Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 178.2/178.2/164

Height: 5ft 5ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by danilynn View Post
this kind of reminds me of the Verizon commercial.. "can you hear me".

where do you see that you are invisible? im looking all over mine and i cant see that..

Hi Danilynn,

Its under my profile where my weight is display beside the big red question mark there is a pink red dot when the cursor is over it it says "Nas145 is invisible".....crazy
Old 03-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #62  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA 2 View Post
Thanks again, Danilynn. My coach was thinking phasing off to maintenance since I'm close to goal. Your comments are helpful and appreciated. I guess I can see what the next two weeks bring. You're right, I have the tools, and maybe if I keep it low fat and carb, it wouldn't be so hard going back to P1 if I wanted to lose more.
RA 2 - Depending on what your surgery is you can stay on P1 if your surgeon agrees. And of course you should talk to your surgeon and get the okay.

I had a hernia operation and then a follow up operation and stayed in P1 the whole time with no problems. We did increase my protein some to promote healing. While I was in the hospital I had mostly S&V ridges, RTD chocolate, and chocolate pudding. I was able to order some foods at the hospital since they had an extensive menu, but not sure all hospitals are like that.

Of course, you're getting really close to your goal (congrats!) so you may be close enough that you would be more comfortable phasing off for the operation.

Anyway, just something to think about. I really didn't find it hard to stay on P1 during recovery (didn't eat everything I should a few days but having the ease of P1 was really nice).

Best of luck with your operation!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #63  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvA1exa View Post
Trishlo - I have the same problem. I have weird allergies to certain veggies and have become really picky as a result. Sometimes I feel like a five year old and have to find ways to hide my veggies. I do foil packets where I steam them with my protein, a little chicken stock and EVOO and they taste more like the protein. Especially if they are chopped small. I also love that we can have rhubarb. Cook it down and mix it with a little WF jam to sweeten and its like a dessert. Kale chips are another good alternative. They are easy to make and a great way to get in more veg. Good luck!
Look up in the stickies or the first post of the daily chat and there is a thread on veggie purees - so good in soups or as a sauce! I have come to prefer roasted red pepper puree over tomato sauce.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishlo73 View Post
My husband and I started 3/16. We've been using EAS AdvantEdge shakes and following the rest of the plan. We've both lost weight, day 4 he's lost 9lbs and I've lost 8.

I know its mostly water weight the first week, due to us drinking our water. The problem I have is that I don't like most veggie and the ones permitted on Phase 1 are the ones I don't like.I can't eat Broccoli or cauliflower unless its finely minced into something else. Husband loves Broccoli.

I can't live on dill pickles or can I? I'm drinking my water, but I'm probably only eating 1 cups of veggies for the whole day.

Any suggestions for a Veggie Hater like me?
I eat a lot of cucumbers, celery and green peppers. I also started roasting vegetables like asparagus, zuchini slices and green beans spritzed with olive oil and seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning. I wasn't a big veggie fan, but I think you'll find that your taste buds will change....they almost have to to get and stay slender. Give it some time....
Old 03-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #65  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Good morning!
I had my weigh in yesterday and I lost 3.5 pounds (yay) but the past 2 weeks I have also lost some lean mass.... I have not been eating anything that I should not be eating and have been 100% on the plan, except for last weekend when I had to have 2 EAS shakes when I was traveling (the airport security confiscated my shakes).
Ok, I'm "serial posting" during my lunch break!

murphypuppy - If you are staying on plan I would not worry about what the machine says your lean mass is because:

1) Those machines are generally inaccurate; and
2) "Lean mass" includes everything that isn't fat. So it includes water, blood, connective tissue, skin, etc., etc. As you lose weight you are going to lose some of that - doesn't mean you've actually lost muscle, just that you've lost something other than fat. Does that make sense?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #66  

Hello My IP peeps...

Day #4..... what a day, Had PD Oatmeal and by 10am i felt a little weak and shaky...had lunch steamed basa fillet white fish with okra and steamed spinach....yummy almost ate the container too...lol........I Have WI tomorrow morning i am very nervous. Hope its good results.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Ok, I'm "serial posting" during my lunch break!

murphypuppy - If you are staying on plan I would not worry about what the machine says your lean mass is because:

1) Those machines are generally inaccurate; and
2) "Lean mass" includes everything that isn't fat. So it includes water, blood, connective tissue, skin, etc., etc. As you lose weight you are going to lose some of that - doesn't mean you've actually lost muscle, just that you've lost something other than fat. Does that make sense?
Thank you so much for the info! I was stressing that I was losing muscle mass I was told that they hope to see the lean mass stay stable after the 2nd week but that's just not the case here and I have been obsessive about staying 100% on plan! I knew that the "chicks" on this forum would have the answer!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas145 View Post
Hello My IP peeps...

Day #4..... what a day, Had PD Oatmeal and by 10am i felt a little weak and shaky...had lunch steamed basa fillet white fish with okra and steamed spinach....yummy almost ate the container too...lol........I Have WI tomorrow morning i am very nervous. Hope its good results.
It gets better, I promise you!! For me, the shaky, "off" feelings completely went away halfway through week two. After that it has been smooth sailing! Feel better and hope you have a fabulous weigh in!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #69  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

WI #3 & I have set another 1.5 pounds free! According to this (yet ANOTHER) person's measuring tape I am down 3.5". I think I will tell them to stop measuring me for the time being as I don't always get the same person, and they all pull a little differently. I'm also going to record my own scale's reading on my WI days. I feel I will get a more accurate account of what I weigh, and I find the numbers more appealing 1st thing in the morning :

Congratulations to all the other "losers" this week -we are rocking the scales one pound at a time!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
Holy crap! That's AWESOME!!

Were you exercising, or just following the plan? I'm so impressed, I want to do whatever you're doing!!
Just following the plan right now. I am over 300lbs, though (although hopefully not next week ) so I have a significant way to go.

I'm the type that gets very discouraged by small losses in the beginning, so this is large enough to sustain me for the rest of the week.

Gah! Why did I wait so long to start?!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #71  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
Just following the plan right now. I am over 300lbs, though (although hopefully not next week ) so I have a significant way to go.

I'm the type that gets very discouraged by small losses in the beginning, so this is large enough to sustain me for the rest of the week.

Gah! Why did I wait so long to start?!

Well, the important thing is, you DID start! And it will only get better from here!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
It gets better, I promise you!! For me, the shaky, "off" feelings completely went away halfway through week two. After that it has been smooth sailing! Feel better and hope you have a fabulous weigh in!!!

Thank you Murphypuppy cant wait to get to "smooth saILING" these little discussion are really helpful....its like i am hooked on here..... I feel very motivated to move forward.

Thanks A MILL Guys....
Old 03-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 193/173/150

Height: 5'4"

There is a whole section somewhere on this forum about picky veggie eaters, can't remember where I saw it but it has some great ideas. I also don't like a lot of veggies and have either roasted asparagus or zucchini spaghetti almost every night and either one of those or cucumbers every lunch.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

This diet is so filling (in a good way). I noticed a benefit of eating throughout the day and how I don't get hunger pangs. Really liking it.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #75  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Question.....has anyone else found that they are colder than normal while doing IP? For the past few weeks I feel like I can never warm up!! I've even been wearing sweats and socks to bed -- totally out of the norm for me. I eat red meat at least 2x per week and take an iron supplement so I don't think it's anemia (energy levels are also the same). Hmm...
OMG YES! And during the worst winter ever, to boot! I used to always be so hot, but now I have lost my insulation. My nose gets soooo cold, sometimes it is almost purple! The last few nights, I was sleeping with two shirts on and two pairs of socks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
I had my very first WI this morning and am VERY excited about the 16.6lbs I lost this week!!!

With a loss like that, who wouldn't be motivated to keep going?
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Had my weekly WI today and I'm down 2.2 pounds. I've officially gone past the 30 pounds lost mark...and HALFWAY to my ultimate goal.

I am cold all the time, also. It especially hits me in the afternoon, so I usually drink some decaf herbal tea then to warm up. My hands are always cold though.

Happy First Day of Spring!! We made it through another winter...although it's only mid 40s here today.
Yay, spring! Congrats on your WI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
WI #3 & I have set another 1.5 pounds free! According to this (yet ANOTHER) person's measuring tape I am down 3.5". I think I will tell them to stop measuring me for the time being as I don't always get the same person, and they all pull a little differently. I'm also going to record my own scale's reading on my WI days. I feel I will get a more accurate account of what I weigh, and I find the numbers more appealing 1st thing in the morning :

Congratulations to all the other "losers" this week -we are rocking the scales one pound at a time!
Yay! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcowgirl View Post
There is a whole section somewhere on this forum about picky veggie eaters, can't remember where I saw it but it has some great ideas. I also don't like a lot of veggies and have either roasted asparagus or zucchini spaghetti almost every night and either one of those or cucumbers every lunch.
When I started, I would often turn to cukes for my lunch veggie. It was still warm then, and they are refreshing. Well, my tastes have changed, and now I eat veggies I would never eat before. The only way to know is to experiment. Jicama, turnips, YUMMM! Mushrooms, too.
Closed Thread