Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 05:32 AM   #1  

Arrow Tuesday IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-25-2014, 06:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I was reading the other thread and poof it was closed!

The community theater show I have been producing had a near disaster last night. One of our lead characters' mother is very sick and in the hospital and we may not have him at all and we open Thursday and there is no double casting. I found a kid who played this part a couple of weeks ago in a hs south of here, and his mother says he can do it! So if he does it he has two days to learn the blocking of this director.

Amber, hang in there. Your loss was amazing. You lost pounds AND inches and inches on the waist, wow, hard place to lose at times. You need to take it. As you get closer and closer to goal, it will slow. You need to chill now to mentally prepare to take the small victories then. You may need to have a heart to heart with your coach about this too. Since you like him, it is worth it to do this. Tell him what you need from him and how some of these things he does stress you.

It is snowing...
Old 03-25-2014, 06:51 AM   #3  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I was reading the other thread and poof it was closed!

The community theater show I have been producing had a near disaster last night. One of our lead characters' mother is very sick and in the hospital and we may not have him at all and we open Thursday and there is no double casting. I found a kid who played this part a couple of weeks ago in a hs south of here, and his mother says he can do it! So if he does it he has two days to learn the blocking of this director...

It is snowing...
YIKES! Sounds like you've got it under control -will be hoping everyone "breaks some legs" starting Thursday

PS It was snowing here yesterday, I am hoping it has stopped by now. *sigh*
Old 03-25-2014, 06:53 AM   #4  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there. ~Josh Billings

We can stick to IP until we get to our goals! Let's be as strong as a postage stamp
Old 03-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

/lisa32989
I was reading an old thread and see that Birthday wishes are in order. Whether it just happened, or is right around the corner, Happy Birthday!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
YIKES! Sounds like you've got it under control -will be hoping everyone "breaks some legs" starting Thursday

PS It was snowing here yesterday, I am hoping it has stopped by now. *sigh*
My poor director is a delightful young college student. She does not need this! I am an optimist so I believe it will work out. We have a 7am tv promo this morning. Who knows, maybe our Snoopy will show up.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
/lisa32989
I was reading an old thread and see that Birthday wishes are in order. Whether it just happened, or is right around the corner, Happy Birthday!
Thanks! I sort've kept it under the radar to keep the focus on IP. It was 2 weeks ago. Also, DH was sick so it kinda wrecked my plans that week. We're going out for belated things but now I'm back on P1...

It was most important for me to keep this place positive and on IP talk

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-25-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Belated birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Thanks! I sort've kept it under the radar to keep the focus on IP. It was 2 weeks ago. Also, DH was sick so it kinda wrecked my plans that week. We're going out for belated things but now I'm back on P1...

It was most important for me to keep this place positive and on IP talk
I am more than happy to interrupt our positive IP talk here to wish you a very happy birthday, albeit belated. You have brought such wisdom and knowledge to us all that the least we could do is send happy thoughts your way!

Maybe you will get a belated birthday present of a BIG WHOOSH!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

morning! so I attempted a smoothie (with greens) this AM with my Wild Berry Yogurt Drink mix. It tasted like straight up lettuce. I added Ice and (call me crazy) some WF Syrup to take the bitterness away. It helped. Still tasted like Lettuce. Drank it anyway-wasn't that bad. Any one make these and have a good ratio?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #11  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
morning! so I attempted a smoothie (with greens) this AM with my Wild Berry Yogurt Drink mix. It tasted like straight up lettuce. I added Ice and (call me crazy) some WF Syrup to take the bitterness away. It helped. Still tasted like Lettuce. Drank it anyway-wasn't that bad. Any one make these and have a good ratio?

Thanks!
I haven't had any luck using Wildberry Yogurt for smoothies, but the ready to drink mango blended with spinach is awesome.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #12  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

Thanks!
I think ColoradoCarol has been doing them with romaine lettuce and WF marshmellow - if I remember correctly she's using 4 cups at a time. You might look over on the 100% thread, there was quite a discussion about it.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Mango smoothy and spinach with ice all blended up is super yummy! Just a question, what is the benefit of mixing in lettuce? Is lettuce mandatory on this diet? I get very little of it in my diet..... :/
Old 03-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #14  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Quote:

Thanks!
I use a bag of lettuce (but I started out with less - like 2 cups), Wildberry Yogurt Drink Mix, serving of WF marshmallow dip (2T) - blend then add ice. Could it be the green that it is getting you? I also use romaine. That is non-bitter and a "sweeter" taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
I haven't had any luck using Wildberry Yogurt for smoothies, but the ready to drink mango blended with spinach is awesome.
But spinach counts as a veggie and not as lettuce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I think ColoradoCarol has been doing them with romaine lettuce and WF marshmellow - if I remember correctly she's using 4 cups at a time. You might look over on the 100% thread, there was quite a discussion about it.
Thanks Ruth Ann, quite a memory. Are you close to the slides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Mango smoothy and spinach with ice all blended up is super yummy! Just a question, what is the benefit of mixing in lettuce? Is lettuce mandatory on this diet? I get very little of it in my diet..... :/
Lettuce isn't mandatory but my coach feels that lettuce helps keeps things "moving" and a very important part of the protocol. She recommends 4-8 cups a day. There is no way I can eat 8 cups of lettuce per day by itself, so she gave me the recipe above. Since the beginning (at the introductory meeting) she has stated her opinion that the more lettuce (specifically romaine) you eat, the better you do.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I was part of that discussion but couldn't remember what thread it was in....whoops! I did use romaine. I actually threw in WF syrup and it sweetened it up! I think I'll try the mango drink next! Hopefully that helps. I actually made my yogurt mix and froze it for a bit before blending.
Closed Thread