Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #31  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Like I don't have enough stress in life now boyfriend problems, March just isn't my month, all the bad stuff happens in March no matter how much I say that this March will be better. I'm skipping March next year.
On a brighter note I notice myself in the mirror this morning and I'm looking pretty good lol.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Caffeine

Quote:
Originally Posted by danilynn View Post
Maryland Mom -- I get liptons tea. My favorite is Chai Tea, green tea, white tea, or black pearl. Then i also stock some at work .. i use celestial herbal teas -- Cinnamon Apple spice and wild berry zinger (which i drink cold)

and yes, you can use a splenda with those.
My coach told me only 8 oz. of a caffeine drink a day. More than that, you have to replace it with an equal amount of water. Chai has caffeine. So do the others you listed except for the Celestial Seasonings. Maybe because it's less than a cup of coffee it's ok? I've been sticking with herbal peppermint to stave off hunger if I need to.

Beverage Caffeine Per 8 oz Cup
White Tea 30-55 mg
Green Tea 35-70 mg
Oolong Tea 50-75 mg
Black Tea 60-90 mg
Coffee 150-200 mg

Last edited by catlady1981; 03-25-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Like I don't have enough stress in life now boyfriend problems, March just isn't my month, all the bad stuff happens in March no matter how much I say that this March will be better. I'm skipping March next year.
On a brighter note I notice myself in the mirror this morning and I'm looking pretty good lol.
Sorry lady Boys are lame....and bright side? It's almost April!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
I don't know where in MD you are, but I have some soups at home that I am not using. (I kinda souped myself out over this long, cold winter.) If you want to try to meet to buy some off of me until your order comes in, let me know.

As for tea, I am a sucker for decaf Lipton iced tea. I do put some Splenda or Stevia in it. I usually have a glass after dinner. I also like chamomile tea when I drink hot tea; I enjoy the mild flavor.
I am in the Frederick area. I think I will try both the decaf Lipton iced tea and the chamomile! Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

I have lost 25 lbs and my jeans still fit. Differently, but still fit. WHAT THE HECK. I want to be able to CHUCK THEM! lol These are tight, and are size 16 but I have a pair of jeans that have more stretch that are size 14, both fit comfortably, both are bought from the same store. Can I seriously just light them on fire?!

On another note...Michigan weather is bi-polar. One minute it's snowing and blowing so hard that I'm freezing, the next the sun is shining and it's completely peaceful. Weird..
Old 03-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #36  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=wildirishrose;4970469]I have lost 25 lbs and my jeans still fit. Differently, but still fit. WHAT THE HECK. I want to be able to CHUCK THEM! lol These are tight, and are size 16 but I have a pair of jeans that have more stretch that are size 14, both fit comfortably, both are bought from the same store. Can I seriously just light them on fire?! QUOTE]

In 1997 when I started this job, I weighed about 160 and wore size 16 pants. Now I weigh about the same but wear size 12. There is just as much material in the pants as in 1997 but the label is friendlier. Also now that I am an old lady, I've sorta lost my butt. My fat is in the front these day...it's shrinking but it's there.

Hang in there, you'll be able to chuck those pants soon.

My coach, one of the great ones, has a pants exchange in her office. She accepts our fat jeans and let's us exchange for smaller size. Very nice!!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #37  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
My coach told me only 8 oz. of a caffeine drink a day. More than that, you have to replace it with an equal amount of water. Chai has caffeine. So do the others you listed except for the Celestial Seasonings. Maybe because it's less than a cup of coffee it's ok? I've been sticking with herbal peppermint to stave off hunger if I need to.

Beverage Caffeine Per 8 oz Cup
White Tea 30-55 mg
Green Tea 35-70 mg
Oolong Tea 50-75 mg
Black Tea 60-90 mg
Coffee 150-200 mg
Cat lady: while that may be true with your coach, I on the other hand do not have a coach, however i only have 1 caffeine drink a day and rest are caffeine free PLUS i have well over 64oz of water a day as well. I just listed those down for Maryland Mom for examples since she was wanting to know what type of tea
Old 03-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #38  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
I was part of that discussion but couldn't remember what thread it was in....whoops! I did use romaine. I actually threw in WF syrup and it sweetened it up! I think I'll try the mango drink next! Hopefully that helps. I actually made my yogurt mix and froze it for a bit before blending.
That's a great idea to freeze it. I put 1C water in the blender, the WF dressing, the yogurt drink then the lettuce. Then mix it all up. Then add ice.

The taske grew on me. I don't even taste the lettuce anymore.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #39  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
I have lost 25 lbs and my jeans still fit. Differently, but still fit. WHAT THE HECK. I want to be able to CHUCK THEM! lol These are tight, and are size 16 but I have a pair of jeans that have more stretch that are size 14, both fit comfortably, both are bought from the same store. Can I seriously just light them on fire?!

On another note...Michigan weather is bi-polar. One minute it's snowing and blowing so hard that I'm freezing, the next the sun is shining and it's completely peaceful. Weird..
I have just lost about 25 as well and I was finally able to drop down into one size lower of dress pants. yippee! I couldn't believe it took this long!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #40  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
how funny! I wish spinach was part of the 'free lettuce' catagory because it's much better than romaine. I'm just trying to get more lettuce in the diet to see if it helps with the big C instead of taking CALM daily and eating Bubbies pickles. Just like the options! Plus, it's been very filling this AM. No tummy rumbling yet!
In the ideal protein website chat that I get with my videos they say that raw spinach can be used similar to lettuce and doesn't have to be counted unless you cook it. I often eat the mixed greens and spring mix stuff. It includes spinach and I don't count it. Now I wouldn't say 4 cups of spinach a day either! In other posts when people complain about 4 cups of veggies they say use light ones like kale and spinach so it appears that it is a choice. Same as cucumber and celery. You can count it but it is kind of "free" too. I'm sure it would effect people differently.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #41  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
In the ideal protein website chat that I get with my videos they say that raw spinach can be used similar to lettuce and doesn't have to be counted unless you cook it. I often eat the mixed greens and spring mix stuff. It includes spinach and I don't count it. Now I wouldn't say 4 cups of spinach a day either! In other posts when people complain about 4 cups of veggies they say use light ones like kale and spinach so it appears that it is a choice. Same as cucumber and celery. You can count it but it is kind of "free" too. I'm sure it would effect people differently.
This has come up before. Spinach and kale are both listed as select veggies. The ingredients in mixed greens and spring mix are also listed as select veggies. Only lettuce is free - the rest needs to count towards your veggies.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #42  

The daily ideal protein videos do mention raw spinach can be free like lettuce. And they mention it on more than one occasion! The spinach must be eaten raw to be free.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #43  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
The daily ideal protein videos do mention raw spinach can be free like lettuce. And they mention it on more than one occasion! The spinach must be eaten raw to be free.
Spinach has more protein, carbs & sodium than lettuce. I would use caution not counting it as part of your veggies.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Talking I cleaned out my closet

And I have 3 pairs of jeans, several dress pants and tops that I just swim in. Now I need to figure out what to do with them LOL
Old 03-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #45  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
I started off in a 24, and those were tight (depending on who made them) and it literally took me at least 50 lbs before I could notice a difference in how they fit, and about 80 lbs before I actually went shopping for new clothes (since they were falling off, even with a belt)... It takes time, but so worth it! I've dropped a lot more sizes in the last 20 lbs than in the previous 60 combined...
Closed Thread