Old 03-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #31  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Sheriously - I like your answer, and it should shut people up.

The other one I use is "I'm following my doctor's recommendations to lose weight." Although I have been tempted to say "Meth and Cheetos." But I'm evil!
I just snorted Coffee up my nose!!!!!
RuthAnn I'm so totally telling somebody that the next they ask!
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Sheriously - I like your answer, and it should shut people up.

The other one I use is "I'm following my doctor's recommendations to lose weight." Although I have been tempted to say "Meth and Cheetos." But I'm evil!
I like "Meth and Cheetos"... I'm stealing that one!!
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

I also just say that I'm avoiding processed foods and eating lots of meat and veggies.

I am extremely grateful to the person who introduced me to IP. If she hadn't been honest about what she was doing (and doing so well!!!) I wouldn't have heard of the program. She really is an inspiration to me and I appreciate her willingness to share the information.

I, too, feel awkward about mentioning IP to anyone since it does sound rather gimmicky (though I'm doing alternatives so does not involve working with a salesperson). Even when my friend told me about the program she did so self-consciously with a self-deprecating eyeroll. It's too bad, since it works and many people would benefit from learning more about it.
trinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I have only told one person at work what I am doing and asked her to keep it confidential. I just got cornered in the kitchen today by a coworker(not the one I told) looking at my food and asking what diet I was on and if I was sick of it yet. She did say that she could tell I was loosing because my face looked thinner. I totally forgot to use the "Meth and Cheetos" line . Since she was looking at my bowl of Leek soup it would have been obvious that I wasn't eating Meth and Cheetos. Then she wanted to know how many pounds I'd lost. I just said "a few" even though I want to shout out to the rooftops that I've lost almost 12 as of today.

I don't want to get specific about what I am doing because then I feel like I will be scrutinized and watched. I am the second heaviest person in my office. Everyone else is young and thin. Not that I will cheat and they will see, its just that there is food here ALL THE TIME! We have lunch delivered every Monday along with a huge fruit basket, Tuesday there is a fruit tray, and every Friday there are donuts, not to mention the cupcakes and breakfast tacos that find their way here during the week. It generally holds no appeal for me because before I did IP I was doing Paleo and eating very clean so my not eating the food probably will not be questioned. I used to get annoyed by people asking me what I was eating, so much so that I would go home for lunch every day so I wouldn't have to put up with nosy co-workers (job before this one). Is that weird? Am I the only one who feels that way? I just need to be more prepared with generic answers. But I have to remember the Meth and Cheetos line. It's just too good.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #35  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

There is an old saying my dad would say to me every time i am nosey as a kid and even now lol. He would always ask if i was writing a book. If i had said no, he would then say "good, i would have asked you to leave my chapter out of it".

"are you writing a book" by far my best throw back to people asking me about my weight ... lol. gets them to stop asking

As for foods that are offered to me, i just simply say "im sorry, i am avoiding that right now". A lot of times they do not ask why and just move on to the next person

Last edited by danilynn; 03-24-2014 at 02:32 PM.
danilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

[quote=catlady1981;4969140]
Quote:

This is a great answer!

I have a very sensitive stomach, so much that I can only ingest very little at dinner time (a 'real' meal will make me sick for the rest of the night).

Anyhow, if I sense that it is not a good day but I'm at a restaurant for an occasion, I tell the waitress that eating gets in the way of my drinking... I usually get a good laugh (with a pair of rolling eyes if my mom is around)! lol
Chicnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #37  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
ChipnDip - remember that the occasion is about the people not about the food. It really does help. And maybe you could offer to bring something and make sure it's something you can eat - veggie trays are always good. Have some protein and veggies and just say you aren't very hungry. Most people don't really pay attention to what others are eating I've found. A wine glass with some water and a couple of drops of Mio and nobody will notice you aren't drinking. All sorts of great strategies to deal with events.

Hang in there, losing weight is hard work and stress doesn't help!
I forgot to mention that they live 4 hours away so I am stuck there for three days and fast food stops along the way! I figure I will just pack a cooler and be good to go. I don't much care for most of the extended family anyway so I will do my own thing and not worry about them. Most of the time I starve up there anyway as my step monster in law never offers us anything to eat between breakfast that I make with my FIL and dinner! She just drinks beer all day and doesn't get hungry. Oh the joy of extended family!
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #38  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I have only told one person at work what I am doing and asked her to keep it confidential. I just got cornered in the kitchen today by a coworker(not the one I told) looking at my food and asking what diet I was on and if I was sick of it yet. She did say that she could tell I was loosing because my face looked thinner. I totally forgot to use the "Meth and Cheetos" line . Since she was looking at my bowl of Leek soup it would have been obvious that I wasn't eating Meth and Cheetos. Then she wanted to know how many pounds I'd lost. I just said "a few" even though I want to shout out to the rooftops that I've lost almost 12 as of today.

I don't want to get specific about what I am doing because then I feel like I will be scrutinized and watched. I am the second heaviest person in my office. Everyone else is young and thin. Not that I will cheat and they will see, its just that there is food here ALL THE TIME! We have lunch delivered every Monday along with a huge fruit basket, Tuesday there is a fruit tray, and every Friday there are donuts, not to mention the cupcakes and breakfast tacos that find their way here during the week. It generally holds no appeal for me because before I did IP I was doing Paleo and eating very clean so my not eating the food probably will not be questioned. I used to get annoyed by people asking me what I was eating, so much so that I would go home for lunch every day so I wouldn't have to put up with nosy co-workers (job before this one). Is that weird? Am I the only one who feels that way? I just need to be more prepared with generic answers. But I have to remember the Meth and Cheetos line. It's just too good.
I understand how you feel about food at work and people, although I have openly shared my diet choices frequently the amount of bad food that comes through my work is rough. I'm a teacher and I guess teachers love junk food. There's always cupcakes, cookies, chocolate, pizza, I mean it's ridiculous, plus holidays kids bring all sorts of things, for valentines day I got so much candy from my students, then green treats on st. patricks. It's hard and most of my coworkers are supportive and helpful. They even help keep me from cheating by being cheerleaders, of course there's always a few bad seeds that constantly ask if I'm sick of eating rabbit food, etc. I just politely remind them that I happen to like vegetables and that I am doing something to better myself!
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Well at the last event I said that I was on antibiotics and could not drink and that I gave up sweets for lent. That about covered all the bad choices. LOL I told few people at work, but my social circle and work circle are very separate. Only two of my closest friends and my mom know outside of work.
kontesanera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

I had my sister over one night last week and I made her some popcorn and I ate an IP choco pudding cup. I also took my cal-mags and she was like what are you having? I said, well, I'm on this new diet. It's working pretty well. I don't eat anything at all, and when I feel like I'm about to pass out, I take two of these pills and eat a chocolate pudding.

She was horrified!!! I burst out laughing and just told her that I was being careful with what I was eating and watching my carbs and calories.
CarbLover443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #41  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I love hearing all these stories - so glad everyone seems to have a sense of humor about it!

I'm still astounded by the number of people who come up and ask me "have you lost some weight?" Uh, no? I mean, really, I've lost about 43% of my body weight - it's noticeable!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #42  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
I love hearing all these stories - so glad everyone seems to have a sense of humor about it!

I'm still astounded by the number of people who come up and ask me "have you lost some weight?" Uh, no? I mean, really, I've lost about 43% of my body weight - it's noticeable!
Ruth Ann: you will find this funny -- I had someone at work on Monday ask me about my weight loss and what i was doing. I used the Meth and Cheetos line I said "My Dr. recommended that I lose some weight, so I am following his advice. I use Meth -- and I eat Cheetos to stay slim and lose that fat".

YES -- i kid you not the person's mouth literally dropped and they said "are you serious?".. And i responded back with "No i am not serious" and then i just walked away. Mean while i am laughing..

Thanks for the smarty remark!! IT worked!
danilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #43  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Too funny Danilynn!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote