Old 04-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

I'm no longer young.

Figure this is my last chance to make sense of all of this and to make these changes stick.

Last edited by 65X65; 04-26-2014 at 11:59 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

My motivation is my 40th birthday next year and trip to Thailand in December. I have been up and down in weight all my life. I want to turn 40 in the best shape of my life.
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I'm no longer young.

Figure this is my last chance to make sense of all of this and to make these changes stick.
AMEN!
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Motivation this week is Hawaii in August and Disneyland in September. I went to Hawaii twice in 2010 and both times I looked awful. I avoided being in pictures and hated hanging out on the beach in my suit and board shorts. This year will be much better for sure!!!
A friend of mine and I decided to treat ourselves to a short trip to Disneyland (adults only) and bought fabulously cute sundresses to wear (red polka dots a' la Minnie Mouse) for when we hit our goal weight!!! Can't wait!!!
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #65  

Height: 5 '6

I agree with schenectady... I always felt so invisible... which is kind of ironic since when your fat your anything but invisible! I actually get kind of annoyed now that certain people take the time to say hi to me when they never did before.... I am happy that I'm just another person in the crowd... not the biggest!!

Although I wouldn't say confidence was my motivator when I started.... I now enjoy feeling more confidant about myself and that motivates me to keep going!!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #66  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
My motivation is my 40th birthday next year and trip to Thailand in December. I have been up and down in weight all my life. I want to turn 40 in the best shape of my life.
Great attitude! I feel the same way, as I turn 40 in Oct. and am taking a cruise this summer to celebrate. Want to look and feel fabulous in my 40's and beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Motivation this week is Hawaii in August and Disneyland in September. I went to Hawaii twice in 2010 and both times I looked awful. I avoided being in pictures and hated hanging out on the beach in my suit and board shorts. This year will be much better for sure!!!
A friend of mine and I decided to treat ourselves to a short trip to Disneyland (adults only) and bought fabulously cute sundresses to wear (red polka dots a' la Minnie Mouse) for when we hit our goal weight!!! Can't wait!!!
How fun! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I agree with schenectady... I always felt so invisible... which is kind of ironic since when your fat your anything but invisible! I actually get kind of annoyed now that certain people take the time to say hi to me when they never did before.... I am happy that I'm just another person in the crowd... not the biggest!!

Although I wouldn't say confidence was my motivator when I started.... I now enjoy feeling more confidant about myself and that motivates me to keep going!!
Yes, the newfound confidence is a big bonus!!
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:22 AM   #67  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Omg!!!! I can't wait for the day that I don't mind being in family photos and I don't cringe when I look at them!!!!
Right there with you. HATE seeing myself in photos and try to avoid being in them as much as possible!
SophieLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #68  

My motivation is to beat diabetes and be healthy in my retirement years coming up soon!
Also I am tired of checking each room I walk in to to see if I am the fattest woman there!
mckaren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #69  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

My main motivator is a deal I made with myself to get my body healthy and in shape before I turn 30. After years of pain, I got my gallbladder out last year and that was a scary experience for me. I made the deal with myself then that I wouldn't put myself in a painful medical situation like that because of my weight and eating habits again.

I'm turning 28 this July, so hopefully I'll be in good shape before 29. I'm not married yet, no kids. I want to be happy with myself and healthy when those events come around.

Also, I think a lot about where I'd be now if I had just started earlier. If I started in January, I might be halfway to my goal by now! Whenever I have a weak moment and am craving something or just want to quit, I make a mental note to check in with myself a couple weeks after that and intentionally recognize how much progress I've made in that time. The pounds lost are much sweeter than whatever it was I wanted in that moment. Keeps me in it for the long haul—the time will pass anyway, might as well make the most of it!
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #70  
IP Start 04/29/2014

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletop1234 View Post
My motivation is to not be out of breath doing a little form of exercise. It's embarrassing being young and being out of breath going up a few flights of stairs like an old grandma. My true motivation is to look great! Nothing is worse when you hate your body; then you start hating yourself. Being back on this diet, my boyfriend sees the difference in me and even started working out again so that he can look good too. Makes me feel good that both of us are getting healthier which means we most likely will live longer!
I can relate to everything that you have said. I just want to be able to climb the stairs without feeling like I just did an hour on the StairMaster. And I want to be comfortable in my clothes and not feel like EVERYTHING I try on makes me look 20 months pregnant. Shopping has become such a frightening idea...I used to love it, now I can't imagine anything more depressing.
dtbutler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #71  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
My motivation is to beat diabetes and be healthy in my retirement years coming up soon!
Also I am tired of checking each room I walk in to to see if I am the fattest woman there!
I totally do that! I wonder how many people I have made happy because I am fatter than them!

Last summer we had a work function I the park with all these challenges and games. Someone took a picture of me "running" across the field. I saw that pic and was mortified, that was not the person I saw when I looked in the mirror. I am hoping I will be able to fully participate this year and not pee my pants when I run across a field!
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I totally do that! I wonder how many people I have made happy because I am fatter than them!

Last summer we had a work function I the park with all these challenges and games. Someone took a picture of me "running" across the field. I saw that pic and was mortified, that was not the person I saw when I looked in the mirror. I am hoping I will be able to fully participate this year and not pee my pants when I run across a field!
I completely have had that feeling where I look at a picture and I know I hadn't seen that person in the mirror. I'm guessing you will do awesome this summer when it comes time to compete!
cooluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #73  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Motivation? I have worn two pair of pants I couldn't fit into for at least 6 months...just since starting on IP for two weeks! Makes me feel like a million bucks!

Long-term...I need to pull up my big girl panties (hopefully not-so BIG soon) and realize that there are true health consequences to my poor eating habits.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote