Today my morning weight showed my lowest weight ever.

She says "trust the plan". Ok, I will.
Wow! Moving to Phase 4 today. That is so awesome! I am so proud of you!!! I can't believe how many people are successful on IP. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Good Morning! Today is the start of day 3 for me..hoping the hunger goes away soon. I find that I am fine during the first half of the day, but between 3-whenever I eat dinner I am ravenous. I do have a bar at 4:00 which helps a little bit. Yesterday I had a few cups of lettuce in the late afternoon and that helped some, too. I have a minor headache that kind of lingers throughout the day, but it's not too bad.
I'm on day 26. The first 6 days for me was super hard! The cravings were severe! I felt like I was starving the entire time and had no idea how I was going to have so few meals per day. Then suddenly on day 7...I wasn't hungry. It was so nice. Then like day 9 or 10 I felt very emotional, irritated (like really bad PMS, but stillhaven't started my TOM).

Starting on day 24 (evening) my cravings kicked in...total bummer. Another IPer thought maybe it could have been a different IP product I ate. And I did for lunch...the Peanut Butter Bar.

So, just stay strictly OP. I really believe if you give in to snacking, a little cheat here or there...I mean even just a bite...will throw the fat burning off. And this cheat will extend the cravings.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:24 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

WildIrishRose, I hope that you are feeling better soon! In the beginning of IP, I definitely felt like passing out a number of times. I had a history of fainting, so when I felt it coming on, I quickly sat down and put my head down low. Are you on any medications? I was on a BP med and my bp was too low.

Hulachic, I still have the hungries on and off. The crispy rice bar restricted left me starving later on. I usually turn to tea and water to stay OP, or I do my cravings check- if I am really hungry I would be willing to eat a bowl full of lettuce, if not- it is just a craving.

Thank you all for your support!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Pizza has always been my weakness, my hubby took th kids to cici's so it wasn't in the house
Then he felt bad leaving me at home lol
I know what that's like! My husband always feel bad having a certain food in the house. I'm usually ok, but it can be hard.

By the way, Sweetenuf---I meant to comment the other day regarding planning of you cruise. We're going on a cruise this summer, too. Have you ever been on a cruise before? My husband an I have been planning on how I can be as successful with IP (which I believe is totally doable) onboard.

I am planning on bringing/doing:
-- my packets like usual...breakfast and lunch (obviously something that doesn't need to be cooked)

--there is always a buffet at lunch with a huge salad bar. I'm going to bring my WF dressing in packets on board for both lunch and dinner just in case I need it.

--For dinner, refuse the bread...don't even let them put it on the table. There is the varying menu for each night of the cruise, but there is always a standing menu that doesn't change (it's like this on - we've sailed on NCL, RCCL, Carnival, Princess, and Holland America). The standing menu is usually steak with veggies, salmon, etc...so if there isn't something on the varying dinner menu, you have options.

--After dinner...but still in the dining room...ask for hot tea or hot water and bring a tasty tea with you.

--Dessert---IP "snack" I am planning on having this not at the dining room, but maybe later in the cabin. But who knows.

Just wanted to let you know of what I've been thinking.

Good luck!
Pauline
Old 03-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #73  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

I have one tip that helps when I am STARVING:
Lettuce Wraps with a little cucumber, turkey and a teeny bit of mustard.

This is a lifesaver when I'm at work can run over to Jimmy John's and get an "unwhich". I've started keeping the makings on hand over the weekend if I am in a pinch. You just subtract the protein and cucumber slice from the total veg. cound for the day.

It isn't a taco or burrito, but the crunch is nice!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #74  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

NSV tonight...went to a family get together. Everyone was eating pizza and there were tons of desserts (including my favorite, coconut cake). I was so tempted but kept 100% OP and did not have one bite of anything except my salad, 2 cups of veggies, and chicken a la king.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:13 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
NSV tonight...went to a family get together. Everyone was eating pizza and there were tons of desserts (including my favorite, coconut cake). I was so tempted but kept 100% OP and did not have one bite of anything except my salad, 2 cups of veggies, and chicken a la king.
That is fantastic and you should be super proud of yourself! Isn't it amazing how good you feel when you take the power and control away from the food??
Closed Thread